20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from easye9901:

Imagine some franchi turtles art

Well,... that would not be fitting...

TMNT is comic art, not photorealism.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

original trilogy movies

So much bad memories.

The first one was cool & dark but... Shredder recruiting some street Kids was "meh".
Final Showdown was... uh,... well Shredder fell in the dumpster and got squashed.
That was cool I guess but the final fight that lead to this is not worth mentioning.
It kinda wasn't what I expected but yes, it was a good movie.

The second one seemed to have a higher budget, more mutants, more Action, TMNT backstory...
...but it just felt flat. All the griddyness was gone. Did one of the Turtles ever use their weapon in the movie?
They just fight with random stuff and mostly joking around.
I saw that one in the Cinema, went out and thought "something was missing/ off". Took me years to realise what.
Marketing team/ management killed that one.

The third one...
why the F*** did they have to change the puppets every single time?!
This just was... nothing.

This was no trilogy. This was just three movies lacking any cohesiveness besides the main characters and even them looked different each time.

2 weeks later
#52 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Munsters was a corner stone released at ces in the first week of January like they usually do. So if they only do 3 corner stones a year, it will be another January release at ces. Unless they change, but that would be a lot different then the last 4+ years. Unless they have another non corner stone release or they do 4 corner stones in 2019, the next game should be CES.

Yesno.

They only had 2 Cornerstones in 2018, because Munsters was intended for 2018 but switched places with Beatles.
So there is actually a possibility that there will be a 4th cornerstone game in 2019.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

apparently it's a dream theme for a lot of people

EVERYTHING is a dream theme for some people.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So looks like even Kaneda is now saying TMNT coming, not next but after that one.
Borg design

Aaand suddenly I lost all interrest...

Just my personal taste, I don't want to badmouth anything or anyone.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just want a toy/feature that’s NOT a torso or head. Please.

Go and play Tron!

2 months later
#128 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

They said Munsters was going to be really good.

Santa is not real.

1 week later
#131 4 years ago

Ok here are my wishes, they're really plain and simple and yet I think Borg never nailed this, wich is why I'm very afraif of what will come out of this.

- Let us be a character (either choose one of the Turtles, be an additional shitty friend or at least just treat us as one of 'em)

- Define a goal

- Fight the ENEMY!!!

That means:
No "Leonardo Bash toy", no "Splinter swallowing balls" etc.
It MAKES NO SENSE (from a story point of view) that I shoot balls into Groots mouth or bash Herman Munster, that's just lazy "dropping license stuff" on the playfield. Srsly, stuff like this kills it for me and it is very easy to do.

Let us be a hero and fight our way up from Rocksteady and Bebop up to Shredder, Krang, Technodrome etc. in a race to rescue the world,... or New York,... or maybe only Sunshine Laundromat.
(And wrap that in a callout or to and don't just make a choice who to fight next with no context at all.)

Give us the Enemy(s) as Toys and some (flat) plastics for the New York buildings, as we can hot glue in a variety of Turtles figures to our liking by ourselfes.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Sounds like you’d be happy with a re-themed Deadpool...

Youre trolling me?

Exactly the opposite.

Theres no goal that‘s told why I‘m battling those guys and... things.
And the only physical thing to shoot for is (Mini) Deadpool himself.

No, only game that get's this kinda right at the moment is BKSoR.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so kaneda mentioned he's hearing it's based on the 80s tmnt which would be fantastic BUT he says it will be HD super vibrant like TMNT raw thrills? WTF? That isn't based on the 80s though. I'm hoping he means it will just be a high def 80s which is good.
ALSO - he's hearing characters are voiced by the 80s guys as well. Would be awesome! Super pumped.

The look of the 2012 Turtles is pretty close to the 80‘s Cartoon one (way mor then the newest one and the 2000s one) while it adds more individual character to each Turtle. I like it.
(Most people think that this is actually the 80‘s show design, since they haven‘t seen that in decades.)

The rest of the 2012 shows designs were pretty shit tough.
(And yes, I have every DVD.)

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Have no idea what 80/90s TMNT looks like so found this on deviant art website. This looks great to me and it would fall within boundaries of ZombieYeti’s wheelhouse. If this isn’t what is being rumored, post your pics. I may be interested in this title because I love everything in leather. #ZombieYetiAintNobody’sHack
[quoted image][quoted image]

Luckily this will never happen.

And that isn‘t an outlined comic book artstyle ZY‘d do.

