Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by zr11990
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

They leave and there is a huge hole left behind

A huge hole of free time and budgetary room!

I honestly don't know how I'll feel when mine move out, but with a 17 year old and a 13 year old.....man I am so excited that the older one is finally taking an interest in college. Both because I'd like to have my own life at some point that isn't chained to every whim of a child, but also because I honestly figured he'd just given up on school, which would be pretty tragic. I never went to college, and my life's been a brawl for survival against debt and time. I've been in a decent place for a few years now, but it would've been so much easier if I'd been able to hack college.....unfortunately my parents never really put me in a good position to do that (pulled me out of public school after 9th grade and put me in a real shit situation, plus I basically lived by myself 90% of the time after my parents divorced) and the realities of life came sooner than later with my dad kicking the bucket when I was 21.

Be proud you didn't make those mistakes, and put him out on the right path, man. It's no minor accomplishment on your part. It's his turn to take the reins and decide what he wants to do with his life, and it sounds like he's making the right choices.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tell-me-im-being-stupid?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.