IMG_0604 (resized).jpg
IMG_0610 (resized).jpg
glass (resized).jpg
20170103180513314 (resized).jpg
20170103180522797 (resized).jpg
Hand-slice-2012 (resized).jpg
well-that-escalated-jmg8n6 (resized).jpg
download (48) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 7 years ago

I have a funny story about non tempered glass on a pin. I was at Joystix for the first time ever. For those that don't know, Joystix sells games but twice a month you can pay to play the games from 9 till 2 in the morning. I was Playing a TOM and this gorgeous young thing with the sweetest set of girls you could imagine wanted to play the game. I asker her if she wanted to play doubles and she said OK. When it was her turn I just moved over to the next pin and pretended to watch her game when I was really enjoying the view of the girls. I guess I leaned too hard and the glass broke into a million daggers and I fell into the game. It cut the living shit out of my elbows and they were bleeding all over the game and myself. There of course was no way of NOT looking stupid after that. To make it worse the chick went and told on me. Charlie didn't know me at the time and gave me some bullshit about not charging me for the glass that I broke. I didn't say anything about the fact that the game should have had tempered glass and I could sue him for getting injured at his place. I just wrapped myself up and bled all the way home. But I can still remember the girls.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Hey that's great I'm sure she was thrilled to have a gross old dude staring at her tits (so thrilled that she immediately ratted you out when you broke the glass). It is so weird to me that you would objectify and creep out a young woman and think it is cool to brag about that? That's one of the saddest, most pathetic posts I've ever read on here. I feel bad for you.
If anyone ever wonders what women are talking about when they say they don't feel welcome here on Pinside or in the Pinball hobby in general, look no further than this post.

Well it was about 10 years ago and I was in better shape than most people 10 years or more younger. I could bench 350 and squat 450. It wasn't like I was standing there drooling over her and staring obviously at her tits either, we were carrying on a conversation. I was checking her out of course but I do have some tact. Its a funny story to most but if I remember correctly you are one of those Social Justice Warriors who just loves to get offended over a cause that doesn't concern him and that no one asked him to be so of course you wouldn't find it funny. As for now, I am just an old guy who needs to get back into the gym.

#43 7 years ago

How many of you have cats that sit on the head of you pin and jump down with a thunk. I'm thinking regular glass would shatter. I also think regular glass would shatter when a ball jumped up and hit it, say as in Whitwater. Crash

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Another year of Pez outrage/thread fucking Can't blame one for trying to get their beliefs across

His beliefs or someone else's. He and trunchbull are so busy taking up everyone else's issues as their own cause. Maybe they should stay in the transgender section where they can protect the vulnerables

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from canea:

The day boob-oogling became not okay on Pinside was the day Pinside died.

If boobies weren't meant to be ogled they would not be put into push up bras and left pretty much uncovered for all to see.

Women are like works of art. Look at them and enjoy their beauty with respect and awe.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Another risk of plate glass is slicing your hand when you remove it from the game. Those edges can be sharp!
Here is a picture from 2012. Luckily I did not feel it when it happened, but the plate glass from a WMS Magic Clock did the deed.

Marcus

Whaaaaa. Ya wiener

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 18.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tempered-glass-a-must?tu=zr11990 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.