Tell me how to play Road Kings....

By LOTR_breath

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Our league finals are next Tuesday and Road Kings will probably be selected as one of the games. Can someone who owns one give me a quick tutorial on the best way to score on Road Kings? I read the playing section in the manual, but I can't find a rule sheet or even a decent game play video. Thanks!

#3 9 years ago

Shoot the flashing shot.

Try to keep the ball alive.

When you get multiball, try to hit jackpots.

That's all I got.

#4 9 years ago

It's been a few years since I had this, but I believe you have to complete target banks first to get the locks ready, but after, more or less lock, then cash under the ramp (or does it go up?) for the jackpot.

I recall it was uber simple in rules, but I still enjoyed the game as a whole.

#5 9 years ago

Completing the road standups on the left and the kings standups on the right light a lock. You can also spot a letter in roadkings by making the right ramp ( i forget if the center ramp does too). Lock both balls to start multiball. During multiball, shoot for the locks. There are three locks available. Making the right ramp, a saucer at the top left and a saucer to the right of the center ramp entrance. After first ball is locked, timer counts down and try to lock second ball before it times out for jackpot. I believe this is accurate.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for the replies.

#7 9 years ago

I think your safe on this one. I know what he is picking but I better no say.

#8 9 years ago

Ha! I figured Road Kings and Party Zone! He did say, however, that he would pick Genie if I got it fixed. Well, it's fixed!

#9 9 years ago

Come on man that is one simple game.

Spend an hour in it you'll know how to play it.

You'll never win in league play without practice anyway you can't read a couple notes and expect to be prepared.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on man that is one simple game.
Spend an hour in it you'll know how to play it.
You'll never win in league play without practice anyway you can't read a couple notes and expect to be prepared.

Just looking for a little insight from players who have played it a bunch. Thanks for yours....

#11 9 years ago

As already stated, multiball is similar to Mousin Around -- standup letter targets to qualify locks, etc.

I think the bottom part of this card re: multiball and 2x scoring is all you really need to know. Because... double scoring.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1970&picno=34176

I've only played it a small bit, but it was also at a tournament anyhow.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just looking for a little insight from players who have played it a bunch. Thanks for yours....

My "insight" is the best you'll get this thread - practice.

I play in a league on one of the best teams, and the fact of the matter is there is absolutely no substitute for practice. Reading up on rule sheets or getting advice simply doesn't cut it.

If you show up the day of a match and play the game 5 times, and are matched up with a player anywhere near your skill level who actually knows the game, you are gonna lose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tell-me-how-to-play-road-kings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.