20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#991 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Loving the mono targets these days.

Lol. Who sais there’s no innovation in pinball anymore.

#1013 3 years ago

Solid Borg layout- looks like fun.

Unfortunately can’t get past the theme. If I had any nostalgia for theme I’d be a happy camper though.

#1021 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Save the pictures if you want to keep them guys...the C&D notices are flying around facebook already.

Really??? WTF??? Honestly, in this era?

Unless the C&D’s are just part of the whole charade.

#1023 3 years ago

Layout reminds me of a mirrored Tales from the Crypt.

#1039 3 years ago

These are better than the usual Distro leak images. Distro must have upgraded his Iphone.

#1045 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Who is on code?

You don’t want to know.

Actually that’s a bit harsh. But you’d be crazy to buy this until you see how the code shapes up.

#1054 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

That's what I thought, fun looking layout but having 1313 flashbacks

Those flashbacks would be warranted.

All I wish for is another Lyman/Borg combo.

#1638 3 years ago

Just watched a few minutes of the stream. Fame looks FUN. Layout awesome. Liking the art in real life. Still trying to get past the theme, but not as off-putting as I originally thought.

Still need to dig deeper into the code but seems pretty complete for Stern?

#1671 3 years ago

For the snowflakes, this is in no way a criticism of the layout, but it is like a mirrored TFTC. That's a good thing as I like TFTC.

tmntvstftc (resized).jpgtmntvstftc (resized).jpg
#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

You just posted two pictures, even when orientated to look the way you want them to, don’t look like similar layouts at all. Two ramps in somewhat relative placement (and again, you flipped one of the pics) doesn’t make layouts equal, and those you showed have countless other differences.

As I said - looks like a MIRRORED tftc. Apologies if you cant see the similarities.

#1695 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Dude...game designers mirror their old layouts and rework them for new titles ALL THE TIME.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Don’t have to go all the way back to a mirrored TFTC to make a thinly veiled comparison.

Honestly, if I was a designer I'd take old CAD layouts, flip them, stretch them, etc etc. You'd be crazy not to. I seriously doubt any designer sits at a completely blank canvas and draws from scratch anymore. Its like using as a template.

Just stating it as a point of interest. Like seeing an evolution of an "artists" work. Just another thing to geek out over in pinball.

#1706 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I don’t see it man. Nice p

Snowflake

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Oh oh oh. Can we start calling people “boomers” too??? I love buzz word insults!

Im all for a good buzz-word insult, doomer.

#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

What’s a snowflake?

"Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions."

Was just being ironic by getting offended and calling you a snowflake for "insulting" me. Anyway, all these "insults" I'm throwing around are supposed to be a joke, but Pinside has the built in joke filter active today so they don't work.

Quoted from kingfishtr:

Jack held it all together. Well done.

Jacks streams get slicker by the day. Given it was a zoom integration, it was pretty seamless.

#1874 3 years ago

Sorry if this has been addressed....is there any opportunity to change character during the game? Do you "complete" characters?

#1879 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

CHrist how old do you think I am?!?!

OK Boomer.

#1886 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

level up all four turtles gaining their specific perks as I go until the whole playfield is lit up for points explosions.

Exactly this.

#1889 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

There are no animations on AS that look as bad as the April one. What animations on AS look bad anyway? I think they’re pretty good and I’m picky on that. For a band game, I’d say well done.

Agreed, never understood the hatred for AS animations. I think it was just a case of being the first (?) animated Stern game with the LCD. Now everyone has set their expectations accordingly but AS still retains that legacy.

#2266 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Not quite AT ALL, $9099USD to AUD is $13,390 - and we have to pay GST (10%) like on everything. So comes to $14,729.
Being sold at $14,500 seems pretty fair to me.

And they have to get it here.

#2309 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I remember seeing people fill their playfields with extra TMNT toys on the Data East model. Think people will do that again on this one?

Guaranteed - like death and taxes.