#151 4 years ago

You’re battling the bad guys because you’re Deadpool and just like a st. Fighter game you move thru the lower level opponents until you get to the mini-bosses and ultimately the main big boss. If that doesn’t sound like 80/90s arcade game goals, then you’re simply unfamiliar with them.

You could just read what I wrote.

Besides the Mini Deadpool Bashtoy, that is not fitting. Where's the context?
That 80's arcade game goals are pretty simple: Save the XXX.
With Turtles it'd be "save April" and then "Save New York", story told.

You have to battle an endboss in Deadpool, but you never see him beforehand.
(You see the black Knight troughout the whole game but have your way up to him.)
And you don't know what he did.
And why is he sending Ninjas in my pinball basement?

Deadpool kinda has that I was said, so you travel trough time to get that Dinosaurs and Megalodons DNA... but why, and why isn't that said.
One callout would be sufficient.

Like "ToTaN" the second you start the game:
"There was once a beautiful Princess, that was kept by the evil Genie whatshisname."
OH, I HAVE TO FREE THAT PRINCESSS!!! I HAVE TO BATTLE THAT GENIE and (aftzer 2 minutes of play) COLLECT THAT JEWELS TO DEFEAT HIM.
Same goes for Medival Madness, that doesn't need any explanation at all, a look at the playfield is sufficient. (A lot of other older games are that way.)

And back to Deadpool...

...you shoot Deadpool himself, and choose 1 fights for whatever reason in the display.

Wow.

No, srsly that's lackluster. Especially since it'd really be doable with minimum effort, a hand full of callouts, from Stern.

I had maximum hopes for Deadpool when they said they had an original story writer on board, but what has he written?!
A story it ain't. That (family friendly) callouts?
Srsly, that's how Deadpool dies for me, just wake a little story related motivation to make my way up to the final boss!

#154 4 years ago

What you wrote only makes sense if you weren’t familiar with the comics. Otherwise, you wouldn’t need a call out to know you are simply playing out some of Deadpool’s most well-known conflicts in the comics. Remember this is not a movie-based theme.

And yet in any comic or movie is a story/ red thread and not just people punching each other.

#156 4 years ago

As I said, that’s what 80s & 90s fighting games were about—moving thru the lower level enemies until you reach the main boss. DP pinball was intended to be a mashup of that and the comics, and they they succeeded. The bash toy was just DP humor and may found that worked well with the comedic artwork & callouts. Ask anyone who has this game on route, it’s typically among the best performers.

Yes.

But you brought Deadpool up, that it would fit to my description,... wich it doesn‘t.

And if we talk fighting games I talk the TMNT Sidescrollers... Since this is the TMNT thread. Wich had progression and small stories. Like Shredder robbing the Statue of Liberty for whatever reason.

#159 4 years ago

Side scrollers are not fighting games—they are side scrollers.
St. Fighter & mortal kombat are fighting games and that is what DP was drawing inspiration from. Start with lower level characters and move up to mini-boss fights until you finally get to the main boss. That’s pretty much what you wrote in your original post and exactly what DP does.
Now the bash toy (mini DP), I agree doesn’t support this but outside of that it does.
Anyway, I’m cautiously optimistic for this game. Hopefully Stern uses lots of 80s assets combined with interactive toys!

I originally wrote:
"Define a goal! [...]
(And wrap that in a callout or to and don't just make a choice who to fight next with no context at all.)"

Wich was specifically referring to Deadpool.
(That we shoot Deadpool as a bash toy in the game adds to that Deadpool IS NOT the game that I am describing.)

I'm not saying Deadpool is a bad game, obviously a lot of people like it.
It is just not what I wish for and the only thing it'd need to fix this is one or two additional callouts. (And again not too fond of Bashpool.)
I like it to have a red thread of his own, a story, a "world under glas".

Abd there is stuff in any game that you can improve for that, so don't take what I write too seriously.
Personally as written I like BKSoR for giving us that structure I wished for.
But why is there multiple flat plastics of the Black Knight on the Pro, accompanied by a lot of him on the playfield... and none of the monsters?

I'm looking forward to a TMNT game also, with described things about Munsters and GotG in mind, I'm just not head over heals buy that LE blindfolded.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I just put down a deposit on the next game let’s hope it’s turtles!
80/90s style is crucial

You put a deposit down for you don‘t know what?!?

Good choice!

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Saw this on Facebook. Do you think the art will look like this??[quoted image]

Lineart propably.
Coloring not.

