20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skillshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#213 4 years ago

Zombie Yeti only puts out amazing art, so the game is at least going to look fabulous. Hopefully they’ll nail the layout and code.

#226 4 years ago

Will we see Krang, Rocksteady, Beebop or just Shredder and the foot?

They need the TMNT 80s cartoon music and maybe Ninja Rap.

#237 4 years ago

I just hope we don’t get a repurposed Death Star as an exploding technodrome.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Why not? That would be cool as long as there are as many new mechs/toys as rumored!

Would like to see something different and unique.

Borg usually plays it pretty safe. He likes to do two flipper fan layouts for the most part. I’d like to see him step it up and do something different with the layout like Deadpool. Maybe ditch the 3 pop bumper in the upper right corner for once.

#255 4 years ago

Really hope they get Rob Paulsen to do the call outs, that guy is fantastic. Turtles could use some of that Rick and Morty magic.

He did the voices of so many different characters.

18A5F8F8-17DA-4A68-9592-A6823F223642 (resized).jpeg18A5F8F8-17DA-4A68-9592-A6823F223642 (resized).jpegC1E08A80-EDD5-4165-8029-DA3E18A2D3FB (resized).jpegC1E08A80-EDD5-4165-8029-DA3E18A2D3FB (resized).jpeg

#278 4 years ago

Why would a hacker use their time to hack your pinball camera? It’s not very likely a good use of their time. Pinball streamers want ppl to watch and they have a hard time getting people to tune in. Lol

If you’re still concerned, go spend a dollar on a roll of electrical tape and voila, problem solved.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

Do you all think it’s a safe bet that this game will be available for play at TPF?

Historically I think they release right after. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

some hackers may just hack for free games others may do the MOB thing of MR owner if you don't pay me $1000 I will burn out all of your coils!
And if the games have an CC reader linked that can be nice hacking target.

The internet sounds dangerous. Where do I sign up?

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

I think you’re right, but was that timing coincidence, or do you think they intentionally chose to release after TPF? I heard musings of early March for Ninja Turtles. I’m just crossing my fingers that I can play it at TPF

They don’t seem to like to reveal at shows and for some reason go with IGN followed by Jack Danger stream. I think it would be awesome if they revealed at the show and brought some games with them to sell on the floor. That would create some good hype and Stern might as well cater to the place that pinball enthusiasts are already at.

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'd bet no, a new game almost always comes out right before the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show, I'm guessing May.

May is a long time for Stern, they’ve been releasing games at about 3 months so that puts something out near the end of March.

1 month later
#357 4 years ago

I need more Turtle news. Stern give us something! Show the underside, learn from that spooky hype.

3 weeks later
#421 4 years ago

Dwight and Lonnie are terrible. I haven’t played the new GB code, but at 1.0 it was a mess. Seems like a nice guy, but he’d be the last guy I’d want coding the game. I feel like he gets in over his head pretty easily.

1 week later
#433 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Original TMNT (comic book) all had the same color head band. The cartoon changed that to make the four seem diff so they can sell more toys. I prefer the multi color.
Can't wait to hear more about this pin. Hype still there for me.

Netflix has “The Toys That Made Us.” They have the whole backstory of TMNT, it’s worth checking out.

#434 4 years ago

JP2 is probably my favorite game of all time so far.

2 weeks later
#452 4 years ago

Any news on this game? What was up with the rumor it was going to be revealed soon?

#463 4 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Corona came and said hi

Rumor was well after corona and quarantine. I suppose Stern changed it’s mind. Wish they could at least do a teaser for now though.

3 weeks later
#496 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksnow:

I am pretty confused as to why there are so many haters on Dwight. Multipliers can get old but it is just a different strategy. Look at his games, I believe he has 7 games in the top 50. I get that Lyman is amazing with code but Dwight could also slay it. I am gonna remain positive and hope for the best. I am most likely gonna be all in on a TMNT. I can’t wait to hear some updates on this.

Because Munsters and Stern’s POTC are regarded as having very basic code. GB, GOT, and SW were initially a mess. He’s also historically slow about finishing the games off.

I wouldn’t say the top 50 is a good gauge of success as most new Sterns find themselves there, even ones that are not considered fan favorites like BK SOR and Stranger Things.

