20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#691 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Who’s coding this one?

I think Dwight.

#696 3 years ago

Don’t blame Dwight for Munsters. Gomez wanted a simple game. That’s what he got. Star Wars has great code. GOT on steroids. I get not being a fan of what Dwight likes to do, but his rules are fantastic if not held back.

#699 3 years ago

Main difference is the hyper loop. Pretty awesome feature. Also there the exploding Death Star which is cool too. Is it worth the extra money? That’s up to you.

1 week later
#827 3 years ago

I think tonight is the meeting so public tomorrow or Thursday.

#883 3 years ago

So no subways in this? Would’ve been cool to have a sewer lid that opened to put the ball in and have a clear window on the playfield that showed the ball traveling underneath. Could’ve been hard to have that amongst the artwork on the playfield though unless you could print art on top of the tunnels too. Diverters underneath to send the ball to one of 2-3 exit points.

A friend had a cool idea too that the sewer could act as a gobble hole too at times. Green is go and red is dead. So hit the sewer at the wrong time and you’re ball feeds the drain.

#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I'm getting some serious vibes from the area under the right ramp. Feels like the ramp entrance and gem shot from Tron.

Hopefully just a tad easier than the gem shot. Haha

#1031 3 years ago

Stern should probably have their meeting with distros After They make their official press release.

That is if they truly want to stop the leaks.

#1080 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

2X when it’s lit
4X when it’s flashing
6x when its pulsing
12x when its purple
24x when it’s orange

I’m down.

#1096 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I know you are! ....and since I love GOT & SW multipliers, I guess I am too!

If I had to guess, this will be a lot closer to SW and GOT than Munsters.

Selectable characters with various powers. Lots of combos and pf x but maybe a 10-15x shot max instead of 25-40.

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Conversely, I only agree with his second statement. Dwight has made games that are acceptable at best. Nothing mind blowing has ever come from him, and have been bad at worst. Not a spectrum of quality that has me salivating when I see him on code.

Everyone’s different. He’s my favorite coder at stern. I love GOT and SW. GB I’d like more if the layout shot better. Munsters isn’t geared towards me so I never expected to like it as much as GOT and SW.

I expect this code to be a lot closer to GOT and SW and GB. or at least I hope it is. Can’t wait to see what Dwight has come up with.

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

He..... wh........ what? More than Lyman? Is he a friend? I never EVER see a new game and think to myself "oh god I hope it's Dwight doing code. Please god please make it Dwight on code this game."

Yep. GOT blew my mind and SW is like GOT on steroids. I love the fanfare he creates for those massive multiplied shots. I’m a sucker for big points.

Lymans amazing and so is Elwin. Dwights games just speak to me more especially when combined with a design that is fast and flowly.

#1212 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I like most of Dwights games, he just doesn't seem to get in any hurry to get updates out for them. Nice guy, good coder, but i would like to see things get done faster from him.

What about GOT or SW wasn’t done within 6-8 months of release? Same question for Munsters.

#1214 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Maybe when you love a franchise the expectations are too high.

Absolutely this. It’s impossible to please the diehards of a particular theme.

#1219 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Is there an actual purpose to these long bank targets. I mean are there actual bonus scored if you hit two target switches at the same time or is this just one big target to replace 4 targets? How does it know that you've hit lets say the R in LAIR?

You get there letters in order I believe.

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Munsters needs a little more work on some if the modes, some would say it needs ALOT more work. I love Munsters as is but I would like to see a few changes. GB took forever, not sure about SW. GOT was done nicely.

Munsters is complete though. It’s all there. Sure some don’t like the way it’s coded, but it’s complete. That’s all I’m trying to say.

GB can be debated, but I was able to beat the game before and there wasn’t any mode that wasn’t there (excluding AYAG. Again. Debatable).

#1225 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

No RGB inserts shown in that video, I'd suspect the arrows still will be but I bet that's it.

Yeah that seems to be the standard now.

The pro has the spinning magnet. I wouldn’t been surprised if it didn’t even have that.

Looks to shoot smooth, can’t wait to play one!

#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I'm not being negative but if I knew nothing about this pin at all I would know it was Borg because it's a combination of 3-4 of his previous pins. I think it will be fun and that's what's most important but unique isn't what Borg does. He tends to go with what works and improves on it and there's a place for that too as I love Tron and XMen. [quoted image]

I’m just glad there is no shot through the pops. I hate those!

#1330 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Unless they stage balls somewhere in the game.

Yeah I would assume it would be like IJ. That had 8 balls and staged some in the ark I believe.