#167 4 years ago

Since it's supposed to reminicense 80/90s STyle, ZY has clear lines and pretty colorful art, something around this (even more popping, bolder lines and more contrast) I suppose...
70045666_2535772533207181_452401001610039050_n (resized).jpg70045666_2535772533207181_452401001610039050_n (resized).jpg

Who's that 5th turtle?

Spike? Venus?

dan_duncan_tmnt_112012_8 (resized).jpegdan_duncan_tmnt_112012_8 (resized).jpeg
#169 4 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

There is some excellent art that was used for the IDW comic book series, but since the license holder is Nickolodeon, i expect they willl go with the classic animated or the 2013 cgi series.
Images below.[quoted image][quoted image]

Explain to me "the license holder" you refer to?
Do we know from whom Stern licensed TMNT?

The license holder is Mirage/ Kevin Eastmen, in long them agreement (aka. license holders as well) witch Nickelodeon and IDW since 2011.

But if that's not exclusive you're free to license it directly from Eastmen and do your own art, as long as it does not look like the new Nickeloden variations.

The "classic" TMNT are NOT Nickelodeon, it's Mirage... aka Eastmen.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I love how people say stuff on here like they know what they are taking about. Pretty well understood. Mirage/Laird sold the licence to Nickelodeon for 60M. In fact Eastman had already cashed out & sold his stake to Laird long before that deal went down. Nickelodeon owns the licence....period, but Laird can still produce comics if he wants.
Go watch the TMNT episode on The Toys That Made Us on Netflix, S3E1. You can learn all about it directly from the horse's mouth. Good story.
I'd expect ZY art focused on the 80's classic cartoon version of the TMNT. Sounds really promising to me.

Obviously you're not answering to me, since I'm allmighty, I just mix up them names and always mixup if Laird or Eastman pulled out first, that's why I only wrote one name, not both.

So plz. just change Eastmen to Laird in my previous post.

Honestly I'm just horrible with names wich is a shame in this case since I actually met him when they promoted the 2012 show. XD

And I started with a question, since I dunno the present rights.
I assumed he didn't make a total buyout since they didn't so in the 90s to remain control.

Found it with your hints, the rights now belong to viacom (who own nickelodeon).

But to get back to what it was originally all about:
Since viacom now seems to own it all, they can sub-license it all and not just TMNT 2012 or thet new one, and they do.

So don't be afraid, me (sitting on my PC with a TMNT cup) and my friend Leo will handle this!!!

602566_475850235781165_400319918_n (resized).jpg602566_475850235781165_400319918_n (resized).jpg

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I trust Zombie Yeti with whatever he wanted to do, and I'm sure it will look cool.

I think we can all agree on that.

The Cab & Playfield art is the one thing I don't worry about.

#176 4 years ago

Viacom Overseas Holding C.V.

It's even printed on my Nickelodeon TMNT DVDs! XD

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nick/Viacom...same thing.

One owns the other.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Semantics, what's your point?

The point is, this is the internet.

Everyones sole objective has to be to prove everyone else wrong.

But I'm willing to take donations (saving for a BKSoR) and praise you!

-

No, the real point was that we're argumenting in circles. XD

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

just some fun info
licencing things thru nickelodeon is a real pain in the ass art wise from my understanding. My buddy runs a comic book/game shop and had NEAL ADAMS draw a custom cover for the turtles #100 issue for his game/comic store and nickelodeon turned it down and made him re-do it to their liking. Neal drew a homage to the Turtles In Time video game art and they refused it. Art still turned out dope
[quoted image]

So what does the final approved picture look like?

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

that is the cover you can buy. let me see if i can find a sketch of the one with skateboards that got denied. you can purchase that version right now if you wanted to but its very limited, you can order a signed by Neal one here http://stonegamechanger.storenvy.com/

Just like to see & compare those versions. If you have that sketch that‘d be great.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

I am currently saving money so that my first pin will be a pro Ghostbusters

Don't do it. It's a trap.

GB was my first NIB pin. I loved it... but only because of the license, it nearly killed the hobby for me. Sold it when I noticed I didn't touch it 3 months after the first time I got into wizard mode.

If you save for your first pin at all, start with a used one and work your way up. The old Bally/ Williams games don't loose value, buying them is the same as saving cash money at home.

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Layout - Borg.
Code: Unknown. I think it’s probably Sexton. Just my hunch. Dwight is the other possibility.

