(Topic ID: 279501)

Temporary Pinball Machine Trade Suggestions

By zermeno68

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

All,

I’m sure this topic has been talked here and there, but could not find a dedicated thread. If soo, please paste the link to allow myself to read up.

I’m looking to switch up my lineup and instead of selling a pin I am in talks to do a temporary trade.

Questions:
    From your experience what was:

1) Any “wish I would have done...” before the trade?

2) Do you suggest a signed binded contract with a witness in case down the road something sour happens to protect yourself?

3) Before the trade, what would you suggest to document before? Photos of condition, total plays, known issues, etc...

If you have a lesson learned that would be helpful as I like this option of a temporary trade without selling my machine, but allowing myself to play more machines.

#2 3 years ago

I've temporarily traded machines or held machines for friends, but only people I know well.

#3 3 years ago

I'd make sure to make clear, in some form, who is responsible for what as far as repairs/parts costs/maintenance goes

#4 3 years ago

Whats next?
    Trading wives?

#5 3 years ago

IF you have to have a contract then you shouldn’t be trading pins temporarily with that person. At least that’s my feelings.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Whats next?
    Trading wives?

Haha... That was already done in a Reality Show and saw how that went. Hey, games are games and given the price it takes to own one... Temporary Trade seems like a nice outlet to get variety.

Quoted from Pinballlew:

IF you have to have a contract then you shouldn’t be trading pins temporarily with that person. At least that’s my feelings.

You make a good point. Counter claim: I live in the desert and there is not a whole lot of pinheads near by. I've met a few, but given our city size of 26,000 ish of introverted engineers... Odds of finding more is slim.

Trying to think of another way of acquiring new games (to myself) without dropping/investing more money into pinballs.

Quoted from zacaj:

I'd make sure to make clear, in some form, who is responsible for what as far as repairs/parts costs/maintenance goes

This was the angle I was thinking of approaching. Time to consider, but I agree it would be a smooth process if I knew the person in advance.

#7 3 years ago

It’s always gone pretty well for me. Just set your ground rules on breakage and cleaning in advance, have a date where you’re gonna swap back, and remember hey, it’s only pinball.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/temporary-pinball-machine-trade-suggestions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.