20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Ok not confirmed but I was told a few months ago that Stern would have their third cornerstone game release in December.... and it was Not Elvira in October. I also asked a Stern rep during JP reveal and let's just say his reaction was very telling..... I'm pretty confident it's tmnt.

Now that Elvira has been confirmed as not the third game and we all know Stern releases 3 a year that leaves us with a definitive December release.

Kineda is also saying it's tmnt too.... Although he's been wrong before but just another thing to factor.

For me, instant buy if it's 80s/90a turtles. Imagine the art for this game and that theme song playing....

Anyone else getting excited? All signs are pointing to yes and just a few more months.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Stern has already done 3 cornerstones this year: Black Knight, Munsters and Jurassic Park. I doubt we'll be seeing another release before March 2020. I would be excited for a tmnt tho

I don't believe munsters is being considered a cornerstone 2019 game. There will be another release based on my sources (which includes distributors) this year (December timeframe).

and yes - if it's konami turtles, no brainer. It would be perfect timing considering 1UP is releasing their TMNT arcade versions this year too so the folks that own TMNT evidently don't mind going back to when they were awesome.

#32 4 years ago

Anyone with any recent information from distributors/pinball insiders? My news is about a month old. I'm sure with Elvira out in the wild, more will be coming soon.

I plan on changing the title as soon as this title gets announced - hopefully eventually into the club b/c only the most diehard TMNT fans are in here now. And when I say TMNT, I mean the only TMNT - 80s/90s konami. I'm completely out if it's not that style.

1 week later
#37 4 years ago

Anyone hearing anything recently?

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I would love a character select screen like Star Wars and JJP POTC with each character having unique perks and abilities.

That's a great idea

#54 4 years ago

So..... Not Pinball related BUT could this be something Stern does as well? Knowing them, probably so sharing this here.

Many of you know the arcade 1up mini arcades - well they are releasing the old school tmnt version and it obviously is based on the tmnt we all want HOWEVER some people have received there's and well.... the main theme that we all know and love has been rerecorded and as you can imagine absolutely sucks.

Listen below.... It's right in the intro and hits any real fan right in the gut saying wtf? Apparently the song is separate license than tmnt and arcade 1up decided to cheap out.

I hope Stern gets the real deal.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They can still use the tune - I’d rather just have the instrumental tune without fake voices.

Yes but the instrumental is weak although I rather they do that then this fake garbage.

Really though how much could it cost and it's such a big part of the theme. I hope they pay for it

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They can probably get it if they offer Chuck Lorre a pinball machine. He's almost a billionaire, he doesn't need the money.

That's a great video. Thanks for posting.

Created in less than 48hrs and recorded at 5am in the same recording studio as journey. Wow. Song is a fucking legend.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Delt, answer one question for me:
Do you own ANY TMNT jammies?

so many good answers to that one, all inappropriate, all of them making you look bad but I'm kind of tired playing that card so to be polite, no, I don't.

Trolling the TMNT hype thread is getting boring - even for you right? Let's keep this on target - if you're truly a TMNT fan inside, we'll still accept you!

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Turtles is not next.

Oh no. You're really spot on with your predictions. Did something change? Any idea when then?

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

K-man has been foaming at the mouth to spill the beans on the next title...apparently it's a dream theme for a lot of people, and it isn't TMNT, Bill & Ted, Stranger Things or BTTF.

I know. Been listening to the same. The background picture for that podcast was Goonies. I know a lot of people consider that dream theme so maybe it's that?

I'm a fan but not dream theme for me.

#81 4 years ago

So looks like even Kaneda is now saying TMNT coming, not next but after that one.

Borg design
Zombie art (hell yes)
Under the pf ramps
a lot going on

#98 4 years ago

Ok so the bad news is I'm almost 100% sure tmnt is not next.

The good news is I'm almost 100% sure it's coming out very early next year.

Borg is fine I just hope there isn't a ton underneath the pf.... That never works well on anything even TBL.

Zombie on art though.... Hell yes. Will look really good next to my gble.

#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What’s your guess then? Goonies or Led Zepp?

I have no Intel on what's next but if I had to guess bw those def zepp. All my Intel is tmnt related. That one is strong.

Can't wait.... Hence the hype ; )

2 months later
#124 4 years ago

All signs point to yes and it's apparently going to be really good. Zombie on art!

Hype it up!

1 week later
#136 4 years ago

so kaneda mentioned he's hearing it's based on the 80s tmnt which would be fantastic BUT he says it will be HD super vibrant like TMNT raw thrills? WTF? That isn't based on the 80s though. I'm hoping he means it will just be a high def 80s which is good.

ALSO - he's hearing characters are voiced by the 80s guys as well. Would be awesome! Super pumped.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The look of the 2012 Turtles is pretty close to the 80‘s Cartoon one (way mor then the newest one and the 2000s one) while it adds more individual character to each Turtle. I like it.
(Most people think that this is actually the 80‘s show design, since they haven‘t seen that in decades.)
The rest of the 2012 shows designs were pretty shit tough.
(And yes, I have every DVD.)

Yeah 2012 art was garbage too. There is only 1 tmnt style and that is the 80s/90s. I'm happy to hear it appears Stern has gone with that style.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

OHHHHH I am. I'm also not satisfied with the quality of the new Sterns right now.... but they got me right by my pinballs with this theme and ZY on art. pro for sure right away no matter what. and if the premium is a show stopper, I will get that as well... I'm not an LE guy.

I totally agree here. Now that we know it's 80/90 tmnt and with that artist WITH the original voice actors....damn. Super excited and will likely go pro then prem b/c I don't think I can wait. LEs are a complete waste unless the art is just so amazing - I can see myself spending a little more for the art alone.

This is the release for me this year. What a time to be into pinball if you were born in the early 80s!

#229 4 years ago

Awesome

And don't leave krang out! He's a brain that talks!

#280 4 years ago

I would welcome ANY online interaction in pinball. I know we typically lag behind (hello LCD screen) but I can still see it adding value and TMNT would be a great start considering it's MP roots. Yes - it's not like a video game but who cares. It's still a platform worth exploring and I'm just happy to hear it's in the works.

This game.....the art alone. Just take my money.

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you want to stare at art, buy a Turtles poster for $10. This is a pinball machine. Make sure it’s good, built well & works well before throwing cash blindly.

Oh relax. I was just saying the art is going to be amazing. This is a hype thread not a lecture thread. Try to have some fun.

1 month later
#366 4 years ago

That would suck if true but I still think tmnt is coming

1 week later
#389 4 years ago

That would suck.

