20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#876 3 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Kaneda says "TMNT will NOT have original voice actors. Nickelodeon approved actors and STERN employees doing voices."
I wonder if they will use clips from the show?

As long as it's not X-Men level bad, I'll deal. X-Men's callouts are unforgiveably bad.

#884 3 years ago

Since Borg recycles his playfield layouts (X-Men is a mirror layout of Tron, Aerosmith is a re-use of KISS, GotG is essentially Metallica's) and this already features the X-Men disc, I REALLY HOPE TMNT is not re-using the X-Men playfield layout. Did not like. At All. Hoping for a new Borg design (it happens, I think Walking Dead was new, wasn't it?), but if it's a rehash, please not X-Men.

#887 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So no subways in this? Would’ve been cool to have a sewer lid that opened to put the ball in and have a clear window on the playfield that showed the ball traveling underneath. Could’ve been hard to have that amongst the artwork on the playfield though unless you could print art on top of the tunnels too. Diverters underneath to send the ball to one of 2-3 exit points.
A friend had a cool idea too that the sewer could act as a gobble hole too at times. Green is go and red is dead. So hit the sewer at the wrong time and you’re ball feeds the drain.

If any theme demanded subways it's this, but Stern doesn't allow them (even covert prohibition via with cost limits is still prohibition, Keith). I HOPE they happen, but not holding my breath.

#888 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If they have "cowabunga dude" Im out.

Seems like a weird way to come out, but ok.

#895 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Subways have returned on Metallica, Ghostbusters, and Elvira (on the Premium/LEs) so I was holding out hope the same would hold true with TMNT

Ghostbusters and Metallica are *barely* subways. I mean, GREAT that they're there, but they're ball locks, mostly. Same thing with the 3 inch "subway" in Iron Maiden that feeds from the sarcophagus. Not really a subway. I'm not asking for the complexity of Star Trek:TNG, but a nice long subway or two would be nice.

#901 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

But like, why? What's the appeal of a ball falling down a hole in one place and popping out of another? Everyone's rightfully crazy for "ball-interactive toys," this seems like the antithesis. Ball goes somewhere, does god-knows-what, can't see it, comes back. Yawn.
You guys must love it every time you drain.

It doesn't have to be A-to-B. The best subways have some level of staging or re-direction. I'm not expecting Stern to do DIVERTERS as well, but the best designs use them with subways.

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Ugh, mono targets. Those areas of the playfield are basically dead/wasted. No need to aim for a target bank that completes itself. Requisite double inlane. JB needs a new bag of tricks.

The area behind the left 3rd flipper is a passage like beatles that either drops the balls through like Spiderman's right one or stages them.

#995 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

people used to cheat on golden tee with belt sanders

Konami Track and Field with pencils, too.

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

What is it with Borg and these shitty giant mono targets? May pass on those alone.

He clearly doesn't hate them like he originally said he did, but I wish he did. I HATE them, as well. Might as well just put nothing there. It's basically an auto-complete for that zone anyway.

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

How do the balls get loaded onto the spinning pizza magnet?

I'm assuming out of the van...essentially the van is the X-Men magneto lock.

#1071 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Shots look kinda similar to munsters…[quoted image]

It's an amalgam of a lot of Borg and Stern in general playfield tropes. The extra ramp on TMNT where the grandpa scoop means it will shoot a lot different than Munsters. The van lock and magnetic disc are straight out of X-Men. The 3rd flipper with a passage behind is more like Spiderman (which has that on the right and was designed by Ritchie).

#1072 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys what are these things I circled in yellow? They look like magnets on the pf to hold the ball? One is very large and some have turtle colors around them (yellow purple etc).
[quoted image]

Definitely inserts. Probably for modes. You can see the jewel look on them.

#1075 3 years ago

What's the abbreviation for this - TMNT is taken by the DE one.

STMNT (Stern TMNT)
NTMNT (Neo-TMNT)
TMNT2

Or...???

#1081 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Got you. Maybe the largest one is wizard

Yeah, getting a deadpool-ish vibe out of the progression dot laid over each character and a larger one for the wizard mode. Probably will need a pin monk color bracket for each of them.

#1084 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

TMNT for this one, Data east can have TMNTDE

You'll have to talk to Robin about that. TMNT is already Data East on pinside. Try hovering over the letters.

#1085 3 years ago

I like the way NTMNT looks, but TMNT2 is probably the best one.

#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

So many look to be clear inserts. Here is to hoping for full RGB LEDs Inserts.

This is a recipe for disappointment. What do you think this is, Game of Thrones?

#1097 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Paging vireland

Haha. I'm already on it. Putting finishing up Stranger Things brackets and mods on turbo to clear space for this. They MIGHT be RGB, but I really doubt it with Stern's record post-GoT.

#1117 3 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

RGB LED inserts for marking the color of the turtle that defeated the character.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

That's a plus for the theme and players. RGB on the Pro and Prem/LE or just the Prem/LE?

#1147 3 years ago
Quoted from ricard2798:

Not sure if this relates too much, but what does a new release means for an older version? Does the older TMNT becomes more collectible or desired, or does it become less attractive since a newer one is out? Just trying to prepare as a recent owner of a TMNT... errr DE TMNT

DE TMNT has always been a dog on the secondary market, so if anything, I would expect this to further tarnish its long-term value since fans now have a choice of pins. The code would have to be REALLY BAD to be worse than the DE one, and I don't think that's happening.

#1175 3 years ago
Quoted from kia85:

[quoted image]

Can you make the watermark a little more obnoxious?

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

He could push the actual pic to the side and crop it, to make the text bigger, like your Avatar!

Don't give him any ideas.

#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I guess the Italian version doesn’t come with legs.

That's the real Italian Bottom. Whoa Nellie-style location improvisation to stand it up.

#1451 3 years ago

Non-resized feature matrix that's easier to read (click to load the full res view in your PDF reader)...

Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Feature-Matrix-1.pdfTeenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Feature-Matrix-1.pdf

#1479 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Can someone please share where the heck is the foot spinning target? It is on the Matrix, I'm not even sure what it is.

Likely the spinner. They called it the Stranger Things spinner with a demodog sticker a demodog spinning target, so probably the same thing.

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Pardon me if i missed it, but is there internet connectivity?

Not yet, but it can likely be yours soon for the low-low price of $499.97 as an add-on.

#1516 3 years ago

No idea, but wouldn't be surprised.

#1605 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I really don't get this bash the button thing, its not a mode, it comes across as so lazy. Also the LCD graphics and animation are super poor quality for this day and age but I guess acceptable for Stern.

Compare the screen graphics to something early Spike like Aerosmith and it's come a LOOOOOONNNNNG way.

#1631 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Anyone know when these are suppose to ship?

Pro Mid-June. Prem/LE July. Allegedly.

#1634 3 years ago
Quoted from Shinemyballz:

Wow what a backyard video edit / launch ? NO way would i allow this to pass for any product i've launched. I won't waste time with words & just let the pictures do the talking lol ... so grubby. Apologies if someone has already pointed this out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I thought the rusted habitrails were on-theme.

#1731 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

It looked like Jack Danger had the game over the whole lock down period.
He seemed to know it inside out, great job on the demo
Pin looks very pretty, well done! Although not a big fan of the series... I do remember the original music.
The new Glee version playing would surely get on my tits after a while.
Is there any repetition testing performed at Stern? Say where they lock someone in a sound booth with headphones and play the same Pin sound theme / music / effect over + over to see if there are any adverse human affects?

If you experience adverse effects, the network connectivity coming soon will allow Stern to soon offer an alternate soundtrack patch for the low, low price of $99.95 and install it for you.

#1891 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

There are no animations on AS that look as bad as the April one. What animations on AS look bad anyway? I think they’re pretty good and I’m picky on that. For a band game, I’d say well done.

All the animations on Aerosmith look like a basic flash game from the late 1990s. The characters have a few pieces per body (usually 2 per leg, 2 per arm, torso, head - I think some also have articulated wrists if I remember right) and are "animated" like puppets with 4-6-ish points of articulation where the body parts meet. LOTS of static images given motion by scrolling the foreground or background and adding the puppet band characters. VERY basic, and not in a cool way. They could have given 2D segmented characters a really cool look and even could have made that art style look like the original Parappa the Rapper, but that would have been much more work that what they put into it. 3D would have, too.

#1896 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I agree some AS animations look like flash, but some on TMNT are worse.
[quoted image]

I don't disagree, but Aerosmith is completed and TMNT likely has some polish left to go.

Even if TMNT was locked as well, Aerosmith has a LOT more scene cheapness and general bad animation quality than TMNT. A LOT.

But TMNT isn't locked, so it will continue to improve. Aerosmith won't, so the gap will widen.

#1908 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Everyone can blame me. Unlike Deadpool, where the villain was the mode, on TMNT they refer to starring Episodes. I chose to leave text out of the equation because of the length of Episode names. And had I used the character names it would have confused with the episodes... I kinda assumed I'd find a grail answer and eventually settled on having the insert trap color coincide with the stroke of each affiliated character (and some overlap when 2-part episodes are referenced)... not saying it's the best answer for everyone - but it allowed for a more dynamic central grouping of art... which selfishly I gravitate towards...

Meh, you did fine given what the progression points are standing for in TMNT. Like the theme or not, it's overall one of the best packages you've put together for Stern, IMO.

Carry on.

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Well to be honest with what Dwight coded for Munsters, (Was Shite)! No reason why he should've had more than enough time to code TMNT
But wait for it, another 3 years waiting on code like Ghostbusters.
I just hope for you guys that the code will come as you think it will.
I have lost hope. Staying with coders I know will complete in a much faster fashion.

That's a very short list with, what, Lyman and maybe Tanio? That's about it, and Tanio is great, but very new.

#1913 3 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Very true Vireland, What about Rick Naegele!
Not Stern but Eric Meunier is also looking good, and cannot forget Keith P. Johnson...
P.s Time for you to get that Walking Dead pinball!

Oh, right, I was limiting it to Stern. Rick has done great work so far, but he's also in the "very new" basket with Tanio.

Keith does unbelievable work for JJP now. His Stern work is still legendary, too. So thumbs-up on Keith, for sure.

#1988 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Seriously. There was no reason to create poor CG recreations of solid footage that already exists. There was also no reason to do 100% fake voices when they're using the show's storylines and dialog. The clips exist. The actors are still alive & could have done custom dialog.

Let's be fair. Saying there's "no reason" isn't true. There's no PUBLICLY KNOWN reason, but given the licensing issues with the song they DID talk about, it's very possible some or all of these decisions were dictated by licensor restrictions.

Some of the fake voices are more than fine. There's no "shitty beast and his friends" in the mix. So that's a plus.

#2010 3 years ago

Live stream confirmed that all the episode inserts mid-playfield are just white, so I'll have a color bracket (or brackets, depending on what I find under the playfield) for them. Helpfully, ZY outlined each insert with the color the insert represents, so that will make color choice a lot easier.

#2017 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

No they are not. Green if you beat it, red if you fail it.
Rob

Weird. Early in today's stream Dwight specifically said the inserts were just white, no RGB.

EDIT: Confirmed White only. Colored for complete/fail is on screen only

#2022 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re right. Just confirmed that those inserts are always white. Only the UI does the red and green stuff.

Yes, that's what Dwight said. Inserts on PF are just plain white, but the SCREEN shows the colors. Glad to know I'm not going insane...

#2024 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

No they are not. Green if you beat it, red if you fail it.
Rob

This is on the screen only. Playfield inserts are just white.

