(Topic ID: 256325)

Tell me about tankless water heaters; good for a 3 season cabin?

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Oaken
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hot-water-circulation-timer-10 (resized).jpg
    595926-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2839 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Subject says it all.
    Our 3 season cabin is in need of a new water heater next spring.
    We have had a 40gal tank traditional natural gas heater.
    Problem is that since this is a 3 season cabin (we blow out the pipes and dont heat during the winter) the tank does not last more than 7/8 years due to this wear/tear.
    So, what do you say pinsiders?
    Is a tankless a good option for me?
    How easy to blow it out during the fall cabin closure?
    We are on natural spring water from the deep sand well which is not very hard and does not leave many deposits.
    Also worth note that the 40gal takes up too much damn room in the pump house.
    Cabin is ~750sqft and we use it primarily as an airbnb during summer months. One point of feedback is that people would like more hot water (cause you come in at end of the day and EVERYONE showers in succession before heading to the supper club)

We don’t have a tankless yet at our cabin... but the cabins on both side of us do. One is a widow and she goes to Florida every winter and seems to manage the winterization, so I’m guessing it can’t be too difficult. I wouldn’t think twice about it if were you. I hear nothing but positive things about the gas ones also... unfortunately we have an electric tank heater currently so we’ll take a bit more work to put a gas one in when this one fails.

Also, IMHO, if you can get any traditional tank heater to last 10 years these day you’ve pulled off quite a feat... they’re all crap!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tell-me-about-tankless-water-heaters-good-for-a-3-season-cabin?tu=pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.