Hype right now is really low for a game rumored to be coming out fairly soon. We're due for something soon!

#397 4 years ago

I agree and my source is not a podcaster. It’s coming. I just hope we see something soon

#409 4 years ago

I hope it's not Dwight. The multiplier rules on pinball are some of the worst things ever introduced and make it a huge borefest. SW could be the biggest disappointment of the decade with the layout and code. Can't say for sure what happened on Munsters but it was a sleeper the day it was shown and I know GB took forever to get an update.

Although I'm just hoping to get any info at this point. I'm still betting TMNT this month!

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yeah trying to keep a 40X multiplier going to make a billion point shot is the most boring thing ever haha.

Right? I agree. Wake me up when it's over

; )

1 week later
#430 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Was too excited to see Kevin that I didn't even realise till you just noted it! MIND BLOWN!

Original TMNT (comic book) all had the same color head band. The cartoon changed that to make the four seem diff so they can sell more toys. I prefer the multi color.

Can't wait to hear more about this pin. Hype still there for me.

#432 4 years ago

Get that jp2. Stern's best imo.

#442 4 years ago

Do they officially reveal HM? No - so I think it was HM first than TMNT.

3 weeks later
#466 4 years ago

Not related to the inevitable tmnt Stern release but a new SNL short.

1 week later
#477 4 years ago

Great updates guys. I'm pumped although I'm not a big fan of Dwight.... Really really don't like the multiplier nonsense but the art looks like old school tmnt logo which is good to see

1 week later
#499 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Well, based on my experience, pretty much the whole pinball community has a disparate view on balanced game play and scoring. You can look at a bunch of the games in the top 10 and top 20 and argue many of them are unbalanced when it comes to scoring and unbalanced when it comes to game play and what you really want to go for.
If getting a high score is what's most important for you in pinball, then I could see how some of Dwight's games are polarizing and maybe not liked as much. Personally, I couldn't care less what my score is at the end of the game; what drives me in pinball is the experience and the integration, something I think Dwight has done a marvelous job on with Star Wars and Game of Thrones (especially considering how few "toys" he had to work with on Star Wars).
Regardless, I have yet to see someone step up to my Star Wars and beat my GC score on a few minutes of game play compared to the half hour or more that went into the top score. It is possible to focus on both progressing in the game and managing your high score shots, and I personally find it super gratifying when I manage to get that 40X multiplier and then not fuck up and actually use it on a video mode, or Escape Boba Fett. I mean, seriously, I don't think there's a single mode out there (maybe Horde in TWD) that actually gets my adrenaline that pumped up as when I start escape Fett and it's even more heightened when I know I have that multiplier high and I don't want to blow it.
Either way, it's clear there's people out there that just don't like it and that's fine, but there's a ton of people out there that do like it and that doesn't mean it's bad... I love the rumor that Dwight is on this and look forward to seeing if he does another take on choosing your adventure similar to what he's done with SW and GOT, just with turtles this time.

I could care less about score in the game and I don't like Dwight's multiplier approach. It's just not fun period (for me and many others).

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So if you don't care about the score, why do the multiplier rules bother you so much?

b/c it becomes a focal point of the game. It's impossible to ignore and it's MEANT to be played like that which sucks. It's like ignoring a big part of what the coder wanted to achieve. Rather he spend time on things that are actually fun like better modes, variety, etc.

1 week later
#526 3 years ago

can't wait to see this game!

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If anything good has come out of this pandemic, it has either delayed or cancelled this from becoming a reality.
As if this industry hasn't embarrassed itself enough and become a joke over last several years.

o-din - why do you even check this thread? Seriously, it's embarrassing how much time you have to waste.

financially, this franchise kills it in the arcade - just talk to raw thrills. Not only are you a troll but you're factually wrong as well.

....and you're out of touch. It's no longer 1972.

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I ended up messaging someone who knows exactly what is going on with with this one. They told me that TMNT was already on the line before the shut down. So as soon as things are reopened then they will be going full steam ahead.
I was also told that it is loaded and beautiful.
Whether it is or not though, we will have to wait and see at the end of the month.

I hope this is true!

#551 3 years ago

Kaneda mentioned a krang toy up the middle. I hope he's in that robot where he sits in the middle..... Forgot that things name

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

He mentioned a crane as the main toy...
So,... I'm not yet seing how a crane is related to TMNT, but after "Heist" it can only fall short.
Hoping he is wrong on the crane.

Krang.... The brain? Not crane

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It’s Borg so that’s a bash toy for certain, maybe Krang is in his android body, bash him and he lowers, I’d dig that. It’s always cool to have a new shot open but I would like to see Borg do something other than a bash toy for change.

I like that idea

#602 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Again, it's because this is not a club thread or is it an actual pinball machine that has been released and people keep asking me to respond again and I hate to disappoint them.
And people shouldn't let their excitement about anything get affected by those that don't care for something in an online forum where all opinions are supposed to be welcome.
I've taken a lot of heat for my opinions as well, but that's the nature of this place I guess.

Haha - you think people actually care about what you think? Here’s why people are responding to you. It’s a dick move to come into a hype thread and try to put people down who are hyped. The definition of a dick.

Go ahead and create an “Old man that doesn’t like TMNT” thread. It would serve you better.

Last I comment on your nonsense. It’s embarrassing.

#618 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Keep seeing 30+ new responses, keep thinking the inevitable Stern blurry playfield pictured leaked.

Would love to get a blurry pf shot. You know you want to leak it Stern!

#641 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I personally won't be interested in this pin, however, I hope Stern knocks it out of the park!!!
Op has been after this theme for quite some time as I suppose many others. Hopefully, it exceeds (or at least meets) expectations.
delt31 ....could this be a keeper/ Avatar changer for you if it lives up to hype?..

Keeper? Who knows. I love certain games for sure but once they reach a certain price I sell bc no Pinball game is worth 15 or 16k imo which is why I sold alien and potc.

Alien is still my favorite game btw and will remain my avatar.

This is a Stern so I have to check my expectations accordingly but I have a feeling this is going to be like JP Stern, not like black Knight Stern.

#661 3 years ago

I just hope the technodrome is in this somehow!

#664 3 years ago

Wow talk about timing. You ask and you shall receive. Everything I've heard thus far sounds great! Let's see it!

#668 3 years ago

Yeah that's pretty obvious. Nice to even see though and good info

#670 3 years ago

I'm guessing it's half the robot body with krang himself on the pf acting as a bash toy. After enough hits, he lowers allowing for a ball lock.... Then resets

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Hopefully it's not just straight up the middle Sparky or Groot-style. An upper flipper shot would be my vote, Rudy-style.