#2029 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The van is there, but no functionality.

There is a physical ball lock under it, though. Not as cool as coming out of the van, but at least it's not a virtual lock.

#2031 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Btw - I laugh when I hear people say the pizza spins BOTH ways on the pemium. Holy shit - both ways!!!! Wow!

Both ways and variable speed DOES make a difference. jjPotC's spinner is much wilder than a regular X-Men or Twister spinner. Probably where Stern got the idea once they saw jjPotC in motion.

#2048 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well me and a buddy were watching on the first night and I swear it looked like both were changing color as we discussed those along with the UI. Guess my tv’s color sucks. Haha

I think that was more a function of the video quality of the stream. Color was probably bleeding into the white from the playfield. I noticed the effect, too.

#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's the year 2020, and people still think they can buy pinballs with some kind of expectation that they'll get more than what they paid for.
Say it loud for the people in the back, buy games for what they are, not for what you hope they'll be. You have nobody to blame but yourself if your hopes and dreams don't become reality after handing over the cash. If you're not sure, simply wait before buying to see what comes. It's not that hard.
Let's check the notes:

(snip)

They promised an "exciting gameplay experience" which Munsters is not. It's about as dull, repetitive and shallow as they come. When CASUALS at locations hate it in droves, that's a problem. Sitting right next to an Attack from Mars, which probably has LESS code, the AfM DESTROYED it in earnings, even the first week at the location I helped with.

#2102 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I noticed there are LEDs in the apron, lighting up the flippers, thats so simple and great.
GI lights are now RGB's too, nice...

Pretty sure the GI is just zoned single-color LEDs, not RGB LEDs. They've done that on a lot of games from X-MEN forward.

#2105 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah the original press release calling it stupefyingly dull and dumb didn’t get approved by marketing.
Pretty sure “exciting” is subjective though, I don’t think this would hold up in court.

I don't think anyone's going to real court on this, but in the court of location customers Munsters already lost pretty much exactly for that failure to deliver an exciting game promised.

#2114 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Solution: Play before you pay.

Well, that's a convenient thing to say, but it doesn't work for the majority of the areas of the US. Pinball saturation is anything but in 2020. There are SOME areas that have a wealth of location play, and others that have literally none for hundreds of miles. It's not always possible to play before you pay.

#2116 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

We all know what they were trying to achieve with Beatles upfront. Take a good look at sales numbers on that one. It was dismal to say the least. It cost Stern more in reputation than the tiny profit made. Would think they’d not have done that one, if they knew how bad the outcome would be sales and reputation wise.

All I can say is THANK GOD Stern's casepack rarity scam failed on Beatles and sales bombed with the glut of golds left over after they shot their wad on the initial shipment, using up all the platinum and diamond bait. All three tiers have dumped in price as a result, and they'll likely never get to the 1964 total pins they said because the rest of the run won't happen.

#2119 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Beatles is an iron man situation waiting to happen.
A few years from now it’ll be sought after and prices will be way up.

Meh. Iron Man is a FUN, abusive short ride you want to do again and again, and the market finally caught up with it. Beatles is just sort of there. If prices go up on Beatles eventually, it will be from fans of the band (who are also dying off at an alarming rate, so...) who don't mind having a pin with a 1960's girl's lunchbox color scheme and not because it's an awesome hidden gem of a game.

#2122 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Not sure what any of this has to do with the TMNT pin though!

The reason people are talking about it is Dwight did Munsters and TMNT and they blame Dwight for Munsters being a huge code fail stinkbomb, when I'm pretty sure most of that was a result of orders he got limiting him and not his inherent ability to code pins.

#2123 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

History has shown Lonnie takes a long time on code and Dwight's last 3 games weren't received very well. So i'm struggling to see why they are upset about people bashing them. Stranger Things was barren at launch again proving everyone's point. Dwight with TMNT has an opportunity to prove everyone wrong and it looks like its going well so far.

Star Wars had multiple runs.

Ghostbusters sold very, VERY well.

Both ended up with solid code.

Munsters is Dwight's only real stinkbomb in the last 10 years or so. You'd have to go back to Sopranos to have another not-great Dwight pin, and even that is WAY better than Munsters.

#2126 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Right, but in this case TMNT clearly all ready has strong code. So unless Stern went insane and removed features from upcoming code updates, I don't see what's to worry about from a rules/code department at this point.

What you're shown on the stream is what they want you to see. The fact that they specifically don't want Jack to say what version code he's playing on the streams on is telling. He said they didn't want him to tell multiple times on the stream when people asked.

That said, it LOOKS more complete, but there are still a lot of janky things on screen happening with timings, etc that need to be cleaned up. But the only way to know for sure what state the code is in is to actually PLAY it hands on or watch a stream from someone not controlled by Stern.

#2139 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Dwight > Lyman
*Flame suit on*

Put down the alcohol, and step away from the bar. You're about to black out at this rate...

#2141 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Beatles is a pretty fun game with more in it than you'd think. It's very satisfying to play.

Did not click with me at all. The display work screamed cheap. I was shocked to find it was using panning stills for the historical concerts when there's PLENTY of footage out there that could have been used. Gameplay was just *okay*. Certainly not worth what they were, emphasis on were, asking.

And, uh...how 'bout them TMNTs?

#2179 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

I just rewatched the pro reveal! GOD it looks AMAZING!!
Code seems pretty already deep for a v0.92!!
It’s a Must buy for me!! TMNT is my childhood dream, i’m type of guy that love callouts, Music,lightshow and goos speed.
[quoted image]

That boot/reboot must have been later in the stream, I didn't see it. Thanks for posting the version they were using!

#2199 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Overall, I would say this is one of the most positive reactions I can remember. Yes there are diff opinions on prem vs pro but that's expected. Besides someone saying they don't like the theme, I haven't heard any negative feedback on the game itself.

