Phantom of the Paradise - 4 (resized).jpg
riding_in_64_Malibu-RepoMan (resized).jpg
RepoMan-cop-whatsinthetrunk (resized).jpg
movie_poster-RepoMan-1984 (resized).jpg
worst-election-ever-542x376 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
ted_avatar_2 (resized).jpg
logo (resized).jpg
There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago

Roger Dean artwork from Yessongs.

#102 6 years ago

The Buffalo Sabres decided to change their logo in 2006, and my avatar is a fan submission that didn't make the cut. I changed the colors to red & orange, you know, to represent chicken wings! Even though I moved away after college, the logo still symbolizes my love for all things Buffalo.

I could change it to a million other things, but I find it annoying when people change their logos. I mostly notice people by their avatars, not their pinside handle. So I've never changed it. Plus I think it catches your eye.

Let's go BUFFALO!

logo (resized).jpglogo (resized).jpg

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I enjoy beauty.

Bring back the smoking baby Art! That was my favorite avatar. Also my avatar would be the fiend skull but gryszzz has it

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Mine comes from this: http://massivedynamic.com
(remember the TV series "Fringe")
As a rogue scientist, I can identify myself with Walter Bishop, except I do not have a cow in my lab. Yet.

Super cool! I love this series... Got the complete blu ray collection myself!

#105 6 years ago

True story:
Years ago when we were asked to create an avatar, I wasn't familiar with the term. (wasn't familiar with the term Key Fob either)!
Anyway, when the movie came out and they asked for an Avatar, I thought they wanted everyone to make up a version of themselves from Avatar. So I did that.
My new avatar is just my feelings in a few of these Threads!

ted_avatar_2 (resized).jpgted_avatar_2 (resized).jpg

#106 6 years ago

I'm the goofy one on the right. Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

#107 6 years ago

First pin I ever bought. Still have a special place in my heart for Strange Science even though it's cheesy. Gameplay is fun, neon topper is special, and the hand drawn Greg Freres artwork is great.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Bring back the smoking baby Art! That was my favorite avatar. Also my avatar would be the fiend skull but gryszzz has it

You can always use a variation...

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

You can always use a variation...

Could but the classic is best. I like changing mine up anyways.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

I'm a big Milwaukee Brewers fan and the ball and glove logo is the best logo in sports. Some may not be aware but the logo, although intended to look like a ball and glove, also features a lowercase "m" and "b" for Milwaukee Brewers.

I live in Milwaukee and have been attending brewers games since I can remember. I think I was 20 before I figured out the glove was also an M and B!

#111 6 years ago

worst-election-ever-542x376 (resized).jpgworst-election-ever-542x376 (resized).jpg

#112 6 years ago

<blockquote cite="#4024429"
Let's go BUFFALO!

Ha, I always thought it was a pumpkin carving of the sabre because of the colors.

#113 6 years ago

My current one is grumpy cat inside a dalek body, both have seemingly similar demeanour's but both are just misunderstood.....bit like clowns really Pennywise has a lot to answer for

#114 6 years ago

Mine is "The Arsonist" by Clive Barker.

One of my favorite pieces that i got a cheap print of many years ago. Now that i have a bit more disposable income, i would love a larger, nicer print, but they are fairly hard to come by now.

I've used it as a primary avatar on various sites for as long as i can remember. Although, now I'm pretty sure pinside is the only remaining site I'm on that even needs an avatar any more.

#115 6 years ago

My current avatar is of the alien powered 64 Chevy Malibu from one of my favorite movies, Repo Man, 1984.
It's 4 am, do you know where your car is?
movie_poster-RepoMan-1984 (resized).jpgmovie_poster-RepoMan-1984 (resized).jpg
RepoMan-cop-whatsinthetrunk (resized).jpgRepoMan-cop-whatsinthetrunk (resized).jpg
riding_in_64_Malibu-RepoMan (resized).jpgriding_in_64_Malibu-RepoMan (resized).jpg

I would enjoy playing a Repo Man pinball machine, as long as there are no aliens inside the main cabinet.