Tim delivered BK months after Dwight did Munsters and did some updates so I’d bet my money on Dwight.

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What about Tanio- he did Deadpool comic pinball!

You‘re right.

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Has this been confirmed as next?

No game ever has been „officially“ confirmed as next from Stern.

But signs the rumors are strong with this one.

2 weeks later
#348 4 years ago

"Banned" German TV Commercial

2 weeks later
#361 4 years ago

Ok guys, here's the beef: It won't have any! There's Turtles in it, not cows.

*duckandcover*

2 weeks later
#390 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm telling myself TMNT is probably just the code name for Heavy Metal (like Jaws was for JP). Especially with the link between the Turtles co-creator and the HM magazine...that's exactly the kind of thing Stern would use. I REALLY hope I am wrong though!

I‘m also afraid that might be the case, for the same reasons, but remember the TMNT doodles in Gomez office and that recent poster.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Norfolk General Hospital??

Neon Genesis Hentaivangelion!

1 week later
#424 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I wonder if we will see any updates on this during this crazy time.
Is sterns factory still open?
Sure would be nice to help pass the time

Well Heavy Metal is announced for reveal in two days and they didn't post anything yet that it's cancelled.

For everything else: They don't have any obligation to tell us anything about something they haven't announced.

2 weeks later
#460 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

I do think that a tmnt pinball should be announced in April!

I guess that'd hurt her.

#464 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Rumor was well after corona and quarantine. I suppose Stern changed it’s mind. Wish they could at least do a teaser for now though.

Then you‘re living in the future.

2 weeks later
#478 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great updates guys. I'm pumped although I'm not a big fan of Dwight.... Really really don't like the multiplier nonsense but the art looks like old school tmnt logo which is good to see

Dwight knows you don't like that multiplier shit, that's while every game from now on will be like Munsters, that you guys love sicerely!

(Well I'd bet he'll be back in the middleground.)

#481 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Several coders work on each game in various capacity. Perhaps he’s doing the light show and is not the lead rules coder. My big dream was Lyman to do the lead code guy on this one.

Since Lyman was and still is on Elvira that's kinda impossible.

Dwight however is finished with Munsters for way over a year, so his next lead is overdue.

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Dwight is no go for me!!
Track record is not good. He doesn’t own his baby like Lyman. Sometimes you put in personal extra effort in something you create.
He could have updated several of his “babies” however he neglected them for years. Tells me it is a job not a passion. Call it like I see it.

He updated Ghostbusters & GoT pretty recently and the "years" inbetween were filled with some personal curveballs.

1 week later
#510 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sewer pop ups
Subways
Crazy ramps @ least one going through backboard and maybe a GB style ramp going below the playfield...?
Video mode “TMNT Classic sidescroller”
Zombie Yeti putting his spin on Classic art style
What else could a really fan want?
Pinball wise if Dwight is on code - maybe a character select since he seems to like implanting those on recent games.

Video Modes are dead. Too much work to make them. The Star Wars Video Mode where you direct the Millenium Falcon trough some astroids has the vibe of a 20 year old Flash game.

I‘d like a video mode distraction but it can‘t be that far off graphically to what you‘re used to.

1 week later
#552 3 years ago

He mentioned a crane as the main toy...

So,... I'm not yet seing how a crane is related to TMNT, but after "Heist" it can only fall short.

Hoping he is wrong on the crane.

#560 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Krang.... The brain? Not crane

That would make way too much sense.

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

we should rename this thread TMNT trying to hype o-din thread...

I don‘t.

I like my pinsiders bitter.

#655 3 years ago

I‘d take Shredder, but since he‘d be only a hips up bash toy as usual I guess they took Krang.

#660 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Although this style makes me think of ZombieYeti which I would be really happy with as it’s a little more modern/edgy than the original cartoon style

Looks way more oldschool like the original comic style... just in color.

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If that is true, I am sorry to hear that, I am out.

Bye!

1 week later
#751 3 years ago

Great pic,... that has been postet about a million times allready, is indeed by ZY but has nothing to do with the pinball machine.

#768 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So......
Apparently distros are getting the Stern presentation of tmnts today and we're getting the full reveal tomorrow. I'm hoping for some leaked pics today!
From all the recent news from kaneda, if true, leaves me a little underwhelmed BUT I'm not reacting until we get it confirmed. I'm really interested to see what the art looks like (please 90s style), hoping for internet connectivity and a world under glass with the real theme song.

