7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Yesh23
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I'm getting ready to move my pinballs from one heated garage to another. Curious if 55 degrees would be a descent temp to keep the room at, then turn up the heat when playing?

#2 7 years ago

Constant temperature and humidity is best. It's all the fluctuations that cause problems.

#3 7 years ago

Concur 100% with FF. The 55 degree temp will be fine. Just try and do the move so that the temp fluctuation is at a minimum. In other words do it when it is as close to 55 out as possible which may be tough this time of year in Ft W.

G

#4 7 years ago

One big issue we have had with machines in cooler garage is breaking plastics. What people tend to forget is even when you warm the room temp up the inside of these machines (and all parts inside the machine) will stay cooler for hours (or even days). So if you are planning on storing machines in cooler garage that is likely OK but if you intend to play them during cooler weather be ready for some broken plastics & ramps.

#5 7 years ago

That's what I was afraid of (broken plastics/ etc.). Maybe I'll keep the room then at a constant temperature of 60 then.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/temperature-for-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.