20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonebone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1675 3 years ago

Ugh see my avatar... I have custom TMNT cab with switcher running TMNT and TMNT Turtles in Time both on original hardware arcade boards. Signed up for this site years ago wanting either Mario Gottlieb, TMNT DE or Simpsons DE as my first entry pin but moved along...

Now it seems like I may have to pull the trigger on this one. Should I just go for LE knowing I'll keep this as HUO and probably will stay under a few hundred plays? In my experiences you get the new toy and everyone wants to play, then it gathers a lot of dust.

Theme was #1 factor for me and this is my calling it seems. Theme seems to be a polarizing issue here but as a collector of vintage video games TMNT prices have been batshit crazy over the last 3 or 4 years. You used to be able to set a Mint Sealed TMNT 1 (NES) for around $600-$800, now it's $3500-$4000. TMNT has a cult following and these will go quickly I imagine.

#1749 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

These NES games aren't being bought by TMNT fans. Pretty much all of the "sealed and graded" NES stuff is just part of a rather recent speculator market pumped by investors moving in from the comic book speculator market.

Somewhat true. I said "Mint sealed" in my price quote and the guy came back with average sealed comps. I'm talking VGA 85+ or Wata 9.4/A+ level. Been collecting very actively about 12 years. I'd say price was $850 in that condition as recently as late 2018. Then it jumped to about $2500 beginning of 2019 and I sold there. Was able to find a raw one to replace at a fraction of the price later on thankfully. I expected price to drop but it didn't. I stand by my assessment that the game in that condition is now $3500 as of today and frankly an easy sell there if you are connected in the market.

Point being, speculative investors, sure, but TMNT games have been in demand and held these price levels for well over 18 months now. Usually when new dumb money gets in prices quickly bubble and fall. They haven't fallen on the good titles and won't though.

#1756 3 years ago

So what's the standard best price you can get on these before taxes and such? Can get the Pro at $5,899 or LE at $9,099 plus tax and free delivery setup if paying cash. Is is possible to shave another $100 or so off the Pro?

Collector in me wants the CE but hard to justify the $3400 premium for something I know will sit and not get played much, even if it will hold its value mostly. I'm a pin novice so the extra rule sets aren't a huge selling point with the price difference considered.

#1948 3 years ago

Screw it, just bought my LE. First pin for me. All bought on theme and I'm a pinball rookie. Just in case anyone underestimates the power of theme.

I will say I didn't quite jump in sight unseen as I've had a casual interest in pinball for about 2 years. Just couldn't quite get anything that motivated me to jump in and I'm not that handy so maintenance was a turn off. I played some machines at Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas to feel things out but yeah, this theme is the home run for me. And collector in me had to go LE.

#1997 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pizza mech looks great and yes one spin is perfectly fine. I almost go premium but stern is giving a lot in this pro and the art package is great. If that LE front Art was on it I literally would have passed haha
Great stream jack

Yeah I like the Pro artwork better than the Premium as well. Choice for me was Pro or LE and I just went LE as this is my dream theme.

#2212 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

$8800 Street price? I'd love to meet a reputable dealer who would sell me one at that price

I'm getting my TMNT LE right around $9k out the door, fully inclusive of all taxes with free delivery and setup. Paying in cash though, without Paypal or Credit Card you have a lot more flexibility.

Also, judging by your name and location I may be able to help you out, I"ll FB message you if you are who I think you are.

#2329 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Not sure I give a shit about the big ugly diverter, two way spinning pizza, bouncing krang, or 8 ball multiball (which is about 3 too many). So I think you made terrific choice. Hell, the pro art is my favorite, too.

I agree on preferring the Pro art over the Premium, significantly so for me. I was between the Pro or LE with no interest in the Premium because of it. Collector in me went the LE route though.

I couldn't justify the $1800 upgrade for diverter / krang when I felt the art was inferior. This is a turtles machine, you want green to be the center color. Purple didn't do it for me.

#2553 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I've been very impressed with what I have seen on TMNT and I think it will be my first Stern. It is a family friendly theme that my wife approves of and the ruleset looks like it will work great in a home environment. I was initially thinking Pro, but after re-watching the streams I am starting to learn toward the Premium. The one thing I don't really care for on the Premium is the purple cabinet artwork. For those in on a Premium, what made you decide on that over the Pro or LE?

I was between the Pro and LE for that exact reason, didn't the purple and thought it was inferior to the Pro. No way I'd pay $2k more for a Premium, even with more functionality, when I thought the Pro had the better art package.

So I went the LE route myself!

#2624 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

We are watching the original cartoon again. I bought the whole series on DVD. Also busted out my Super Nintendo and was replaying Turtles in Time. That has been my all time favorite game. I used to do speed runs on it about 12 years ago. Such a great game.

I'm actually putting this TMNT LE next to my TMNT and TMNT Turtles in Time Arcade cabinet. Good tastes!

#2764 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

my wife and kids are away next weekend. Would be so perfect to have my LE delivered but I know that aint happening.

Are you kidding, what are the odds. Same exact thing here, wife and daughters away to my sister-in-law's baby shower. But I know my LE won't make it here until July.... sad face.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Panama City Beach, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonebone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=jonebone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.