20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

I hope the code is like Deadpool meets Batman66. I hope the layout is something unique like JP with 3+ flippers and interesting use of subways.

3 plus flippers make games so much more interesting (JP and IMDN). Adding an east west game play is epic.

If we were able to step up to TMNT2 and play as one of the 4 turtles, with internet connectivity, sales will soar. I’ll be pressing my friends around the world to buy their machine so we can all play. That will begin another huge growth for pinball like it has never seen if done right. Let’s face it, friends far away enjoy playing games online and if they could do it with pinball no matter where they live, sales will explode to a new height. Stern will have to double their factory to keep up with demand, because so many more will be introduced to pinball through the ever tight family and friends network around the world. So many businesses already benefit from this: it’s time pinball does too.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How would that be fun? You can’t see or hear them...your game would just die. Sounds annoying.
People have to remember that these games are made for coin drop on location...these silly most likely non-fun functions would only be for home buyers...and honestly would probably not be used much. Online servers & play make sense for an all digital universe. There are so many factors with a complex physical object like this. I don’t see “online play” ever happening with pinball....especially since Stern (and most companies) still can’t release finished fleshed out gameplay and rules at launch...now they’re expected to come up with some kind of convoluted online play infrastructure that most probably wouldn’t use? It wouldn’t move sales up, and just be a costly pain in the ass on their part.
I’m calling it...Pinball internet will be:
-Operator stuff (remote updates, service alerts, earnings, remote setting changes, etc)
-Tournament & Social Media stuff related to scores & events.
No “online play”.

You’re probably right, there are too many variables, but it’s fun to dream. Even unrealistic dreams. Lol

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'd bet no, a new game almost always comes out right before the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show, I'm guessing May.

It’ll come at or near TPF. Since there is going to be so much innovation rumored to be in it, it’ll steal the show from other manufacturers and be a good marketing move for Stern.

Would think it will be front and center at TPF. Stern released BK the day after TPF, only because they wanted the emphasis to remain on Munsters and BK would not have much impact at TPF, because of it not being a main licensed theme, imo.

4 months later
#1161 3 years ago

(Posted in the wrong thread earlier)

It’ll be a sell out! Evergreen theme and fun for the whole family. Looks quite packed as well! Layout is very different from usual Borg titles. Can’t wait to see high Rez shots!
Spinning disks have been on many machines, but I don’t have one yet and the way this is integrated by pressing button to eat pizza, looks fun and unusual. Good job John!

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have to disagree, I thought the display looked fantastic. They really nailed it IMO.

Agreed, they nailed it.

#2071 3 years ago
Quoted from Nickson:

The whole point of him on munsters was to make a simple game... he did that. It’s fun game

Simple game??? Then send us all a couple grand rebate, for giving us no more than a few real updates. Who wants to pay $9k, the same price as TMNT with loads of great code, for Munsters severely lacking??? Simple equals shameful, if you’re charging the same price as all the coded games with tons of depth, i.e., SW, ST, BKSOR, JP, GOT, DP, IMDN, all have many times more code than Munsters and all were the same price.

Simple does not and should not equate to a lack of modes, show material etc. Unfortunately owners have been forgotten by Stern on Munsters and hopefully they will do right by us and give us the updates and deep code it deserves. I hold Stern squarely responsible for not allocating enough resources to Dwight and team to do right by such an awesome theme and game as Munsters. It has been the bashing child here on pinside, because of the lack of code for quite sometime and that’s a travesty for such a potentially awesome coded game as Munsters.

#2111 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No problem with that. Tell us BEFORE we drop $9k
They raised the LE numbers to 600 to meet demand. Shipped em and then said oh yeah this is just meant to be a simple game
Say that up front and watch how many they sell of ANY game! lol
Making a “simple” game is so stupid anyhow
Just make a pro version then. Sorry but that BS doesn’t fly

Fully agreed, no game will sell if you tell everyone upfront it’s going to be simple and you’ll only get a few meaningful code updates. The OP that said we have no one to blame but ourselves is sucking up to Dwight and Stern. If that’s the case, we should all stop buying all unfinished games, till a year later, when they’re actually completed code wise and Stern can kiss LE sales goodbye. Because we all know when the hype simmers down, so do the sales.

Stern creates expectations by past patterns, code update wise. Hence the reason we’re willing to buy unfinished games. It is reasonable to assume based on past production, that code will improve on any Stern game, since we have past patterns to observe. Do you think for one second if Keith Elwin would have been on Munsters that he would let the code be so simple and shallow as Munsters? Not a chance!

