20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#383 4 years ago

After seeing the BKSOR topper, give us the same but reskinned as shredder and my money is yours!!

1 week later
#406 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Totally agree with you, if Dwight is on code, its a no go for me too. The way he left Munster owners in the lurch and said the coding was all done, was despicable on such a great franchise. It could be so much more if Lyman would have been doing the code for example.

Don’t forget Tanio he absolutely crushed the code on Deadpool, for his first lead on code it was amazing!

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

As a huge Turtles fan I plan on buying this game and I'm trying to keep my expectations low. I don't need a ton of toys/mechs but I do need the code to keep me entertained. It needs to have depth or it won't be fun to have in a home environment.

TMNT has to have subways! Hell if they have to use old mechs to keep costs down use the FBI lid from xfiles as a pop up sewer lid. If it has both of those and killer ZY art I could buy and die happy.

3 weeks later
#457 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Right.
Best thing is go update code for released machines. Programmers can do from home.

Smart move as it builds a massive amount of good will with current customers and pumps people for future releases at the same time.

It’s probably also a good time for coders to get ahead on the upcoming releases. I know I saw on Instagram Gomez making models for his next game at home in his make shift home studio so things are happening.

2 weeks later
#488 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since Lyman was and still is on Elvira that's kinda impossible.
Dwight however is finished with Munsters for way over a year, so his next lead is overdue.

Tanio finished Deadpool way before Dwights Munsters. Tanio on TMNT would be awesome he did amazing work on Deadpools code and something similar for TMNT would work well.

So it’s gotto be Tanio up next in the rotation!?? if he could code it with a throwback to Deadpool and code in a video “game” mode, where you can play a level of the old TMNT side scroller that would be insane!!

1 week later
#509 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Lol, therein lies the problem. You could probably ask 100 TMNT superfans what kind of pinball machine they would like to see and you'd get 100 different answers. At the end of the day the game that is made is probably not going to deliver on exactly what every fan wants. I just hope it's close enough to what I know and love about the franchise and that it is fun to play.

Sewer pop ups
Subways
Crazy ramps @ least one going through backboard and maybe a GB style ramp going below the playfield...?
Video mode “TMNT Classic sidescroller”
Zombie Yeti putting his spin on Classic art style

What else could a really fan want?

Pinball wise if Dwight is on code - maybe a character select since he seems to like implanting those on recent games.

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Video Modes are dead. Too much work to make them. The Star Wars Video Mode where you direct the Millenium Falcon trough some astroids has the vibe of a 20 year old Flash game.
I‘d like a video mode distraction but it can‘t be that far off graphically to what you‘re used to.

Recreating a level from the old arcade side scroller, wouldn’t be that much work surely? It came out in the late 80s or 1990 by today’s graphical standards it would be far less taxing.

1 week later
#550 3 years ago

Subways, cool ramps a corkscrew would be cool for Michelangelo’s boarding through the sewers, a ramp like the left one from munsters would also be perfect for TMNT as the backboard exit looked like a sewer tunnel, playfield pop ups (use the mech from xfiles) for subway entrance/exits, video mode that’s a throw back to the old TMNT side scroller, BOOM!! Should be easy to knock this one out the park.

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Krang.... The brain? Not crane

It’s Borg so that’s a bash toy for certain, maybe Krang is in his android body, bash him and he lowers, I’d dig that. It’s always cool to have a new shot open but I would like to see Borg do something other than a bash toy for change.

#620 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

The movie is actually better than the Michael Bay ones.

That’s not exactly a high benchmark, most of the movies my 4 year old makes with her dolls and iPad are better than a lot of Bays work

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I‘d take Shredder, but since he‘d be only a hips up bash toy as usual I guess they took Krang.

Re theme the BKSOR topper and I’ll take Shredder up there providing he interacts with gameplay and your shots to continually taunt you.