#116 6 years ago

I was born and raised in Cincinnati. Moved to Indianapolis for college and have stayed ever since. I love IPAs.

My avatar is a special collaboration IPA between Sun King in Indianapolis and Rhinegeist in Cincinnati called Emergency Hop Kit. Man it was a good brew!

#117 6 years ago

The obvious Atari logo wearing "Maverick" era aviators with the cockpit window from the Millenium Falcom in the background, just something I whipped up, for this site, in photo shop. Some of the things I enjoyed most from days gone by.

#118 6 years ago

First pin I ever remember playing and the first pin I ever bought!!!!

#119 6 years ago

Mine's the Phantom of the Paradise! Probably my favorite movie.

Phantom of the Paradise - 4 (resized).jpgPhantom of the Paradise - 4 (resized).jpg

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Mine is from the movie The Dark Crystal.
It reminds me to always keep my spirit up when I know I'm right and everyone else thinks I'm wrong.

Actually, your avatar of the kid on the giant dog is from The Neverending Story, a classic kids film

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Actually, your avatar of the kid on the giant dog is from The Neverending Story, a classic kids film

You need to read all the posts

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I threw in a picture of my other son, Elias, age 2 in this picture and still age 2 now, enjoying playing an arcade game since Ben shows up way more often.

With that haircut and the lights illuminating his face he kind of looks like the kid from “Close Encounters” movie poster!

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Filthy sword trick area from pinball magic I was shopping at the time.
I don't believe in changing avatars so I guess this will be it forever.

I have always liked your avatar because for the first 6 months or so I was on pinside I thought it was a happy face sticking its tongue out at everyone.

Then I realized the “eyes” are hardware. Still looks like a face to me though!

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

With that haircut and the lights illuminating his face he kind of looks like the kid from “Close Encounters” movie poster!

Nice! Never even thought about that. He's pod racing, and I always thought he looked a lot like young Anakin.

#126 6 years ago

My friend works at Lucasfilm and got me a worn-in-the-film Stormtrooper helmet. I used to keep it at my desk. I used to put it on while working once in a while just to screw around and my coworker would always laugh to see me working on reports with the helmet on, so she took a picture of it and captioned it with "I'm a professional" and sent it. So there it is.

#127 6 years ago

Looking forward to Aurich explaining if he has a bra on his head a la “Weird Science” or if it is a kerchief or babushka or what?

#128 6 years ago

Big fan of “Bill the Cat”!

ACK! THBBFT!

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Looking forward to aurich explaining if he has a bra on his head a la “Weird Science” or if it is a kerchief or babushka or what?

Day of the Dead

#130 6 years ago

Ironman Logo. Changed to this avatar when I completed it in 2013. Good thing for pinball podcasts....helped me get through many long training runs and indoor rides on the trainer.

Ironman-logo-172x189 (resized).jpgIronman-logo-172x189 (resized).jpg

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I have always liked your avatar because for the first 6 months or so I was on pinside I thought it was a happy face sticking its tongue out at everyone.

Wow, it makes me feel so much better that I'm not the only person to think this. I thought i was crazy for a bit.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Schmoe:

Not my first choice. Apparently my option #1 (at the bottom) is too small.

Right click the picture and picking "search google for image" pulls up a few larger versions. eg. https://dekennisvannu.nl/thumbs/i/3000/mod_media_image/3130.w1200.r16-9.7d32982.jpg

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Speaking of which....is there any way to see just the avatars of all Pinside members all at once and scroll through them? I want to do one for myself but I don't want to copy what someone else may already have.
Thanks
John

Anyone??

#135 6 years ago

*looks at handle*
*looks at avatar*
*shrugs*

Yeah, kinda went full-on with the theme, there.

Maybe I'll broaden my avvie horizons one day...but not today.

