20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrawesome44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#640 3 years ago

TMNT might be the only time Stern gets me to pony up the cash for a NIB LE.

#695 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If that is true, I am sorry to hear that, I am out.
Edit: Based Dwight’s track record of finishing games: ghostbusters, Munsters, etc. hope you don’t experience this.

I don't blame anyone who would be leery of Dwight's recent track history. Munsters and Star wars would have easily doubled the amount of sales if not for code. Look at how long it took Deadpool to rebound in terms of sales and popularity because of the garbage code at launch. Will people buy tmnt absolutely but overall success is dependent on what Dwight does with code

1 week later
#766 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's true, I forgot about that. TMNT is Borg too right? Maybe he just keeps letting them get bigger and bigger each time, GOTG looks smaller than the new big ones.
I know it's cool to bash on Stern for cost cutting, and maybe that's truly all it is, but I do feel like Stern has kinda joined this general trend in gaming about dumbing down some features of games to let new players feel like things are easy. Big ol' targets on the sides that fill up the inserts, and if you can just flail around and keep the ball alive long enough to you're bound to spell one of the words, or both, and get whatever that gives you.
In a different but related vein they're doing the video stuff to show you how to plunge etc too. It could all be a program to try and get location play to reward casual players more?
Data East, long before Stern, had the pity multiball on ball 3, kind of the same sort of idea. Give you something for your quarter, even if you're not really any good.

It's cool and rightfully so to bash on stern because they keep ripping stuff out of games, and lowering the quality control but the price keeps going up. Stern has long said targets especially drop-downs are costly. It's not for new players its to save a dollar. Look at all the games stern released after Munsters. Aside from Elvira none of those games scream new player friendly. Code is whats going to make or break tmnt.

#1125 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Just as I said, I want Stern to make sure they are the ones controlling the information, not a bunch of low-rent "journalists". Ars Technica, IGN, etc. are real, trusted news sources, and while they may be leaning towards a blog-style with some articles, they still maintain a journalistic integrity and generally staff people who are proven or who have at the very least gone to school for journalism and understand what "journalistic integrity" means. You talk about how you wouldn't leak stuff, and there is a reason for that. You understand the process and what it can do to a career when a source stops trusting you. But Stern doesn't seem to give a damn who leaks what, and the only people that suffer for that are the people who are actually interested in their product.
These podcasts and blogs don't carry that same attitude and responsibility and so they say and do whatever they want. I know a lot of these leaks end up coming from distros as well, and I'm yet again left wondering why it is that distro's even need to see this information before anyone else? So they can put up a product page on their websites? Be "informed"? I've never met a distro who won't take my money when I say "I want this", so it's completely moot.
I respect Stern as well, which is why I give a damn.

IGN? Journalistic integrity? IGN is the biggest shill for the video game industry. They’ve even been found guilty of plagiarizing other people numerous times. They will glamorize any product as long they continue to get benefits from companies.

#1128 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

That's fair, I agree there. But the point remains.

I agree with his point as well. I just wouldn’t include ign with term journalistic integrity

That being said. It’s absolutely crazy how much more effort went into tmnt vs stranger things.

#1492 3 years ago

For those complaining about the mono targets. Stranger things has drop targets that add so little to the game. Like it's laughable how much more is in ninja turtles than the last 2 games. I'll take mono targets and whats in ninja turtles versus drop targets and whats not in stranger things any day of the week.

f07501f919d0f298eaab9752d857b1ec71939a4d (resized).jpgf07501f919d0f298eaab9752d857b1ec71939a4d (resized).jpg
#1635 3 years ago

I have to give stern props. I'm a huge Ninja turtles fan and I've seen every iteration they've turned into and I have to say this looks amazing. I never thought this day would come but they got a NIB purchase out of me.

#1740 3 years ago

For those complaining about lack of assets and original theme song. It's very simple you ready for the answer? The same reason the original theme is not in arcade 1up machines. It's cause Nick didn't want it in the game. Nick sent the theme they wanted in the game to Stern. At this point I doubt Nick or Stern is gonna come on pinside, read people upset about lack of original theme and think "Damn no theme? Welp guess this game is unsellable

#2120 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's the year 2020, and people still think they can buy pinballs with some kind of expectation that they'll get more than what they paid for.
Say it loud for the people in the back, buy games for what they are, not for what you hope they'll be. You have nobody to blame but yourself if your hopes and dreams don't become reality after handing over the cash. If you're not sure, simply wait before buying to see what comes. It's not that hard.
Let's check the notes:

Huh, nothing about deep code and continuous updates in there. How strange.
Just admit it, you were too excited to wait and see how the game developed and bought it sight unseen with expectations that weren't actually based on anything real, and now you're mad because your own impatience made you unhappy.
Dwight doesn't "owe" anyone anything. There were no promises made or broken. He's a nice guy, I've talked to him, I've read his extensive posts on thoughtful pinball design. He really doesn't deserve the personal bashing childish people keep dishing at him because they can't take responsibility for their own decisions. He posted in this thread already, he's clearly reading everything.
Dwight, I'm sorry you have to put up with this stuff, and while I'm sure you're used to it, there's really no excuse for it.
I made a personal remark about Lonnie once here. Called him lazy or something, I dunno, it was dumb. Well he read it and I hurt his feelings, and I found out about it. So I had an hour long phone call with him, where I apologized, and learned quite a lot about how business at Stern really works. I ended up ashamed of my childish behavior. Don't be like that, we can be better.
Nothing wrong with having an opinion, but there's no excuse for making it personal and nasty when we know the people you're talking about are reading.

History has shown Lonnie takes a long time on code and Dwight's last 3 games weren't received very well. So i'm struggling to see why they are upset about people bashing them. Stranger Things was barren at launch again proving everyone's point. Dwight with TMNT has an opportunity to prove everyone wrong and it looks like its going well so far.

#2210 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Interesting that here in Australia, TMNT LE has sold out almost instantly, at a whopping price of $14,500.00. Very hot property indeed. Congratulations Stern team! How are TMNT LE sales in the USA? Be very thankful, you only pay $8,800 street price. Almost half price, what a deal in the US. I know, exchange rate, but it wasn’t that long ago when the Auzzie buck was worth more than the USD. Oh for those days again.

$8800 Street price? I'd love to meet a reputable dealer who would sell me one at that price

#2268 3 years ago

Quick question. What would be the easiest way to remove the art blades? I want to swap them with mirror blades

#2270 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Get a Premium instead, install mirror blades.

Sorry not interested in a premium. Planning on doing the same to my deadpool Le as well

#2295 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think side art on saturated games like tmnt and DP is way too much as well and much prefer mirror blades BUT if you’re getting the LE and basically removing one of the unique offerings, not only is that a waste but for any future owner, if you were to sell, that’s a loss for them too.

I hate art blades and all of my games i've ever owned sans deadpool had them. Nothing more than that. I plan to neatly take them off and store them somewhere. If i can fit the mirrors over the art blades without removing the art ill do that instead

#2297 3 years ago

Does anyone know any dealers with LE stock left?

#2365 3 years ago

Want to give a huge thanks to everyone who helped me. I was able to buy one of the remaining left LE's.

#2526 3 years ago

What would people recommend for speaker lights? Speaker light kits is sold out of the type 13's

#2559 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I went in on a premium because of the diverter, turtle van lock and 8 ball multi ball. Premium/LE are supposed to be the “full game as the designer envisioned”, also, I regret not going for a premium on Ghostbusters and don’t want to do that again.
I prefer to do my own powder coating, side blades and all of that. The only thing an LE would add that I would want is the shaker and HD glass.

Right there with you. I bought an tmnt Le but im still debating on if i'm going to remove the art blades and depending on how the powdercoat looks in person i might redo the colors when i get my speaker cover and rails done

#2585 3 years ago

Hey guys what would people recommend for shooter lane protection?

#2595 3 years ago

Does anyone have any ideas on how a playfield protector would work with the pizza spinning disc? I was planning on buying a protector but then i remembered about the disc.

#2603 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

There is prob a cut out for it but save yourself the hassle as the protector will make it play differently. I wouldn't buy one.

I had a protector on my mmr and I couldn’t tell the difference but then again I’m more of a casual player.

Sterns playfields over the last few games have been very hit or miss and after witnessing the qc nightmare on stranger things. Any newer stern I buy new or used is getting a protector.

1 week later
#2834 3 years ago
Quoted from BlueFlame:

i assume that sternpinball only supplies to businesses because of quality assurance. This way you can identify quality defects and any defects on the playing fields and improve them in the production of LE and Prem.

I guarantee you will get the same shitty quality playfield no matter what stage of the assembly line. My bar had the last 2 games by stern Elvira/Stranger things and boy were those playfields toasted.

#2847 3 years ago

Sucks to see LE's being Scalped already

#2873 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Belgium Stern Distributor High Voltage Pinball has received their TMNT: (Posted on Stern's Facebook)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man even for a pro that playfield is packed. Hard to believe it's being made by Stern Pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Panama City Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrawesome44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.