#1336 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

One thought - in coop mode does that mean one person can load up a 4 player game at a show or on location and basically play a 12 ball single player game?

Don’t start a multiplayer game unless you have multiple players. Pincinnati show rule #2. Haha

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Then software is not in the pro column.

Condemning a game before you play? Man that must stink.

#1404 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Where is the switch? Is it as sensitive from the bottom to the top?

I think there’s one at each end tied together.

#1438 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Was there any mention of online features/capability?

None. Heard it was delayed due to COVID.

#1447 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It may have already been discussed. I'm catching up.
Is there something going on in the shooter lane area we arent seeing? The Turtle head plastic is in a different location (meaning a different bracket that I dont see Stern making needlessly) there is also clearly a gate on the premium but no obviously visible one on the pro. This pro is pretty stripped down. No Elwin pro that's for sure. Super pumped to watch gameplay tonight.
[quoted image]

Plunge on premium appears to go to the ramp and plunge on the pro goes to the orbit.

#1473 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Can someone please share where the heck is the foot spinning target? It is on the Matrix, I'm not even sure what it is.

Right orbit spinner?

#1497 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes - well summarized. Seems great on paper and the ability to select a turtle should be getting more attention

Why? This cool code feature has nothing to do with mono targets.

#1600 3 years ago

Looks like this is going to be great.

Nice job Stern team!!

#1757 3 years ago
Quoted from jonebone:

So what's the standard best price you can get on these before taxes and such? Can get the Pro at $5,899 or LE at $9,099 plus tax and free delivery setup if paying cash. Is is possible to shave another $100 or so off the Pro?
Collector in me wants the CE but hard to justify the $3400 premium for something I know will sit and not get played much, even if it will hold its value mostly. I'm a pin novice so the extra rule sets aren't a huge selling point with the price difference considered.

Count on the LE losing about 1-2k in value. They rarely if ever hold their value.

Premium will settle in the 6000-6500 Range like they always do.

Pros always settle in the 4500-5200 range.

So if you’re worried about losing the least amount of money on resale, go pro.

#1764 3 years ago

Assuming locations can come back and succeed this will be on route crushing for a long long time. I bet some OPs will go through more than one of these. Haha

#1834 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Looking now at the Features List from Stern.
Am I mistaken that the Glider, Krang, and the Van are really the only significant PF features that are removed in the PRO?

It appears there’s a difference in how the ball is plunged into play on the Pro as well. Not sure though. You hit the big ones though.

Oh and apparently the pizza spins both directions on the prem/LE only.

#1882 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I believe you can "max out" the perk's you get with each character.

Yep. 4 per character and I believe they are all unique. Sounds awesome and will be great for replayability

#1915 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is there a breakdown of the perks?

Not that I know of.

#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Dwights light shows and effects are why I love him. I will take a Dwight light show and Jerry Thompson sound effect combo when I make a shot any day. The Jackpot lights and sound effects were awesome on the stream. Can't wait to play it and see and hear with my own eyes and ears.

Dwight is the king of creating moments!! Love it.

#1974 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Might be cool to do a 2 player co-op by yourself. Set up your team ups and get further in the game...just spit ballin'

Great idea.

#1986 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

No bee-bop or rock-steady ?

7677CBCE-A56C-4C19-A85B-8EC5F4694336 (resized).jpeg7677CBCE-A56C-4C19-A85B-8EC5F4694336 (resized).jpeg
#2005 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If you guys are not watching this pro stream - check it out later. This game is a BEAST on the pro and overall, with jack playing it as is, this game’s code is great and it just works on so many levels. prob the best offering from stern on a pro that I’ve seen. RGB, an actual ball lock and more. Great art package too.

Do the balls lock under the van? Lock 3 in there or can you do more?

#2013 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Live stream confirmed that all the episode inserts mid-playfield are just white, so I'll have a color bracket (or brackets, depending on what I find under the playfield) for them. Helpfully, ZY outlined each insert with the color the insert represents, so that will make color choice a lot easier.

Yeah I think it’s white when it’s ready to start. Then afterwards turns red or green if you failed or completed it.

#2019 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Weird. Early in today's stream Dwight specifically said the inserts were just white, no RGB.

You’re right. Just confirmed that those inserts are always white. Only the UI does the red and green stuff.

#2032 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, that's what Dwight said. Inserts on PF are just plain white, but the SCREEN shows the colors. Glad to know I'm not going insane...

Well me and a buddy were watching on the first night and I swear it looked like both were changing color as we discussed those along with the UI. Guess my tv’s color sucks. Haha

#2033 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Btw - I laugh when I hear people say the pizza spins BOTH ways on the pemium. Holy shit - both ways!!!! Wow!