#658 3 years ago

I would much prefer original cartoon artD86381C3-491A-4E37-B7A1-FB2F1CFE2EC9 (resized).jpegD86381C3-491A-4E37-B7A1-FB2F1CFE2EC9 (resized).jpeg

Although this style makes me think of ZombieYeti which I would be really happy with as it’s a little more modern/edgy than the original cartoon style
A9FE2857-F630-4EB9-8874-ADA829DB6161 (resized).jpegA9FE2857-F630-4EB9-8874-ADA829DB6161 (resized).jpeg

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Re-skin of Walking Dead with Krang as Barn and Shredder as Well?

Hope not, TWD is phenomenal but it’s got some layout issues, Lyman made that game the masterpiece it is with his work on the code.

Plus at today’s prices I want original/new layouts not reskins, plus all these great licences Stern get deserve their own layout, TMNT needs subways and playfield pop ups.

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Exactly what I want to. We should not be accepting reskins with what we are paying for these machines. They should be able to add unique features and unique layouts that go with the theme. If this doesn't have at least 1 subway and some sort of pop up then they haven't tried at all.

Do the designers always know in advance what theme they are designing for? I know Steve did with BKSOR and Keith said he knew his game was going to be JP from the start. But sometimes it does feel like a layout was designed and a theme added after. I’m sure someone here knows the answer.

TMNT seems a complete no brainer for a subway and some pop up exits/entrances, the FBI mech from xfiles would be perfect for sewer pop ups in the playfield and that mechs already designed so seems a good way to save money developing a new mech that can then be put in the BOM elsewhere.

1 week later
#807 3 years ago

Reskin the BK3SOR topper from the black Knight to shredder!

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

It feels the past years Samsung has innovated quite a few features that Apple took, refined, and branded as their own....

Samsung have pretty much innovated everything in the mobile/cellphone industry and Apple have come along a year or 4 later and added it to their line with their own spin on it.

#874 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Did they use the original voices for the Tranformers pin a few years ago or were they sound-a-likes?

I might be wrong as it was a while back but I think Stern used a sound-a-like, with movie audio as well.

#1182 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m still trying to figure that out. The first pic that leaked shows what appears to be a diverter on the pro but NO Ralph. If the diverter is still there, I can live without the toy as I actually don’t even like it. I’m would be surprised though if the diverter mech and ability to change was the same on both. If it’s the same, you’re talking about a ball lock and some toy on top of a pop bumper? Would be a pro for me if that’s the case.

It’s a shame Krang doesn’t lift up the pop for a secret subway entrance.

#1276 3 years ago

Topper for this game is an absolute no brainer, c’mon stern do the right thing and....

Re-theme this
5CB109FD-0491-4FEF-A1C0-E3B63F760252 (resized).jpeg5CB109FD-0491-4FEF-A1C0-E3B63F760252 (resized).jpeg

Into this
452A1C31-A17B-416B-8329-1880607C206E (resized).jpeg452A1C31-A17B-416B-8329-1880607C206E (resized).jpeg

Saves money on R&D developing a new topper just give it a shredder skin and it’s a must have!!

#1847 3 years ago

Watching the stream back again it looks like Dwight has coded his ass off. Loving the rules and modes on this.

#1907 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Everyone can blame me. Unlike Deadpool, where the villain was the mode, on TMNT they refer to starring Episodes. I chose to leave text out of the equation because of the length of Episode names. And had I used the character names it would have confused with the episodes... I kinda assumed I'd find a grail answer and eventually settled on having the insert trap color coincide with the stroke of each affiliated character (and some overlap when 2-part episodes are referenced)... not saying it's the best answer for everyone - but it allowed for a more dynamic central grouping of art... which selfishly I gravitate towards...

Personally I think the art is phenomenal on this game, the way you have packed so much into it without making it look cluttered is pure genius! I also like the small inserts and think you made by far the best choice as you said above.

Just one thing though with the episodes/villain inserts, do they light the colour of the turtle you used to defeat them? So if your using Leo and beat shredder his little insert will light blue.?

#2215 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Not quite half price but we do cop it up the ass like Canada , the EU , UK , New Zealand and other countries .