Lol, using a Beatles Boutique game as an example that cost more: come on OP, get real. Completely irrelevant, since it is not a cornerstone game like Munsters. The examples I used of deep well coded games, were all apples to apples comparisons, of other equally priced cornerstone games. We all know what they were trying to achieve with Beatles upfront. Take a good look at sales numbers on that one. They were dismal to say the least. It cost Stern more in reputation than the tiny profit made. Would think they’d not have done that one, if they knew how bad the outcome would be sales and reputation wise.

#2208 3 years ago

Interesting that here in Australia, TMNT LE has sold out almost instantly, at a whopping price of $14,500.00. Very hot property indeed. Congratulations Stern team! How are TMNT LE sales in the USA? Be very thankful, you only pay $8,800 street price. Almost half price, what a deal in the US. I know, exchange rate, but it wasn’t that long ago when the Auzzie buck was worth more than the USD. Oh for those days again.

#2247 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seriously though, I want everything in the same thread and not have multiple clubs like JP. I also think it makes sense hype translates to club b/c this is real deal TMNT old school fans in here - just want to carry that into the club. Not have some random thread and now you're checking both.

Totally agree that 2 club threads are maddening. I’ve completely stopped reading the 2 Jurassic Park Club threads, because it is such a double up. Wading through 2 club threads becomes laborious and tiring. Why they don’t just combine them is beyond me.

#2484 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

There are no special modes in the game or planned simply because you own a PREM/LE. The only software differences are about the different hardware changes between the PRO and the PREM/LE.
Here are the Software differences between the PRO and PREM/LE:
1 -
The PREM/LE has a Glider feature that goes with the glider divertor.
2 -
The PREM/LE can lock a ball in the LAIR area.
There are multiballs that take advantage of this. For example, during Ninja Pizza Multiball if you have mushrooms on your pizza you will be able to lock a ball in the LAIR. You can not get mushroom on your pizza on a PRO.
3 -
The PRO has a TOP LANE Skill Shot that is not on the PREM/LE. The ball doest go from the shooter lane to the top lanes on the PREM/LE.
4 -
The PREM/LE has 8 balls and the PRO has 6.
A - Not really a rule difference but the balls will come from the Van on the PREM/LE as needed.
B - You can have 7 and 8 ball multiballs on the PREM/LE. For example, on the PREM/LE, you can have 5 gummy bears on your pizza and therefore start a 8 ball Ninja Pizza multiball. On the PRO the most gummy bears you can have are 3 for a 6 ball multiball.
I think thats it.

Thanks for caring about setting things straight in our minds, Dwight, instead of being left with a forum thread full of incorrect speculation. It is important to know what we are buying at these high prices up front. I really look forward to another great game coded by you.

TMNT looks awesome, so thanks for the passion and diligence in making the code worthy of our hard earned money, with plenty of depth and TV show content modes to enjoy in our homes for years to come. Really appreciate this is not a simple game. Simple games at these high prices don’t warrant our money.

You should be proud being the first to code all the multi player modes. The multi player ability alone, is a major feature, imo. Programming 4 character selection in SW, really prepared you to be the best choice to program another 4 character selectable game. My family really looks forward to playing them together. Again, great job!

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I dunno. People are underestimating that variable-speed bi-directional disc on the premium, but it creates a LOT more ball action on jjPotC, so I wouldn't discount it. Plus the balls piling out of the van is cool...

Don’t ever see this idea mentioned, but the 4 balls piling out of the van is actually the 4 turtles piling out of the van in the TV series. It is a cool feature for sure.

Think the LE offers best art package imo. Both cabinet sides are different and do not have the name on them, as it is already all over everywhere else.

Add up invisiglass, special powedercoated armor, upgraded sound/speakers, with speaker cosmetic colored rings, lollipop rails, mirrored back glass, inside (artist designed) art blades and LE purchase is easy decision imo.

Plus there are LE only buyers out there in the future that will pay premium for your LE down the road, if it is a good title and TMNT is in that category.

In Oz, we have a guy advertising he will pay $24,000.00 for a Tron LE, for example. So far he has no takers, lol.

3 weeks later
#2984 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Do you think tmnt is too childish of a team? I’m looking to get Deadpool, JP, or tmnt and having a hard time deciding. I sorta new to pinball and have MB already.

Ninja theme is not childish at all. Let’s see: Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory, Wizard of Oz, Hobbit, cartoon R&M, Hot Wheels: are they childish themes? Don’t think so, as there are many adult collectors in every category. TMNT is an evergreen top tier license, that appeals to all ages.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.