Yes the Pro sounded, uh...

Well, let‘s wait and see.

#770 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I could care less about the theme. For some reason I just never got into TMNT, but if it's a cool machine, it's a cool machine. I'm on my second TWD and I've seen like 15 minutes of the show in total.
I'd love to see a reveal. This quarantine stuff is driving me nuts.

Watched 4 Episodes of GoT And propably won‘t continue.

Could play the pin for hours!

#837 3 years ago

Please post this picture another 100 times!

#910 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

[quoted image]

What happened to their eyes?

They look as if they're about to cry. Srsly, what's with their facial expressions?!

I get they go for a child friendly look, but way "cuter" then even the classic cartoon. :-/

Craftsmenship ist top notch of course but I'd prefer them 20% cooler.
images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

Shredder looks cool tough.

Looking forward seeing the bottom half.

#989 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

What happened to their eyes?
They look as if they're about to cry. Srsly, what's with their facial expressions?!
I get they go for a child friendly look, but way "cuter" then even the classic cartoon. :-/
Craftsmenship ist top notch of course but I'd prefer them 20% cooler.
[quoted image]
Shredder looks cool tough.
Looking forward seeing the bottom half.

Ok, now with more pictures: The rest looks completely great to me!

#1006 3 years ago

Where is the "April Edition"?

#1007 3 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Wondering if someone will be able to make an after market glider mod for the pro...looks like it's just a big toy attachment..

Thought so too, but sont yet gat what that "flap thingy" on the Pro will do.
It doesn't look that it can change the way the ball goes.

#1103 3 years ago

Since its a New Stern TMNT and the second pinball the abbreviation will definatly be NSTMNT2!

#1110 3 years ago

We have not yet seen how it plays, but I'm pretty confident we'll be able to buy that "tied to a pop"-Krang and that glider thing as a mod for the Pro (without actual function of course, but I'm intrigued what that thingy does). So the Pro may be just fine?

What else are we missing?
A ramp is missing and the ball lock at least...

#1112 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Looking at the wireforms on the pro it doesnt look like that metal triangle could possibly divert the ball, so what the hell does it do?

If it can move up & down this could be a ball lock for both ramps at the same time.

Like the "fall-of-rod" in Stranger Things,... only not made out of plastic and one coil for double the pleasure.

#1120 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think that metal thing on the pro does move to direct it. What ramp would be missing on the pro though?

Today‘s not your day Delt.

There is nowhere to direct it other then a full stop. The two ramps arent „open“ on the pro.

The ramp missing is the missing ramp In the spot as described. XD
Just follow the shooter lane and you‘ll see. On the Premium/LE the shootrr lane seems to lead into a ramp that feeds into the cross ramps.

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you make the watermark a little more obnoxious?

He could push the actual pic to the side and crop it, to make the text bigger, like your Avatar!

#1372 3 years ago

My only complaints:
Some (not all) Faces look a bit off expressionwise...

off (resized).jpgoff (resized).jpg

I mean srsly, is it only me noticing they look a lot like they're crying?

And... well... uh, April could be sexier.

But yeah, uh... we got the DE one for that.

#1551 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

There are four iterations of the turtles and their voices (two cartoons and the two movies). Sadly this is stern's, thus a fifth. So like it or not, this is now how they sound.

Uh, there's actually 4 Cartoon Series and 6 Movies, all different actors, in the TMNT 2012 they even changed some inbetween seasons, so I don't give the slightest shit.

#1552 3 years ago

So. Only one question.

What is the "Premise/ Story"?

Is there a red thread or do you just battle multiple enemys?

#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Wow holy hell. Thank you, I didn't know that.

Actually there's even more but I don't count the "real actors in costumes" show where they even meet the Power Rangers and the "Chibi" Version.

Oh and there was an Anime Spinoff... XD

#1566 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No idea, but in the show it was always Shredder & Krang (or other villains) have an evil plan, Turtles fight them & stop it. Pretty simple, totally works for pinball narrative. Good vs. Evil

Yes, but I not so confident they do something like that.

Edit: It seems I stand corrected, wich I'm happy about!

#1567 3 years ago

Ok, I'm out, bye! (Game itself looks fun, will play it on location.)

out (resized).jpgout (resized).jpg

Just take one of the Assets ZY made!

Edit: Some of you really think this looks great?

#1570 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Don't let the door hit you in the shell.

You knwo I won't leave.

