Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Huckhappy
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230916_160420 (resized).jpg
    20230915_173623 (resized).jpg
    20230610_194434 (resized).jpg
    20221231_071145 (resized).jpg
    20221015_121310 (resized).jpg
    613722EF-2D1D-4003-9509-8AEB84CD3FAE (resized).jpeg
    20220623_071014 (resized).jpg
    20220624_172840 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

I'm looking for someone who is interested in doing a temporary pinball trade of at least a month. I'd like to try some other games, open to all offers, but I'd like to try some Sterns I haven't played - which is a lot. Hoping someone else has a pin that they want to keep, but would like to try another game for a bit.

I have a sweet Mustang Pro that's modded and has a custom soundtrack that I'd temp trade.

Also have a Big Hurt with "stadium" style lights so it's nice and bright and it's a fun game. I'd temp trade this one for a pin of the same era/value.

For the right game I'd even temp trade the modded Metallica Pro I have for sale. An Aerosmith Pro would be ideal.

Ideally we'd each do one dropoff/pickup to make it fair with our driving time/gas.

#2 6 years ago

This is a great idea! I wish more people would be willing to do this. I've purchased a machine from @PoMC. Great guy to deal with.

#3 6 years ago

Requires a lot of trust, but I like the idea.

Good luck, maybe it'll catch on.

#4 6 years ago

Great idea, wish I was closer. I hate moving pins, my least favorite part of the hobby

#5 6 years ago

This is great, I have a temp trade lined up next weekend for Metallica - just giving the for sale ad to run thru the coming week - and if not sold then we will both have a new game to enjoy for a bit.

#6 6 years ago

Bumping. I have both a sale and a temp trade lined up for Metallica.

Looking for any interest in a local temp trade for my Mustang Pro.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I hate moving pins, my least favorite part of the hobby

Agree... The worst part is the 8 steps out of my basement. Gravity helps on the way in.

Quoted from RonSS:

Requires a lot of trust, but I like the idea.

That doesn't seem hard - both parties have skin in the game and are sufficiently co-located to make the swap work, so a handshake and a simple handwritten note describing the exchange timing and who retains ownership of what is all that should be needed.

I probably could match something up with the Big Hurt, but shunning the move combined with timing that makes game playing time scarce combine to keep me on the sidelines. Timing? TPF is just 7 weeks away; Allentown is 6 weeks after that! I might go to the Northwest show 2 weeks after Allentown... time to make the daughterboards...

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC Pinball resets, the Pinball Pyramid, or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Agree... The worst part is the 8 steps out of my basement. Gravity helps on the way in.

That doesn't seem hard - both parties have skin in the game and are sufficiently co-located to make the swap work, so a handshake and a simple handwritten note describing the exchange timing and who retains ownership of what is all that should be needed.
    I probably could match something up with the Big Hurt, but shunning the move combined with timing that makes game playing time scarce combine to keep me on the sidelines. Timing? TPF is just 7 weeks away; Allentown is 6 weeks after that! I might go to the Northwest show 2 weeks after Allentown... time to make the daughterboards...
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC Pinball resets, the Pinball Pyramid, or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

Hi, my wife and I will be at Allentown too, so let's touch base when it's closer and see what we have to temp trade then.

2 weeks later
    #9 6 years ago

Bumping - may have a Mustang trade worked out in Allentown, but that's still a few months away.

Looking for someone interested in a temporary trade of Mustang for the next month or so.

4 years later
    #10 1 year ago

Thanks PoMC!

PoMC just dropped off this loaded Spiderman vault and picked up my loaded Deadpool Pro for a 3 month temporary trade. He did the first trip. I did the second. We both get to explore new to us games. Win-win.

Looking forward to doing something like this again.

20220623_071014 (resized).jpg20220623_071014 (resized).jpg20220624_172840 (resized).jpg20220624_172840 (resized).jpg
    3 months later
    #11 1 year ago

Have:

Loaded Deadpool Pro

Looking for potential temporary trading partners in or around Crofton Maryland (within 100 miles or so):

3ish month temporary trade for:

1.Black Knight Sword of Rage
    2.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    3. Iron Maiden
    4. Star Wars
    5. Tron

Possibly others.

PM Me your interest.

Deadpool Pro will be on freeplay at the York show if you want to check it out there or possibly do trade there.

