20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerptsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1127 3 years ago

Stern JP is supposed to use JP2 or JP3 depending on who you talk to but its so good that I've noticed it's usually just JP and the old one has been resigned to DE JP.
I think if a game is good enough it gets the better acronym. Time will tell but I'd guess this one start to get referred to as TMNT and the old one will just be DE TMNT.

#1131 3 years ago

Help raise money for this little boy's affliction. He is chronically addicted to pinball. With your support we can get him the life saving TMNT he needs. Call now. Operators are standing by.
(Disney World, Florida 1990)

Resized_20200518_131952 (resized).jpgResized_20200518_131952 (resized).jpg
#1153 3 years ago

Is see Funhouse and Tron in the layout. Xmen disc, Star trek away team flipper hideout, Yes...Musters banks, phurba diverter...I mean, these may not be new things but it seems.like they put a lot in there. I'm.actually very excited to see gameplay. I'd hoped for a more comic look than the cartoon but meh. My main concern is the downgrade to pro. Whats missing? Not only are premiums out of my range but I just dont get a chance to even play many on location where I live

#1154 3 years ago

If the pro has no actual diverter and no spinning pizza it's such a big pass.
I know its insanely unlikely now but I still hoping the funhouse layout means there is a trap door/sewer in that loop we arent seeing.
Also I may have ordered pizza for dinner tonight. Needed to be done.

#1158 3 years ago

Idk. I think Rarehero made some valid points about online play. I dont think he was ragging on p3 really. No multiporphic hype threads though.

And stop trying to compare Cosmic cart racing to Mario Kart. Its embarrassing. You can just say cart racing. We get it. It's an existing genre in video games.

#1190 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And toilet too.

It deserved one. I sold my junkyard after a month. Go so bored of that clunker so fast. Fun theme but unless you have 40 other games to play its just a big ol waste of space.
Stupid Bob and his stupid dog lol.

#1445 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

COMPARE[quoted image]

It may have already been discussed. I'm catching up.
Is there something going on in the shooter lane area we arent seeing? The Turtle head plastic is in a different location (meaning a different bracket that I dont see Stern making needlessly) there is also clearly a gate on the premium but no obviously visible one on the pro. This pro is pretty stripped down. No Elwin pro that's for sure. Super pumped to watch gameplay tonight.

20200527_140840 (resized).jpg20200527_140840 (resized).jpg
#1450 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'd have to assume the new song and voices are due to licensing. And I know those guys that voiced them in the 80's aren't still doing the voices.

But I want Uncle Phil to be Shredder.
R.I.P.

#1547 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks for the podcast update. That pretty much confirms the same redone garbage for the theme song used in 1up arcade is the one used here (paging rarehero - if you hated that one, you'll need to hate this one).
I'm fine with that but don't be dicks and block pinbrowser from replacing that garbage. Also - Stern....don't say you're using the ORIGINAL theme and then give us this redone nonsense. False advertising.
Otherwise, the rest of the sounds/music seem good from what I can tell - but that's a big bummer with the BS theme.
I'm curious what this 4 levels of travel are on Premium vs the pro. The diverter does nothing for me but if for some reason there are more MBs or the premium has more ramps, that would be something but not from what I can tell.
Def not the homerun I was hoping for but they checked enough of the critical boxes for me to go in on a pro. Really excited to see it tonight. Hopefully both are shown.

I can deal with the theme being off but damn those call outs are bad. Not even close to how the Turtles sound.

#1553 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You are correct that both wireforms give you weapon and I can see there is no advantage to collecting it on either side now. This reinforces the functionality of the pro model and idea that you aren’t missing much. I am not going to lie and say that was smart, in fact, it is probably a design flaw. If the inlanes offered different options, the diverter could have been used in a strategic way. As implemented, the functionality is wasted.
[quoted image]

No telling yet how the weapons work but I imagine you can have one or two sides lit at a time and divert the ball where it needs to be to collect. Seems like the kind of thing that could switch from left to right from sling hits or something.

#1555 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Uh, there's actually 4 Cartoon Series and 6 Movies, all different actors, in the TMNT 2012 they even changed some inbetween seasons, so I don't give the slightest shit.

I dont even need them to sound the same as the 80s voice actors. They just sound weird. Like a regional accent or something. Not what I expect of four teenagers in New York during the 80s

#1558 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We haven’t heard any callouts yet, just the song. The “we’re really hip” and “get a grip” are just part of the song.

Fair point. Fingers are crossed.

#1560 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No idea, but in the show it was always Shredder & Krang (or other villains) have an evil plan, Turtles fight them & stop it. Pretty simple, totally works for pinball narrative. Good vs. Evil

Hoping the "start episode" means lots of actual clips from the show. The nerdier side of me is kind of hoping for a fourth wall thing where the Turtles need your help to stop Shedders plan to erase them. Collect the episodes he has stolen by playing through them or something. We will.see what's up soon. I already told my son I'm busy this evening lol

#1563 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Probably won't see actual show clips since they didn't hire the original actors and their voices are part of those clips, unless they are silent and new voice work is placed over them.

Do we know they didnt hire the voice actors or is that just based off of the theme song?

#1622 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Has nothing to do with my observation. I have played over 150 tables. Now I watched the stream. Just not excited for this table.

^^^^THIS has nothing to do with your observation

#1698 3 years ago
Quoted from jonebone:

You used to be able to set a Mint Sealed TMNT 1 (NES) for around $600-$800, now it's $3500-$4000. TMNT has a cult following and these will go quickly I imagine.