Dingleberry gave me a thumbs up, too. Definitely a weird positivity vibe happening...

#2271 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Quick question. What would be the easiest way to remove the art blades? I want to swap them with mirror blades

Freeze spray or blowdryer. I'd try freeze spray first. LEs have exclusive art blades Pro and Premium owners can't buy (the official blades you can buy are different), so you can likely get a couple hundred bucks if you get them off in one piece so they can be re-used by someone else. I personally think mirror blades are a downgrade from the LE art blades, but it's your machine.

#2372 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The balls spilling out if the van is s cool moment. Reminds me of the of what Borg did with Indiana Jones and the balls spilling out of the ark. However after seeing it a million times it loses its luster.
I bet a smart person will figure out how to mod a diverter onto the pro. Shouldn't be too hard to buy the premium ramp and put your own driven diverter onto it. Since its player controller you dont need to hack into the code to make it talk to the game. Just add a button (on the cabinet side instead of the lockdown bar).

The ramp is the hard part. Once you have ramps with crossover ability (aka, an open area between them), you can craft a plastic/nylon passive diverter that alternates the ball path based solely on the ball rolling over it.

#2405 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I'm in for a premium but going to change the T-Molding to green. To me I think it looks far better than the red.
[quoted image]

For sure the green T-molding is more on-brand. I'd definitely change it out, too.

#2410 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ll just set this here...
Konami 1992 vs Stern 2020
[quoted image]

The Stern one is like Drac-April with those radically upturned collars.

I mean, come ON @Xaqery, isn't this embarrassing? Have your art guys trace it if they have to. To have such a great overall package dragged down by such terrible art on a prominent character is a shame. The POCKETS on her outfit are even wrong. You still have time to fix it. 2020 Stern has 4x the resolution 1992 Konami did to work with and somehow Stern's still looks washed out and just completely...wrong.

TMNT_April_Comparison (resized).jpgTMNT_April_Comparison (resized).jpg

Taking @Eskaybee's comparison one step further, compared to the original cartoon, ALL the April art shown in the Stern pin still blows. April sometimes pops her collar in the cartoon, but they don't stand straight up like dracula's cape. She's also STACKED. Much more than I remember. Obvious in the capture from the first episode of the cartoon I used above. While the original and Konami game renditions are close, the Stern one looks like a completely different person we don't know drawn by an anatomy-challenged artist that thinks boobs are like sandbags, so they just left them off the character.

#2411 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Are pro’s still shipping mid June? May get one, just need to pick a distributor.

Supposedly. Short Pro run June, LEs July, Prem Late July/Early Aug. Socially distanced line stations are supposedly going to slow output until Stern figures out how to work well within the new station restrictions.

#2416 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Game changer. Yep the bright green “Galaxian” moulding now makes me think I met get the premium rather than the pro. Thanks so much for posting. Anybody ever taken old t-molding out? Would hate to ruin the machine. Start from back of backbox and go slow?

Easy-peasy. Just do it.

Add a blowdryer to soften the molding up a bit and it's even easier.

#2469 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

when/which was the last pin having a REAL code difference in LE version vs PRO ?
i remember TRON, the LE have the DAFT PUNK multiball not available on the PRO

Stranger things, aerosmith. Stranger things you can get 3x with Prem/LE. Aerosmith you could get a double of double scoring (4x scoring) if you had the upper PF on the Prem/LE the Pro could only do a regular double.

#2483 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

They could repurpose unsold BKSoR toppers and turn them into talking Shredder heads.... just saying.

Shredder would look wimpy with a feather on his head.

#2514 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

What database are you referring to? It’s everywhere I see

Go here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine

Search for "teenage" or "turtles" etc. All you'll find is the Data East one.

This omission also affects people's ability to add "for sale" ads to the marketplace. If you look at the dealer ads with NIB TMNT pins for sale, they're all linked to the wrong one, the Data East one, because the Stern one isn't in the database.

#2534 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Don’t know if xaqery has mentioned this, but in the versus would be really cool to be able to steal multiballs or put bad toppings on other turtles pizzas or steal toppings.

Ah, the jjPotC plunder paradigm...that would be very entertaining based on my experience with it on jjPotC.

#2541 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Does anybody know the build schedule? Pros, Premiums and LEs?

They're finishing up a JP run, then first TMNT Pros start boxing Friday. LEs beginning of July. Premium end of July, Pros again in August.

EDIT 6/10: New JPs have been shipping this week, so the schedule seems to be on track.

#2547 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I went in on a premium because of the diverter and turtle van lock. Premium/LE are supposed to be the “full game as the designer envisioned”, also, I regret not going for a premium on Ghostbusters and don’t want to do that again.

Why live with a decision you regret? Just sell your GB Pro and buy a HUO GB Prem or LE. The cost gap will likely be even less than when they were new. The Premium version of GB is way bettter than the Pro, IMO. Make the change and leave the regret behind.

#2549 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

The pro was my first NIB and machine. I love it, don’t get me wrong, but if I could do over. I’m happy enough with it for now, maybe one day I’ll venture to do that swap. Not to mention I’ve decked the thing out, including your color inserts before the code overhaul.

Bah. Just strip out the upgrades you love and move them right over to the Premium. No time like the present to be happier.

(And thank you for your support. )

#2552 3 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

If you are thinking of doing the premium on TMNT, you might as well splurge on the LE at that point. Otherwise, just get the pro. There simply isn’t enough of a difference between the pro and premium.

I dunno. People are underestimating that variable-speed bi-directional disc on the premium, but it creates a LOT more ball action on jjPotC, so I wouldn't discount it. Plus the balls piling out of the van is cool...

#2556 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Plus there are LE only buyers out there in the future that will pay premium for your LE down the road, if it is a good title and TMNT is in that category.
In Oz, we have a guy advertising he will pay $24,000.00 for a Tron LE, for example. So far he has no takers, lol.