Details to be arranged via PM. Feel free to reach out no obligation with questions. Just wrapping up a 3 month trade with this game for a Spiderman Vault with POMC (highly recommended).

#12 1 year ago

I've had quite a few questions on temp trades and how they work. Here are my last PM answers.

1. It’s pinball…so things can break. This is true. I can do most of my own repairs so if a switch or coil breaks I can generally replace it. The only exception to this would be a node board failure which I think would be a “trade it back” situation. If some plastics break I’m not too concerned. Don’t get me wrong, I take care of my machines but I’m not afraid of having them played. I put mylar in the shooter lane of that BKSOR, and I’m bringing it to freeplay at York. It will get far more plays at York than it would in a few months in your basement in a 25 pin lineup. Your pin would be going in a 6 pin lineup… one where Weird Al may show up before yours leaves. I would of course not be bringing your pin to a show unless specifically requested an approved. I also wouldn’t trade a mechanically unreliable game in a temp trade. I love my STTNG but there is always something I’m running down on it.

2. As far as them being big and heavy. Yes… moving pins sucks. Yes, they get banged up. I am extra careful when moving borrowed pins and wrap them up pretty good. Stern Pros can get a ding, but I wouldn’t for example want to put out the resprayed Fathom or Flash Gordon I’m bringing to the show on a temp trade. I’ve only ever dumped one pin of the 40 I’ve moved… and it was because a wheel fell off the Dolly (not my fault!). I’ve gotten a new dolly since then, and the pin in question (Fish Tales) was unharmed after cleaning off some mud. This show will be the first time I move pins in a U-Haul trailer, but I’m being extra careful.

Other concerns:
    Q: Have you done this before?
    A: Yes, POMC and I are doing a temp trade right now, his Spiderman Vault for my Deadpool Pro. The exchange has worked as planned. We are actually trading back at York. I’ve also done 2 similar trades with my boss (no issues).
    Q: What if I’m a total douche that steals your game?
    A: Under normal circumstances you know where I live having picked up and/or dropped the pin off at my house. In this specific case my game is worth more than yours so you’d “win”. Feel free to pursue with police, small claims court, and/or ruining pinside rep. We Post the trade in advance in this forum https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/temporary-pinball-trade-in-the-vadcwvpa-area#post-7169925.
    Q. What if I decide I like the game and don’t want to trade back?
    A. We can talk about making it permanent with a cash adjustment, but both parties would have to agree.
    Q: Who does the driving?
    A: Under normal circumstances one party picks up and the other party does the return trip. Due to the proximity of our houses and the fact that I’d be literally driving by your house with the pin in my trailer I’d be happy to do an exchange after the York Show Saturday and do the return trip.
    Q: How long should a trade be?
    A: I prefer about 3 months, but will listen to alternatives.
    Q: What if I need my pin back due to x,y,z?
    A: If either party wishes to end the trade early for any reason they can return and get the pin early (with call notice and arrangements). The person wishing to back out early has to do the driving though.
    Q: Is there anything else I should know?
    A: My pins are in a walkout basement. If I know you are coming in advance I can have a pin brought up to the garage, but if its short notice and it rains or snows the two of us are not getting a pin up the hill. If my Weird Al comes in super early (expected February) I may ask to pick up early to make room/funding. I am also for home use on these. Nobody's pin should be going on location.
    Q: What trades are you interested in?
    A: I’d be most interested in a 3 month temporary trade of my DP Pro for your BKSOR Pro. Super Mario Brothers for Terminator 2 would be another possibility.

#13 1 year ago

SantaEatsCheese I’d be interested in temp trading your Deadpool for my Maiden

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from RazorV23:

sataneatscheese I’d be interested in temp trading your Deadpool for my Maiden

RazorV23 Awesome! I'm getting my Deadpool Pro back from POMC at the York show. (another temp trade) and can bring by this weekend if you are interested as it will already be packed. So long as you don't mind me giving it a quick cleanup (after days of nonstop freeplay) I'd be super interested. Looks like I'll have someone lined up in another 3 months or so as well (BKSOR). I'm actually taking the for sale sign off of it at the show now.

A new (to me) game for free(ish) every few months.

Love it.

#15 1 year ago

I need new magnets for the pinstadiums so I may just pull them out, they were used when installed so they don’t stick very well anymore.

