11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3800.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

So, I have a Wheel Of Fortune, haven't even lifted the head yet. What do I need to know rules wise? This game takes a lot of crap for having incomplete software, but from videos I've seen there is a lot more to it than it looks.

For example, you actually play and accumulate point per game show contestant. You can select which contestant solves the puzzle thereby accumulating their points and prizes like extra balls, multiball etc.

Apparently, spelling bonus is the way to go as well.

Any WoF experts want to chime in with strategy or advanced ways to play this game?

#5 11 years ago

HAHA, screw that. The more I read about this game, the more it seems like there is a LOT more to it than it seems. There seems to be lots of tidbits of info scattered around, but not all in one place.

You know where I live, it's on free play

Quoted from bemmett:

I'd give up on the POS and sell it dirt cheap to someone in Colorado(northern Colorado preferably).

#21 11 years ago

I had enough time last night to raise the head, and play the obligatory 3 or 4 games that never finished because I had to tweak something.

Tons of different strategies it seems, stacking looks like the way to go. I'm not sure how I feel about the mode you start being random. It's different, and I think in this game it works, but I'm not sure I'd want all my games like that.

Thanks for this info. The wheel would spin, I hit the contestants and I was frustrated that I wasn't "getting credit" for it. At least I was getting the points, even if I wasn't advancing the puzzle.

Quoted from Buckaroo65:

nother little known trick to get points is that while the wheel is still spinning after hitting a contestant, a shot to any contestant will score the value of the last wheel hit.

#29 11 years ago

Does the multiball tally just not display correctly but award corretly? Or, does it not award correctly at all?

Quoted from Rarehero:

no one would have known the game was unfinished (aside from the EB sounds & Multiball tally)

Yup, not yet. Probably not anytime soon I haven't really started playing it. Give me the heads up next time you're around, we'll play.

Quoted from bemmett:

Sounds like you are probably burned out on it now. Time to pass it along to another, preferably in state.

#32 11 years ago

Okay. Not so bad, but annoying. It would be pretty unacceptable if you didn't get points for the play.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, it racks up your points as you play - but then when it's over it just shows "Nashville Multiball 00"

#37 11 years ago

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quoted from Pinmeister:

Why hasn't Stern finished the code?

#42 11 years ago

Doesn't mean the man doesn't take pride in his work. It's still his name on the game. I'm not sure if he wants to finish it or not, or if he is even able to or not.

Quoted from bmunn1:

That and the fact that Keith works for the competition.

#44 11 years ago

With all the new programmers they have on staff (is this accurate?), this could be an excellent project for them to learn on. And, if they jack it up, we will always have version 5.0.

Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I work for a development company and have programmers come and go. Anybody could have picked up this code with the source and finished it at Stern. Heck, they still can.

#46 11 years ago

I've been trying to buy a WoF for over a year. Made some very generous offers a year ago for more than I paid for this one to a couple very good nationally ranked players. They refused to sell. Even contacted one a couple months ago, he said he plays it almost every night. "The players" are playing this game, there must be something good about it.

Quoted from edwinpblue:

I try not to listen to the pinball snobs.

#56 11 years ago

I think $2.5K is tough for a very nice or HUO game. This game is strange, in the last month I've seen 2 or 3 HUO's for $3K, but a year before that I don't think I've seen a single one.

So, I want to say it's worth $3K, but who knows when the next one is going to pop up, so maybe more.

Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I would think $2500-$3200 would be a fair price for lightly routed-HUO.

#57 11 years ago

Mr. Pinball says there were 2,000 made. Which number is right, 1k it 2k?

#59 11 years ago

I'm just talking out of my ass on this, but maybe AC/DC legitimized this game a bit. Before AC/DC, Stern games and most pinball games are very heavily dependent on objectives and wizard modes. That's why this game gets panned. It is horrible that there are inserts on the play field that never light up. You will never get to the wizard mode.

With AC/DC, they did eventually include a wizard mode, but like this game, most people won't get there anyway. That is because you are playing for points, not objectives.

AC/DC brought points and scoring back into the spotlight. Maybe that helps with a game like this.

Quoted from pinnaf:

i had a HUO one a while ago. i tired of it. Its one of the pretiest games however (if that counts). and went to sell it. MAN I GOT ALL BEAT UP.. Can tell you that you will really have to wait for the "right" buyer to get decent/fair money for it. Mine was mint and people just tore the thing to shreds. A lot of low-ball offers, pinballer types wanting to buy it with the lines ;" ehhh that game , it kinda sucks i can only pay.... yada yada." I waited a long time and finally sold it to a guy that appreciated it and I felt very lucky to break even on it. Just my experience with the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tell-me-about-wheel-of-fortune?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.