20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HookedonPinonics.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1851 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think I'm the only one complaining. I'll start out by saying, I 100% agree with you. The inserts represent each villain just like in Deadpool. However, look at how well the inserts blend into the artwork on Deadpool. Most of the inserts look like they were place there by the playfield artist. That's one of the reasons Zombie Yeti is my favorite artist. He is the cream of the crop for incorporating shot lines and inserts into his artwork. I'm not seeing the same attention to detail in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
[quoted image]

I am sure he thought about it but prob just not enough room to make the inserts bigger by the enemies. I actually really like the small dot inserts by each guy. The best insert for me and how ZY implemented is the final wizard mode Cowabunga. Its a speech bubble from Michelangelo while hes fighting shredder. Thought that was neat. I dig it all.

#1853 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

It seems like the 8 modes are eluded to in the artwork on the main part of the playfield near the flippers, where the group of villains is displayed. Each villain/group of villains (i.e. Bebop and Rocksteady) are highlighted with a particular color, and the corresponding insert(s) for their mode(s) are placed on/near them and highlighted with the same color. In Bebop and Rocksteady's case, they look to have one insert, indicating one mode, and it is highlighted with the same light green-ish color.
That's my guess

It looks like Bebop and Rocksteady have their own. Rocksteadys is above is head and Bebops is below him. Shredders is to the left of him. There is 8 battle modes and 8 enemy characters and inserts.

#1854 3 years ago

Does anyone have a screenshot of the 6 or so objectives that you need to get to "Cowabunga"? I need to watch the stream again but they showed the progress screen a few times. Dwight talked about how you had to complete those objectives to get to the final wizard mode. I am guessing the 3 wizard modes they talked about were

Team Up - Start 4 episodes
2nd wizard - Maybe finish all 8 episodes?
Cowabunga - Complete 6 objectives. I would guess one of the objectives is completing the episodes

#1864 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I could be wrong but it looks like the outline on each villain corresponds to the outline on each insert.
So 2 Shredder episodes, 2 Krang, 1 Bebop and Rocksteady, 1 Mouser, 1 Baxter, 1 Slash. Plus Dwight mentioned that 2 of the episodes can't be played until a specific previous one has been played. Cant play Baxter until you've played Mousers. And it looks like you can't play one of the Krang ones until you've played the other.[quoted image]

Ahh I see now. You are totally right!

#1931 3 years ago

Dwights light shows and effects are why I love him. I will take a Dwight light show and Jerry Thompson sound effect combo when I make a shot any day. The Jackpot lights and sound effects were awesome on the stream. Can't wait to play it and see and hear with my own eyes and ears.

#2237 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I like almost everything I'm seeing about this table but I'm a bit concerned it may be not be deep enough. TMNT ran for years yet there's only 8 episode modes in the game? That doesn't seem like a lot. Maybe my 8 year old self would be fine with that but not know when paying $6k - $9k+. I'm a bit surprised the number of modes per season approach wasn't taken with this title. The show ran for 10 seasons. I wish there were 3 episode modes per season and several wizard modes in total as that's the type of ruleset that more often that not helps justify the price of these games in my opinion. The multiballs also seem very jackpot generic in that you are not progressing through a story / scene within the multiball but rather just collecting shots (jackpots) for points.

Let's discuss the code. I have not really seen much chatter on this even after the streams. The code to me looks like a ton of fun and lot's to do. My only concern is will the depth of code and overall challenge be too easy on a 4 player coop. It's hard to tell on a games difficulty when Jack Danger is playing because he is such a good player and makes it look easy. I remember when TNA came out there was some chatter that the game looked easy because Bowen would destroy it like nothing. I can tell you after owning the game for almost 1.5 years that is not true at all! So from what I understand below is everything that needs to be achieved in order to reach the final wizard mode "Cowabunga"

Collect Triple Mondo Jackpot
Collect Jackpoto Grande
Complete 1-2-3
Weapon Hurry Up
Max Krang Combo
Collect 5 April Hurry ups
Final Battle

Collect Triple Mondo Jackpot - I believe this is collected during the Turtle Power Multiball. I think once you collect 6 jackpots the super is lit to collect
Collect Jackpoto Grande - Looks to be the super jackpot you get after collecting a certain amount of jackpots during the pizza multiball?
Complete 1-2-3 - This is the 3 shot combo I believe. Not sure how are when this is lit in the inlane to collect
Weapon Hurry Up - Not sure what this is but I believe its getting to level 4 in the training modes
Max Krang Combo - Combo on the krang loop. Not sure how many shots this is to achieve
Collect 5 April Hurry Ups - If I am not mistaken in order to light up hurry up you need to hit the right mono target 5 times to light Battle Again and then hit it 5 more times to light the Hurry up. Does this mean you need to hit the Mono target 50 times plus the right ramp 5 times to achieve this?
Final Battle - achieved by playing thru all 8 episodes (modes).

