12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jonnyo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Believe it or not. Danish television ran this voice controlled pinball quiz on a Saturday night show through the summer of 1989.

Flash, with what looks like rubber less banana flippers, doing roll pass'es on their own. Cannot be too tough, right.

#2 12 years ago

Interesting concept. I tried watching but its like in a total different language or something. Silly American I am.

#3 12 years ago

I remember in the early 80's, the bozo show (wgn Chicago) had something similiar. They had a space invaders-like video game (probably so they didn't have to pay royalties), and they'd have kids call up and say "pow!" when they wanted to fire a missle. Of course it only played as good as the reaction of the person controlling the game listening to the phone (which had delay). Neat concept for pre-Internet. You have to wonder if someone could hook up an arduino to a real pinball, control it through a web browser, stream live video. Not sure what the lag would be like but would be an interesting project.

#4 12 years ago

I remember that "pow" show. ha!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/television-quiz-pinball-played-through-the-telephone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.