But srsly, why? ZY made some sweet pics, just use one of those.
This April "model" is really beyond good & evil.

#1580 3 years ago

Whoa most state of the art top notch next level whole new game graphics ever!

Instant buy!

out (resized).jpgout (resized).jpg

But srsly: Game looks (and sounds) great in nearly every regard... but this. uh... rare piece is not one of em.

And I'm not shiiting on them for the fun of it, I'd like them to redo this piece, since I'm actually very interrested but I can't unsee this.

#1584 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

improved code can replace animations over time.

It can. If it will we don't know.

Loving BKSoR animation but there also is one animation loop error wich never got fixed.
(But nothing to a degree I'd be as hard as I'm, now.)

#1588 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I like getting a Pin early and seeing the code evolve. It was fun to have deadpool from the beginning and most thought it was a dud. Now its mostly loved on here it seems.

I get that but I wouldn't allow me to buy one until I'm absolutely sure... wich of yourse is a money thing as well.

I love BKSoR in every regard, but people are of course correct when they say it's kinda empfy.
TMNT has A LOT of "geometry", looks really fun to shoot and I love the music.
But since I love TMNT I can't stand what they did to April. That's no ill will.
If they change it, I'm propably in sooner or later.

#1590 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have deadpool Prem and SW comic Premium. I kind of thought BKSOR was similar to SW layout(ritchie fast fan layout). Brutal and fast. So that was in the back of my mind as well. Still need to find one locally to get time on.

Personally I like a clear objective in a game and this game is as obvious as it can get.
You work your way up to the Black Knight AND it really feels you fight him. (And all the rest works for me also.)

#1593 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

deadpool is like that as well progressing through the enemies.

Well,... no. (At least compared to BKSoR with the main enemy in the center, as the only big toy you fight constantly. )

#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I think her stuff looks better in other areas...

It indeed did but still not really great and also pretty far off from the cartoons.

#1602 3 years ago
Quoted from Exeter:

How many games have you designed?

What has that to do with anything?

#1609 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Compare the screen graphics to something early Spike like Aerosmith and it's come a LOOOOOONNNNNG way.

Yes it did. Most (!) models look fine, you just notice in the animation (sometimes it has no "weight" to it or the movement is anorganic) that this is not a A-Tier Videogame. While this is a bummer (since pinball isn't cheap) it's understandable since pinball is a compareably small endeavour.
But what I don't get is, why they not just scrap making & animating a compareably (tio the TMNT themselfes) poor "Baxter Stockman" and just replace him with a 2D pic from ZY.

#1632 3 years ago

So what was it that someone wrote that Pinball Browser doesn't work anymore?

I need to replace that Theme song with...

No, srsly Stern plz let us gaijins change it! (And I love this guys voice - wich is his actual voice due to medical conditions.)

(And yes it's the "hero" Turtles, since Ninjas are evil, but everyone who knows his/her Turtles knows that story.)

#1639 3 years ago
Quoted from Shinemyballz:

Wow what a backyard video edit / launch ? NO way would i allow this to pass for any product i've launched. I won't waste time with words & just let the pictures do the talking lol ... so grubby. Apologies if someone has already pointed this out.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's a prototype, the toys are also 3D prints & hand painted by the looks of it.

Why they didn't clean the playfield in some shots I really can't explain though, but it doesn't bother me.

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The selectable diverter isn't on the Pro, correct? So that means you can't divert the ball to either lane when it's shooting back down?
If so, that's a basic feature removed from the Pro, which would really suck. As otherwise how many features are in the Pro/Game? Spinning pizza magnet, ball lock van but not on the Pro, Krang bumper bopper not on the Pro.

The van is there and the ball lock for the van but not IN the van (with an additional mech to open the door) on the Pro, at least according to the specsheet.

I'm a bit torn since I like what I see (mostly) but for me the game falls in theme integration on the toy side...

...and before you downvote plz read me out:
How come a comedy series like Munsters get's a Herman Munster Bash Toy (so you basically "fight" him) and TMNT, wich is a series about fighting bad dudes, has no Bashtoy whatsover... but a spinning Pizza as the main toy, wich allready has been done in the Data East TMNT. (And yes it's different and this game will be a million times better then DE TMNT.)

#1647 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

OK. So, follow up question: do you actually play your games? Or is it more of a make heavy breathing noises while you stand an inch from your playfield looking for imperfections kind of situation?

Follow up question: Did you ever watch an advertisement in your whole live?

