1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by John_in_NC
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

1992 is when i got my first pin Xenon for$500 from Two Bit Arcade in Austin

dunno if I over paid but it was well worth it

The thing i remember most is the lack of public info you had RGP and i didnt know anyone in the hobby,

Its much better now

--Jeff

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

In 2000s, people bought used pinballs like candy. Shipping was around $200 and additional games cost $50 each.

And that was Door to Door service with Dennis Dodel or Kevin ("Jack Rabbit"). No muss, no fuss. Didn't worry if they knew how to care for your fame because they were collectors themselves.

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

I had a little scare when Lord Howard Hurtz said his famous line for the first time (that gets beeped) and my wife gave me the look that said I might have to sell this one. Thank the WMS programmers for putting a family mode on that one or it would have been gone.

The unbleeped version is a hacked ROM. Nothing to do with family mode from Williams.

LTG : )

#54 1 year ago

I started in 2000....deals were plentiful and at that time a little diligence on craigslist would yield results as the competition to purchase was non existent. Early SS games were in the $200 to $400 range...Non A title DMDS $800 to $1200....A titles were $2500. I remember passing on a MB at $3k because I thought that was ridiculous. I bought a SS for $1900, a CFTBL for $1600, STTNG for $1500. I bought a T2 for $200, a BSD for $800, a TFTC for $600 and the list goes on. Definitely a different hobby now so I mostly stand pat with what I have.

#55 1 year ago

All great stories, thank you!

I find it especially cool if you got a great deal on a great game back in the day that you still have in your collection.
Trophy of a great win and memory of a different time.

#56 1 year ago

NOB safecracker $400 (including shipping to my door)
$800 MM
$500 creature BL shopped
$500 Jurassic park
$500 drwho
$250 Judge dredd
$400 T2
$400 AFM
$500 getaway
$400 Cirquis V
$370 Star trek NG (had to buy all 4)
$1500 sacred stiff (that game was never cheap)
$1500 Theater magic (that game was never cheap)
Stuff like that. it was easy to get a collection back in the mid to late 1990s for low money.
Note I never saw addams less than $800 and never saw Twilight/Indy Jones less than $1000. Those games were always 'expensive' too.

#57 1 year ago

I used to collect in the 90s, comic books and baseball cards. No they’re all but worthless.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

I used to collect in the 90s, comic books and baseball cards. No they’re all but worthless.

However, it’s now a lot easier to finish those old sets from the 50s and 60s I have been building for 20 years

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from dudah:

I find it especially cool if you got a great deal on a great game back in the day that you still have in your collection.

I'm sure I have others, but one game that will never leave the game room is
the 28' MBA Ball Bowler which I bought in 1994 for $400.00 I have many Ball Bowlers
now, but the MBA actually was my first and before any MBA/Bowleramas were known.
I never knew what I had until someone asked if they could take some pics, it hit
the net, and now I believe there's 18 or 20 of them out there..
Before then, I picked up a Scientific Machine Batting Practice for $10.00
Still have a Batting Practice, but not the same one..
I do still have my first 5 machines that I picked up when I first start collecting
back in the early 90s. One being a nice Drop-a-Card for $25.00

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And that was Door to Door service with Dennis Dodel or Kevin ("Jack Rabbit"). No muss, no fuss. Didn't worry if they knew how to care for your fame because they were collectors themselves.

Those guys couldn't hold a candle to Randy Buffalo!

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

The unbleeped version is a hacked ROM. Nothing to do with family mode from Williams.
LTG : )

Sorry Lloyd, I should have been more clear. It was the bleeped version that was offensive, family mode completely eliminates the entire callout. As you point out there is a hacked ROM that also removes the bleep.

#62 1 year ago

Bought Xenon for $600
Bought my first Scared Stiff for $800
Nuff' said!

#63 1 year ago

First Pin -- Midway Race Way with export (plastic) backglass. Bought in June 1978 -- $50 Still have it too!
Pins in the 80's -- Woodrails were $50, Wedgeheads $25, solid state games (since they were still new-ish) $300-$500
Pins in the 90's -- Bought HUO TZ for $700, and 25+ more TZ's from ops for $500 or less, they wanted 'em gone because they were a service nightmare. CV -- $400. Indy -- $350. Early Solid State games, $50-$150. Bought literally hundreds of Seeburg jukes for $50-$150 each which easily sold back then for $500 each.

Best find -- Get a call from an op in the early 90's. He wanted to liquidate all of their EBD's. Nine in total, take all or take none. Bought all 9 for $125 each and the op included numerous boards, NOS displays, two NOS playfields, three NOS plastic sets, and a NOS backglass. THOSE were the days!! LOL

#64 1 year ago

OK lock this thread, too depressing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, MN
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 22.50
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
65,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Sale Pending!
Fayetteville, NC
$ 14.95
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside