11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3800.JPG
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I try not to listen to the pinball snobs. I love my TRS and would love to play a wof. maybe I'm partial to the lights, sounds and art of the newer sterns because I will play TRS, Avatar and BBH over any of the 90's titles that are A listers. except for Addams Family. I know I'm in the minority but I just don't get AFM, MM and TZ...

I agree with you, although I do like many of the 90's A-list titles too. I just think some of the Stern titles from 2000-2009 are underrated. They are fun games, hold up relatively well, and have some unique themes. You can also get them for half of what new titles are going for.

I haven't had much time with TRS, but BBH is a fine game and Avatar is really good. WOF, Sopranos, WPT are also titles I'd pick up if they were available.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

I agree with you, although I do like many of the 90's A-list titles too. I just think some of the Stern titles from 2000-2009 are underrated. They are fun games, hold up relatively well, and have some unique themes. You can also get them for half of what new titles are going for.
I haven't had much time with TRS, but BBH is a fine game and Avatar is really good. WOF, Sopranos, WPT are also titles I'd pick up if they were available.

WPT is a phenomenal game IMHO. It was another favorite at our household. I sold that one to make room for WOZ. That space has been open in the gameroom for awhile now....

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What's a fair value for a clean and nice WOF?

To late the price has just gone up

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

To late the price has just gone up

Isn't that always the case
Oh well my buddy grabbed the local one for sale
So I guess it's worth what he paid

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You could get them NIB after Stern blew them out for right around $2500 around four years ago.

I would think $2500-$3200 would be a fair price for lightly routed-HUO.

#56 11 years ago

I think $2.5K is tough for a very nice or HUO game. This game is strange, in the last month I've seen 2 or 3 HUO's for $3K, but a year before that I don't think I've seen a single one.

So, I want to say it's worth $3K, but who knows when the next one is going to pop up, so maybe more.

Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I would think $2500-$3200 would be a fair price for lightly routed-HUO.

#57 11 years ago

Mr. Pinball says there were 2,000 made. Which number is right, 1k it 2k?

#58 11 years ago

i had a HUO one a while ago. i tired of it. Its one of the pretiest games however (if that counts). and went to sell it. MAN I GOT ALL BEAT UP.. Can tell you that you will really have to wait for the "right" buyer to get decent/fair money for it. Mine was mint and people just tore the thing to shreds. A lot of low-ball offers, pinballer types wanting to buy it with the lines ;" ehhh that game , it kinda sucks i can only pay.... yada yada." I waited a long time and finally sold it to a guy that appreciated it and I felt very lucky to break even on it. Just my experience with the game.

#59 11 years ago

I'm just talking out of my ass on this, but maybe AC/DC legitimized this game a bit. Before AC/DC, Stern games and most pinball games are very heavily dependent on objectives and wizard modes. That's why this game gets panned. It is horrible that there are inserts on the play field that never light up. You will never get to the wizard mode.

With AC/DC, they did eventually include a wizard mode, but like this game, most people won't get there anyway. That is because you are playing for points, not objectives.

AC/DC brought points and scoring back into the spotlight. Maybe that helps with a game like this.

Quoted from pinnaf:

i had a HUO one a while ago. i tired of it. Its one of the pretiest games however (if that counts). and went to sell it. MAN I GOT ALL BEAT UP.. Can tell you that you will really have to wait for the "right" buyer to get decent/fair money for it. Mine was mint and people just tore the thing to shreds. A lot of low-ball offers, pinballer types wanting to buy it with the lines ;" ehhh that game , it kinda sucks i can only pay.... yada yada." I waited a long time and finally sold it to a guy that appreciated it and I felt very lucky to break even on it. Just my experience with the game.

#60 11 years ago

I have said it before and I will say it again, the WOF theme had everything to do with killing the game. The nerdy superhero-loving pinball crowd crucified this game before it ever had a chance IMHO. If the game would have been re-themed to Monty Python or involved the killing of zombies Stern would have sold 6k units....

#61 11 years ago

I have said it before and I will say it again, the WOF theme had everything to do with killing the game. The nerdy superhero-loving pinball crowd crucified this game before it ever had a chance IMHO. If the game would have been re-themed to Monty Python or involved the killing of zombies Stern would have sold 6k units....

Agreed.... The weird thing is that I bought it because the NIB price was too good to pass up. Once I started playing it, the WoF theme works perfect, it is like you are playing a game within a game. A very cerebral vibe to it, that makes it really enjoyable and diversifies the lineup quite a bit.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Agreed.... The weird thing is that I bought it because the NIB price was too good to pass up. Once I started playing it, the WoF theme works perfect, it is like you are playing a game within a game. A very cerebral vibe to it, that makes it really enjoyable and diversifies the lineup quite a bit.

Ditto! I bought mine for the same reason. Fell in love with it. Like someone said earlier it is a beautiful game. Totally unique! A melding of new and old style with amazing rules that intuitively fit the theme.

#63 11 years ago

I have said it before and I will say it again, the WOF theme had everything to do with killing the game.

When I first heard about the game, I hated it already. Saw it for the first time at an arcade in a theater and thought 'Well, let's get this over with.' Three games in and I enjoyed it. Found another one at a nearby bowling alley and played some more. Then I found myself acting defensive when my friends made fun of it. Crap! I must be in love!

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I scored my clean, routed and shopped WOF with LEDs for $2300 last year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tell-me-about-wheel-of-fortune/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.