11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3800.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, I have a Wheel of Fortune, haven't even lifted the head yet. What do I need to know rules wise? This game takes a lot of crap for having incomplete software, but from videos I've seen there is a lot more to it than it looks.
For example, you actually play and accumulate point per Game Show contestant. You can select which contestant solves the puzzle thereby accumulating their points and prizes like extra balls, multiball etc.
Apparently, spelling bonus is the way to go as well.
Any WoF experts want to chime in with strategy or advanced ways to play this game?

For points, it is all about stacking BONUS and a multiball. Always hit a drop at the start of the ball to light free spins. If you have a multiball on the horizon, don't knock down all 3 because a drop target hit is a super easy jackpot in multiball. Multiplier can be big as well. Once you have solved a couple puzzles, getting a 10x bonus from a Wild Card award can be huge. Don't get too attached to solving all the puzzles and doing all the bonus modes to get to a wizard mode, cause there is nothing there, you just start over.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

I guess this begs the question: Why hasn't Stern finished the code? They have had plenty of time to do so. Perhaps someone from Stern would like to reply to this? (Yeah. Like that's going to happen.)

It costs money to finish. There is no incentive now as the game is out of production. It was not a great selling pin that was sold at blow out prices to get rid of them in the first place. Not saying that someone else couldn't do it, but Keith is not there to finish the code anymore. It's a shame because the game is a neat deviation from the norm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
5,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tell-me-about-wheel-of-fortune?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.