20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#815 3 years ago

Woohoo! My least favorite Borg design staple. Good riddance.

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not asking for the complexity of Star Trek:TNG, but a nice long subway or two would be nice.

But like, why? What's the appeal of a ball falling down a hole in one place and popping out of another? Everyone's rightfully crazy for "ball-interactive toys," this seems like the antithesis. Ball goes somewhere, does god-knows-what, can't see it, comes back. Yawn.

You guys must love it when you drain.

#968 3 years ago

Ugh, mono targets. Those areas of the playfield are basically dead/wasted. No need to aim for a target bank that completes itself. Requisite double inlane. JB needs a new bag of tricks.

#975 3 years ago

Playfield shots look washed out, like a photo of a monitor (understandable considering the circumstances). I bet the art is waaay more vivid/saturated in person, if I know Zombie Yeti.

#977 3 years ago

There's your subway, on the side of the LE.

#984 3 years ago

Bipedal talking turtles who love pizza, skateboarding & martial arts? Sure. They smile?!? GTFO

#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Collect pizza slices like coins in potc?

Please god no.

#1139 3 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

This is a major huge hit on par with Keith Elwins Jurassic Park from both theme and gameplay wise. I want to see gameplay first

#1476 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Can someone please share where the heck is the foot spinning target? It is on the Matrix, I'm not even sure what it is.

Stern calls spinners "spinning targets." I assume it means the one in the right orbit.

#1477 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

That is my best guess too, but what is the "Foot" part?

Foot Clan are the bad guys.

#1483 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

without reading this entire thread do we know the designer and whose on code?

John Borg & Dwight Sullivan.

#1536 3 years ago

Looks like they're streaming an LE.

TMNT LE (resized).jpgTMNT LE (resized).jpg

#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'd give the drop target crown to Centaur, which had controlled drops almost 40 years ago.

I'd give it to Panthera. Twelve controlled drops well integrated into the ruleset. Also 40 years ago.

#1568 3 years ago

Don't let the door hit you in the shell.

#1576 3 years ago

Didn't have a strong opinion either way before the stream, but I gotta say, this thing looks fun as heck to shoot.

#1579 3 years ago

Just like JP, these custom animations destroy 25-year-old clips, and just like JP, people will cry for months about "assets."

#1582 3 years ago

This thing shoots so well right out of the gate that it makes Clunky Things even more of a confounding failure in hindsight.

#1586 3 years ago

Pizza button mash mode? I take it all back.

#1595 3 years ago

Loving the throwback early '90s new jack swing/funk soundtrack. What I wouldn't give to play this all night in a shitty pizza parlor with greasy checkered tablecloths.

#1598 3 years ago

Overall impression after that first stream? Stern knocked it out of the park. I could take or leave TMNT as a theme, didn't think I was going to want one, but wow. Total package.

#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Is the stream over already?

Yeah. Pro reveal stream on Friday. It'll be on the front page of Twitch, huge audience.

#1657 3 years ago

These pinside boys don’t cut ‘em no slack.

#1708 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Which is inarguably true.

Umm, apparently not.

#1813 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s a Pizza place and 90% of coin drop are from kids with very short ball times.

None of them will have any idea what to do with the diverter. Most of them won't lock enough balls to see the van release them. Pro has the spinning pizza, which they will enjoy. So unless you think a bouncing Krang is worth $2k, pro seems like a no-brainer for this location.

#1815 3 years ago

In that case, follow your heart and ignore your wallet.

#1837 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

And 8 ball vs. 6 ball multiball on Pro.

Are you sure there's actually an 8-ball multiball? I wouldn't even want that. Anything over 4-5 is worse than just having 2 or 3. I think the extra balls are just for staging purposes. Not sure you can ever stack enough MBs to get all 8 in play at once.

#1902 3 years ago

Do any of you fuckin’ nerds actually play pinball.

#2287 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Nice but a reskin of the BKSOR topper would be perfect. Have shredder fully motorised and taunting you, take my money!

...with Bebop over one shoulder and Rocksteady over the other.

#2291 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

topper ideas:
4 small baby turtles

Aquarium with four actual baby turtles. Liquid tilt bob.

#2313 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I remember seeing people fill their playfields with extra TMNT toys on the Data East model. Think people will do that again on this one?

First day here?

#2358 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I wonder if it will be a nuisance to have to hit the lock down button to divert the ball

Won't be as bad as having to turn off, move, and turn on the Star Wars multiplier between shots. One press, diverted.

#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

TMNT Pro actually has feeds to both flippers and people are acting as if the Prem/LE diverter is the only way a ball can get to the right flipper.

LE buyers are worse players on average than pro buyers, so it works out for everyone.

Relax guys, I have years of data and crunched the numbers. Irrefutable science. Don't @ me.

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

when is someone going to install tracking?

i.e. I walk up to a game, hold the left flipper button (or make a whole new button near start), and press start.
Game then allows me to enter my initials to sign in to my player profile. Game then tracks my stats and even allows progress to build up and achieve new things in the game over time. Could be things like unlocking new modes or challenges, free add-a-balls or EBs, etc... that I can cash in on a really good game where I am almost to wizard.

Bride of Pinbot 2.0 does most of this.

#2433 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Tmolding green ftw all day. Pro actually has it which is a nice change from stern as usually pro doesn't get colored trim.

Red on the premium seems like a case of "different for the sake of different," but sometimes all the same color just works. It's not too late for Stern to ship the premium with green. Even if they've ordered a bunch of red, it can probably go on another game in the near future.

#2461 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

You can not get mushroom on your pizza on a PRO.

One more reason to buy a pro!

#2470 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

when/which was the last pin having a REAL code difference in LE version vs PRO ?

Depends on how strategically you play. TWD walker bombs are a game-changer. GOT upper playfield lets you blow through modes safely.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

i remember TRON, the LE have the DAFT PUNK multiball not available on the PRO

Iron Maiden premium/LE has an additional multiball.

#2571 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

Plus I am looking to buy in the fall and they'll probably be gone by then, so it'll be a moot point anyway.

They're never gone unless you insist on opening a cardboard box. Almost all of them will be HUO. Let impatient gotta-have-it guys take the hit, save a few bucks in the fall.

#2671 3 years ago

You have it backwards, unsurprisingly.

#2680 3 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

You even put in arrows. Arrows. Don’t you have something better to do?

Dude it's Monday night in a pandemic, ain't nobody doin' shit.

#2695 3 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Found a few more. Modfather pinball

I'm in the wrong line of work.

1 week later
#2896 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The topper flashes "$800 sucka" in morse code.

Don't be surprised if it's $800. I feel like topper pricing is going through its own version of the previous decade's NIB MSRP inflation. Collectors were reselling boxed LEs for a profit until Stern reached the ceiling. They'll find the limit we're willing to pay for toppers as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 22.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.