20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#517 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

What game is this?[quoted image]

79748481-D86D-487B-AC9A-6D01B6CEA3FC (resized).jpeg79748481-D86D-487B-AC9A-6D01B6CEA3FC (resized).jpeg
AB289938-1672-4F15-A6E3-5B3EC4B051A7 (resized).pngAB289938-1672-4F15-A6E3-5B3EC4B051A7 (resized).png

1 week later
#601 3 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Raw Thrills released a new TMNT arcade game not too long ago and had a lot of success.

Yup, my friend's kids played it on location, and they wanted one so I told him where to go for pricing and I think it was just shy of $10K delivered. He's now looking at the Arcade1up instead. But he said it was one of the most popular games where he was and it was always being played. TMNT was a hit with my son ~4 years ago, and they totally reinvent to get new audiences. But seriously, no new crap. The pin better be the ones I grew up with.

Being 37, TMNT was in my wheelhouse growing up. TMNT birthday parties, having friends over to watch, action figures. Hell, I remember begging my mom to take me to Burger King because one of their promotions was 1 of 4 new TMNT VHS's!

One year I wanted the action figures of the 4 main turtles for X-mas, and I didn't get them. I was super bummed. My mom went out and got them for me a few days later and I never knew why that was case. Probably some "Santa forgot" BS. Fast forward to 3 or so years ago, I'm helping my parents move out of their house, and I'm going through basement boxes, and I see the what's in the picture below. As a kid I was such a snoop around the house she had to be good at hiding places, and apparently she forgot she had bought these months prior... and then forgot to dig them out on Xmas... and then forgot they were there in a box for ~31 more years. Needless to say, I'll take the 2-3 days of being sad as a kid for these now!

TMNT (resized).jpgTMNT (resized).jpg

#636 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha - you think people actually care about what you think? Here’s why people are responding to you. It’s a dick move to come into a hype thread and try to put people down who are hyped. The definition of a dick.
Go ahead and create an “Old man that doesn’t like TMNT” thread. It would serve you better.
Last I comment on your nonsense. It’s embarrassing.

How in the fuck was this moderated? It was the truth, and a lot of people haven't been moderated for a lot worse. Oh, wait. Now I'm probably going to get moderated...

1 week later
#727 3 years ago

Congo

#730 3 years ago

Also Striker, Sharkey’s, and CSI

#852 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

But why is that fun in the context of pinball? You can’t see what the other person is doing or interact. You’d only know at the end of a game who “won”. Who cares? In an online racing game you see & interact with each other.

Why is it so hard to visualize that pinball is not a video game? Lol

I don't like the idea of head-to-head due to setup variances, but co-op online could be fun.

Put an embedded mic in the lock bar, and also a camera in the apron looking up the PF. For something like TMNT, each person chooses a Turtle which has a special power. Lowest GC score goes first, w/ 2nd player watching live. "Should I shoot for modes, or go for locks?" type of interactions. Coaching to the person who may not know the rules as much. Ball ends, goes to Player 2 to pick up where progress left off. If multiball is enabled, both players suddenly see something like "Foot Clan Multiball - Both players are live. Kill as many Foot Clan members as possible, control of the game goes to the person who lasts longest (or kills most...etc.)".

Just some different ways to play, especially since not everyone has that friend down the street with pins. Also TNA showed us that co-op play can be fun, so why not try to make it work for people through the internet, especially with a theme like TMNT where the turtles work together to take down Shredder and his minions. It could also have unintended benefits. With the low amount of pinball owners vs. video gamers, they may be forced to make the Pros and Premiums the same in layout and toys so that they can link up. Premiums would just go back to bling and Pro's may not be as feature-lite from a gameplay perspective.

#1251 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Still trying to figure out what that fake diverter/metal thing is in the pro? Anyone hear anything?

Looks like a static toy. In the Pro part of the video, the wireforms extend fully under the toy. In the Premium, there's a gap in the wireforms under the diverter and a clear plastic plate is used so the ball can change paths.