Agreed but wouldn't be surprised.

#689 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and likely cut from the pro

Well I just hope they make it easy for me to pick the premium or LE. Yes it's more expensive but that means Stern actually thought outside the box and delivered. If I end up getting the pro, yes it's money saved but that means the theme wasn't given the showcase it deserved.

Don't let me down Stern. I'm hoping for JP #2. That Trex toy makes me smile everytime I play it

1 week later
#723 3 years ago

Kaneda said apparently there are pics of the game floating around and to pass them to him so he can leak.

Yes please leak haha.

Also he said, like many others, that it's being revealed this week!

Pumped to finally see this game. The spoilers posted above seem ok. Ralph on a glider.... hope they don't make it too goofy but I'm down with three flippers especially if the top is left. Not enough top left flippers

Reuse magnet feature, if true, is not ideal haha but I love magnets in games so I'll take it

#767 3 years ago

So......

Apparently distros are getting the Stern presentation of tmnts today and we're getting the full reveal tomorrow. I'm hoping for some leaked pics today!

From all the recent news from kaneda, if true, leaves me a little underwhelmed BUT I'm not reacting until we get it confirmed. I'm really interested to see what the art looks like (please 90s style), hoping for internet connectivity and a world under glass with the real theme song.

#787 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

This may be the most quiet hype thread I’ve seen in awhile.

Really? Thread is on fire.....

Big reveal tomorrow - hoping for leaks sooner.

I have money ready for a pro and might be crazy enough to buy it day one and then upgrade to prem later if necessary. Stern better have the original theme and not that revised one used by the recent arcade home edition. I wouldn't care if they allowed us to use pinbrowser to change music but that's no longer working so for the time we're left with what they've coded.

#789 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It is based on the 80’s/90’s show. It has the theme song, but it’s a cover...but a pretty good one. Better than the cover on the Arcade 1up. 17 character voices confirmed...which means show assets. No word on if they got custom real actors, tho...but fingers crossed. Classic characters featured: Slash, Metal Head, Casey Jones, Neutrinos, Baxter Stockman.
Don’t worry about internet. It’s pinball.

++Slash, Metal Head, CJ and BS. Hopefully original actors.

-- : Neutrinos and the theme song Cover???? NO! Pinbrowser better start working!

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is there a high quality stereo version of the original song? If not, you might just wanna stick with this one. I HATED the Arcade 1up cover. The Stern version sounds good.

OK - if you hated the arcade 1up then we're similar so hopefully I agree that the stern version rocks.

#802 3 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Shredder passed away..James Avery (also uncle Phil) from fresh prince of bel air...so no custom call outs from him, sadly.

damn shredder was uncle phil from Fresh Prince? Mind blown.

#817 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’d be interested in this art style
[quoted image]

Same. If there is one thing I would be really surprised about this game it’s the fact the art isn’t amazing. My expectations are sky high with Zombie on this. I just hope code, presentation and layout aren’t a let down. So basically everything else is up in the air haha

#824 3 years ago

the argument of NOT having internet enabled machines could be the dumbest thing in the world. Let's move off of it please - the world is connected and pinball needs to get with the program. Don't think it's necessary then don't use it. period.

NOW back to the hype machine. I'm thinking the reveal could be happening now or very soon (internally to distros). Hoping we have something by the evening time.

#857 3 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Kaneda says "TMNT will NOT have original voice actors. Nickelodeon approved actors and STERN employees doing voices."
I wonder if they will use clips from the show?

that's a bummer. big time. Just needed to use voice clips from the show. There is a TON of material from the 80s/90s cartoon.

GD stern don't fuck this up.

#881 3 years ago

Let's leak this s____

#911 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

[quoted image]

Oh shit! First leak! Great job

So old school tmnt look.

THANK GOD.

Loving that top left flipper layout

#967 3 years ago

Loving the art so big step there as Stern could have done Nick everything and I would have been out.,

That diverted on the Prem is HUGE - not really a fan of that. Seems to cover a lot up top. Has me really thinking about pro vs Prem on this. I wonder if the diverter is on the pro at all.

What about the rumored krang toy on the Prem LE? Anyone spot that?

#976 3 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

From kaneda Facebook
[quoted image]

Wow NOT a fan of the front of that. The turtles look so dumb and goofy. Exactly what I was hoping they wouldn’t do.

Back glass looks great though. That front would bother me too much. Well I never think the LEs are worth it but I was hoping the art would sway me. Looks like pro or Prem for me.

#981 3 years ago
Quoted from JRay23:

Agreed, and thats a bummer because it looks like the rest of the artwork on the LE is killer.

Who would OK that and say yeah - great addition to a pretty good package by putting in this dumb goofy pic of the turtles. Doesn’t match the intensity of the rest of it.

I’m also not a fan of the color scheme on it (that green and hot orange) - /doesn’t look good BUT I do like that back glass. Pass on the LE

#982 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

Thanks. Really small - must have missed it.

#988 3 years ago

First thing I thought of after seeing the pro art was the old school Nintendo game by Ultra? Let me see if it’s a good comparison

So color scheme is maybe what's making me think of it
220px-Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_(1989_video_game) (resized).jpg220px-Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_(1989_video_game) (resized).jpg
98496bc11ab2fdf32474c0c12334be0508ad6931 (resized).jpg98496bc11ab2fdf32474c0c12334be0508ad6931 (resized).jpg

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LJN never made a Nintendo TMNT. It was always Konami/Ultra.

Yep.... Ultra! Konami#2

#1003 3 years ago

So the krang toy looks to be on the pop bumper which must be the thing that lifts it up? If so that's weak sauce bc it's really just something on top of a pop Vs a standalone toy.

Can't wait to see this play but I'm still torn on pro vs premium. I was hoping it was an easy prem choice but I'm not sure.....

I know for sure no le. Super excited to see this one. I really want to see how the pro handles the diverter.

#1020 3 years ago

There is a big red X on the left ramp. I’m thinking it’s tied to dimension X somehow - likely code related? would be cool

#1029 3 years ago

Layout looks really good. Def not concerned about the rinse and repeat (ala GOTG, Munsters, etc).

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

On the pro the left ramp plastic says "Training when lit" on the Prem/LE both ramps say "Training when lit" and " something Glider Value?" Maybe diverter missing on the pro? Not sure what that piece is on the pro though

I’m still trying to figure that out. The first pic that leaked shows what appears to be a diverter on the pro but NO Ralph. If the diverter is still there, I can live without the toy as I actually don’t even like it. I’m would be surprised though if the diverter mech and ability to change was the same on both. If it’s the same, you’re talking about a ball lock and some toy on top of a pop bumper? Would be a pro for me if that’s the case.

