20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1297 3 years ago

I don't get adults being into this theme but that said, I have interests in other similar things so cannot judge. Game does look killer. Spinning magnet, diverter, upper flipper, under flipper shot, physical ball locks, ramps going through back panel - all get a thumbs up from me. Don't think I can get past music and callouts, though. Definitely will hurl some quarters in one when I get the chance. Hope game does well so maybe we get some other popular cartoon themes from 70's and 80's.

#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

What? You're not into underage humanized martial art reptiles?
I'm excited for the stream tonight!

Not the ones that have obsession over pizza and scream cowabunga every 2 minutes. But hey, I like turtles.

One thought - in coop mode does that mean one person can load up a 4 player game at a show or on location and basically play a 12 ball single player game?

#1354 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The adults on this site spend their days talking about big toy boxes that bang metal balls around, when they aren't banging the balls around themselves, or glueing action figures inside the boxes. I hardly think anybody with a single post on Pinside is in any position to judge what adults are into.

Like I said, I am into other similar stuff and kid from the 80's so no judgement. After all, I do have a sizable toy *cough* collectibles collection. I did show my teenager daughter pics of the pin and she gave me a funny look. That said, she thinks all arcade/pinball stuff is stupid lol. Just seems like a theme that will be tough to get past if you are not at least somewhat a fan.

#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm not complaining about drop targets, just at least give us a target for each letter. This one giant target you just hit and on repeat and it spells out each letter is like training wheels on pinball and I'm not even that good.

I won't necessarily defend but not a big deal for me. My MET has two targets side by side that do the same thing. FH has three targets for hotdog and they all do the same thing. Those targets don't really make or break a game imo. Like it not, Stern has to make cuts somewhere otherwise everything is a premium+.

#1527 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys I appreciate the passion as I share the same love for this series so in that spirit, please allow us to use pinbrowser again so we can just replace that terrible new theme song with the original along with original tmnt voice actor clips?
EDIT - I would just take the theme at this point.....that's most imperative.
Peace And love
Thanks for ensuring this was based off 1987. Thanks!

I'm surprised it was not done sooner. No manufacturer likes people hacking into their ip and having free will. Not only could you do damage and claim warranty but it has to be a liability as well. Not sure if Stern would be at fault if someone routed a game with altered music/sounds but not good in Stern's eyes. Just saying.

#2092 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just feel like it needed to be said a couple more times. Haha

It honestly needs to be pinned to the front page of pinside. Truth is there is no template for code completion. No rules how many modes there needs to be or if there is any modes at all. Code depth is all relative and not the same game to game. Stern can make a game simple or deep. That is their choice and your choice to buy. People expect Stern to update code for every game for years. Why should they? There is no contract or agreement there will even be any updates. Once you give them money the deal is done. There is no reason to buy any game early. Most games are in production for over a year.

#2108 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No problem with that. Tell us BEFORE we drop $9k
They raised the LE numbers to 600 to meet demand. Shipped em and then said oh yeah this is just meant to be a simple game
Say that up front and watch how many they sell of ANY game! lol
Making a “simple” game is so stupid anyhow
Just make a pro version then. Sorry but that BS doesn’t fly

Stern needs to tell you what you are buying? You make it sound like they just ship you a mystery box and you have to open it up to see what is inside. Stern shows you exactly what you are getting. They do extensive videos on features, gameplay, and commentary from the team on both the LE/premium and pro. There is a feature matrix, hi-res photos, and the pinside community critics the game down to the dust on the playfied. Games are in production for months so you have plenty of opportunity to play one yourself. What more do you need?

#2146 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Honesty. You can’t be that naive

How is it naive to make intelligent buying decisions? That makes no sense. Naive is buying that $9000 LE the minute it's announced because it's a cool theme with no memory of Stern's past and the expectation it will be magically transformed into a great pin by some software update.

#2175 3 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Umm it does transform into a great pin when Llyman codes.
I'm sure he does a lot in his own time also.

That's part of the intelligent buying process. Lyman does deliver but it can take years. Again, why buy early? I see no reason to buy a game if it's not fun regardless of who is coding. You never know what will happen. Maybe Lyman leaves Stern.

#2386 3 years ago

Not so sure about logging into a pinball machine to be honest. Could be nice to get perks like free games if you played a certain number of games or unlock special content. Sounds all good if implemented well but that requires Stern to be continuing coding for a large number of games on top of just getting game code finished. I thought the Add A Ball feature on past games was bad for routing. Players would pay to complete a game, see all the features, and then lose interest in playing again. I remember pumping quarters in some arcade games back in the day doing just that. I still think it's a great feature, especially for the home environment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 22.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 7,999.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.