Yet Borg says it makes a huge difference. I’ll wait and see until I’ve played both to see if there’s a difference, but sounds like their is a big difference in ball action with the bi-directional disc.

#2035 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

but that’s just me

Yep! Glad we all have options as always.

#2037 3 years ago

Pretty much been Delt having the argument with himself, but yeah.

#2044 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Are the "Lair" and "April" targets Stern's attempt at meeting ADA requirements for blind players?

I’m growing to like them. They are coded so you not only have to hit them a number of times to spell April or lair, you only have a certain amount of time or you lose progress.

#2082 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Simple game??? Then send us all a couple grand rebate, for giving us no more than a few real updates. Who wants to pay $9k, the same price as TMNT with loads of great code, for Munsters severely lacking??? Simple equals shameful, if you’re charging the same price as all the coded games with tons of depth, i.e., SW, ST, BKSOR, JP, GOT, DP, IMDN, all have many times more code than Munsters and all were the same price.

Beatles is super simple and they charged more. So what?

Why did you buy a game you don’t like?

#2084 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Say it loud for the people in the back, buy games for what they are, not for what you hope they'll be.

Quoted from Aurich:

Say it loud for the people in the back, buy games for what they are, not for what you hope they'll be.

I just feel like it needed to be said a couple more times. Haha

#2094 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I dub thee "Stern's JJP POTC". Layout is similar, spinning disc, multiball chest/van lock in same place, multi-character select, spam button to eat gold/pizza. It's only missing the ship (and a dozen other things I suppose...). If you can appreciate the theme, it's cheaper and you can buy it.

Or it’s nothing like JJP POTC at all.

#2118 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If that’s the case, we should all stop buying all unfinished games, till a year later, when they’re actually completed code wise

BFABB7B7-2C5C-4048-9325-295D742E84A1.gifBFABB7B7-2C5C-4048-9325-295D742E84A1.gif
#2155 3 years ago

Any pay pal balance should transfer to your bank with zero fees. Any fees you would’ve paid were done before the money hit your pay pal account.

#2161 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

What’s the magic with the pizza spinner magnetization? Isn’t there risk of permanently polarizing the pinballs?

Not if you used standard carbon balls. Stay away from super shiny balls on this game for sure.

#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I noticed during the Pro stream that Dwight said Pre/LE has a lair lock during multiball that is enabled by having mushrooms as one of the toppings, but I saw that same info on the instant info when Jack was flipping through it on the Pro. Anyone know if that was a misunderstanding on that being only a Pre/LE feature? Seems that the Pro has the post to lock the ball there also.

I was talking with Corey and he said the lair never stages balls during MB. I’m still learning all this as well so it’s possible I misunderstood him.

#2246 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I reached out to him as well, after posting here. He believes it won't hold a ball on the Pro since there is only one switch in that lane and there are 2 in the premium, so the game can tell it to drop one and they won't get stuck and be dead balls. I suggested making it like the MET Pro snake where it holds it for a second or two then drops it and still give the Pro owners that PF multiplier perk. So, maybe. I'm a Pro guy, so that's what I'll end up with, fingers crossed.

Good news. I was hoping that lair shot would be used to stage balls too. We shall see.

#2259 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Corey doesnt know anything! I love him though.
You can lock a ball in the LAIR during Ninja Pizza, on a LE/PREM IF you have mushrooms on your pizza.
You can also lock a ball in the Lair OR the Pizza Parlor during COWABUNGA. Again, you can only lock in the LAIR on a LE/PREM.
EDIT - Looks like you guys figured this out a bit down in the thread. Sorry.

Thanks Dwight! Was hoping this was possible. Can’t wait to check this out.

#2262 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I'm curious why the post is even in the PRO then? If it's just for staging that seems unnecessary from the point the PRO BOM couldn't afford a second switch, why even add the post.

I think so you can see the training mode start and what you need to do to complete your training and level up.

#2345 3 years ago

Only once in a blue moon will I play a 4 player game alone. I will be doing this CONSTANTLY on this game. Co-op is going to be so fun for groups and even single player.

#2349 3 years ago

This will be TNA co op on steroids. You share progress and can even stack things up for later players. Dwight gives examples of what is possible in that interview above that I posted.

#2378 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Anyone noticed in one of Jack Dangers streams, that he mentioned: "Get the Prem/LE, there will be a >>secret<<!". (Stern marketing???)
I am afraid... will it be a UV- 300$ upgrade, or a cool online/co-op additional mode? What do i miss if i buy the Prem?
Sorry but this pisses me off. So much gambling with buying Sterns NIB!
You don't know what you are getting. Dimples, Cracks, unfinished/bad code, or a hidden costs secret- that every Pro buyer will miss.
Anyone heard about this secret?