#1069 3 years ago

Guys what are these things I circled in yellow? They look like magnets on the pf to hold the ball? One is very large and some have turtle colors around them (yellow purple etc).

20200526_204943 (resized).jpg20200526_204943 (resized).jpg

20200526_205318 (resized).jpg20200526_205318 (resized).jpg
#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely inserts. Probably for modes. You can see the jewel look on them.

Got you. Maybe the largest one is wizard

#1077 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So, those are called “inserts”

Haha ok ok they looked like metal thought how could that be....

#1078 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's the abbreviation for this - TMNT is taken by the DE one.
STMNT (Stern TMNT)
NTMNT (Neo-TMNT)
TMNT2
Or...???

Tmnt2

#1114 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

We have not yet seen how it plays, but I'm pretty confident we'll be able to buy that "tied to a pop"-Krang and that glider thing as a mod for the Pro (without actual function of course, but I'm intrigued what that thingy does). So the Pro may be just fine?
What else are we missing?
A ramp is missing and the ball lock at least...

I think that metal thing on the pro does move to direct it. What ramp would be missing on the pro though?

#1129 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Today‘s not your day Delt.
There is nowhere to direct it other then a full stop. The two ramps arent „open“ on the pro.
The ramp missing is the missing ramp In the spot as described. XD
Just follow the shooter lane and you‘ll see. On the Premium/LE the shootrr lane seems to lead into a ramp that feeds into the cross ramps.

haha - it's hard to see these things on these pics so I'll revisit. Appreciate the info.

EDIT - still hard to see. I can tell entry from shooter is a little diff. If no diverter on pro, I can see that metal piece acting as a ball stop one on each side awaiting a third to initiate MB which would be cool.

#1148 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Game is lacking innovation in the toy department. Ramp diverter via shadow. Magnet spinner pulled right from xmen. And a physical ball lock in a van.
Game just looks cookie cutter at first glance.

I hear you on this. As someone that really isn't a big fan of a diverter feature (and if they expect you to press that middle button -even worse bc that's much harder than the shadow button placement) it is a little bit of a let down. Right now pro seems to be leading the pack for me but of course streaming gameplay is key.

I said I would be bummed if pro was the case bc that meant Stern didn't earn it but I'm not surprised. They got the art right - or right enough bc that would have been a pass no question if they went with anything but classic. Excited to see gameplay tomorrow via the teaser video. I need to hear audio!

#1183 3 years ago

I'm digging the art on the pro. When u consider the full package (backglass, sides, etc) it might be the best. LE front is absolutely awful.

Bring on the official video!

I'm also curious if Stern will have these available today to buy like ST? Is that the new expectation or was that just a one trick pony?

#1185 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

LE back glass is by far the best. I think the side art on the LE is also better. Shame the front cabinet has those overly kiddie turtles.

I agree that the backglass is the best. Pro is second for backglass bc it has April on it. Premium 3rd although all three are strong.

The LE colors to me just don't go well with the green armor. I don't like the reimagined drill in the left and the turtles look meh on the right. The front is so bad, I couldn't have picked a worse picture for it. The LE leaves a lot to be desired.

Premium side art is good too, not really amazing but solid. Premium is def #2.

Overall when I look at my GB and then Zombies DP, this art is not as in your face as those. It's still very good but I can see how people might be a little disappointed. For me it's definitely good enough and checks the box of classic tmnt that was imperative

#1227 3 years ago

Omg the redone theme song is bad. It sounds just like the redone 1up arcade.

Rarehero wtf! It’s terrible. I really hope the code somehow works on pinbrowser.

#1242 3 years ago

Still trying to figure out what that fake diverter/metal thing is in the pro? Anyone hear anything?

#1247 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I think you forget how bad bobuhlee bo bo actually was. Theme song is ridiculous but took me back.

the original theme song is STILL awesome. My kids play TMNT arcade in my house all the time. This redone song is terrible and it literally might be the same one 1up arcade did.

#1253 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Hopefully someone make a good makeover with pinballbrowser

I will be that person if pinbrowser works BUT stern cut it off a few weeks ago so all their new code blocks it from working.

#1254 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Looks like a static toy. In the Pro part of the video, the wireforms extend fully under the toy. In the Premium, there's a gap in the wireforms under the diverter and a clear plastic plate is used so the ball can change paths.

yes it's something but just curious what. There has to be something at the top b/c it appears to provide some type of function....

#1256 3 years ago

Gameplay tonight!!!! Awesome! 5CT....

#1294 3 years ago

Did anyone catch that you can select what turtle you want to play as???? It's like Pirates which I love that feature - each must be unique. That's awesome.

Also - the fake diverter on the pro is what I thought it was - it holds the balls during certain modes on the pro.

pro also has colored t molding.

I'm curious how the diverter in the prem is used b/c if it's just for fun, that middle button is a pain in the ass to press and I would prob not even use it that much. Krang is a complete waste. Ball lock is nice but not imperative. HMMMMM

I also like the pro art a lot too. SO excited to see this tonight.

They say 80s style music which is awesome but they also say original 1987 theme? It's clearly redone in the one video BUT maybe that was a hold over b/c it sounds just like the one up arcade? This wouldn't be a big deal if pinbrowser works but you can no longer change and customize music on sterns. They locked us out!

#1298 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

pinball browser can fix that.

pinbrowser no longer works.

#1349 3 years ago

I'm hearing pro available mid june. Also - any one hear if it's prem or pro or both tonight? I'm torn on what i want to see more. I really want to see the pro b/c I'm leaning that way but prem would give me a good idea on how that diverter is embedded. I also want to confirm the lack of dual spin pizza makes a difference and if there is truly another MB in prem/LE or if it's the same on the pro (8 ball vs 6 is weird).

#1365 3 years ago

I’m digging the music in the Stern videos that are not the classic theme. God they butchered the theme but I’m liking the other music.

#1368 3 years ago

So in the pro video below they show that fake diverter on the pro moving down to lock the ball then up. Curious how they really works but it seems pretty cool and is not just there doing nothing.

It also seems to have a ball lock on the pro by shooting underneath the turtle van they seem to stop there and then get released for MB.

I’m digging the pro right now. Not currently seeing the 2k diff. I also realized the premium side art is exactly the front art on the pro which I’m not thrilled about. Pro def is the best art package imo.