Dont be that guy telling people they have Disney tapes worth thousands. I sold off my game collection for over 15k cdn in the last 3yrs to fund my pinball habit.
You want a sealed, graded copy.? Here's two i found in 2min on eBay.
9.0 is about $1,600 usd
6.0 is only less than $600 usd

Maybe not mint but factory sealed and graded. I literally used the first two completed sealed listings I found on Ebay.

Screenshot_20200527-233003_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200527-233003_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200527-233019_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200527-233019_eBay (resized).jpg

#1736 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm at a loss also, for a complete lack of video assets. The rendering done by the team is great within their means, but no classic footage and voices....at all?????

Remember when DVDs were getting big and some of them had them had elaborate 3d rendered menus that looked terrible even back then?
Why does TMNT have early 2000s DVD menu quality animations? Animations dont make or break a game but those character models look pretty darn horrible. Like the foreign cgi cartoons on Netflix horrible. Game play however looks great. I love the layout.

#1761 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think the developers and animators are working with what they have. The Stern motherboards and graphic chip capabilities have limitations. If you want modern day, next gen graphical displays, the BOM would need about a 500 - 700 dollar upgrade for nVidia/AMD like graphic prowess...I would definitely welcome that change, but I'm sure many wouldn't as it's not really adding anything under the glass. It's definitely an untapped marketing opportunity, but not sure it's what pinball needs... Most would probably want more mechanical innovation...

Its about what you do with what you have. Maiden animation are.nothing to call home about but they are better than this. Deadpool, JP, Black Knight....again, not modern day game expectations but perfectly adequate for pinball. Tmnt animations are visibly poorer quality. This is the first game since Aerosmith where the animations actually make me cringe. (Mayne more so because I can't stand Aerosmith *the band, and grew up on the Turtles.

#1762 3 years ago

That’s why I am asking, the turtles loved anchovies. When I was a kid, anchovies often came on House specialty pizzas. You would have to remember to ask they be left off. My dad would eat them but it grossed out our family. Does anybody order anchovies for their pizza today ???

The turtles also ordered ice cream and pickles on their pizza. The joke was that nobody but the turtles would order anchovies. (Nothing against the salty buggers actually)

#1883 3 years ago

By no means a complaint but I would rather level up all four turtles gaining their specific perks as I go until the whole playfield is lit up for points explosions. Deciding what order to train and level up each character to fit the player's style.

#1918 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

10k it’s no MMRRE
Hot Wheels is almost 4K less then LE ?

Hot wheels should come free with a box of cereal

#1919 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Pizza eating contest mode button mashing, not kidding... Pretty sure that’s it’s only function on pro model

"The pizza eating contest was John's idea" -Dwight

Even Dwitgh know its dumb and people will hate it. Mayne they will convince John that it need to come out in a code update. Otherwise be sure to work on your pencil flicking skills (track and field style)

#1980 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

...after all, If Apple has taught us anything it’s ‘don’t be first, just make it better’

Shhhhh, dont give Stern any ideas about forcing proprietary parts on its customer base

#2177 3 years ago
Quoted from DiscoBubbles1999:

I've never seen any Ninja Turtle cartoon or movie in my life, but I am excited for this one! Any recommendations on where I should start? The 2014 re-make movie or no? Cheers, pinball turtles fan's!

If you have no nostalgia, the original movie is the only one that holds its ground still

#2225 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

haha OP badge. Never heard of that - I'm assuming you mean having the responses in blue?

He means this

I'm inclined to agree though that this should NOT be a club thread. Too much speculation and hate. Also lots of lurkers that likely won't ever own one. People love speculation bit that's done now. If anything, change this to another Next Stern Speculations but not a TMNT club. Imagine this is your first pin, you discover Pinside and this thread and read through all the garbage before any actual owners start showing up in the thread. Boo urns.

Screenshot_20200601-124009_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200601-124009_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2275 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Sorry not interested in a premium. Planning on doing the same to my deadpool Le as well

I'll take a set of DP LE blades if 5hey remove in one piece

#2414 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ll just set this here...
Konami 1992 vs Stern 2020
[quoted image]

Maybe Stern used this as their character model. I wish theyd just get the rights to the arcade game sprites. I mean, its Konami. Konami would sell you their own grandmother.

Screenshot_20200603-233542_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200603-233542_Google (resized).jpg
#2437 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

did you see the new stern JP topper?
you pay 600$ to get a new mode in game with the topper.
https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/jurassic-park-topper
now im sure TMNT Prem/LE will get a "special feature"

That's the kind of shit that make me stop buying from a company. I dont want your stupid topper so I dont get the full game for my thousands of dollars? Piss off with that business model.

#2463 3 years ago

Yes a Stern LE should come with a topper. But given JP3 LE does not, you have a choice to buy it or pass. Where is the anger coming from? It looks ok for $150, but at $600+ I sober up and say no. I will spend the topper funds on a third party topper. Making lemonade out of lemons.

It's not even anger over the price. All Stern toppers are way over priced. The issue is I dont like topper. I dont want one. At all. On any of my games. Closest I have is the beacon on High Speed. I plan on getting a JP but dont try to force me to add crap I dont like to get more game (which is all I want)
For someone like me who does not like the look of toppers (mostly, afmre is great cough cough) it is nothing but a $600 DLC. That's more than another 10% on top of the game itself. I dont know how different thing are from Canada to US but I can get a used JP for under $7,500 cdn (bit over 8k nib) and that topper would be another $800 cdn. Screw that noise lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7,999.00
6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerptsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=knockerptsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.