I would love to be corrected on the above or hear others thoughts on what they saw during the streams.

There also is Team up which is achieved by playing 4 of the modes but looks like you do not need to complete it in order to move on. I am sure there are other modes or events that I am missing but this is seems like a ton to do and is already coded very well. The code sort of reminds of Iron Maiden in collecting the 4 eddie cards to battle the beast. 2 of those cards are by collecting the super jackpots in the multiballs and another card is collected by playing all the modes.

I hope they add something in the code that rewards the player in actually completing the modes instead of just starting them. Much like Run to the Hills in Iron Maiden where you have to complete the modes to collect the tomb awards. If I understand correctly they have something coded where it does reward you in points but I would like to see something like a super wizard mode or something for actually completing them.

With 4 player coop it would be great to really make this game have some super deep code in that you pretty much have to have 4 players in order to get thru it all. So excited for this game!

#2242 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I believe the 1-2-3 Foot Combo inlane is lit once per ball.
Weapon Hurry-Ups are a skill shot which is timed, it doesn't go away because of switch hits. If you shoot your turtle's specific shot at the start of your ball (before it times out) then the "weapon" inlane will light, flippers will alternate this back and forth between right and left inlane. When you roll over the lit weapon inlane it will light a weapon shot, shoot that shot to lock in and collect the value and then it will light another shot for 2X the weapon value. I'm not sure but I believe that is what is needed for Cowabunga progress.
I think you need to shoot the Krang inner loop 3 times before shooting the center ramp to get Cowabunga progress.
April Hurry-ups, that does sound like a lot of hits. I wonder if the Picto-pops will light an April Hurry Up.

Thanks for the response! So the weapon hurry up seems a lot easier than what I thought. So the training levels really are just for extra stuff to gain but are not something you have to do in order to get to Cowabunga. I will have to play to understand it all but I hope the achieving level 4 training gives you something (I know it gives you perks) cause it could turn into a "why bother" moment if you are working as a team and score is not the main focus. I have faith that the team over there will make this challenging. With all of the great players working over at Stern I am sure they are playing coop together and will figure out if they need to up the difficulty.

1 week later
#2623 3 years ago

We are watching the original cartoon again. I bought the whole series on DVD. Also busted out my Super Nintendo and was replaying Turtles in Time. That has been my all time favorite game. I used to do speed runs on it about 12 years ago. Such a great game.

3 weeks later
#2989 3 years ago

jeffgoldstein2 sorry you feel this way. Everyone likes different things. I'm am not sure I feel the same and look at the rules and fanfare differently. The multiball modes are super fun and trying to get that Jackpoto Grande is super challenging. I have not figured out how to get the Triple Mondo Jackpot. Foot 123 doesn't bother me at all for when it comes on I know I have to focus on that for it is one of the things that you need to get to Cowabunga. Collecting your weapon is awesome as well. The modes are super fun and different. I especially like Window Shopping which is the Bebop and Rocksteady one. Its really awesome how Dwight did the insert lights on this. Feels like the video game in that when you hit each of their orbits the colors go from Yellow to Orange to Red. I can understand how the game can get confusing on what is going on but once you figure it all out its really a blast. I am not sure if after you collect the Foot 123 on ball one or two that if you start it again it will take you out of whatever you are going for. I do agree that if you do collect the Foot 123 the second time around it should not cancel out whatever you are in. I have not noticed though if it does that or not. Hope you get into it some more the more you play!

#2991 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I’m glad you’re enjoying the game! I will be putting more time on it all weekend.
I’m just curious, which turtle do you prefer to play as?

I like Raph a lot but also like Michelangelo. Leos skill shot is hard. Watch our stream starting around the 2:31 mark. Here you can see me working my way thru the Pizza Multi Ball and collecting the Jackpoto Jackpot. So much fun!

https://www.twitch.tv/spacecitypinball/video/669345555

#2993 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Has anyone else had the video crash? At the end of one ball, it took a REALLY long time to clear the screen, then when it did, the screen went black in the center, and no backgrounds updated for the rest of the game. Points and message flags updated and animated over the black area, but the background in the center of the frame remained black with some white noise dots. Reported it, but it was strange...
[quoted image]
I also don't like how some of the lighting effects black out (or pulse slowly all the way to off then back) everything including GI. One of them turns everything off just after it lets the ball go on the left return, and you need to make the right ramp shot, so suddenly I'm playing Tommy and have to make the shot blind. They need to leave a little of the GI on for those that play in a dark room (or locations like bars).

I haven't seen that happen yet on mine. The only bug I can see is that sometimes one of the balls that is staged up in the turtle van will release so I will have two balls during single ball play. Maybe happened 5 games out of the total 30 or so we played last night.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.00
$ 7,999.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HookedonPinonics.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=HookedonPinonics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.