613722EF-2D1D-4003-9509-8AEB84CD3FAE (resized).jpeg613722EF-2D1D-4003-9509-8AEB84CD3FAE (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #16 1 year ago

Temp trade with PoMC of Deadpool Pro for his Spiderman Vault was a dream. Traded back at the York show. 10/10 experience temp trading with POMC and would do again. Didn't even set Deadpool Pro back up before doing another temp trade of Deadpool Pro for RazorV23 s Iron Maiden Pro for a few months. Highly recommended way of keeping the lineup fresh.

20221015_121310 (resized).jpg20221015_121310 (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #17 1 year ago

Many thanks to RazorV23 for the Iron Maiden Deadpool Temp Trade. Got everything set back up in the basement. I just got Deadpool back after 6 months and I've got Weird Al coming in next weekend so I'm good at the moment, but if anyone is interested in temp trading for 3ish months in a month or so let me know what you've got and what you are interested in.

Also, others in the area interested in temp trading (not necessarily with me) post up what you have and what you are interested in. Great way to experience new pins for little to no cost other than some gas and back pain.

20221231_071145 (resized).jpg20221231_071145 (resized).jpg
    5 months later
    #18 10 months ago

Casually seeking another temporary trade. Especially interested in Batman 66, Swords of Fury, and South Park but hit me up with options if interested. Cant trade the p3 base but have weird al, Heist, and cosmic cart if you have lexi or drained for a module swap. Games in walkout basement with no steps in Crofton Maryland. Have had great temp trade experiences with 3 pinsiders now.

P3 -
    Bond Prem
    Elvira HOH
    STTNG
    Whirlwind
    Xenon

20230610_194434 (resized).jpg20230610_194434 (resized).jpg

#19 10 months ago

Also looking for a temp trade for my Iron Maiden Pro. Temp traded with @SantaEatsChesse last fall, had a great expericnce so thinking of trying it again. Looking for any modern pins. Located in Edgewater, easy first floor move out/in. See post #15 for pic of my Maiden (the pinstadiums have been removed and the speakers changed back to stock)

1 month later
    #20 8 months ago

Temporary Trades Sought: Crofton Maryland

Scared of letting your pin go in a "down market"? Want a new pin without having to be worried about getting hosed on a sale? Do a temporary trade!

Have for trade:
    Elvira's House Of Horrors
    Swords of Fury

Seeking- (for Elvira)
    Batman 66, Tron, Medieval Madness, Other Insider Connected Premiums (not Rush/Munsters)
    Nice South Park?
    Others?

Seeking- (for SOF)
    System 11 games: Black Knight 2000, Cyclone, Diner, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Jokerz, Taxi, Transporter, DE Simpsons,
    Terminator 2? Slugfest? Others?

Let me know what you got.

Length of time: 3ish months starting in about a week.

More details on temp trades and past experiences https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/temporary-pinball-trade-in-the-vadcwvpa-area#post-7627219

1 month later
    #21 7 months ago

Elvira I'd on its way out for a temporary trade with Nicholastree until mid January for his beautiful Monster Bash. Hit me up if you'd like to do a temporary trade too... could possibly temp trade at the York show otherwise I'm in Crofton Maryland.

20230915_173623 (resized).jpg20230915_173623 (resized).jpg
    #22 7 months ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Elvira I'd on its way out for a temporary trade with Nicholastree until mid January for his beautiful Monster Bash. Hit me up if you'd like to do a temporary trade too... could possibly temp trade at the York show otherwise I'm in Crofton Maryland.[quoted image]

And the monster bash was even nicer than advertised. Thanks nick!

20230916_160420 (resized).jpg20230916_160420 (resized).jpg
    #23 7 months ago

If your kids are like mine, they’ll love Monster Bash.

And I’m loving EHoH. Suck at it, lol, but it’s got a lot of character. I almost look forward to draining the last ball so it plays the “movie trailer.” So much fun… and perfect for Halloween.

3 months later
    #24 3 months ago

Quick update:
    Bringing EHoH back to SantaEatsCheese this Sunday and picking up our MBrSE.
    vikingerik is then getting the MB and we’re getting his TSPP for about three months.