I wouldn't bank on future value as part of the decision. Most LEs decline in value, or at the very least do not appreciate. For every breakout Tron LE or jjPotC LE there's an Transformers LE, Avengers LE, WWE LE, XMEN LE, Hobbit LE, etc etc.

#2586 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys what would people recommend for shooter lane protection?

At the very least mylar. Cliffy if you can swing it.

#2613 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unless their production is at a crawl due to covid, they should ship in June easily.

Supposedly the COVID considerations for the stations to minimize potential infection exposure is cutting their output from 50-70 per day to 20-30. But they just got restarted like 10 days ago, so hopefully they can get closer to normal output as they work through the new normal.

#2617 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

The wait is killing me! First pinball table so I'm itching to get it while I'm stuck at home all summer.
Itching enough that I'm considering canceling the TMNT deposit and going straight for Deadpool Pro with plans to add TMNT later!

Deadpool is awesome and the code is pretty mature, but if you're going to make the change, get the Premium. Waiting until TMNT's been out for a while as you enjoy the proven awesomeness of Deadpool Premium would not be a bad plan.

#2628 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I'm a little disappointed that I can't fit functionally get the game into my house with the box. I picked up my Wonka from the factory in NJ, but had to take it sans box. This TMNT is likely coming unboxed from my distributor to effectively get it moved from the delivery location to my home. I have a 5-year-old so I kind of want the box as an easy play fort for her.
So pumped to start seeing these games get into the homes of collectors, and, soon thereafter, on location.

If you have the dist slide the box off, it can be collapsed into something that should fit in your vehicle. Fort saved.

#2630 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

In this instance, wouldn't it be a lair?

Maybe his daughter isn't a fan and wants a fort instead.

#2641 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I sure as hell am excited to play one!
Anyone know when they will be shipping?

Sounds like late this week or early next.

#2647 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. The only person that does that is in prison.

Not anymore. He was released early (unless he's back in and I didn't hear about it). Talk about LIGHT SENTENCE.

EDIT: HOLY Crap. He's back IN? That's what the record seems to indicate now. Plus this facility has a COVID-19 outbreak, so it's not looking good...

Trudeau-Record_2020-06-15 (resized).jpgTrudeau-Record_2020-06-15 (resized).jpg

#2654 3 years ago

The masks they're wearing are a LOT less effective if their noses are out of them.

I notice a lot of them have glasses and they're likely doing this because the mask is fogging their glasses. Stern needs to have a safety meeting with them and give them an insert strip (or folded kleenex works) to go under the top edge. This stops the warm moist breath from escaping the top and fogging your glasses when wearing a mask properly.
2020_06_15_Stern_Masks (resized).jpg2020_06_15_Stern_Masks (resized).jpg

#2661 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

We had a week of hot temps recently. Trying to breath with a proper N95 felt like a bag was over head. The choice was to slow down or cheat the mask a little.

None of the ones I see in the Stern pics are N-95. They're just standard barrier type masks. Not nearly as restricted as a non-vented N-95. Pretty sure it's because of fogging, which is addressible if someone shows them how.

#2666 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It says Jason Pro on the playfield?
[quoted image]

Production shipment schedule. June/July, August, Sept, Oct, Nov. It's a big title.

#2667 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Yeah, those masks stylin'. You're on track with fogging of the eye-wear too.

The last thing I want is a COVID-19 outbreak at Stern (and god-forbid any fatalities) leading to another shutdown while they address it. Proper mask wearing will help stave that off...

#2674 3 years ago

You shouldn't use internet tropes/memes if you don't know what they mean, because you end up using them wrong and looking foolish.

#2676 3 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

I find another member of this forum being critical of how others wear a mask based on still shots from a moment in time, without knowing the full circumstances: what was the internal temperature in the factory?

Doesn't matter. It obviously was fine for others. It's a SAFETY ISSUE, like not wearing a hardhat in a construction zone, except THIS ONE can kill many people, and not just one.

Quoted from LewisD:

Do the employees in question have respiratory or other medical issues?

If they do have medical factors like this, they are especially susceptable to a life-threatening COVID-19 infection if exposed and they should not be out of their house and in close contact with others while the virus is still spreading. This is basic stuff.

Quoted from LewisD:

If the Pinside knitting circle is now the pandemic enforcement task force, I’ll just call the Illinois Department of Health in the morning and tell them to shut it all down, because Vireland sees exposed noses!

Ok, Karen. <----correct contextual usage. Bookmark this post for future reference.

#2677 3 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

Foolish? You are the one spending your time examining social media for employees with exposed noses.
You even put in arrows. Arrows. Don’t you have something better to do?

The irony of the question in this post doubles back in itself forever.

#2682 3 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Switching shells, checkout these shooter rods from tilt graphics. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The turtle shooter rods look pretty cool, but Shredder looks like, well, he'd shred your hand with those angular edges.

#2699 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I was thinking yellow/red or yellow/green depending on your t-molding.

Or green flippers with rubber the color of your favorite turtle.

#2746 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Well I got this email from Marco.. so they're planning on doing an unboxing on 6/25. My distributor told me that my TMNT Pro would not be ready to be picked up until mid-July most likely [quoted image]

So, maybe that means Pros 1st part until end of June, LEs until the middle of July, Pros 2nd part for a week or two, then Premiums end of July into Aug then finish out Pros?

#2795 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I hope that helps some. Good Luck!

Any chance this will have Midnight Madness in the future, or is that dead like Star Wars? I saw you said on the stream it doesn't have it currently.

Midnight Madness is one of the best things you do. Sucks that you had to take it out of Star Wars.

#2798 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

There are no plans to add Midnight Madness to Turtles. Sorry.

Very_Sad_Raphael.gifVery_Sad_Raphael.gif
#2806 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Just curious, why was it removed from Star Wars?