#136 6 years ago

Looks like the image urls are random so unless there's a magic page somewhere with them all, no.

https://i2.pinside.com/3/04/304e0c704287d038f90a23356775c32265d71921/squared/thumb/304e0c704287d038f90a23356775c32265d71921.jpg

#137 6 years ago

My other hobby is collecting old prints. This is one of my college from about 1580.

#138 6 years ago

From one of my 1,270+ skydives. Sometimes I like to use this one of me about to jump out of the plane but when it’s small it just looks like a storm trooper.

48C22920-3709-49A5-B992-7736F2F40063 (resized).jpeg48C22920-3709-49A5-B992-7736F2F40063 (resized).jpeg

#139 6 years ago

A few years ago I was driving home after work one day and saw something frantically jumping (and failing) to get over a three foot high concrete barrier that separated a state highway from a sidewalk. There was no more than one foot of space between the car tires wizzing by at 50 mph and the base of the barrier. It was a little kitten no more than one pound soaking wet and was one of the most pitiful things I've ever seen. After stopping in traffic and a getten bitten by some of the sharpest teeth my fingers have felt, I am now the owner of a cat, Wendy (if anyone ever told me I would have a cat at the age of 35, I would have said you're crazy). She is the most affectionate little thing and she stole my heart. She also likes to chase the pinballs under the glass when I play and knows that they always come out of the shooter lane.

Here is a pic of her with my dog Ernie.

IMG_72561 (resized).pngIMG_72561 (resized).png

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

From one of my 1,270+ skydives. Sometimes I like to use this one of me about to jump out of the plane but when it’s small it just looks like a storm trooper.

I miss my skydiving days....

Lucky to live in the skydiving state

coached12.jpgcoached12.jpg

#141 6 years ago

Just me from back in the day when I ran a social media website.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I think it was RareHero who drew -exactly- what I always imagine TheLaw's avatar to be. Anyone have that handy?

#143 6 years ago

Newcastle United of the English Premiere League.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

I think it was RareHero who drew -exactly- what I always imagine TheLaw's avatar to be. Anyone have that handy?

Whaaa?

#145 6 years ago

There is no Avatar for the elusive,Hawkmoon!! He moves silently,invisibly,blending into his surroundings unnoticed! watching,listening for the rumble of discontent to arrouse his senses!He is the one unseen who you thought was there a second ago,but,no,just a wisp of something you can't quite explain!!!Peace and equality!!Ordered to take human life by his Government,now throws off any authority other than the one dictated by him!!

#146 6 years ago

Monster fighting Carl Kolchak!

#147 6 years ago

Me, my old gf and my Mustang back in 1989. I defocused the background using PhotoShop in the first picture. The second picture was taken about a minute later.

Me and Lori 1989 (resized).jpgMe and Lori 1989 (resized).jpg

Mustang, me, Lori 1989 (resized).jpgMustang, me, Lori 1989 (resized).jpg

#148 6 years ago

I dont know why i picked mine.
Any guess on which game its from?
Hint, back glass has big tits.
My name...well you cant change it now, but at the time it was all i could think of. My name is Eric, and im a pinball fan.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I dont know why i picked mine.
Any guess on which game its from?
Hint, back glass has big tits.
My name...well you cant change it now, but at the time it was all i could think of. My name is Eric, and im a pinball fan.

What’s that Bally one about trucks — truck stop?

I’m another pinsider who never looked closely at TheLaw s avatar and always thought it was a face of some sort LOL — did most people think that??

Mine— was helping my friend move his pins and saw this — thought it would make a cool avatar. I’m sure a number of people know the game. Prior to that had the Escher sketch with looking in a large pinballish ball bearing.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

What’s that Bally one about trucks — truck stop?
I’m another pinsider who never looked closely at thelaw s avatar and always thought it was a face of some sort LOL — did most people think that??
Mine— was helping my friend move his pins and saw this — thought it would make a cool avatar. I’m sure a number of people know the game. Prior to that had the Escher sketch with looking in a large pinballish ball bearing.

Winner- Great game! The Bally/Williams Merge. Defining moment for the future of DMD games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tell-us-about-your-avatars/page/3?hl=vglohaus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.