1 week later
#592 3 years ago

Saw there was a considerable number of new posts expecting some news, but half are just some cranky guy from San Angeles bitching. SMH

#619 3 years ago

The art isn’t bad from the latest cartoon movie ‘Batman vs TMNT.’ The movie is actually better than the Michael Bay ones.

791C986F-F37C-4194-A422-F0AB48B10D3A (resized).jpeg791C986F-F37C-4194-A422-F0AB48B10D3A (resized).jpeg
#701 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Star Wars code is massive and super enjoyable, blows Lymans games like AC/DC and Metallica away
Try them all and see for yourself

I couldn’t disagree more.

How many games does Lyman vs Dwight have in the top ten? Metallica and AC/DC blow anything Dwight has ever been lead on out of the water even beyond SW.

#708 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I'm definitely hoping they follow the 90's arcade or cartoon style for this title. I'm not a huge fan of the current look for Turtles animation or films but I suspect it will be popular either way.

It would be moronic for them to use the style of the Michael Bay films. I’d like to see the original cartoon style, maybe a little edgier if possible (like comics). Gotta start off with that cartoon theme song though. Also would be cool if they got the Ninja Rap song for a mode.

I’m also hoping it’s not the traditional Borg style with two ramps, two flippers and a bash toy up the middle.

Needs Shredder, Krang, Rocksteady, Beebop, Baxster and the foot for villains; for the heroes I’d like to see Splinter, April, Casey Jones and the turtles.

For toys, I’d like to see the turtle van, sewer pipes for ramps that go under playfield, and some kind of moving mechanism, maybe technodrome.

#755 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Fuel target on your Metallica![quoted image]

Ahem. Not on mine.

DBB74E1F-F755-48BF-8A36-479F041F1729 (resized).jpegDBB74E1F-F755-48BF-8A36-479F041F1729 (resized).jpeg
#835 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How do you gauge a “race” on a pinball machine? You don’t see other people moving around or maneuver around them like an online racing video game. There’s no satisfying interaction with others in this scenario.

Uhhh by who finishes the mode first or the quickest time. Lol

DEEA5D8C-743A-4050-8083-AF8E2AEA253D (resized).jpegDEEA5D8C-743A-4050-8083-AF8E2AEA253D (resized).jpeg
#839 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

But why is that fun in the context of pinball? You can’t see what the other person is doing or interact. You’d only know at the end of a game who “won”. Who cares? In an online racing game you see & interact with each other.
Why is it so hard to visualize that pinball is not a video game? Lol

If you can’t see how it would be fun to compete against people to have the fastest time, I’ve got nothing for you. Several things have this feature that people enjoy.

It would be simple by showing a box and what place your currently in, then in the end show who the top three players are.

Why does your pinball machines even track the highest scores? Because it’s fun to beat it, simple as that. It would also be fun to beat people in a real time race.

#846 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So when is your P3 showing up?
Same question for everyone else who’s convinced online pinball play needs to be a thing.

Too expensive and the games are ehh to me. I’m telling you I want online connectivity. What’s so hard to understand about that?

I’ve played pinball on a console online against players trying to get the fastest time and it’s really fun. It would be more fun on an actual machine.

You think you know what I’d like more than me? Lol

#999 3 years ago

9EA418E2-64C0-4EA8-BFD0-2DB151EFD8BE (resized).jpeg9EA418E2-64C0-4EA8-BFD0-2DB151EFD8BE (resized).jpeg

#1184 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm digging the art on the pro....when. You consider the full package (backglass, sides, etc) it might be the best. LE front is awful.
Bring on the official video!

LE back glass is by far the best. I think the side art on the LE is also better. Shame the front cabinet has those overly kiddie turtles.

#1204 3 years ago

I’m pretty disappointed in the art overall. It’s not bad, but after Deadpool, I was expecting something amazing with this. You can just google image TMNT art and find several instances that are far superior. Maybe ZY’s hands were tied with the licensor...

Cary Hardy breakdown of the game.

#1209 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Calling SW awful??? Software is brilliant on that one.
I don't care a single thing for the star wars franchise and I still bought the game...

Star Wars is my favorite movie and I didn’t buy it. Crazy how different we feel about that game. I love the Ghostbusters movie, I also don’t care for that game.

Maybe when you love a franchise the expectations are too high.

#1224 3 years ago

They never seem to show off lcd animations on the videos.