#1370 3 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Pretty sure that can be fixed! (Pinball browser

We need a sticky for this.

PINBROWSER NO LONGER WORKS on new code. Stern locked us out.

#1410 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Calm down. This has happened before, the creator usually figures out what they changed and releases an update fixing the lockout. Just because it’s locked at the moment doesn’t mean it will be locked indefinitely. The sky is not falling.

Maybe you need to pay a little closer attention. This is not the normal block. Stern is intentionally doing this and the creator is getting sick of it and is not confident it can be broken. This stand still has been like this for some time and is MUCH longer than before.

As for the lack of drops/bigger targets - I see why guys aren't happy but for me, I really don't care. Not a deal breaker for me but stern cheapened out - not surprised.

#1411 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

are you talking about the facebook drama between Jack Danger and Zach? holy cow that escalated quickly!!

I hate facebook - is this TMNT related or some general beef?

#1488 3 years ago

Thanks for the podcast update. That pretty much confirms the same redone garbage for the theme song used in 1up arcade is the one used here (paging Rarehero - if you hated that one, you'll need to hate this one).

I'm fine with that but don't be dicks and block pinbrowser from replacing that garbage. Also - Stern....don't say you're using the ORIGINAL theme and then give us this redone nonsense. False advertising.

Otherwise, the rest of the sounds/music seem good from what I can tell - but that's a big bummer with the BS theme.

I'm curious what this 4 levels of travel are on Premium vs the pro. The diverter does nothing for me but if for some reason there are more MBs or the premium has more ramps, that would be something but not from what I can tell.

Def not the homerun I was hoping for but they checked enough of the critical boxes for me to go in on a pro. Really excited to see it tonight. Hopefully both are shown.

#1491 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Sounds like Dwight got a co-op mode in, a select a turtle to start, and ability to level up your character, and then 8 modes and 3 wizard modes, so it sounds like a lot packed in.
pumped and ordered a Pro today.

Yes - well summarized. Seems great on paper and the ability to select a turtle should be getting more attention.

#1505 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Epic and incredible collection, Jared! Enviable on all levels! And coincidentally, I once had Vanilla Ice-cream at my birthday party! Also some cake....
I'd just like to say that when I heard Jody was having Nickelodeon in to pitch the 87 TMNT license (he and I are also HUGE fans as are innumerable members of Stern) I wanted to immediately throw my hat in the ring! I played it cool and thankfully was hit up after that meeting by Dwight and then later John to gauge my thoughts & interest. It was easy - this is the equivalent of Ghostbusters for my age range (ok 'and younger' as I am quite immature) - it's a grail theme to me.
So, while I owe John & Dwight a debt of gratitude for bringing me onto this team, we all owe Jody for pushing this license and making it all happen. He's very good at that stuff!
And as an aside - I know some of you think it's too kiddie - but if you followed the Turtles you'd realize that was a defining differentiation and unique to this version of them. THis cartoon is why we got the movies and subsequent cartoons and as a child of that era, I wanted to distill the essence of that which includes HAPPY FUN-LOVING Turtles. In this day and age, I thought other's might want that too - fwiw.
So blame me for staying true to the license - but don't knock the game till you try it - it's something very special and I'm honored to be a part of it!
Now tune in to the stream tonight and prepare to smile!
thanks - z

Guys I appreciate the passion as I share the same love for this series so in that spirit, please allow us to use pinbrowser again so we can just replace that terrible new theme song with the original along with original tmnt voice actor clips?

EDIT - I would just take the theme at this point.....that's most imperative.

Peace And love

Thanks for ensuring this was based off 1987. Thanks!

#1518 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I legitimately know nothing abut that side of things - but I'll pass it along!

That’s all I can ask. I’m in NIB. Thanks!

#1522 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You did it right. You'll never make everyone happy, but if you're going to do "the one" that gets the most people in their happy zone what you did is it.
I'm a fan of the Eastman and Laird OG red headband turtles myself, with the scratchy linework and more expressive faces. But that's old man minority talk, it wouldn't go over well with so many people.
Bright colors, the happy go lucky turtles, you hit all the right notes imo. Be nice if people could just appreciate things when they're obviously done with love and attention. Save your criticism for thing that were phoned in and done without thought, this clearly ain't that.

I think the overall view has been positive regarding art. They definitely picked the right style. Yes you have the old men who say it’s childish but those guys are throw aways as is. Zombie did a fine job.

#1525 3 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

The Pro's ability to hold a ball on the wire ramps interests me. The Premium/LE diverter looks like fun, though as mentioned, the Pro owner can always shoot the correct ramp to get to the in-lane of their choice but stopping a ball on the wire ramp during a multiball on the Pro potentially gives the player a greater level of control. I can't wait to play this machine in person.

I agree. What how does it work. Hopefully that’s answered tonight.

Kudos to stern for showing gameplay day of release. THANK YOU!

#1574 3 years ago

Watching now. Some of these voices are absolutely terrible.... Turtles in particular like leo. Some are fine (krang splinter). Jury out on shredder..... Although thats a good thing. I think he's going to be fine. April borderline. Leo saying turkey for example awful.

Art for some of the villains on lcd like slash are very bad and don't match the art by zombie...wtf?

Code looks loaded which is great. Layout and flow looks great too.

#1624 3 years ago

SOOOOOOO that stream. I very rarely watch these things live on twitch but i'm a huge fan of this game so I was in there with the rest. Sometimes the self congratulating was over the top by the stern guys and Jack of course gushing but whatever - people were excited. I get it and really a BIG shout out for these guys to show us day 1. Really appreciated that.

Overall this game is def good. It's not amazing. It's not terrible. It's def not innovative at all and that leaves me disappointed but it's a fools game to expect that from stern. In fact the last "innovation" (which it wasn't) was that disaster ST prem projector that I could barely see when they showed it off and it was even worse in person. Speaking of ST - this game murders the code on Stranger Things day 1.

Also - I noticed Kaneda was on the stream and although I usually agree with the kid on many things - his comment about only middle class or some stupid comment on poorer people buying pros and people should step it up. Just a dumb misguided comment that really only gives the haters more things to say. Just a really dumb comment. Here's a protip K - use your brain and buy the prem or LE if it's worth it. Otherwise, you're just like the sheep you call out - mindless.

SO....pros and cons

+Art is really good

+Code looks really good. Biggest surprise for me thus far in the right direction. I'm excited for it. Loves the modes and the approach. Good job Dwight.

+Layout. Damn that layout looked really good. Very flowy.