#1286 3 years ago

So from feature matrix, Pro lacks diverter, Van ball lock, and Krang toy. But obviously people are going to shove action figures all in this bad boy so it’s not a lot of compromise.

What’s interesting is that the Pro has 3-6 ball multiball where the Prem/LE has 3-8 so there may be a unique mode/MB or something else going on with the Prem/LE.

#1326 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

They drilled TWO extra flipper button holes in the cabinet for Munsters prem/LE so they can do it if they really wanted to.

Lol, they don't.

#1455 3 years ago

Bar targets SUCK. There's a huge difference between picking off a target the size of a pinball and hitting a "general area". Ask ACDC.

#1459 3 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Gracious...that is the most Stern-thing for Stern to do....spinning direction as a 'feature'

Tonight someone should ask Jack Danger to shine a blacklight over the PF to see if there's any $400 add-on kits coming.

#1511 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

They're heroes in a half-shell and they're also a global lifestyle brand

The only line you needed to type. Bravo.

#1681 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

For the snowflakes, this is in no way a criticism of the layout, but it is like a mirrored TFTC. That's a good thing as I like TFTC.
[quoted image]

You just posted two pictures, even when orientated to look the way you want them to, don’t look like similar layouts at all. Two ramps in somewhat relative placement (and again, you flipped one of the pics) doesn’t make layouts equal, and they still have countless other differences in layout.

#1686 3 years ago

Dupe post. Deleted

#1688 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

As I said - looks like a MIRRORED tftc. Apologies if you cant see the similarities.

Other than ramp placement on a flipped layout, what else is there? TFTC has a 3-bank target in the middle, a VUK, no third ramp, cross shots are different, a scoop that TMNT doesn’t have, ramps go to different flippers, and pops are in a different location.

But yeah, besides all of those glaring issues, similar layouts.

#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

he's not saying they're identical. No question they are similar in those pics. Not a bad thing he's just pointing it out.

One is a flipped pic and there are still a million differences. A deeper left ramp and a more forward right ramp, just inside the right orbit describes every other Stern for the last decade. Don’t have to go all the way back to a mirrored TFTC to make a thinly veiled comparison.

#1696 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Dude...game designers mirror their old layouts and rework them for new titles ALL THE TIME.

Yeah, and Borg has been the modern King of rehashing layouts. I'm the one who is saying this is DIFFERENT than a flipped TFTC, but some here seem to think this is a flipped TFTC which is crazytown. The main two ramps' placement is the only similarity. Ok, so if we only look at those ramps' placement and ignore EVERY OTHER freggin aspect in the layout, I guess we could say it's also a clone of Munsters too. Ignoring everything else, why not? Same game I guess.

#1699 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

We are saying the BASIC shot layout is SIMILAR to a mirrored TFTC. Which is inarguably true. That’s all...

Name one other similarity other than flipped ramp placement. I can see twenty differences.

#1709 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:For the snowflakes, this is in no way a criticism of the layout, but it is like a mirrored TFTC. That's a good thing as I like TFTC.
[quoted image]

Oh oh oh. Can we start calling people “boomers” too??? I love buzz word insults!

#1925 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

So I’ll always defend Dwight! He’s an amazing talent and genuine guy on all fronts. The thoughtful nature of his approach is part of why I love working with him!

I get your frustrations and they are warranted based on appearance - but there’s always more to the story

Dwight gets a lot of grief on Pinside, and I understand GB (and to a lesser extent GoT) were pretty lackluster out of the box and took forever to fix, but when he did fix them he more than exceeded expectations. People wanted GB's skill shot bug fixed and not to have to hear "Ok, who brought the dog" 10 seconds into each game, and some more polish. He took a lot of the linearity out of the game, overhauled the rules, and added a ton extra. GoT got the same level of effort.

I wouldn't be surprised at some point if Munsters was considered a "throw away" title from a code perspective. Just get that one done because you got a major title coming up you need to focus on asap. Also, what I believe was a 3 person coding team (was there anyone else besides Dwight, Lyman, and Lonnie?) now has some incredible new resources in Tanio and Rick which help dedicate more time to each new title.

