20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1070 3 years ago

To me TMNT reminds me of this cartoon:

The artwork looks exactly like the cartoon/Konami game. You got Krang, the Technodrome, Shredder, Casey Jones, April, just all of it. This is a mega huge hit for older millennials like me who grew up on TMNT who lived off the cartoon and TMNT/X-MEN/Simpsons video arcade cabs. This is a major huge hit on par with Keith Elwins Jurassic Park from both theme and gameplay wise. I want to see gameplay first (likely Friday) and play it myself someday but this is big.

Did anybody notice the rule card is now black instead of yellow?

#1118 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I honestly dunno what you guys want.
Stern does put together high quality press releases. This was a bunch of professionally shot photos, and a video, ready for the press. But here's how press release stuff works, you send it out ahead time to the writers. I work in the press, I used to cover Stern's announcements, here's my old article on Star Trek for instance:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/09/after-20-year-absence-star-trek-returns-to-the-world-of-pinball/
I had all those photos a few days ahead of the announcement, along with details. It gave me time to write up an article, held under embargo, until the release time. Then we're able to have a story up in a timely fashion, which is good for us, and it helps Stern with their media push. Everyone else puts up their pieces too, it's how normal business is done. I'm under no obligation to say nice things, it's not shady, the agreement is simply we get early access to not have to rush to write, in return for waiting until the released date to publish.
The problem isn't that Stern is doing a bad job, it's that they're trusting some people they clearly shouldn't. I didn't leak my photos to clout whores, I can tell you that, but someone is. If I was Stern I'd be putting in some subtle watermarks to different places and figuring out who's leaking. I won't tell you who sent them to me!
But I respect Stern too much to take their images and blow them up online like that. Whoever's leaking them doesn't respect the company, and is abusing the trust. Be annoyed with them, not Stern.

The problem is you can't trust anybody. It seems like everybody knows somebody in the industry (always a podcaster it seems like) and gets a sneak peak on a phone, talked about it with a developer, etc. I can't tell you the amount of times people I consider friends in the industry have told me stuff and I'm like "I don't want to know about it or talk about it...I want it to be like Christmas". Soon after it gets out, not from me of course, and I'm like "jeez I hope that person doesn't think it was me who betrayed him or something". Frankly I'm thrilled that X theme is being made (often times the game has been developed/close to retail for many months even years) but at the end of the day I have other stuff to be worried about and morally I don't work that way.

Quoted from aeonblack:

Just as I said, I want Stern to make sure they are the ones controlling the information, not a bunch of low-rent "journalists". Ars Technica, IGN, etc. are real, trusted news sources, and while they may be leaning towards a blog-style with some articles, they still maintain a journalistic integrity and generally staff people who are proven or who have at the very least gone to school for journalism and understand what "journalistic integrity" means. You talk about how you wouldn't leak stuff, and there is a reason for that. You understand the process and what it can do to a career when a source stops trusting you. But Stern doesn't seem to give a damn who leaks what, and the only people that suffer for that are the people who are actually interested in their product.
These podcasts and blogs don't carry that same attitude and responsibility and so they say and do whatever they want. I know a lot of these leaks end up coming from distros as well, and I'm yet again left wondering why it is that distro's even need to see this information before anyone else? So they can put up a product page on their websites? Be "informed"? I've never met a distro who won't take my money when I say "I want this", so it's completely moot.
I respect Stern as well, which is why I give a damn.

I agree with this statement except that Stern does give a damn about these leaks, all the companies do. All these podcasters know stuff and share it within a tight network of other industry/podcaster friends. Some of these podcasters however know MORE stuff and they don't leak it out. Pinball Magazine Podcast for example those guys probably know what Deeproot is up to but won't say anything.

The distributors being shown or told what the next game is HAS to stop though I completely agree. Long gone are the trade shows but now turned digital. This isn't like the early 00's in which REC.Pinball is the source of news and you connect to it via dial-up or RePlay Magazine or Pinball Expo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 16.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=hool10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.