Just wait until all the games come out, all code is finished and all secrets have been revealed. Then get the one you want.

#2388 3 years ago

Yeah Dwight’s AABs are usually pretty unique on how to earn them.

#2390 3 years ago

Yeah I’m sure add a ball is an award there. Maybe one of the abilities of the turtles is an add a ball too.

#2489 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Depends on how strategically you play. TWD walker bombs are a game-changer. GOT upper playfield lets you blow through modes safely.

Iron Maiden premium/LE has an additional multiball.

GOT has an additional Mb too.

Deadpool has an additional mode for the spinner shot.

#2494 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

DP Premium has a left orbit with flipper return and the pro just has a left shot. It's a pretty big difference but the Pro is still a lot of fun. I liked GOT Pro more than the Prem/LE but haven't played either on the new rules.

I was just speaking to the points being made about games that have different modes or MBs in the prem/LE models.

#2508 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

NOTE TO SELF: yancy does not like "that's what she said" jokes.

I do.

E72CC590-D975-41A0-84B2-F0801D957655.gifE72CC590-D975-41A0-84B2-F0801D957655.gif
#2529 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

What would people recommend for speaker lights? Speaker light kits is sold out of the type 13's

Speakerlightkits.com worth the wait.

#2611 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

Thanks for sharing! Safe to assume June arrival is unlikely at this point?

Unless their production is at a crawl due to covid, they should ship in June easily.

#2646 3 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

does the flipper gap look about the same as ghost busters?

No. The only person that does that is in prison.

#2831 3 years ago
Quoted from Satismaxtion:

How can they control whether the first run of pros goes to homes or bars? Shouldn’t it just be first ordered first delivered?

Certain perks of being a stern army location are getting first dibs on the first run of pros.

#2926 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Disagree.
Club threads are for people to talk about a game they enjoy without having to deal with constant pinside negativity.

This. I’m a regular in lots of club threads for games I don’t own.

#2933 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Nearly all the negativity on club threads is from people that do not own the game. I visit club threads but if I do not own the game, refrain from posting.

Why?

#2951 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Why have an owners club thread if anyone and everyone can post? It is not an owners club thread then, just a normal thread.

Bingo. It’s not an owners only thread. Ask Robin. It’s a fan club thread.

That’s why people coming into them and shitting on the game is stupid. Why go into a fan club thread if you’re not a fan of the game?

#2952 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I see co-op mode as a big plus on this game. Frankly, most games should have something like this coded in. Its a great way to see more of a game, and I bet it helps the coin drop on location as well.

I honestly plan to play 4 player co-op when it’s just me as well. Love how Dwight made special rules for that. Adds all kinds of strategy.

1 week later
#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did he? I missed that, but it's great to hear. The way they are set up now is dull. That said, I'm still amazed that we got a Stern that's pretty complete at launch. That hasn't happened since Iron Maiden, and before that I can't remember when.

I don’t remember Star Wars missing anything at launch. GOT was feature complete within a couple months (only missing WHC MB at launch) Munsters was feature complete at launch I believe.

Not sure on GB.

#3013 3 years ago

Edit: not sure what point I was trying to make. Haha

#3021 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

People checking the temperatures of coils.
God bless pinside haha

Just be glad TMNT doesn’t have any shots that require the flippers to be at peak power at all times. Haha. Stranger things has not been fun battling that.

#3026 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

For someone who is newer at owning vs just playing. What’s the downside of these drying out? Aside from them becoming brittle and breaking. Does this in turn cause damage to the machine somehow? Is it a factor of causing balls to wear and damage easier?

Just dry rubbers. Less bouncy and fall apart. No biggie. But crazy they are old and hard on a NIB game.

#3036 3 years ago

Yeah I didn’t realize we were talking about the full post sleeves. Thought he was talking about rings.

#3046 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Coil fade has been a thing for a long time. Ask anyone who has tried to destroy the ring in LOTR after a long game.

I actually put the LOTR coil in my stranger things. Helped a lot but the fans are best.

#3056 3 years ago

Yeah cause you said the main culprit for the heat increase is consistently flipping, not holding for long periods right?

#3063 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

sounds like the people moaning about ghostbuster mode sequences again...
'blocked your progress'? boohoo.. You're not supposed to be 100% in control...

Lots of complaining that certain modes lock you out of progressing in STH too. Start the mode FIRST then go 1-2-3 foot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 22.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.