What I think I like the best about Dwight is how he comes off in the streams. He shows incredible passion, looks genuinely excited as he walks you through what he's done, and isn't afraid to try something new. Who knows what has happened with work or personal life, shit gets in the way. At least he made good where he was criticized. TMNT looks to be very well along in initial code!

I truly think Lyman won't be doing another Pro. For years, countless Pinsiders have said "I'll only buy a game if Lyman is on code", and since then Lyman now works on $8K+ games. You want Lyman code? Stern is going to make you PAY for Lyman code now. But I like the variety in Dwight's offerings, and unless some used Lyman HUO's fall in my lap, I'll actually look forward to what comes from Dwight on future Pro's.

#2166 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wish Stern would have used the shadow approach and put buttons near flipper for diverter Going to that middle button it's still annoying especially with how fast this game is. Going to be a game of twister haha

Agreed. I think of how many times I've missed MagnaSave on BKSoR because of the speed of the game vs. the time it takes to get a hand to the action button.

#2171 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

This is what pushed me to the Pro instead of the Premium. I don't think the diverter on the lockdown bar is worth $2k and the rest of the features are mostly aesthetic. I think the Premium looks great but not at a 30% cost increase now that they actually give you the spinners and RGB LEDs on the Pro.

I agree. I've never once bought NIB, and I've made purchases greater than NIB prices, but this Pro has me really reconsidering. Modders are going to have a field day with this too!

1) There will absolutely be a Pro glider made, and the Pro still does have an up-down post there for at least some glider movement.
2) This, on a spring, then with a small rod extending either into the pops, or into the Krang orbit just to get nicked by the ball will have just as much movement as the Prem - ebay.com link: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classic Collection Krang Figure
3) I have a million other figures from my childhood that can probably be integrated. I've been looking at a chomping Mouser mod with an original Mouser I have.
4) Similar to the Raptor Pen mod for JP Pro, I bet there's some sort of 3D Lair made for both Pro & Prem/LE. Some may just put a Splinter there.
5) Who knows if the Pro Turtle Van can be modded for the ball eject, even if it's just 1 ball.

This is a pretty loaded Pro, and with not a lot more, those few "blank spaces" can be filled in real easily to make it look like a Prem.

#2232 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I like almost everything I'm seeing about this table but I'm a bit concerned it may be not be deep enough. TMNT ran for years yet there's only 8 episode modes in the game? That doesn't seem like a lot.

GB has, what 10, and that’s in your collection. Adding up the modes, then the secondary training modes, the items collected to get to Cowabunga, the multiballs, and all the weapons & hurry ups & pizza stuff, and it’s not sounding like a shallow game in the slightest.

#2337 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Its similar to Ghostbusters Pro which doesn't really have a direct feed to the left flipper. Pretty easy to use post, bounce, and roll passes to feed it.

Neither does BKSoR. People still lived. TMNT Pro actually has feeds to both flippers and people are acting as if the Prem/LE diverter is the only way a ball can get to the right flipper.

1 week later
#2578 3 years ago

Getting pumped for this game, so I watched the streams again today. Either I've been stuck at home too long, or my OCD is in full gear... maybe both. Does anyone else wonder why Shredder doesn't have fingernails?

Shredder - Where (resized).pngShredder - Where (resized).png
Shredder - Are (resized).pngShredder - Are (resized).png
Shredder - My (resized).pngShredder - My (resized).png
Shredder - FINGERNAILS (resized).pngShredder - FINGERNAILS (resized).png

1 month later
#3087 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, you can make the first picture look like the second by just cranking the brightness. The jeweled white inserts are the giveaway on the overly-bright one.

And here I was getting all geared up for "Toner-gate".

TonerGate (resized).jpgTonerGate (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3118 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I'm rounding the corner on being able to purchase this game.
Wife said we need a backyard fence before I can purchase the game. Getting quotes on that and then I'll know what I've got to work with.

I hear ya. I had to do a dog fence & dog house before I considered TMNT. Pinball is great, but not always priority. But while the fence is getting installed, of course send out payment for TMNT.

New Fence (resized).jpgNew Fence (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.00
10,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=Yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.