+/- LCD art: This varied from great to terrible. A lot of it was good. But then I saw slash who looked really REALLY bad and April was hopefully a placeholder b/c that would be a joke if it stayed as is. Just inconsistent but I would say majority was decent to good.

-/+ Custom Voices: Leo bad, April bad BUT some were good. Krang was the best - splinter, mikey, Don (OK) even Shredder was decent. Overall disappointed they didn't get the original actors but hopefully pinbrowser is allowed.

- Custom Theme of Original Theme - it's not their fault. Nick wants people to use this garbage BUT I asked them to allow us to right the wrong with pinbrowser. We shall see

- Stupid action button nonsense. Stop the mashing. I'm not complaining too much about it b/c I didn't see multiplier city so I'll take the trade off.

Excited for the stream on Friday for the pro. They were very secretive about the pro and it's features. Not sure why but they're holding out on us until Friday.

Pro all the way on this one for me (for now). Better art, premium features not enough from what I've seen thus far. I also don't like the art side and front as much.

Good job Stern. Wish I could say amazing but I'm happy.

#1660 3 years ago

So Dwight mentioned that the diverter also holds the ball in place which is what that metal thing is on the pro. On the pro no diverter but they have the hold feature. Some modes like foot 123 enable the hold ball feature so the player can look up and see they won the mode. Then the ball is released. So that explains that

It’s also nice to see that there is a physical ball lock on the pro which is underneath the van. There is no unlock open van door ball release for that specific mb which is 8 balls on the premium and 6 on the pro

#1664 3 years ago

I hope krang talks as much when you shoot him on pro. That voice work is really good

Leo is by far the worst turtle. He sounds like such a big P. Let’s take these turkeys out? C’mon now. They really should have gotten someone with a lot more horsepower.

#1669 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I hope so! I always look forward to playing a new Stern on location! JP2 was the closest I came to home ownership, but I always go in wanting to like a pin!

If there's no ramp diverter, that kind of sucks, as that's definitely a feature of gameplay. Not that the trex moving wasn't, but how much in comparison to that is the diverter mech, sans toy?

For me that diverter isn’t important. Not even close to a real toy. I hate using that middle button on the lock bar and now I won’t have to even worry about it which is fine with me. Plus the toy on the diverter is bulk and cheap looking. It’s no magna slings our trex that actually eats the ball and throws it. Those were worth the upgrade and why I went premium. So far not seeing it

#1674 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I would guess not as there is no Krang on the pro. For me...the premium is stacked and is a total no brainer. Pro is weak sauce.

Nah - that’s a switch triggered when you shoot the krang shot so I would expect the voice to trigger off that. I’m ok losing the pop bumper toy. Can always add a toy that’s on that pop of I wanted. I’ve never seen exclusive speech for Prem or LE on recent sterns

rather put the extra 2k towards gnr

#1677 3 years ago

“WE really hip”

Redone theme song can’t even get the words correct. GD Nickelodeon.

#1690 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Other than ramp placement on a flipped layout, what else is there? TFTC has a 3-bank target in the middle, a VUK, no third ramp, cross shots are different, a scoop that TMNT doesn’t have, ramps go to different flippers, and pops are in a different location.
But yeah, besides all of those glaring issues, similar layouts.

he's not saying they're identical. No question they are similar in those pics. Not a bad thing he's just pointing it out.

#1712 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Im all for a good buzz-word insult, doomer.

Ok fellas....let’s get back to the topic at hand.

Jack is just streaming the pro so no QA with the devs for the pro. Clear they’re pushing Prem/LE to sell. I’m excited for Friday’s stream

#1752 3 years ago

Kind of off topic but I finally watched that action figures tmnt episode from Netflix and it was great. Highly recommend if you haven’t seen it already

#1763 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

I will have to say, I honestly do not get this choice of theme. The game play, shot layout, art (he killed it!), and options with characters looks great. The rules sound great! But... it's the Ninja Turtles! I have to imagine we are mostly adults in this community. I find it super odd that people are clamoring over a cartoon from 40 years ago that most people forgot about. I understand that Stern is trying to milk the wallet of a certain age bracket, but it's a shame that we can't see something more relevant with this kind of potential. To each their own I suppose. We will wait for the next one.

let me guess - you were born in the 70s or earlier?

It's incredible how misinformed people are regarding turtles. The new TMNT is apparently (for Nickelodeon) killing it with sales b/c now you have adults and kids involved. They bought TMNT for 60 million and last year I heard 400+ million in rev. Nice investment!

I personally don't do the whole action figure thing (left that after I was a kid) but many people still collect and this theme is such a cash cow, it's insane. There are actual numbers to support this too (Nick tv, Playmate toy sales, Raw Thrills TMNT arcader sales which ranks as it's #1 by far, etc).

I expect this machine to kill on route assuming things get back to near capacity.

#1920 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

So I’ll always defend Dwight! He’s an amazing talent and genuine guy on all fronts. The thoughtful nature of his approach is part of why I love working with him!
I get your frustrations and they are warranted based on appearance - but there’s always more to the story and as much as I hate to throw this out there, Take Ghostbusters : that momentum got derailed by the designers personal actions imo.
If you look at the timeline, you’ll see why the idea of boosting up that game after ‘he who will not be named’ shocked us all, was not going to happen. The game was tarnished for me and others and took a long time to wash that taste away...
But when it felt right, Dwight was determined to reclaim that game and he outdid himself for my money.
I can’t claim to know all the inner workings at Stern - but there are always factors you don’t see that affect projects.
Just remind yourself that encouraging words will yield a better headspace for a creative like Dwight than tearing him down on a forum ...just my 2 cents as a creative lol
Oh, and his work on tmnt coop will set standards moving forward - just wait till you get a chance to play on a team game!

I think one of the best takeaways from the new tmnt is how good the code looks! Good job Dwight!

#1929 3 years ago

Pro stream 6pm est deadflip. Pumped.

#1971 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Why when they can pay less for voice actors and have the pinball community create custom code if they want that level of detail. In most cases the licensee holds all the cards and they pretty well dictate to the manufacture what assets they can and cannot use. I would rather see a best effort keep the cost low and allow the community to get creative if they want and add in the original sounds if people are that anal. Stern should be putting all of their resources in layout, art, animation, and code. I couldn't care less about about the sound of the machine as long as it can be customized if it sucks.

would be nice if they let us do custom code but that's no longer the case. Pinbrowser doesn't work.

And my god - there is NO way that April art is final. It has to be a placeholder!