Do we ever, it’s £11k ($14k USD) here in the U.K. for an LE now.

#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from DangerzoneArcade:

For the topper they need to reskin the R2D2 from Star Wars into a huge Technodrome.

Nice but a reskin of the BKSOR topper would be perfect. Have shredder fully motorised and taunting you, take my money!

Just turn this 77BFAF81-4CC2-4EC6-9736-5D280631B699 (resized).jpeg77BFAF81-4CC2-4EC6-9736-5D280631B699 (resized).jpeg

Into this
8D1485B0-61AE-4166-8681-E9E0BD971941 (resized).jpeg8D1485B0-61AE-4166-8681-E9E0BD971941 (resized).jpeg

#2302 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

...with Bebop over one shoulder and Rocksteady over the other.

Oh nice idea! C’mon Stern make this happen!!

#2316 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I remember seeing people fill their playfields with extra TMNT toys on the Data East model. Think people will do that again on this one?

It’s pretty much a guarantee, even though TMNT is already pretty much packed, some will find a way to cram as many figures into what little space there is.

I can’t wait to see the homemade toppers, saw a homemade TWD topper the other day that was an abomination

#2448 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Ah, but what will the new code/mode be? I'm guessing it will just be another multi-ball mode. Which if it is just another multi-ball, then it's probably not worth getting worked up about. But on the other hand, if it WAS a really awesome mode with custom animations and something cool going on, then we'd all be mad we couldn't play it!
But my money's on it just being a bonus multi-ball mode.

It doesn’t really matter, prices are at an all time high and continuing to rise, now we have hardware locked dlc, c’mon you can’t be buying into this.

This is what the Pro, Prem, LE tiers are for, allows your customers to make informed multiple thousand dollar purchases, don’t start to add even more code locked into hardware on top of these tiers that’s just pure greed.

#2454 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

I feel so sorry for the teams that work so hard to make these awesome pins just to watch it get shot down by shocking business decisions.

Totally, TMNT looked fantastic and the positive response to it was overwhelming but then Stern do what they do best and shoot themselves in the foot with this JP topper/dlc crap.

Just soured the whole thing as people are now wondering what surprise hardware extra or dlc code/mode add ons are going to be coming down the line for TMNT.

#2477 3 years ago

BIG thank you Xaqery (Dwight) for responding and clearing that up, you didn’t have to so thanks again.

#2572 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

Plus I am looking to buy in the fall and they'll probably be gone by then, so it'll be a moot point anyway.

No chance, there will still be NIB LEs kicking about, you might pay a premium for one but they will still be out there.

By the fall there will be dozens of LEs for sale with less than 100-200 plays, as good as new and money saved.

#2684 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. The only person that does that is in prison.

I heard he asked for a bigger gap between his jail bars..

#2692 3 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Found a few more. Modfather pinball[quoted image][quoted image]

Look like the bobble heads “wacky wobblers” you can grab for $10 or less.

Didn’t modfather hand sculpt his stuff back in the day?

#2768 3 years ago

Cool, I think I prefer those to the LE art blades.

#2770 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Its mildly humorous that the Stern shop ad listing says compatible with all Models: Pro, Premium, and *LE*!
I guess you could always rip the LE ones out!

There’s someone doing just that! Can’t remember his pinside ID but he’s getting an LE and ripping out the art blades to put mirror blades on it, there’s one LE that’s going to depreciate BIG!

#2810 3 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Topper thougts:
How bout a krang/shredder topper on top that taunts you throughout gameplay. Spend the time on a tmnt topper like the blacknight one and you will sell them out.

I’ve been saying for months retheme the black knight topper into shredder, put beebop and roxsteady over each shoulder instead of the fire gates on black knight.

#2851 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Same think happened with GB LE, someone offered me +$2k for my pre-ordered one. Doesn't necessarily mean game is good, or not, some are just late for a NIB one. Prices tend to drop after the initial hype.

The days of LEs selling out are over, there are always LEs knocking about with distributors these days, you could still grab an LE for the mighty JP.

