20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 4 years ago

K-man has been foaming at the mouth to spill the beans on the next title...apparently it's a dream theme for a lot of people, and it isn't TMNT, Bill & Ted, Stranger Things or BTTF.

2 months later
#125 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

All signs point to yes and it's apparently going to be really good. Zombie on art!
Hype it up!

They said Munsters was going to be really good.

1 week later
#157 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

As I said, that’s what 80s & 90s fighting games were about—moving thru the lower level enemies until you reach the main boss. DP pinball was intended to be a mashup of that and the comics, and they they succeeded. The bash toy was just DP humor and may found that worked well with the comedic artwork & callouts. Ask anyone who has this game on route, it’s typically among the best performers.

Theme seems to have a lot to do with a game doing well on route. Surprisingly GOTG and of course Deadpool seem to be very good earners right now. I think the 20-something and 30-something crowd have a lot to do with the good earnings on these machines, as they are relevant modern themes. 20-somethings don't give a shit about the Munsters. When I ask bar patron non-pinheads what they think of the game they have at that location, they usually measure it on if they can get a multiball or not. Not how deep the code is.

2 months later
#455 4 years ago

Stern would be stupid to release this right now. Why let your sales hype die off while you can't make or ship games?

1 month later
#1019 3 years ago

Save the pictures if you want to keep them guys...the C&D notices are flying around facebook already.

#1378 3 years ago

Pro looks really solid on this one. I am pleased that cool van sculpt is in all 3 versions.

1 month later
#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Anyone notice the shot of the coin doors with a single coin slot? Where are these used? It's not on the pro's and it not on the LE's based on the photo Stern poster earlier of Borg playing one.

Export models.

#2940 3 years ago

Once more of these come into the wild, I am really curious on how people feel about the head to head between Turtles pro and Jurassic Park Pro. I am probably in line for one of the two at some point. I am not a big spinner fan, so I am leaning a bit more toward JP at the moment.

#2945 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think he's referring to the Spinning Disc, right? I feel like I've seen a few people refer to the pizza as a "spinner." But really JP and TMNT each have 1 spinner: right orbit on TMNT, up the middle on JP.

That is right...the spinning disc is what I meant! Spinners are awesome

#2950 3 years ago

I see co-op mode as a big plus on this game. Frankly, most games should have something like this coded in. Its a great way to see more of a game, and I bet it helps the coin drop on location as well.

1 week later
#3019 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, did some more TMNT coil temp testing (bottom 2 only, but I may end up testing the third flipper at some point. The coils on TMNT do get pretty hot, but not nearly as fast as Stranger Things, so maybe the coils are being pulsed differently? I've definitely verified that the left ramp backhand becomes impossible with the coil temp around 125-127 degrees. I can make it about 1 out of 3 times before that point. After it hits that temp, I can make it 0% of the time.
I played multiple games totaling 36 minutes with no breaks and the coil temps were around 145 degrees and just starting to feel generally fade-y. Until that point I only noticed it on the left ramp backhand. If I had played another game for another 10 minutes or so, I should have been into the 150s with very obvious fade on both flippers. I'll try to get a solid hour on it by the end of the week and see if I can do that.
Cooling fans are installed and wired up so once I have some un-cooled data, I can flip the switch and turn them on to see what kind of performance I get with active cooling. I expect it to be similar to the STh data, where it's near impossible to break 100 degrees with the cooling on. We'll see.

Sounds like you got a bunch of time on this one...how does the gameplay stack up to JP? Im somewhat concerned the shots are tighter. And lots of misses on that left ramp when the pizza disc is moving. But co-op mode looks really cool.

#3044 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Short answer, I don't know. I only pulled out the probes and started testing the coils on Stranger Things because of the issues people were having with the TK lock on long games and after serial games, which sounded like fade to me. Turns out, it was. But the temps really surprised me - Stranger Things was greater than 157 degrees when it hit the limit of my probe (and at that point the fade was undeniable).
I was surprised no one had gathered temp data once I had that result, so I decided to do it for all the Sterns that pass through here, so I have data for STh and TMNT now, and will be doing Iron Maiden (which I've definitely felt fade on in the past, but that was before measuring coil temps hit me) soon. STh DEFINITELY benefits from the active cooling of the fan kit. TMNT is more subtle and I would say optional. The only thing I absolutely noticed when the coils heat up on TMNT is I can't backhand the left ramp anymore. Can at the start of the game, can't after a while.
Also, when the coils are in the 125-135 range the effect on gameplay can be pretty subtle, you "miss" or "deflect" or "rattle" shots that you should make, but you think it's your bad timing and not the machine, when it may be the machine because the coils have hit a certain temp and the effect is still subtle enough that it doesn't yet feel like straight up fade, when it is, it's just the beginnings of it.
Anyway, it's a pretty interesting set of data no one was gathering. I'll keep sharing as I test more Spike machines.

I've noticed coil fade on both Guardians and Ghostbusters during extended play times when I had them.

#3067 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

(Big Dwight fan here) Unfortunately, the track record for stern (and Dwight) for putting any final needed polish on a game is 2-3 years...if you’re lucky.
(Warning: pinside opinion statement incoming) I believe the reason for this is they want the game to fully bake, and get as much feedback as possible, and creat a polish list. Then, they get pushed onto another project; rinse+repeat until they are finally given a breather to address polish issues.

This is huge for me. I waited years for GB to get done...I don't really want to go through that again. It does sound like Dwight is already taking some of these suggestions under advisement already though, so hopefully the GB thing was just an anomaly.

2 weeks later
#3104 3 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

[quoted image]

Happens with pretty much every new release. Check back in 6 months to get a more accurate picture once the thrill of opening a NIB game wears off.

3 weeks later
#3132 3 years ago

Oy, that may be the worst one i've seen so far. You do you, but that thing would be on its way back to the distributor if it showed up at my house.

#3134 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Yah it looks horrible. I can't believe people accept this and keep a game like this. Like I said before, the only thing that attracts me to this game is the theme and art. The layout is "meh". So if my art sucks, it's going back

I'm guessing you'll be able to buy a $400 light from Stern next month to fill in the missing ink on these subpar playfields.

#3136 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Holy hell man. What's the date on that playfield? It'd be good to start tracking whether these were all part of an initial run where there was a printing/ink issue, or if this is the new norm for pros (that'd be the assumption if we're still seeing issues on playfields built more recently).

Stern has more than one company printing playfields.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,500 (OBO)
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 22.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=JodyG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.