TMNT is real deal though. Code was all of our biggest concerns and Dwight seems to have nailed it. Pro debut in 2 hours.

#1990 3 years ago

Pro has all the krang call outs as Prem

Nice

#1993 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Uh, they just stated that, altough the Pizza is the only toy that made it into the Pro, even that one is compromised.
Different Motor aka servo/ wiring (only rotates in one direction and... maybe one speed also).
So:
- Lost one ramp (shooter lane)
- Lost the raphael glider direction change
- Lost the Van lock
- Lost the hopping Krang

Saying the shooter ramp is a lost ramp is a joke

There is an actual ball lock on the pro behind the van which is great to see. This is a clear pro for me. I’m not a big diverter guy and therefore this is pretty easy. I’m enjoying this stream even more. The overall package when played without stopping seems really slick. The voices are really even better than I originally thought

Pizza mech looks great and yes one spin is perfectly fine. I almost go premium but stern is giving a lot in this pro and the art package is great. If that LE front Art was on it I literally would have passed haha

Great stream jack

#1995 3 years ago

Yeah game looks great

The skill shoot animations remind me of the cuts in the old 1987 theme song intro from the cartoon which is great

Edit - they have the let’s kick Shell from tmnt turtles in tune when you coin up

Nice

#2004 3 years ago

If you guys are not watching this pro stream - check it out later. This game is a BEAST on the pro and overall, with jack playing it as is, this game’s code is great and it just works on so many levels. prob the best offering from stern on a pro that I’ve seen. RGB, an actual ball lock and more. Great art package too.

#2016 3 years ago

So I’m done watching any more of this game. It’s clearly a winner and my choice of a pro was finalized with that stream.

Going forward it’s seems like pinside is allowing a club thread to be opened before the release of the game. I wasn’t aware that was allowed so I was thinking of making this thread the club thread considering so much info is already here and I HATE multiple threads for the same game (to discuss).

#2030 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There is a physical ball lock under it, though. Not as cool as coming out of the van, but at least it's not a virtual lock.

Yep and for me that’s big. I hate virtual locks but stern out of nowhere decides to break the trend and give us a real lock on the pro.

Btw - I laugh when I hear people say the pizza spins BOTH ways on the pemium. Holy shit - both ways!!!! Wow!

This is what the premium comes down to. Do you want that diverter? No, go pro. Yes, go premium.

#2034 3 years ago

Spoiler - the ball moves in many directions either way. I’m sure Borg and others says it makes a HUGE diff. For 2k+ I would say the same too ; )

I watched both stream (Prem and pro) - pizza looked the same to me.

JP premium = no brainer. Anyone with a JP and no trex (aka Sterns best toy in years if not ever) is missing out

This is not that. but that’s just me. I prob should stop pumping the pro before stern nerfs it!

#2038 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty much been Delt having the argument with himself, but yeah.

Not really - check the thread.

I agree though - that’s why there are options out there to choose from. Some might not choose wisely but that’s fine ; ) I can truly understand though people that want that diverter they’re going Prem.

#2152 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think the ball gets stopped by a post before releasing to the upper flipper and then the other balls launch from the trough. so the truck is "useless," no?

I think he's referring to the ball lock when you shoot the pizza lane under the van. It happens right in the beginning of the pro stream. Jack hits that shot on ball one and the game locks it then another ball gets put into the shooter and Jack needs to plunge to continue.

What you're describing also happens on the pro but it's the setup for turtle power MB where the last shot gets held by a post them it's released and the remaining balls get shot into play automatically. I noticed even on that, the mech on the pro that's located where the diverter is in the premium - it actually will lock both of the balls shot into play once the player hits them up the ramps. They are then released automatically resulting in the feel off everything coming at you at once. It's shown pretty early on the stream as well.

That was a great stream by Jack. Both pro and premium

#2153 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So premium vs pro. Left ramp always feeds to left flipper. Right ramp does not return to bottom flippers. So how important is it to feed the left ramp to either flipper. Could mean better flow to have repeatable right flipper to left ramp? Does open up more strategy. Pro does look good though besides the diverter.

Not following. Right ramp returns to right flipper

#2163 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I believe the right ramp returns to the upper left flipper (think left ramp on Rick and Morty). The only way to get to the right flipper return is through the inner loop ramp (a tougher shot from an upper flipper). With the premium, you can use the diverter to use the left ramp to return to either flipper. This is a good observation and another key benefit of the diverter from the premium/LE.

Yep went back to the video and noticed the same. I liked that the game sets up the top left shot like that. Feels great when you hit it then and go back right. I also like how you can use the diverter to force right on the premium if you want to avoid the skill way. Win win.

Wish Stern would have used the shadow approach and put buttons near flipper for diverter Going to that middle button it's still annoying especially with how fast this game is. Going to be a game of twister haha

#2182 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The game is based on the original 87 cartoon...not sure if it’s streaming anywhere, but that’s the basis.
Remake movies are awful, but the 2nd one does have Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady & Baxter.
The original 1990 movie is great. Still holds up, Jim Henson’s turtle costumes look amazing, the acting is good & it has a lot of heart. I still think it’s one of the best comic book/hero movies ever made.
2nd movie is more kiddie/cheesy, but decent & fun enough. Hs the “legendary” Vanilla Ice Ninja Rap.
3rd movie is a horrible garbage fire. Avoid.

nothing but the truth here. Well said.

#2192 3 years ago

Overall, I would say this is one of the most positive reactions I can remember. Yes there are diff opinions on prem vs pro but that's expected. Besides someone saying they don't like the theme, I haven't heard any negative feedback on the game itself.

#2200 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dingleberry gave me a thumbs up, too. Definitely a weird positivity vibe happening...

The last time I recall this type of reaction was Stern's best game ever......JP2.

Crazy that the release of JP was recent. To say pinball isn't getting some real knock outs would be crazy. I'm loving it.

#2220 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Lol they locked the club thread.

Oh nice....yeah it's closed. Glad to see! Club should only be open once the game actually ships.

I plan on changing the title of this thread to the club b/c we have so much good info in here and I prefer keeping it in one thread. Obviously I will be an owner, as will many in this thread.

So FYI - hype = club (once it ships) as it should. 1987 goodness! I'll take suggestions on thread titles too....

#2223 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I'd say just start a new club thread, there really isn't all that much good info here and like 40 pages of bickering and BS.
I'd rather not have a club thread that STARTS with 20 pages of speculation.

Interesting view. Yeah I'm not tied to the decision if a separate thread is necessary. Actually a good point.