No idea. I assume is was a licensor approval thing, but maybe they were out of space? It's one of the bigger filesets (the biggest?) Stern has for their pins.

Whatever the reason, it sucked to have it taken out and now find out that TMNT won't have it, either. The TMNT one could be epic.

#2809 3 years ago
Quoted from Nickson:

Does anyone know if munsters has a midnight madness mode?

Munsters has perhaps the best theme integration of any Midnight Madness Dwight has ever done. It's fantastic. Which is especially ironic given how terrible the rest of the game is...

#2811 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve been saying for months retheme the black knight topper into shredder, put beebop and roxsteady over each shoulder instead of the fire gates on black knight.

Or you could put Beebop and Rocksteady on rotating thick printed plexi so they can be changed out for two other characters as needed by flipping them around. Lots of possibilities, but it's a shame to waste the animated black knight head on a pin not many will see. TMNT will have a much wider audience.

#2820 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I found some mousers to place around the playfield. What do y’all think about it? [quoted image]

Hard to tell the scale from that picture, which will be the important consideration.

#2827 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

When are these shipping?

Pros this week, mostly to operators/locations from what's been said. LEs first week of July. Prem Mid July onward. Pros for home August.

#2838 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

So weird question. I'm in the final stages of restoring my IJ. (all that's left is the art, some wood filler, the shooter lane, and powdercoating) but had a question - After about a dozen games or so I will keep getting errors for Left ramp and Right ramp made (I've cleaned the optos tons of times and adjusted them) I just factory reset the game and the game plays fine again. Any thoughts?
Second question - When you start a new game, is the post on the drawbridge supposed to be up at the beginning? For the right ramp? Mine always starts in the up position, and if I hit the right ramp when PoA isn't lit it just lowers and lets the ball through. I didn't know if it's always supposed to be down UNLESS PoA is lit. Just some questions I've had while I finish up.

Probably better to put these in a indy tech thread, but you have a regular switch problem, not an opto. Ramps often have one switch that tells the machine a ball entered a ramp and another that triggers when the ball exits the other end. The EXIT switch is your problem.

Either you need to adjust the switch blade up or maybe you just didn't plug them back in when you put the ramps back on. There's a sub miniature switch where the plastic ramp turns into the habitrail on each ramp. THAT is the one that tells the machine you completed the ramp. It's also the one that's not registering. The reason it "fixes" it for a while is it takes some time for the game to decide it's not triggering and tell you it's not working.

#2852 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The days of LEs selling out are over, there are always LEs knocking about with distributors these days, you could still grab an LE for the mighty JP.

jjPotC says "hi."

NIB CEs are over 20k now. USED LEs are selling for 12k-14k, which is at or more than what a new CE sold for last year.

It does happen, but it has always been a rare thing. No way to know ahead of time which LE will "hit" and odds are massively against you if you take that bet since so few actually do.

#2897 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Topper lighting effects added. Wonder how long until they reveal what the topper looks like.

My exact thought as well. Wondered if I had missed the topper reveal somehow. Not hopeful it's much more than the Jurassic Park plexi one, though.

#2902 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that 2 player cocktail just a drink stand now?

#2992 3 years ago

Has anyone else had the video crash? At the end of one ball, it took a REALLY long time to clear the screen, then when it did, the screen went black in the center, and no backgrounds updated for the rest of the game. Points and message flags updated and animated over the black area, but the background in the center of the frame remained black with some white noise dots. Reported it, but it was strange...

TMNT_Video_Crash_2020_07_03 (resized).jpgTMNT_Video_Crash_2020_07_03 (resized).jpg

I also don't like how some of the lighting effects black out (or pulse slowly all the way to off then back) everything including GI. One of them turns everything off just after it lets the ball go on the left return, and you need to make the right ramp shot, so suddenly I'm playing Tommy and have to make the shot blind. They need to leave a little of the GI on for those that play in a dark room (or locations like bars).

#2994 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I haven't seen that happen yet on mine. The only bug I can see is that sometimes one of the balls that is staged up in the turtle van will release so I will have two balls during single ball play. Maybe happened 5 games out of the total 30 or so we played last night.

It's obviously super-rare because it happened once in probably 100 games. I wish I had been paying closer attention to what was going on when it happened, but it was unexpected, so I didn't really remember what was running when the screen froze then crashed.

The arrow in the rollover lanes will also disappear when you make the skill shot up there until you move the "made" arrow with your flipper buttons. Not all the time, but often.

#2997 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Yes this happened to me on stock software 1.00. then I upgraded to 1.00.4 and haven't seen it again, it was an annoying bug though. Same experience as you, only happened once in about one hundred games. Seems like a purely software issue that could be worked out in a future release.

Yeah, I'm sure it's software, I just wish I was paying closer attention to what was going on when it happened so I could give Xaqery more clues to find/fix it.

#2998 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So what are your first impressions?

I like it, but it's very early days. I'm still not totally clear on all aspects of the gameplay, and making TMNT multiball happen just because you hit a ramp 4 times seems really lame. Once I figured out that hitting both ramps qualified the Start Episode, I made a lot better progress. I've been 1 episode away from what I think is Technodrome (the biggest mode light) a few times now.

That 3rd flipper ramp is a huge bitch to hit reliably, though. The fact that there's an inner loop right next to is is design trolling, IMO. So disappointing to think you finally are gonna make the ramp shot from the ball rocketing around the top and down and end up hitting the inner loop right next to it instead. Grrrr...

Don't mind the voices overall. However, Krang is voiced very one-note compared to the real deal, which gets irritating after a while. He's all flaming high speech without the lower part of his speaking voice that sounded like Lionel Twain from Murder by Death.

#3000 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I agree that the two multiball modes need to be made a bit more challenging to get to, but Dwight has already said he's working on this.