#1655 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm kind of feeling like the really nice launch code, and really cluttered/busy excellent art by ZY is maybe smoothing over a lack of physical features.

Yes, it is a game I REALLY want to play because it looks tons of fun, but not so sure about owning.

The Code seems allready to be on a level that the game stays fun when you own it for a long time, but that initial trigger hasn't been pulled for me and I'm a TMNT fan. That is propably the reason I don't like it as much as I thought I do, since every dislike I have is where they didn't do the license justice.

For pre-teenage me April was always... kinda hot. So now I see her on that LCD and...

Gimme a Balrog/ Shredder Bash toy which flips aside to open the door to the Technodrome... yet we got a Pizza.
(And of course the Pizza is a nice change of pace, since you can't put a bash toy on every single game - but I don't own every single game and I'd like to shoot the bad guys.)

Sorry sounding may more critical then I mean it.
Most of it is love!

#1656 3 years ago

Follow up answer: LOL, I work in advertising... so I guess?
I’m sorry but calling this stream amateur is just insane. Video production and lighting were stellar... game played great, the entire development team were accessible to answer questions. Oh, and they did this after being completely shut down for months... MONTHS!
But I guess because the prototype rail had a ding on it they obviously have no pride in their product right?

I did never call it that, but if you're not horrible at your job (make the product shine the best it can, to a degree the real product looks like shit in comparison) you'd let someone get a towel to clean the playfield of any dust/ dirt.

(Can't do anything about the rest and that's ok, but srsly, just go trough the game with a clean cloth, before the closeups.)

#1661 3 years ago

but a lot of those things that guy circled could not be buffed out with some Novus 1 and a soft cloth!

Yeah, was only referring to some of the dirt.

As allready said, I guess they did a lot of stuff in house for this prototype (models 3D printed and hand painted and maybe the ramps galvanized by themselves, who knows).

#1662 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

On the pro no diverter but they have the hold feature.

Told you so.

#1828 3 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

In Zombie Yeti's defence, I think that either all or most of the screen assets are from the animation team at Stern

That's what I wrote. XD

#1830 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Sorry man, I didn't realize how old Howdy Doody was, just thought of it as before my time and that you seemed older than me and I'm almost 50.

Yeah, Levi sounds more bitter then a 200 year old, so you can get mistaken.

#1947 3 years ago

So, with 2 nights of sleep after the reveal...

While in Terms of being a TMNT fanboy I'm less impressed then I thought I would be (altough it looks very fun to shoot and the music is awesome), the thing that really shines for me is the code.

With the way the game is structured, that you can choose your Turtle, Level him up, and can play CoOp, Teams etc. this is a game that seems to be a fairly new and deep experience for some longlivety in a private collection.

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There’s no way for STERN to get high DEF copies of the TMNT 90s cartoon so I honestly think what they designed is better.

If you have to choose between high def p0rn featuring a crystal meth hoe or sd pr0n featuring the most beautiful girl you've ever seen, you take the meth junkie?

And you could also just trace the original image.

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Seriously. There was no reason to create poor CG recreations of solid footage that already exists. There was also no reason to do 100% fake voices when they're using the show's storylines and dialog. The clips exist. The actors are still alive & could have done custom dialog.
Now, the game still looks like a ton of fun...and I might still end up with one down the line. However, if we're talking about sending up to $9000 to buy this game without playing it, based on my love of theme alone? Had they had original video, audio, and the real actors - I would have absolutely thrown down & pre-ordered. As it stands with the dank animation & decent (but fake) voices, I'm not inspired to send a check at the moment.
I mean...if you have functioning eyes, which of these looks more appealing as a display animation:[quoted image][quoted image]

Stern just wrote in the JD Stream that the character Models are what they are and won't be improved.
(And yes, April was referred.)

At least that's honest.

#1991 3 years ago

Uh, they just stated that, altough the Pizza is the only toy that made it into the Pro, even that one is compromised.
Different Motor aka servo/ wiring (only rotates in one direction and... maybe one speed also).

So:

- Lost one ramp (shooter lane)
- Lost the raphael glider direction change
- Lost the Van lock
- Lost the hopping Krang

#1994 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Saying the shooter ramp is a lost ramp is a joke
There is an actual ball lock on the pro behind the van which is great to see. This is a clear pro for me. I’m not a big diverter guy and therefore this is pretty easy. I’m enjoying this stream even more. The overall package when played without stopping seems really slick. The voices are really even better than I originally thought
Great stream jack

You are allowed to have your own opinion.
(But a ramp is a ramp. )

I'm glad you like it, for all the the little differences (and there are more) I just think the Premium is the way to go, if money is not a problem.

