11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3800.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gearheaddropping.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 11 years ago

Great game. Definitely a game I will own again one day. It was a huge hit with guests.

I sold mine to make room for a POTC.

It was destroyed by RGP'rs because of the theme.

My daughter below still talks about it all of the time.

IMG_3800.JPGIMG_3800.JPG

#33 11 years ago

The other major bug that came up in regular play was that there was no Extra Ball sound. If you didn't notice it on the DMD or through the lit insert, you had no idea. At the time, these bugs were huge, but when compared to the current Stern's, they would be extremely minor.

I am pretty sure Keith played guitar on most of the multiball songs as well.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

I guess this begs the question: Why hasn't Stern finished the code? They have had plenty of time to do so. Perhaps someone from Stern would like to reply to this? (Yeah. Like that's going to happen.)

Probably because the game really didn't sell well.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Keith was the programmer of WOF. He was laid off. End of story...that's the reason.

I work for a development company and have programmers come and go. Anybody could have picked up this code with the source and finished it at Stern. Heck, they still can.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

I agree with you, although I do like many of the 90's A-list titles too. I just think some of the Stern titles from 2000-2009 are underrated. They are fun games, hold up relatively well, and have some unique themes. You can also get them for half of what new titles are going for.
I haven't had much time with TRS, but BBH is a fine game and Avatar is really good. WOF, Sopranos, WPT are also titles I'd pick up if they were available.

WPT is a phenomenal game IMHO. It was another favorite at our household. I sold that one to make room for WOZ. That space has been open in the gameroom for awhile now....

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What's a fair value for a clean and nice WOF?

You could get them NIB after Stern blew them out for right around $2500 around four years ago.

I would think $2500-$3200 would be a fair price for lightly routed-HUO.

#60 11 years ago

I have said it before and I will say it again, the WOF theme had everything to do with killing the game. The nerdy superhero-loving pinball crowd crucified this game before it ever had a chance IMHO. If the game would have been re-themed to Monty Python or involved the killing of zombies Stern would have sold 6k units....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

5,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gearheaddropping.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tell-me-about-wheel-of-fortune?tu=gearheaddropping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.