20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1066 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I only see at 2x playfield reference on the playfield, so thats promising!

2X when it’s lit
4X when it’s flashing
6x when its pulsing
12x when its purple
24x when it’s orange

#1093 3 years ago

I know you are! ....and since I love GOT & SW multipliers, I guess I am too!

#1094 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

So many look to be clear inserts. Here is to hoping for full RGB LEDs Inserts.

Paging PinMonk

#1676 3 years ago

I want one! I want one! I want one!
...But it is a bit of a corny theme.

#1755 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think clips from the original show would have looked pretty slick being played as shots are made. Here's the first episode of the show. The LCD could have turned into an old console TV when clips are played. If something like this was in the game I think it would attract more buyers. Instead the game feels a bit generic but I understand the code is early. I wish Stern would have done something similar to Batman 66 with TMNT and had a wide range of modes based on season.

I have to disagree, I thought the display looked fantastic. They really nailed it IMO.

#1885 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

By no means a complaint but I would rather level up all four turtles gaining their specific perks as I go until the whole playfield is lit up for points explosions. Deciding what order to train and level up each character to fit the player's style.

I thought the same thing. But, we don’t know enough of the rules to understand if there’s a reason for not allowing you to swap characters mid-game or even after you max a character out. Otherwise, it sounds like some really cool rules.

#1959 3 years ago

RE: Dwight Code

Dwight gets a lot of unnecessary heat because of vocal personalities like Kaneda and other pinsiders who desire linear simple rulesets, and don't appreciate long term lastability HUO-style rulesets that offer both depth and breadth. As it sits now, GOT & SW are 2 of the best rulesets in all of pinball. And don't forget, he came in and worked countless OT hours to get Star Trek where it is today.

I believe it was mentioned in many podcasts that Dwight was instructed to make Munsters ruleset 'simple' - and he delivered. This was known to many people before buying.

So while TMNT may not be a dream theme for me (I do like ninja turtles by the way), but to me it feels more like a Dream Team (Dwight, Borg, Yeti, Thompson, Mike).

I will say this though; one of my biggest concerns about the game, which may be the reason I end up not getting one, is they appear to be spending a lot of resources on multiplayer. Being an older guy (44) with young kids, It's probably been 2+years since I sat down with some pinheads and enjoyed multiplayer games. Maybe Rarehero can convince them to get internet connectivity and online gaming going

#1968 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So you want Stern to bring back the one player machine?
Asteroid Annie 2?!

No it's actually really really cool what they're doing. And will suit most buyers. Don't get me wrong, I do welcome these kinds of changes and back in the day when I played lots of multiplayer pinball games, this would rock so I get it. But personally, 95% of my pinball experience for the last 2 years is single player. So resources are being allocated to something I probably won't be apart of all that much where it could have been focused more on polish/single player experiences. It's just me being selfish (I know we're not allowed to be selfish on pinside ) But, it may be one of the reasons I stray away from this title if that is there focus. That's all I'm saying. But, there's still a lot of unknowns - perhaps they used their resources wise and can tailor to all player style demographics. Time will tell.

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from KickahaOta:

After watching the Deadflip stream, I'm torn. The theme just doesn't resonate with me, but I love the layout and especially the code (even in prerelease form). The display is incredibly well done; at any given moment there was almost always something not just visually interesting, but informative.

Totally agree. The display looks Great. Yea, some of the animations and cg have issues. But as it translates to Pinball, the actual ‘display’ appears to be really well done. I like what stern has been doing with the LCD display lately (DP, IMDN, JP, etc...). Clear, concise, and Informative.

#2184 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

echoing the thoughts of a few here after the streams. This game just looks awesome. Even ignoring the theme the pin just looks awesome to shoot and super fun. Im ordering this instead of JP(the fact they are hard to find now kinda helped this along). Also going to be my first LE. The kids may actually play this one with me. They dont love deadpool or star wars. CANT WAIT!

That’ll be a nice complimenting lineup! Fast brutal 2-flipper game (Star Wars). Fun creative 2-flipper game (Deadpool). And a chaotic, crazy 3-flipper game (TMNT). Good on you sir, enjoy

#2406 3 years ago

I’ll just set this here...

Konami 1992 vs Stern 2020

4CC7B4C4-A9AC-42F8-B3EE-6B894FC4A4DA (resized).jpeg4CC7B4C4-A9AC-42F8-B3EE-6B894FC4A4DA (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#3065 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

This would be a valid observation if it was something you shot for on purpose, or had a low percentage chance of accidentally hitting. The inlane in question happens freaking constantly. Have you played the game?
Really hope there's some sweeping changes in the way the game is coded / scored in the next update. It is a mess and the fact they released it as 1.x has me concerned. Hopefully they did that to convince buyers it was fully baked and not actually where they consider it to be more or less "done". It's a great shooter.

(Big Dwight fan here) Unfortunately, the track record for stern (and Dwight) for putting any final needed polish on a game is 2-3 years...if you’re lucky.

(Warning: pinside opinion statement incoming) I believe the reason for this is they want the game to fully bake, and get as much feedback as possible, and creat a polish list. Then, they get pushed onto another project; rinse+repeat until they are finally given a breather to address polish issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 16.00
$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

10,500 (OBO)
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.