20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#778 3 years ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Looking forward to the reveal, however I have to wonder what the price point is going to be on this game with the current economy as it is.

from most accounts, pinball sales have slowed on the super high end but have held steady or even increased at the pro/entry model to home market (makes sense as people want more safe home based fun).

I have to assume sales will be severely slowed to operators.

In other words, hard to predict... I would be hard pressed to even consider a purchase for route since most places are still closed.
Would likely need to sell something to buy something also as not route income.

It is my impression that route operators have been a large part of the rejuvenated sales for Stern over the past 2-3 years.

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I was a potential buyer for TMNT to go on location at the brewery. When will Things open back up? I wouldn’t consider buying anything until my location is back up and going again.

I agree. I also dont like the idea of encouraging travel to a location till things are 'safe'.
We have 2 locations that have 'opened' and we moved games spread out more than 8ft apart and have provided extra cleaning and hand sanitizer to help decrease spread, but still not a fan of encouraging people to go out an mingle.

#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Who is on code?

Don’t ask what you don’t want to know.

#1086 3 years ago

TMNT2 for sure

#1193 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Disagree on #2! GB had no priority for Stern. Munsters was never targetted to be deep. GOT and SW are great and were completed quite fast.
So play before you buy is a good advice to all.

GOT underwent a full rewrite.

#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Everyone’s different. He’s my favorite coder at stern. I love GOT and SW. GB I’d like more if the layout shot better. Munsters isn’t geared towards me so I never expected to like it as much as GOT and SW.
I expect this code to be a lot closer to GOT and SW and GB. or at least I hope it is. Can’t wait to see what Dwight has come up with.

I would like to see him stear away from the always build the multiplier schtick.

It is old and not much fun to actually play.

#1203 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. GOT blew my mind and SW is like GOT on steroids. I love the fanfare he creates for those massive multiplied shots. I’m a sucker for big points.
Lymans amazing and so is Elwin. Dwights games just speak to me more especially when combined with a design that is fast and flowly.

I am amazed to hear anyone says this.

GOT is good. SW is just aweful.

Aside from that, it is kind of a template style to code base. How many games really need to be in the same vein?

#1804 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m having a real hard time choosing between pro and premium on this pin. The premium looks stacked and I would definitely choose that for home use...but if my location opens back up I think I’ll have less headaches maintaining the pro. I would absolutely HAVE to put the game on location when we reopen. It’s a Pizza place and 90% of coin drop are from kids with very short ball times. TMNT would CRUSH IT in here.
Tough call, any thoughts?

Pro is always less headache.

Have tried the Prem for route and regretted it every time.

#1820 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I hear that buuuut I’m also gonna play the F out of it myself as I live right down the street from my location.

if times were different and your location was open and at full, then the answer when you really want the pemium for personal reasons is:
1. Negotiate a package deal price up front
2. Get the Pro on D1 and route it.
3. Put the Pro up for sale 2 months post arrival and just ahead of the premium arriving.

Time it right and you may have earned yourself a much cheaper premium.

I know a few hobby operators that do this everytime.

Personally, I rarely find the prem more fun so am not interested in the extra hassle to make a premium a little cheaper.

#2338 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Its similar to Ghostbusters Pro which doesn't really have a direct feed to the left flipper. Pretty easy to use post, bounce, and roll passes to feed it.

best thing about GB pro is the designed post and dead pass.

TMNT2 seems to be very intentional. I notice in general that Stern doe s good job of 'dumbing down' the prem version to allow easier ball feeds in many cases. The pro is oft the more challenging model. I actually like and appreciate this division of play.

Pro = route and the player looking to hone skills with no real concern of toys beyond the core
Prem = easier play style, more toys for home market
LE = same but often flair for those more into the collecting aspect than the playing.

#2352 3 years ago

when is someone going to install tracking?

i.e. I walk up to a game, hold the left flipper button (or make a whole new button near start), and press start.
Game then allows me to enter my initials to sign in to my player profile. Game then tracks my stats and even allows progress to build up and achieve new things in the game over time. Could be things like unlocking new modes or challenges, free add-a-balls or EBs, etc... that I can cash in on a really good game where I am almost to wizard.

This seems like a no brainer and a big win for both home play and route play.

Do it on a game where more quests are coming and more content needed to keep a player coming back for more.

This idea was (in a more simple form) part of the only good thing that came out of Predator).

Tracking has been part of videogames for ever. Seems like a simple thing to implement and a large value add.

#2363 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Bride of Pinbot 2.0 does most of this.

isnt that main stat tracking (cool)

I want stat and acheivement/goals/unlockables
Bring that extra dimension of carry over progress between games.

As a route operator, this is a genius idea to try and get more people into and coming back to play.
As a home player, this will also get me cemented in a game for longer.

Honestly it is one of my most asked about things in pinball for like 7 years.
I keep hoping this is what JJP is hinting towards. I have asked Eric and KP and Joe, and anyone that will listen...lol about this idea

#2368 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For real? When I watch location players, they usually don’t even know how to find the start button...then they chimp flip, drain, and move on.

Route players come in all forms.

Definitely a dedicated % that love pinball and play almost religiously. Heck, there is a great local guy that plays the same game for 4 hours pretty much every sunday (when locations were open). Like clock work, he will be on his game and playing and having a a blast. He would love the tracking I suggest.

#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

#3 is tricky because you'd certainly run into lots of folks who don't want to go to the trouble of slowly unlocking content that they paid for.

easy to make a setting for those people.

Just like in TNA, how players can cheat in settings to jump to final reactor.

#2374 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

as long as they don't go down the golden tee way and change ops + players extra for it.

there is a distinct fear of that, esp with the whole family connection to raw thrills model

I think pinball world is quite different. Manufacturers need to use it as a free improvement to boost sales. Charging for it would flip things on their heads.

#2554 3 years ago

Pro.

Save the spare cash to pay for the inevitable $650 topper to get the extra mode.

Save the rest to buy another game.

#2573 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

Thanks for the replies! Some of the things that I heard that struck me were hearing Dwight and John talk about the bidirectional spinning disk having a big impact on the game. The other was hearing that the diverter allows the ball to return to either flipper making the Premium/LE slightly easier than the Pro, which is good for me since I suck at pinball . I agree that the LE has the best art package, but I have a tough time justifying the $9k price. Plus I am looking to buy in the fall and they'll probably be gone by then, so it'll be a moot point anyway. Looking forward to hearing people's impressions when they receive their machines.

someone will surely figure out a hack/ mod to make the disk go both ways???

#2632 3 years ago

hype thread seems to have fallen off

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2635 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Given the propensity for negatively fueled discussion around here, this may actually be an indicator of general acceptance thus far due to a well done unveiling along with demonstrating what appears to be solid code. We have entered the calm before the shipping storm

I sure as hell am excited to play one!

Anyone know when they will be shipping?

#2639 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Sure - shipping soon

lol

always the matra of pinball makers.

#2761 3 years ago

Stern has shown pics online of Pros boxed and labeled for France.

Pretty sure it is all the same as it has always has been.
Announce
Build a few hundred and have them all ready
Containers leave for overseas
PROs release to operators putting them on locations (a few squeak through to home owners; may see a bit more due to Covid stuff)
The attempt is to time it so overseas games land and are ready at the same time as US Pros for route.

After that... Stern has shifted to LE/Prem production and then typically a second batch of Pros. This seems to be a bit flexible and based on order demand.

TMNT2 seems to be following the same plan as always.
I think some got false hope that Covid meant no route games and they would all go to home users???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toughkenamon, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens
Sound/Speakers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
10,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-eustache, QC
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Midland, MI
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.