#2859 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

jjPotC says "hi."
NIB CEs are over 20k now. USED LEs are selling for 12k-14k, which is at or more than what a new CE sold for last year.
It does happen, but it has always been a rare thing. No way to know ahead of time which LE will "hit" and odds are massively against you if you take that bet since so few actually do.

Talking Stern here Vic.. but yeah there is the odd gem these days but production being halted played into the current JJPOTC market condition.

#2860 3 years ago
Quoted from wipinball:

Would love to know where you can still get a NIB JP LE.

Obviously they will get rarer as time goes buy people snap them up, speculators keep them boxed for years. Apart from the one that popped up the other week I believe kpg brought a nib le a couple months back at the start of all this madness but it had some damage can’t remember the whole story.

Either way LEs are always out there, I got a NIB TRON LE a couple years ago supposedly they where all long gone and I heard recently another surfaced and sold.

#2914 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Unboxing Challenge & First Look!
AND WIN A TMNT BANNER
...poor Greg in this one....

Brilliant episode, watching Greg retching towards the end had me laughing out load

#2917 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

He gave it all he had.... LOL....still came up short. I'd like to see the 3 hours after this shoot , the behind the scenes look, he must have been sprawled on the couch. LOL

I’m sure that puke bucket would have been getting a few hard tilts behind the scenes, he looked close to throwing up, I noticed the mask came off around the same time the pizza sweats started

#2958 3 years ago

Any chance we can get back to Turtles talk again...

AF504B7F-FD9D-4747-9B1D-E83F1EE74C91.gifAF504B7F-FD9D-4747-9B1D-E83F1EE74C91.gif8AD2E38A-2503-40F5-9B61-6A52254471BB.gif8AD2E38A-2503-40F5-9B61-6A52254471BB.gif
#2978 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Got my Pro and streamed it last night. A couple good combos, reached the Team up modes during Co-Op play, and set a high score for each turtle.

Overall how happy with the game would you say you are? Looks phenomenal, I know I’ve not been this excited by a release watching streams in ages!

#3038 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I will be shortly. Waiting on the wiring harnesses to arrive. The brackets are done and tested in Stranger Things and TMNT. I don't have a TNA, so I'd probably need a picture and some measurements to make sure one of the two bracket designs I have work, or if they don't make a third style.
Once I started testing Stranger Things, I was shocked at how hot the coils got. I think there's a lot of subtle coil fade happening on a number of games in the 125-135F range of longish or serial games that people don't even realize is coil fade and not them. I intend to temp-test all the Stern Spikes that come through here now.

Vire is this a new thing with the coils Stern are using? Have they changed brand etc? I remember playing a lot of my SAMs for hours with no issues and I hammer my BM66 and don’t seem to notice any issues with loss of flipper power, kinda curious what your take is since you’ve been looking at it.

3 weeks later
#3110 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think the solution is to have washers on the machined pegs so the sharp edges of ball guides and aprons cannot dig into the finish. WMS did this on their games.
Rob

The real solution has to be giving the clear time to fully dry?

Always looks like the clear was soft when the populating of the top side began and everything’s just getting pulled into soft clear.

#3125 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

my pro should be here today or tomorrow!

Enjoy it dude I know you’ve been waiting for this one to be released!

#3128 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

All they had to do was put a 0.2c washer under the guide pin to keep it off the pf

Never had to do that on any of my games up until recently, clearcoat used to be a little thicker, rock hard and like glass!

2 weeks later
#3139 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Holy hell man. What's the date on that playfield? It'd be good to start tracking whether these were all part of an initial run where there was a printing/ink issue, or if this is the new norm for pros (that'd be the assumption if we're still seeing issues on playfields built more recently).

Seems like the initial runs had great artwork but art under posts. So looks like Stern ran a load of playfields without art under the posts quickly.

Could it be a strategic move by Stern to stop pooling and chipping? Reduce the amount of art to the thinnest cost imaginable so it sticks to the playfield and can’t pool and lift

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.