#1282 3 years ago

I could be down for a premium depending on how the code turns out. Art pops more with better photos, just wish the turtles facial expressions looked better. The villains look great.

#1888 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Compare the screen graphics to something early Spike like Aerosmith and it's come a LOOOOOONNNNNG way.

There are no animations on AS that look as bad as the April one. What animations on AS look bad anyway? I think they’re pretty good and I’m picky on that. For a band game, I’d say well done.

#1890 3 years ago

If they used the cartoon for animations, there would be no hesitation with purchasing for me. Right now I’m on the fence.

#1895 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All the animations on Aerosmith look like a basic flash game from the late 1990s. The characters have a few pieces per body (usually 2 per leg, 2 per arm, torso, head - I think some also have articulated wrists if I remember right) and are "animated" like puppets with 4-6-ish points of articulation where the body parts meet. LOTS of static images given motion by scrolling the foreground or background and adding the puppet band characters. VERY basic, and not in a cool way. They could have given 2D segmented characters a really cool look and even could have made that art style look like the original Parappa the Rapper, but that would have been much more work that what they put into it. 3D would have, too.

I agree some AS animations look like Flash, but some on TMNT are worse.

1D378E8B-7C8F-42CB-A94C-07DBD3D1AD47 (resized).jpeg1D378E8B-7C8F-42CB-A94C-07DBD3D1AD47 (resized).jpeg

#1897 3 years ago

I hope they improve. So far the voices and animations are my only concerns. Layout, art and code seem pretty good.

Those heavy black outlines on some scenes don’t help. The weapon scenes and some with Shredder look good.

#1901 3 years ago

That JP2 goat though...too bad all of them don’t look that good. Typically scenes with people aren’t the greatest in JP2.

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Seriously. There was no reason to create poor CG recreations of solid footage that already exists. There was also no reason to do 100% fake voices when they're using the show's storylines and dialog. The clips exist. The actors are still alive & could have done custom dialog.
Now, the game still looks like a ton of fun...and I might still end up with one down the line. However, if we're talking about sending up to $9000 to buy this game without playing it, based on my love of theme alone? Had they had original video, audio, and the real actors - I would have absolutely thrown down & pre-ordered. As it stands with the dank animation & decent (but fake) voices, I'm not inspired to send a check at the moment.
I mean...if you have functioning eyes, which of these looks more appealing as a display animation:[quoted image][quoted image]

You’re right. It’s like they even made it harder on themselves for no reason.

#1999 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There’s no way for STERN to get high DEF copies of the TMNT 90s cartoon so I honestly think what they designed is better.

Uhh have you played BM66? It has amazing video. HD has nothing to do with anything. Same for Elvira.

#2000 3 years ago

Why does Donny have the glider tech in his player card, but Raph is actually flying it?

#2001 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's a very short list with, what, Lyman and maybe Tanio? That's about it, and Tanio is great, but very new.

Don’t forget about Timmy, the rookie of the year Sexton.

#2003 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Well, BM66 has high definition conversions from film available and 1987 TMNT is still only VHS standard definitions sources so HD has something to do with it.

You can show a standard def picture on an HD lcd or it can be converted through the software. It would work just fine. This isn’t ground breaking and can be done with any video editing software. It won’t be super crisp, but certainly workable.

What does VHS have to do with anything? You think Nickelodeon just has a closet full of VHS that they gave Stern?

#2009 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Batman 66 has nice 1080p restored footage. TMNT isn’t film sourced - it’s old 80s/90s broadcast masters...a hair better than VHS. Still, on a small LCD score display, you’re not going to really notice the resolution of the clips that much, especially since Sterns tend to have compression artifacting even with HD sourced clips. The models & texturing of Stern’s CG isn’t exactly making use of high resolution texture or anything.

Thanks for clearing that up, I don’t think the grain would be an issue and a step up from what is currently there as you’ve shown.

#2014 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If “no clips” was a Nick thing, I’d rather see Yeti’s art on screen with some After Effects motion-comic style movement and FX....but most here seem impressed by it, so it is what it is. At the end of the day, it’s the score display. The playfield is where my attention is & that art is great.

What’s weird is some clips they use Yeti’s April, which looks good, but then there’s that crummy news report image. They show Yeti’s on that reel image (maybe when hitting the April target).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,999.00
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skillshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=skillshot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.