#2488 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

That's almost certainly a prototype game that doesn't have a screened playfield. That's how they build the games for photoshoots/streams as part of their announce activities.

Quite normal for Stern production games unfortunately - part of the great Stern QC lottery.

#2505 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

NOTE TO SELF: yancy does not like "that's what she said" jokes.

Don’t worry beelzeboob , the Pinside humour feature has been broken for a while now.

#2520 3 years ago

Just remembered Metallica had a big mono target for fuel. Why the hatred now? Don’t recall much complaining back then.

#2527 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It didn’t originally until Stern changed after it was finished.
Edit: I remember people being upset about the spinner I think but the Pro was also a lot less than a Pro now.
[quoted image]

Ah, spinnergate.....fond memories of when Pro’s were $4500 and we still complained.

#2604 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Foot Pedal
[quoted image]

There was alot of talk about moving the button on BKSOR. Did anyone actually modify their BKSOR for this? Like drill a new hole for another button, or run a wire to a simple surface mounted switch near the flipper buttons. Simple solution.

#2679 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Production shipment schedule. June/July, August, Sept, Oct, Nov. It's a big title.

More likely because their production capacity is down due to Covid.

1 week later
#2862 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Same thing happened with GB LE, someone offered me +$2k for my pre-ordered one. Doesn't necessarily mean game is good, or not, some are just late for a NIB one. Prices tend to drop after the initial hype.

Exactly. Just means the hype is good.

1 week later
#3011 3 years ago

We all know the only reason this game is so far along at release is Covid. Wouldnt expect it to be a permanent thing once all this cr*p is over.

Has there ever been a Stern game released with a code dev number over 1.0? How far back do we have to go?

Edit: Just saw the GOT comment above. Didint realise that - that's impressive.

#3054 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mode insert bracket set is in the pinside pinmonk store now.
Turtle Power bracket was already there earlier in the week.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thought you were schilling Pinstadiums for a second there.

They look great - such a simple fix.

#3078 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Got some more games in today. I'm leaning towards 1-2-3 as it stands is ok. Internet rage seems to be a little high.

Haven’t seen much rage. Seems to be more rage against the imagined rage.

2 weeks later
#3095 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not yet. I'm waiting to finalize the wire harness (I am going to increase the gauge of the wire a bit since the factory sample wiring harnesses need a little more heft, and I also may add a little length). The harness supports 2 coils, and the vast majority of kits will probably be the 2 coil one, but I've made the harness modular, so you can get a 4 coil set (if you have upper flippers) and everything snaps together.
I had to change the bracket design to raised off the playfield underside because depending on the game, sometimes there's a lot of crap like lights, etc packed close to the flipper coils. So rather than having to custom design a bracket for every other pin, I'm pretty sure now that the raised design will fit on all or the vast majority of spike pins, so that's the one I've settled on. If I find a spike machine where it won't work, I can make a custom bracket for that one pin. Should save a lot of work, and cools about the same.
The kit is:
2 x 40 x 40 fans (same as in the Spike 500W power supply quiet fan plug n play kits)
2 x Angled Fan Brackets
4 x Longer screws to mount bracket through flipper coil plate holes
4 x Mounting screw for fan into bracket
4 x Mounting nut for fan into bracket
1 x 1A Fused multi-segment modular wiring harness with two fan connectors
New style raised, angled bracket
[quoted image]
Older, abandoned low bracket design
[quoted image]

Nice useful mod PinMonk . Guessing these will also work on Soooky games? My TNA could definitely use them and I’m guessing R&M also.

#3097 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would have to make a wiring harness specifically for Spooky games, but since they have a dedicated AUX power supply, it's an easier proposition. I don't know how Spooky manages their coil pulsing - do they have fade? I haven't played one long enough to notice it.

Yeh, they heat up and fade - at least on TNA. Particularly if you beef up the hold power which is needed for the scoop ejects. I’m guessing it’s the same for RM.

I’ll put my hand up to be a guinea pig.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 22.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.