20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

I don't know if there would be some type of legality issues, I'm sure there would be, but I would love to see Zombie Yeti put his own spin on the turtles. He hasn't done one in over a year so one's got to be coming right? I am currently saving money so that my first pin will be a pro Ghostbusters but if ZY does the artwork for TMNT I might have to save a little longer to spring for a Premium Turtles. Big Zombie Yeti fan if you can't tell.

Get your money ready. Zombie Yeti is the artist.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Tmnt release date. Early March +/- Just my guess.

That sounds about right.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Last year Black Knight came out what, two days after TPF? I’m guessing it’ll be similar this year.

I think it depends on what is happening on the factory floor. If they don’t have Stranger Things on backorder and they are ready to release TMNT to keep the line moving, they will do it.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from DangerzoneArcade:

I hope they go with classic TMNT. If they do it will be an LE purchase me.

Classic with Yeti flair is the rumor.

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Who’s on this one from Stern?
Art? Zombie
Layout?
Code?

Layout - Borg.

Code: Unknown. I think it’s probably Sexton. Just my hunch. Dwight is the other possibility.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Yeti, Borg, Tanio would make great team

Good point, and that does make sense. They don’t always go in order of the last games, but I could see Tanio on code.

#233 4 years ago

Talk about the networking features in Spike 3.

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What would “playing together” actually mean, or how would it be fun? In a video game, you’re sharing a screen and seeing each other do things simultaneously - how do you “play online” when you each have your own individual wood playfield that you’re looking at, with each machine doing different things? How could “online pinball play” be functional or fun?
I think the most people are going to see are high score tables, achievements, virtual tournaments....nothing where you’re actually doing something “together”, as the concept doesn’t make sense. However, even high scores between machines doesn’t even make sense, since everyone’s games will be set up differently...different outlane positions, different pitch, different options...and anyone can cheat with the glass off.
Pinball is inherently you vs. machine. I don’t get how people envision it becoming Fortnite.

There are different ways to pull it off, depending on the game. Take Jurassic Park. The game has an indicator on the map for each player. It could easily show your buddy across the country on the map and you can race to go through the park as an objective based challenge.

#263 4 years ago

You could also have a challenge of the week. It could be something like starting Chaos Multiball, where your buddy is racing you to start the multiball. When the first player starts it, the flippers go dead and the winner is displayed.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How would that be fun? You can’t see or hear them...your game would just die. Sounds annoying.
People have to remember that these games are made for coin drop on location...these silly most likely non-fun functions would only be for home buyers...and honestly would probably not be used much. Online servers & play make sense for an all digital universe. There are so many factors with a complex physical object like this. I don’t see “online play” ever happening with pinball....especially since Stern (and most companies) still can’t release finished fleshed out gameplay and rules at launch...now they’re expected to come up with some kind of convoluted online play infrastructure that most probably wouldn’t use? It wouldn’t move sales up, and just be a costly pain in the ass on their part.
I’m calling it...Pinball internet will be:
-Operator stuff (remote updates, service alerts, earnings, remote setting changes, etc)
-Tournament & Social Media stuff related to scores & events.
No “online play”.

I think that the Stern “head to head” series was designed to set the foundation for objective based online play. We shall see if the are able to execute it. I have much more fun playing pinball with friends, so while playing online won’t be nearly as good as a real person next to you, it could still be fun if done correctly.

#274 4 years ago

The word on the street is that for TMNT, the online feature will be co-op play.

1 week later
#307 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Nice subtle Ninja Turtle tease from Stern via instagram![quoted image]

1 month later
#407 4 years ago

Dwight makes intense and fun games, with really deep rules. I don't blame him for Munsters. Gomez told him to make a simple game, which was a mistake.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm still betting TMNT this month!

March 31, 2020. Write it down.

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Making a simple game at current high prices is a slap in the consumer’s face. Simple should not mean or equate to shallow. Many simple games out there and still with deeper code. If Gomez is to blame then Dwight should be all over him, to allow his reputation to be recovered.

Dwight mentioned the direction GG provided during a Head 2 Head podcast interview.

2 weeks later
#450 4 years ago

The entire release schedule is probably up in the air right now. The factory is shut down. Stern typically doesn’t release anything until games are on the line. Who knows at this point.

1 month later
#500 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I could care less about score in the game and I don't like Dwight's multiplier approach. It's just not fun period (for me and many others).

So if you don't care about the score, why do the multiplier rules bother you so much?

2 weeks later
#703 3 years ago

Munsters was on the line recently? I didn’t think so.

1 week later
#1264 3 years ago

#1277 3 years ago
chart (resized).pngchart (resized).png
#1743 3 years ago

This game looks like it will be a blast to shoot, and I’d bet it will do very well on location. Jerry did a great job with the sound package as usual. They have put a lot of thought into the co-op / team modes and am looking forward to checking those out.

If you remotely like the theme, this has to have you excited. Maybe I’m a few years outside of the range, but I never connected with TNMT in the 80s / 90s. I was 12 in 87 when the first season aired.

That said, there are plenty of games people pickup that don’t necessarily love the theme. The layout and rules have me excited to check this out. Looks like a great shooter. I hate the mono targets, but it isn’t a deal breaker for me.

4 weeks later
#2903 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is that 2 player cocktail just a drink stand now?

Currently yes. No seating inside the bar. Only outside.

#2904 3 years ago

The game is an absolute winner. Played this for a couple hours today and had a blast. Looks fantastic also. Lots of stuff going on.

The layout is very refreshing. Not a Borg recycle. Love it.

5 months later
#3145 3 years ago
Quoted from veejay:

I’m having a problem with my Pro TMNT where the 3rd ball entering lock crashes into the 2 parked balls and bounces back out around the horseshoe, often into a stdm drain. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Ask this in the club thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.