Did he? I missed that, but it's great to hear. The way they are set up now is dull. That said, I'm still amazed that we got a Stern that's pretty complete at launch. That hasn't happened since Iron Maiden, and before that I can't remember when.

#3003 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Didn’t Star Wars have 3 colour GI’s on Pro?

White, Red, Blue. Yep.

#3005 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

You are right. I was remembering that wrong. I thought it was a Premium/LE feature.

I only know that because it stands out on the Pro with the red/blue lightsaber battle. The only cool thing about the otherwise boring Pro.

#3007 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

vireland how are your insert mods coming? Any other mods planned?

Turtle Power's done and in the store. The mode inserts are a two-piece set because there's a large area and a bunch of mode lights. It's up there with X-Men for the biggest I've done. I should have that one in the store with pictures in a day or two, but here's what the right side one looks like on the board (the left one not shown spans two circuit boards):
right-side-TMNT (resized).jpgright-side-TMNT (resized).jpg

Since "Cowabunga" is a comic speech bubble my current thinking is to leave that one white so it stays looking like a comic speech bubble.

The horrible white flashers aimed straight at your face on the ramps can be fixed with existing flasher domes that come in other colors, so not doing those.

#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Munsters was feature complete at launch I believe.

CALLING Munsters feature complete and pretending it's actually complete are two different things.

GB was missing the wizard mode on the score card for more than two years, and riddled with frequently-occuring bugs.

Star Wars was not ok for about 6 months, if I remember right.

#3012 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Here's the topside with all the mode inserts color-coded to match the rings around the formerly-white mode inserts. Technodrome (the large insert) is a color similar to the laser beam on the playfield art.
Mode_Inserts_600x (resized).jpgMode_Inserts_600x (resized).jpg

#3017 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Nice when can I order this is a must

Should be in the pinmonk pinside store by the end of the week.

#3018 3 years ago

Okay, did some more TMNT coil temp testing (bottom 2 only, but I may end up testing the third flipper at some point. The coils on TMNT do get pretty hot, but not nearly as fast as Stranger Things, so maybe the coils are being pulsed differently? I've definitely verified that the left ramp backhand becomes impossible with the coil temp around 125-127 degrees. I can make it about 1 out of 3 times before that point. After it hits that temp, I can make it 0% of the time.

I played multiple games totaling 36 minutes with no breaks and the coil temps were around 145 degrees and just starting to feel generally fade-y. Until that point I only noticed it on the left ramp backhand. If I had played another game for another 10 minutes or so, I should have been into the 150s with very obvious fade on both flippers. I'll try to get a solid hour on it by the end of the week and see if I can do that.

Cooling fans are installed and wired up so once I have some un-cooled data, I can flip the switch and turn them on to see what kind of performance I get with active cooling. I expect it to be similar to the STh data, where it's near impossible to break 100 degrees with the cooling on. We'll see.

#3037 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Do you sell these? I’d consider getting a set for this and TNA.

I will be shortly. Waiting on the wiring harnesses to arrive. The brackets are done and tested in Stranger Things and TMNT. I don't have a TNA, so I'd probably need a picture and some measurements to make sure one of the two bracket designs I have work, or if they don't make a third style.

Once I started testing Stranger Things, I was shocked at how hot the coils got. I think there's a lot of subtle coil fade happening on a number of games in the 125-135F range of longish or serial games that people don't even realize is coil fade and not them. I intend to temp-test all the Stern Spikes that come through here now.

#3039 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Vire is this a new thing with the coils Stern are using? Have they changed brand etc? I remember playing a lot of my SAMs for hours with no issues and I hammer my BM66 and don’t seem to notice any issues with loss of flipper power, kinda curious what your take is since you’ve been looking at it.

Short answer, I don't know. I only pulled out the probes and started testing the coils on Stranger Things because of the issues people were having with the TK lock on long games and after serial games, which sounded like fade to me. Turns out, it was. But the temps really surprised me - Stranger Things was greater than 157 degrees when it hit the limit of my probe (and at that point the fade was undeniable).

I was surprised no one had gathered temp data once I had that result, so I decided to do it for all the Sterns that pass through here, so I have data for STh and TMNT now, and will be doing Iron Maiden (which I've definitely felt fade on in the past, but that was before measuring coil temps hit me) soon. STh DEFINITELY benefits from the active cooling of the fan kit. TMNT is more subtle and I would say optional. The only thing I absolutely noticed when the coils heat up on TMNT is I can't backhand the left ramp anymore. Can at the start of the game, can't after a while.

Also, when the coils are in the 125-135 range the effect on gameplay can be pretty subtle, you "miss" or "deflect" or "rattle" shots that you should make, but you think it's your bad timing and not the machine, when it may be the machine because the coils have hit a certain temp and the effect is still subtle enough that it doesn't yet feel like straight up fade, when it is, it's just the beginnings of it.

Anyway, it's a pretty interesting set of data no one was gathering. I'll keep sharing as I test more Spike machines.

#3041 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Quick video on dry rotted post rubbers in n.i.b. TMNT PRO...

Are you sure? I think those are just the plastic-like post sleeves Stern uses.

#3048 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I've noticed coil fade on both Guardians and Ghostbusters during extended play times when I had them.

I think it's probably a thing on all of them, but some are only subtly affected so people think they just missed a shot or didn't hit it cleanly. I hope to test temps on all the Spike machines eventually. Probably find that they can all benefit from active coil cooling.

#3050 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Sounds like you got a bunch of time on this one...how does the gameplay stack up to JP? Im somewhat concerned the shots are tighter. And lots of misses on that left ramp when the pizza disc is moving. But co-op mode looks really cool.