#25 3 months ago

Anyone looking for a temp swap? I have these games for trading:

Led Zep Premium w/ alt translite
    James Bond Pro with new wireform VUK mod, alt translite, side blades
    Rush Pro with custom all metal ramps and new ramp that replaces the dead-end shot. (1 of 2 Rush Pros with this super mod) and Wizard mods skins
    Jurassic Park Pro - modded with alt translite, moving T-Rex, sideblades, shooter, Wizard mods skins
    Johnny Mnemonic - ColorDMD, shaker motor

#26 3 months ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Oh, man. I'd love to give that 007 pro a try. We've got an LE and the games are so different from each other - plus you've got the wireform VUK mod, which changes the game even more. Not ready to temp trade anything yet because of the temp trade this weekend. But I'm keeping this in mind. Your others, too. All good options for a three-month test drive.

#27 3 months ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone looking for a temp swap? I have these games for trading:
    Led Zep Premium w/ alt translite
    Rush Pro with custom all metal ramps and new ramp that replaces the dead-end shot. (1 of 2 Rush Pros with this super mod) and Wizard mods skins
    Jurassic Park Pro - modded with alt translite, moving T-Rex, sideblades, shooter, Wizard mods skins
    Johnny Mnemonic - ColorDMD, shaker motor

I'm open to temp trading my Star Wars pro in a few weeks once things calm back down.

2 months later
    #28 43 days ago

I had no idea this even existed, thanks for the link.

#29 43 days ago

Good morning all. Anyone interested in a temporary trade for my star wars premium? Would love to try out a foo fighters, venom or scooby doo. I'm in the northern VA area. I know these games are available at local arcades like ocelot, but I can't get my wife to go there with me to try them, so i thought I'd try a different approach.

#30 42 days ago

I didn't know this existed either but I'd love to get involved. I've done temp trading before and my game room involves no stairs. I don't have anything I'm itching to trade right now but depending on what's offered I could part with my Bond Premium with Scuba Kick mod for a little while.

Anyone crazy enough to temp trade their Lebowski?

#31 42 days ago
    Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I didn't know this existed either but I'd love to get involved. I've done temp trading before and my game room involves no stairs. I don't have anything I'm itching to trade right now but depending on what's offered I could part with my Bond Premium with Scuba Kick mod for a little while.

You interested in a Simpsons Pinball Party temp trade for the Bond? Mine is currently out on another temp trade until May, but at that time I could do this if you want.

#32 42 days ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

You interested in a Simpsons Pinball Party temp trade for the Bond? Mine is currently out on another temp trade until May, but at that time I could do this if you want.

It would be more appealing if you were closer. Roughly 9 hours round trip is not my idea of a good time.

#33 42 days ago
    Quoted from AssaultSuit:

It would be more appealing if you were closer. Roughly 9 hours round trip is not my idea of a good time.

I will be closer. I have plans to be in Rockville MD the first weekend of May (and in fact I'm picking up my TSPP on the way then.) Is that close enough for you to meet up? If not then I might be able to work it to come all the way to you. And I go to the DC area fairly often so I could work the return swap sometime around that too.

#34 42 days ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

I will be closer. I have plans to be in Rockville MD the first weekend of May (and in fact I'm picking up my TSPP on the way then.) Is that close enough for you to meet up? If not then I might be able to work it to come all the way to you. And I go to the DC area fairly often so I could work the return swap sometime around that too.

I mean no offense to you as it sounds like you have temp traded before and are trustworthy, but I’m not fully comfortable with my game being that far away in a place I’ve not seen in person when I’m not already familiar with the other party.

I would feel much more comfortable with doing a trade where each person makes a trip to the other’s place to assist in setting up and be confident that the game arrived in the same condition as when it left. In addition, if something unexpected were to happen leaving one party without an ability to return the borrowed game (injury, vehicle totaled in a collision, etc) I would want that distance to be more digestible, like 2 hours each way maximum.

#35 39 days ago

Anyone not too far away wanted to temp trade a Venom Premium/LE for a little while? I am not interested in the Pro.

I would be willing to trade our MBRLE for one for a bit

Just to be clear this is a temporary trade only. We in no way want to get rid of it.

#36 33 days ago

Revising my temp trade. Would now temp trade our MBRLE for one of the following:

This is in order of preference.

Jurassic Park Premium/LE
    Venom Premium/LE
    Jaws Premium/LE
    Black Knight Premium/LE
    Spider-Man Vault Edition
    X-Men LE
    Stargate
    NGG

Thanks

Greg

#37 33 days ago

I also have a Star Wars Premium I would be interested in a Temp trade for one of the following:

Foo Fighters Premium
    Jaws Premium
    Venom Premium
    Scooby Doo

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/temporary-pinball-trade-in-the-vadcwvpa-area and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.