Phantom of the Paradise - 4 (resized).jpg
riding_in_64_Malibu-RepoMan (resized).jpg
RepoMan-cop-whatsinthetrunk (resized).jpg
movie_poster-RepoMan-1984 (resized).jpg
worst-election-ever-542x376 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
ted_avatar_2 (resized).jpg
logo (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pecos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I see Pinsider's avatars and often wonder what they mean. So, please tell us, if you are so inclined, what your avatar(s) mean. If there is a backstory, I would love to hear it.

For those who must, since I know that it will happen anyway, post a pic of your Stern 'James Cameron’s Avatar.' Some of us will appreciate the humour.

I'll start with my avatars:

This is my favorite. This is a Round-Tailed Ground Squirrel baby who posed for me on my garden hose. The garden hose is bigger than she is and that branch of seeds on the Bermuda grass looks like a palm tree in this close-up picture! This was taken with a Fujica 35 MM camera.

baby_ground_squirrel_540x480 (resized).jpgbaby_ground_squirrel_540x480 (resized).jpg

baby_ground_squirrel_hose_lg (resized).jpgbaby_ground_squirrel_hose_lg (resized).jpg

This is Pecos. I got him as a pet in college and was the best pet I have ever had. The picture was taken by a neighbor using a 35 MM camera. I write up his many shenanigans here:

http://pecos-softwareworks.com/pecos.shtml

ground_squirrel_pecos (resized).jpgground_squirrel_pecos (resized).jpg

This is Theodore. He is a Round-Tailed Ground Squirrel born in the wild. He lost his mother and was raised from a tiny baby with his eyes closed by a local Tucsonan. If you know anything about baby rodents, then you will know that babies that small don't usually make it. I just saw Theodore a few months ago and it was a real treat to see him close-up and personal and to hold him.

avatar_theodore (resized).jpgavatar_theodore (resized).jpg

DSCF3003 (resized).JPGDSCF3003 (resized).JPG

This is a close-up of part of the playfield on Double-Up. I think it is so very amusing since Christian Marche has so very wonderfully caught the expression on the face of this motorcyclist, as he hangs on for dear life with his attractive passenger's fingers all over his face.

crazed_face_freaked_guy (resized).jpgcrazed_face_freaked_guy (resized).jpg

ride_of_his_life (resized).jpgride_of_his_life (resized).jpg

And finally, there have been OXO and XOX avatars. RyanClaytor made the XOX image for me. Thanks Ryan! OXO is my favorite pinball. XOX is a pinball that I have designed in homage to those to designed and built OXO.

oxo_flash_1a_avatar (resized).jpgoxo_flash_1a_avatar (resized).jpg

XOX_lg (resized).jpgXOX_lg (resized).jpg

There is an article to go with these two avatars too:

http://www.pecospinball.com/OXO_and_XOX.shtml

Here are a few that I plan to use as my avatar in the future:

This is a baby porcupine from Africa. He was so cute, he would follow us wherever we went. When I sat down to take a closer pic, he started chewing on my tennis shoe!

DSCF3020 (resized).JPGDSCF3020 (resized).JPG

Here we have the largest rodent in the world. The Capybara lives in South Central America and South America. For such a large animal, she was shy the day we visited.

DSCF3012 (resized).JPGDSCF3012 (resized).JPG

The Mexican Scarlet Macaw is rare. It is estimated that there are only about 250 living in Mexico.

DSCF3026 (resized).JPGDSCF3026 (resized).JPG

Can you tell that I love pinball and animals?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pecos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tell-us-about-your-avatars?tu=pecos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.