I haven't really been playing to play, but rather trying to get as much multiball as possible to see how hot the coils get over time. So it's not really representative gameplay. That said, I like the game, but that 3rd flipper ramp is a BITCH. More often than not, I end up hitting the inner loop instead of the ramp when I want to. There's also quite a bit of optimizing that needs to be done to the lightshows. Right now there are a number of sequences where the lights draw down to completely off, then back up. It's not just the inserts, it's ALL of them, including GI. The problem is, the timing ends up that the ball is headed to the lower left flipper or the upper left flipper (depending on the light show/shot) RIGHT as I need to SEE THE BALL to make a shot. So if you play in a darker or dark room, essentially it's turned into TMNT:Tommy edition, no fan blinder necessary.

I think that kind of stuff will get worked out, though. Right now, I would say Deadpool is better for a goofy pin. But remember, I *hated* Deadpool until about 8 months after release when the code was polished and stacking/mechsuit multiball was added. I will say that 1-2-3 foot HAS to go in its current incarnation. WAY too frequent and annoying. It also would be nice to stack it with battles rather than having it interrupt battles.

#3051 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Mode insert bracket set so the inserts match the art ring around each one is in the pinside pinmonk store now.

Turtle Power bracket was already there earlier in the week.

Mode_Inserts_Before_After_800x (resized).jpgMode_Inserts_Before_After_800x (resized).jpgturtle_power_before_after (resized).jpgturtle_power_before_after (resized).jpg

#3055 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Most, if not all pinball games are going to suffer from flipper fade as the coils warm up. SAM games will even blow a transistor if you hold the flipper long enough. Dirty, intermittent EOS switches can really make the problem bad. A warm coil is normal. A hot coil you can't keep your finger on is bad.
Rob

From my tests with the probes, as long as the EOS is working on Spike, the flipper hold pulses will not keep heating the coils (or only fractionally at best), which was a surprise to me. It's the full power mode for moving the flippers that is the heat culprit.

#3057 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah cause you said the main culprit for the heat increase is consistently flipping, not holding for long periods right?

Yes. I was surprised at that. Initially I wanted to just put the flipper on and leave them at hold to see how hot they could get. That did not work. Hold doesn't heat them up that much. The flipping, which is a full power pulse, is what does it. More flipping, faster heating. So I just had to play them and watch the temps rise as I was actually playing.

2 weeks later
#3086 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

First pic is darker.
Not (only) the print but the camera shot, just look at the inserts.

Yeah, you can make the first picture look like the second by just cranking the brightness. The jeweled white inserts are the giveaway on the overly-bright one.

#3089 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just spoke with the guy. You are wrong. He is telling me the print quality on his playfield is not even close to his friends.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

All I can say is turning up the brightness levels on your first pic made is look almost exactly like the second "bad" one. But if there's an actual playfield issue, have him contact his distributor and get if fixed.

#3090 3 years ago

So did some more coil temperature testing on TMNT today. The coils on it can definitely exceed 150 degrees, but it takes much longer than Stranger Things to get there. With the fans off, I played for about 40 minutes straight, trying to get every multiball I could, as fast as I could, to get it to 151 degrees with obvious fade being felt from about 130ish on (I notice it most on the backhand to the left ramp) and this time once it got over 150 on the main coils I was also feeling fade on the upper left flipper with a lot of rollback rejects. Unfortunately I wasn't measuring the upper coil, so I'm not sure what the temp was on it, but I would guess 135+ based on the feel.

Turned the fans on and while still playing the coil temp shed 35 degrees in less than 3 minutes. They definitely work.

I have some out with beta testers right now with the actual wiring harnesses, brackets and fans so pretty sure these are very close to being released. I've made a raised mount that angles down onto the coil so it should be a universal fit now.

#3092 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Thanks. He is calling on Monday. Loves the game just not the playfield compared to his friends. Better pic.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's not any better. It's way too tight on the art. It needs to be pulled back and max res so it can be zoomed in. But it doesn't matter, really. He can work it out with his dist, who will need better pics anyway.

#3094 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is there a price on these?

Not yet. I'm waiting to finalize the wire harness (I am going to increase the gauge of the wire a bit since the factory sample wiring harnesses need a little more heft, and I also may add a little length). The harness supports 2 coils, and the vast majority of kits will probably be the 2 coil one, but I've made the harness modular, so you can get a 4 coil set (if you have upper flippers) and everything snaps together.

I had to change the bracket design to raised off the playfield underside because depending on the game, sometimes there's a lot of crap like lights, etc packed close to the flipper coils. So rather than having to custom design a bracket for every other pin, I'm pretty sure now that the raised design will fit on all or the vast majority of spike pins, so that's the one I've settled on. If I find a spike machine where it won't work, I can make a custom bracket for that one pin. Should save a lot of work, and cools about the same.

The kit is:
2 x 40 x 40 fans (same as in the Spike 500W power supply quiet fan plug n play kits)
2 x Angled Fan Brackets
4 x Longer screws to mount bracket through flipper coil plate holes
4 x Mounting screw for fan into bracket
4 x Mounting nut for fan into bracket
1 x 1A Fused multi-segment modular wiring harness with two fan connectors

New style raised, angled bracket
Angled_Mount_Small (resized).jpgAngled_Mount_Small (resized).jpg

Older, abandoned low bracket design
cool-kit-right (resized).jpgcool-kit-right (resized).jpg

#3096 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nice useful mod vireland . Guessing these will also work on Soooky games? My TNA could definitely use them and I’m guessing R&M also.

I would have to make a wiring harness specifically for Spooky games, but since they have a dedicated AUX power supply, it's an easier proposition. I don't know how Spooky manages their coil pulsing - do they have fade? I haven't played one long enough to notice it.

#3099 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I’d be happy to test on my TNA as well. They can get really hot when I stream that game for over an hour

Can you PM me a picture of the flipper area under the PF on each side so I can see what the clearances are like?

I need to get the Spike kit done and out first, but I can work on Spooky next if there's a need (and it sounds like there is).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.00
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Panama City Beach, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.