20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chalkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 4 years ago

Big kraang bash toy with arms that move like Frankenstein but not dumb.

#144 4 years ago

I'm a little concerned that my least favorite coder hasnt been on a game in a while and it will have completely stupid multiplier rules.

3 weeks later
#336 4 years ago

2 more months... in the meantime Elvira and BKSoR updates please!

#340 4 years ago

Just please please no dumbass multiplier rules

2 months later
#492 4 years ago

If this has anything above 3x or 4x I will be really sad.

1 week later
#497 3 years ago

With his games multipliers aren't a "different strategy", they are the only strategy.

It's poor balance if you can beat somebody's 20 minute game by getting a 20x video mode. When the X is either too high (star wars), or is too easy to obtain (ghostbusters) it ruins it and makes it the only path to multiplayer victory or pursuit of GC. Look how poorly those games utilize multipliers and how well games like IMDN and TWD do.

His games also have a tendency to sit in dire need of updates for years on end with scoring issues, bugs, and completely missing features while he says publicly he thinks they are finished. Do you think Ghostbusters would have ever been updated if Stern didn't have an army of people attacking them on facebook every time they posted anything? Heck, when he did update it he made getting the multipliers EASIER!

I don't like being negative but this topic just gets me agitated. It's all been said he's apparently a really nice and passionate guy which I don't doubt. But I know people who have bought his games and sat there pissed off at incomplete, unbalanced code. I want TMNT but I would rather have it coded by a complete unknown.

1 week later
#540 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

o-din I don't know you but I know you like poking the bear and enjoy a good laugh. I'm curious though, what games do you own/like? Most of the comments I see of yours are typically negative so what do you enjoy?

Mr. Downer's Bummer Parade, Random Negative Interjections II, and Anti-mainstream Angst are his highest rated.

2 weeks later
#749 3 years ago

Depends how it's integrated into code / how important it is. Iron man I'd never go for those targets on purpose with what their value is but I might consider it if I just needed a letter or two and it was a giant ass billboard.

Maybe that's being too nice. Separate standups are probs always better. It does give a clean look at least I guess.

#889 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If they have "cowabunga dude" Im out.

How would they not have cowabunga dude?

#1098 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If I was Stern I'd be putting in some subtle watermarks to different places and figuring out who's leaking.

The fix is so obvious the only reasonable explanation is that the call is coming from inside the house.

#1109 3 years ago

Looking at the wireforms on the pro it doesnt look like that metal triangle could possibly divert the ball, so what the hell does it do?

#1245 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

That song is "a-bobili-bobo" levels of bad.

I think you forget how bad bobuhlee bo bo actually was. Theme song is ridiculous but took me back.

#1394 3 years ago

Oh my god you guys are drama queens.

#1403 3 years ago

No I'm talking about things like "saw the standup target and immediate closed the video" and these other hardcore "I cannot accept this" type statements. Puh-lease.

#1528 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You are correct that both wireforms give you weapon and I can see there is no advantage to collecting it on either side now. This reinforces the functionality of the pro model and idea that you aren’t missing much. I am not going to lie and say that was smart, in fact, it is probably a design flaw. If the inlanes offered different options, the diverter could have been used in a strategic way. As implemented, the functionality is wasted.
[quoted image]

Functionality is HUGE with the diverter. The first time you hit a left ramp jackpot and have the last jackpot on the left orbit you will see.

I'm wondering if it'll have unlimited uses. It's almost like cheating.

#1779 3 years ago

This thread is full of Simpsons comic book guys, declaring themselves too cool and pure to like the new thing. Try not to let the fact that they put laces on April's velcro sneakers or whatever the hell ruin a whole damned pinball machine for you and you might just get to crack a smile today.

#1797 3 years ago

You will not get the extra 2kish back on the premium earnings. But if you're like me and get games for you sometimes and not just based on the numbers I think that diverter is going to make all the difference in the world.

#1946 3 years ago

Destroying tie fighters is one of the best parts of star wars. While eating pizza is way more goofy (could have gone with defeating foot soldiers or something) it will no doubt be as much fun, and hopefully have a big reward also.

#2076 3 years ago

I'm getting one for my location on a leap of faith, but things are looking good to hopefully have phase 2 soon. If we don't get phase 2 it will have to go to my house for extensive testing.

#2174 3 years ago

I don't care if it's a glider, but somebody has to do something about that ugly ass metal stopper. I'm thinking a big psi or whatever the hell raph uses facing upwards where the side things stop the ball. Mod companies: I get 50%.

#2191 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

If I were buying a Stern now, I'd definitely have this in the top 3, after both Elwin designs! Then maybe Deadpool, then maybe Ghostbusters.

...said the guy that never played EHoH

#2193 3 years ago

Max 3x multiplier. Strong work Dwight!!!

#2230 3 years ago

LOTR only has 6 main modes... iron maiden only 6, could probably post 1000 examples. As long as it's filled out elsewhere with some cool mini wizard modes and multiballs it'll be all good.

#2273 3 years ago

2nding keeping the art blades on. A good set ties things together better than mirror blades IMO but freeze spray would be the first thing I tried.

#2284 3 years ago

How about the first pro ship dates while we're on this?

#2523 3 years ago

Last 2 weeks of June is what I have been told.

1 week later
#2708 3 years ago

That blue looks pretty good!

#2762 3 years ago

My pipe dream was that they already had a bunch assembled marinating in boxes before COVID shut things down and I'd get one with hard clearcoat .

I guess on the one hand playfields may have already been made so it might be a reality.

2 weeks later
#2981 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I may sell my pro sooner than later. I am just not enjoying the code so far.

It could really use some balancing and some better fanfare when goals are accomplished at minimum.

1 week later
#3059 3 years ago

Definitely needs a "mash action button to cancel the worthless side mode that is locking you out of progressing" feature. It would be that easy.

#3064 3 years ago

This would be a valid observation if it was something you shot for on purpose, or had a low percentage chance of accidentally hitting. The inlane in question happens freaking constantly. Have you played the game?

Really hope there's some sweeping changes in the way the game is coded / scored in the next update. It is a mess and the fact they released it as 1.x has me concerned. Hopefully they did that to convince buyers it was fully baked and not actually where they consider it to be more or less "done". It's a great shooter.

#3073 3 years ago

Training is fun and actually gives (sometimes) decent awards. What kind of foot scores are you getting?

#3075 3 years ago

That juice ain't worth the squeeze

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 22.00
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chalkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=Chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.