Anyways I'm beginning to get over the things I don't like...

#2144 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“Play before you play”

You drunk again?

#2196 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The game is based on the original 87 cartoon...not sure if it’s streaming anywhere, but that’s the basis.
Remake movies are awful, but the 2nd one does have Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady & Baxter.
The original 1990 movie is great. Still holds up, Jim Henson’s turtle costumes look amazing, the acting is good & it has a lot of heart. I still think it’s one of the best comic book/hero movies ever made.
2nd movie is more kiddie/cheesy, but decent & fun enough. Hs the “legendary” Vanilla Ice Ninja Rap.
3rd movie is a horrible garbage fire. Avoid.

Personally I like the 2012 series best, since it‘s less kiddie friendly and way more story driven.
Only bummer is the lackluster setpiece rendergraphics.

#2509 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

NOTE TO SELF: yancy does not like "that's what she said" jokes.

He‘s just sensitive and needs love.

#2584 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I convinced the wife to wear this when we get our Pro.
[quoted image]

That would be "V", not "L".

Venus is the only female Turtle.

14937393_147615019040048_2050938093287150447_n (resized).jpg14937393_147615019040048_2050938093287150447_n (resized).jpg361bae9caadc5e46767e9eeb8454e50b (resized).jpg361bae9caadc5e46767e9eeb8454e50b (resized).jpgScreenshot_2020-06-11 venus tmnt – Google-Suche (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-06-11 venus tmnt – Google-Suche (resized).png
#2659 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What's in the extra box that has FRANCE written on it?

A baguette.

Nah, srsly, I don't know. I'm waving the white flag here...

#2669 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The last thing I want is a COVID-19 outbreak at Stern and another shutdown while they address it.

And people dieing.

#2723 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Has anyone else noticed the holes with lights in the apron? Is this a new feature or just something they did for the stream and promo video, as it's in both.

Bow to the Black Knight who brought you this feature.

#2729 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I don't know how I didn't notice that and why isn't it on Jurassic Park? It seems like something that would just be standard.

Don‘t you remember the movie? It‘s so the Dinosaurs can‘t see and eat you!

Edit: Also JP is pretty bright/ no 2 colored GI that darkens things.

#2739 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

My daughter (2 1/2) loves dancing to the music from my Arcade1up TMNT cabinet. And when she sees me playing pinball on my computer or phone she says is that a Ninja Turtle pinball?
I say no and ask if we should get a ninja turtle pinball? And she exclaims YES!
She's going to be a good pinball wingman.

My son (now soon to 8 years old, 2-3 years back then) still screams "NINJA NINJA" whenever he sees a pinball machine or Turtles (that's the ball lost sound on the Data East machine).

#2826 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Maybe they'll make a flat one with the logo and each word of the title will light up as you collect a turtle.
And then the secret mode will be the face/noise Krang makes sometimes at the end of his sentences like he's passing gas.
Charge $800 for it and watch this community pay it!!!!!!

Where can I preorder?!

#2837 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

So weird question. I'm in the final stages of restoring my IJ. (all that's left is the art, some wood filler, the shooter lane, and powdercoating) but had a question - After about a dozen games or so I will keep getting errors for Left ramp and Right ramp made (I've cleaned the optos tons of times and adjusted them) I just factory reset the game and the game plays fine again. Any thoughts?
Second question - When you start a new game, is the post on the drawbridge supposed to be up at the beginning? For the right ramp? Mine always starts in the up position, and if I hit the right ramp when PoA isn't lit it just lowers and lets the ball through. I didn't know if it's always supposed to be down UNLESS PoA is lit. Just some questions I've had while I finish up.

The optos don‘t work, the message is not the error, it‘s just a report.
Do a switch test.

I the meantime buy TMNT.

#2844 3 years ago
F082BFF4-FFB7-4D79-AFCC-95E556A14939 (resized).jpegF082BFF4-FFB7-4D79-AFCC-95E556A14939 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3084 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My friend sent me a pic of his TMNT playfield and a friend of his as well. Both LE’s. See any difference? The first one is my friends.

First pic is darker.
Not (only) the print but the camera shot, just look at the inserts.

#3085 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I believe the reason for this is...

I believe what Dwight said the reason was.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=DS_Nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.