Quoted from ectobar:

You just don't want to lose you OP badge.

haha OP badge. Never heard of that - I'm assuming you mean having the responses in blue? Could care less - believe me, I never need any help making an impact ; ) Seriously though, I want everything in the same thread and not have multiple clubs like JP. I also think it makes sense hype translates to club b/c this is real deal TMNT old school fans in here - just want to carry that into the club. Not have some random thread and now you're checking both.

#2226 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

He means this
I'm inclined to agree though that this should NOT be a club thread. Too much speculation and hate. Also lots of lurkers that likely won't ever own one. People love speculation bit that's done now. If anything, change this to another Next Stern Speculations but not a TMNT club. Imagine this is your first pin, you discover Pinside and this thread and read through all the garbage before any actual owners start showing up in the thread. Boo urns.[quoted image]

Yeah I understand. Good point. Ok leaving this as is and will make the club thread for owners once they start shipping. I'm hoping to get one of the first pros but we'll see.

#2231 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

LOTR only has 6 main modes... iron maiden only 6, could probably post 1000 examples. As long as it's filled out elsewhere with some cool mini wizard modes and multiballs it'll be all good.

and this is day 1 code. Really can't complain with code like this day one.

#2274 3 years ago

I think side art on saturated games like tmnt and DP is way too much as well and much prefer mirror blades BUT if you’re getting the LE and basically removing one of the unique offerings, not only is that a waste but for any future owner, if you were to sell, that’s a loss for them too.

#2286 3 years ago

Yes and yes. In fact topper idea are welcome. Would love to see what mod companies after designing. Been pretty quiet.

#2308 3 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

The NECA Krang action figure is going to be a great add-on for the Pro....Maybe wire up an LED inside the machine with Krang and have it run off one of the pop bumpers.
[quoted image]

You don’t think it’s going to be too big?

#2347 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

As someone who owns a Shadow, I think diverters add such a fun element to the game! You can chain some crazy shots and it is such a rush.

I own shadow as well. This is no shadow diverter. That's like the BMW of diverters. This is as bare as it gets. In fact they made no adjustment to the location of it like shadow to accommodate the player..... Just stuck it in to fill in the blank as they never know what to do with that button on the lockdown bar.

It's definitely a nice to have..... Why not. But it's no shadow

#2408 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ll just set this here...
Konami 1992 vs Stern 2020
[quoted image]

Well said. I just can’t imagine that art not being updated.

There is no one at stern that looks at that April art and says wow looks great. They have to fix it.

#2424 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

A guy on eBay is selling repro’s. Just bought one. Makes a nice game room piece regardless.
ebay.com link
Or you can use the Turtles in Time topper... if you can find it. I don’t think anyone’s making repro’s of this one though. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the link - bought the topper as a hold over until something better.

Tmolding green ftw all day. Pro actually has it which is a nice change from stern as usually pro doesn't get colored trim.

#2518 3 years ago

Soooo anyone hearing about pros being available this week? No confirmation on my end. Was hoping to get one this week but might be next

#2596 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Does anyone have any ideas on how a playfield protector would work with the pizza spinning disc? I was planning on buying a protector but then i remembered about the disc.

There is prob a cut out for it but save yourself the hassle as the protector will make it play differently. I wouldn't buy one.

#2619 3 years ago

Just watched the original tmnt with my kids for the first time. Haven't seen it in awhile.... Movie holds up well.

#2627 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

For those wondering, it looks like late June is the ship date for TMNT Pro, I have one on order and expect it mid-late July in Alaska. Definitely excited to have it on location.

Damn was hoping early but ok. Haha

#2650 3 years ago

Oh HELL yes!

#2713 3 years ago

Calm before the storm. Games should be shipping early next week. Club thread to be opened soon!

The hype is turning into hands on reality soon.

#2753 3 years ago

I'm hearing the same now from my distributor.

Apparently Stern wants all of the pros being made on location. Then LEs then pros for home use.

Doesn't make any sense considering operators can't really run full speed right now. They really should do half and half.

Sucks. Looks like pros will be mid to late July.

#2771 3 years ago

I've bought many pros day 1 so this new to me. I've never waited for a pro AFTER LEs.

Side art blades look REALLY good. Pro with non LE art blades.....I'll take it stern.

#2774 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

I just had a confirmation from my dealer that The TMNT delay is real.
Right now since Stern is at 50% of the production capacity frist phase, they doing PRO for export and some locations market in the USA.
Limited stock for Canada is scheduled for July and the main Pro run will be in production in August.

man I hope it's not LE, then prem then Pro. Can't be right ; )

#2787 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinlover88:

I feel the same way! People keep whispering in my ear to get the hot wheels one but my heart keeps telling me to get the TMNT one because that's my childhood on a pinball machine right there!!

Hot wheels? Please. Yes it looks to be their best offering but that isn’t saying much.

#2797 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

There are no plans to add Midnight Madness to Turtles. Sorry.

Dwight - it looks like you really created some great code for this game. Thank you!

#2817 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I wish it wasn't true . The Black Knight head as Shredder would be awesome .
Personally I have no problem with them retheming a topper that has already been done .

I agree. I would buy a repurposed topper and that one actually looks cool and would be worth a little more

#2869 3 years ago

what a great looking game!

#2887 3 years ago

Good to hear about the stream however I'm no longer watching any videos as it's close enough and I don't want to be oversaturated but experience as much as I can when I open it. I will definitely be looking for unboxings as I can't get enough of those!

Well the hype has officially been achieved and I'm off to the club thread. Thank you Stern and team for delivering what appears to be a great game. You have my money on this one.
Cheers.

#2909 3 years ago

Feedback thus far has been overwhelming positive. It's following very much the path we saw with JP Stern and we know how that turned out!

#2919 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Can't we close this thread? i dont want another JP double thread- double posting chaos

As the OP of this thread, please close. I agree. We don’t need two.

#2923 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

The hype has proven true!!!

Proven yes. Forgotten never!

#2972 3 years ago

Love the pics. Keep them coming. This is a homerun for stern.

1 week later
#3020 3 years ago

People checking the temperatures of coils.

God bless pinside haha

3 weeks later
#3123 3 years ago

my pro should be here today or tomorrow!

5 months later
#3149 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

The premiums have loads of issues with the diverter and other things. The print quality should be the only concern on a pro.

PF issues on the early pros no doubt (pooling, peeling) - so check that out. If the art is extended to the posts, it’s very high chance it will pool/crack. Get the ones with no art- printing/color thing is imo not even close to this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,999.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Panama City Beach, FL
$ 16.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.