20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1350 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For $6k -$9k+ these games should have a lot of licensed assets. A

Do you ever get tired of saying this? About 100 times a year you type some variation of this complaint.

It might be time for you to recalibrate what you think you should expect for $6-9k. Clearly you are the one with the disconnect here.

#1811 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

For the snowflakes, this is in no way a criticism of the layout, but it is like a mirrored TFTC. That's a good thing as I like TFTC.
[quoted image]

I think we just have to suck it up at this point and recognize that after 70 years of flipper pingame design, every single layout is gonna be similar to previous games that have been produced by the industry. I also like to play the "looks like" game but I can't snowflake out on it and get annoyed at comparisons or repetitions.

So sayeth Joe Pesci, it is what it is.

#1812 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pro is always less headache.
Have tried the Prem for route and regretted it every time.

THey really should just rename these the "BSEs"... (Ball Search Edition)

#1822 3 years ago

So who started the "Cowabunga!" revolution?

Was it the Turtles, or was it Bart Simpson?

This is important.

#1826 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I thought you were an older guy its actually Howdy Doody.

CHrist how old do you think I am?!?!

#1831 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Sorry man, I didn't realize how old Howdy Doody was, just thought of it as before my time and that you seemed older than me and I'm almost 50.

My DAD watched Howdy Doody as a little kid

Oh and my Mom was on the Mickey Mouse club once.

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Do any of you fuckin’ nerds actually play pinball.

Tough but fair

#1949 3 years ago

This is definitely the worst theme Stern has done in a long, long time.

However, there are people that for some reason love mutant ninja turtles, so for them it's a good theme.

I think it's pretty much like that with every game. Makes me wonder why people even say they hate a theme.

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Define "worst"?

It would be pointless to elaborate!

Let's just say I never got the teenage mutant fucking ninja turtles. Maybe I'm too old?!

There ya go Odin! That's progress! They are making games for the 44 and under crowd now!

Quoted from flashinstinct:

I'd take a TMNT over a Black Knight

You sir have terrible taste!

#1955 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

So by worst, you mean least appealing to you personally?

No actually a Columbia University study has determined scientifically it's an awful theme.

Report is to be released tomorrow.

#1960 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I will say this though; one of my biggest concerns about the game, which may be the reason I end up not getting one, is they appear to be spending a lot of resources on multiplayer. Being an older guy (44) with young kids, It's probably been 2+years since I sat down with some pinheads and enjoyed multiplayer games.

So you want Stern to bring back the one player machine?

Asteroid Annie 2?!

#2073 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I would be interested if it had something new to offer. So far not that impressed. Just seems more of the same.

You might need to change hobbies.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 70 years in all flipper games are “more of the same.”

#2103 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They promised an "exciting gameplay experience" which Munsters is not. It's about as dull, repetitive and shallow as they come. When CASUALS at locations hate it in droves, that's a problem. Sitting right next to an Attack from Mars, which probably has LESS code, the AfM DESTROYED it in earnings, even the first week at the location I helped with.

Yeah the original press release calling it stupefyingly dull and dumb didn’t get approved by marketing.

Pretty sure “exciting” is subjective though, I don’t think this would hold up in court.

#2117 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Fully agreed, no game will sell if you tell everyone upfront it’s going to be simple and you’ll only get a few meaningful code updates. The OP that said we have no one to blame but ourselves is sucking up to Dwight and Stern. If that’s the case, we should all stop buying all unfinished games, till a year later, when they’re actually completed code wise and Stern can kiss LE sales goodbye. Because we all know when the hype simmers down, so do the sales.
Stern creates expectations by past patterns code update wise. Hence the reason we’re willing to buy unfinished games. It is reasonable to assume based on past production, that code will greatly improve. Do you think for one second if Keith Elwin would have been on Munsters that he would let the code be so simple and shallow as Munsters? Not a chance!
Lol, using a Beatles Boutique game as an example that cost more., come on OP, get real. Completely irrelevant, since it is not a cornerstone game like Munsters. The examples I used of deep well coded games, were all apples to apples comparisons, of other equally priced cornerstone games. We all know what they were trying to achieve with Beatles upfront. Take a good look at sales numbers on that one. It was dismal to say the least. It cost Stern more in reputation than the tiny profit made. Would think they’d not have done that one, if they knew how bad the outcome would be sales and reputation wise.

Beatles is an iron man situation waiting to happen.

A few years from now it’ll be sought after and prices will be way up.

#2127 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. Iron Man is a FUN, abusive short ride you want to do again and again, and the market finally caught up with it. Beatles is just sort of there. If prices go up on Beatles eventually, it will be from fans of the band (who are also dying off at an alarming rate, so...) who don't mind having a pin with a 1960's girl's lunchbox color scheme and not because it's an awesome hidden gem of a game.

Meh.

All my friends LOVE to play beatles.. So do I. Cause it’s fun. It’s also the Beatles. It’s an abusive short ride you just want to do again

You’ll see!!! When the remaining stock gets sucked up and stern doesn’t make any more, this one will start to get hot. You’ll Just have to grimace and accept the rising prices and popularity in the aftermarket.

Pin heads have literally zero idea what they actually want, and put way too much stock in what the mob says instead of thinking for themselves. That’s why you saw on sale flops and pinside punching bags like POTC and Iron Man going for a huge premium years after they flopped. Even “turds” like Rolling Stones and WOF go for more now than they did NIB because they are good games. It’ll happen again.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Panama City Beach, FL
$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.