A few of my strategies:
- Always go for the free spin drop target when available - those become invaluable as wide open as the outlanes are. Learn how to nudge to keep the ball from getting over to the outlanes in the first place!
- Learn when / when not to flip. I can't count the number of times I've slapped myself in the forehead as the ball bounces off the center post and underneath the flipper.
- When the left inlane is lit for Super Bumpers, send the ball up the right orbit into the bumpers. They increase in value with each hit and that can really start adding up.
- Try to focus on one contestant per round to maximize score. Tough to hit a specific person from that distance and especially not easy to do with Lonnie as he can only be hit with the right flipper (or a well placed ricochet from the left). Of course, if somebody gets an extra ball or trip in their prize bank, I say forget the points and try to collect that instead.
- The multiballs can be stacked - I believe some of the bonus modes can be going on at the same time too.
That being said, these well thought out plans usually don't do me any good as this game kicks my ass like no other. I'm a pretty decent player but after a game or two I want to throw it off the f**king roof! Don't get me wrong, I love its crazy lower playfield and all the shaking and nudging that goes along with it, but man this game has my number.