20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 64.
#401 4 years ago

Norfolk General Hospital??

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Norfolk General Hospital??

Neon Genesis Hentaivangelion!

#403 4 years ago

Ahhhhh that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

What about the Borg and ZY rumors being attached to TMNT, which they obviously were not attached to Heavy Metal, does this give us any hope that it is still alive?

If Dwight Sullivan is doing the code its a no go for me.

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If Dwight Sullivan is doing the code its a no go for me.

Totally agree with you, if Dwight is on code, its a no go for me too. The way he left Munster owners in the lurch and said the coding was all done, was despicable on such a great franchise. It could be so much more if Lyman would have been doing the code for example.

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Totally agree with you, if Dwight is on code, its a no go for me too. The way he left Munster owners in the lurch and said the coding was all done, was despicable on such a great franchise. It could be so much more if Lyman would have been doing the code for example.

Don’t forget Tanio he absolutely crushed the code on Deadpool, for his first lead on code it was amazing!

#407 4 years ago

Dwight makes intense and fun games, with really deep rules. I don't blame him for Munsters. Gomez told him to make a simple game, which was a mistake.

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Dwight makes intense and fun games, with really deep rules. I don't blame him for Munsters. Gomez told him to make a simple game, which was a mistake.

Yeah...honestly having Dwight on it would make me want it more. GoT and SW are two of my favorite coded games ever. Munsters was well done with the direction he was given. Hopefully his next will be back to GoT level.

#409 4 years ago

I hope it's not Dwight. The multiplier rules on pinball are some of the worst things ever introduced and make it a huge borefest. SW could be the biggest disappointment of the decade with the layout and code. Can't say for sure what happened on Munsters but it was a sleeper the day it was shown and I know GB took forever to get an update.

Although I'm just hoping to get any info at this point. I'm still betting TMNT this month!

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm still betting TMNT this month!

March 31, 2020. Write it down.

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Making a simple game at current high prices is a slap in the consumer’s face. Simple should not mean or equate to shallow. Many simple games out there and still with deeper code. If Gomez is to blame then Dwight should be all over him, to allow his reputation to be recovered.

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Making a simple game at current high prices is a slap in the consumer’s face. Simple should not mean or equate to shallow. Many simple games out there and still with deeper code. If Gomez is to blame then Dwight should be all over him, to allow his reputation to be recovered.

Dwight mentioned the direction GG provided during a Head 2 Head podcast interview.

#413 4 years ago

Would you rather have crazy toys or amazing code?

What I mean is Munsters is a beautiful game that shoots great but the code is super shallow.
Deadpool on the other hand doesn't have any real toys but has amazing art and great code.

As a huge Turtles fan I plan on buying this game and I'm trying to keep my expectations low. I don't need a ton of toys/mechs but I do need the code to keep me entertained. It needs to have depth or it won't be fun to have in a home environment.

If ZY is on the art then we can guarantee the game will look amazing. Hopefully we can get more RGB inserts so the lightshow can really accentuate the art. This is one area I really wish Stern would do more of because the lightshows on JJP and Spooky games are fantastic.

#414 4 years ago

I am not disappointed when Dwight is in the code. He proved he can create great rules. See GOT and GB. Well Munsters is a different story, but he was asked to do so.

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Have you seen The Beatles pinball machine? Talk about your basic rule set on a game that they sold for a small fortune - that to me was a slap in the consumer's face. Munsters is a theme that resonates with the same demographic and not surprisingly, was strategically designed to have more simple, straight-forward rules. It's not a slap in the face, it's buyer beware, play before you pay - just because you spend a small fortune on a toy doesn't mean it's going to meet all your expectations. I played a handful of games on Munsters and knew right away it wasn't for me.

For all of those others that are bashing Dwight, personally I think the guy is brilliant and can't wait to see what he comes up with on his next game. If he's on TMNT and goes to the depth of code like he did on Game of Thrones for the four turtles I can't imagine I won't be all in on that, but of course I'll play it first. There are LOTS of people out there that actually like the games Dwight codes and love the nuance and depth to the programming, even the multiplier logic and rules (and if you don't like that stuff, then play the games ignoring it, you don't need to worry about managing multipliers and trying to get more points to have fun and advance through the game and it's content).

Cowabunga dude - - bring on some Shredder.

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I hope it's not Dwight. The multiplier rules on pinball are some of the worst things ever introduced and make it a huge borefest. SW could be the biggest disappointment of the decade with the layout and code.

Yeah trying to keep a 40X multiplier going to make a billion point shot is the most boring thing ever haha.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yeah trying to keep a 40X multiplier going to make a billion point shot is the most boring thing ever haha.

Lol, that's exactly how I feel - - almost every pinball I've ever played gets old eventually, you learn the rules, you hit that, you hit this, but learning the depth of the multiplier rule keeps the game fresh and exciting and almost brings it back to older school pinball when it was all about points and there was no "depth" to a pinball machine. Dwight just did a phenomenal job of tying in that with modern day rules...

And let's not forget Mr. Lyman Sheats - - I absolutely got so friggin bored with Spider-man the first few years I played it. Then I watched some tutorials and some real pinball players playing it and learned about the nuance of all of the multipliers and how you get them and how you set them. That was literally a game changer for me and now Spidey is one of my favorite pins. It takes the grindfest away from just simply trying to progress through the game and provides some straight-forward basic pinball fun. And I'm sorry, if you can't figure out how the multiplier button works on Star Wars then you've got a really long road ahead of you...

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Right? I agree. Wake me up when it's over

; )

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

As a huge Turtles fan I plan on buying this game and I'm trying to keep my expectations low. I don't need a ton of toys/mechs but I do need the code to keep me entertained. It needs to have depth or it won't be fun to have in a home environment.

TMNT has to have subways! Hell if they have to use old mechs to keep costs down use the FBI lid from xfiles as a pop up sewer lid. If it has both of those and killer ZY art I could buy and die happy.

#420 4 years ago

I want a physical ball lock that’s a can of ooze

#421 4 years ago

Dwight and Lonnie are terrible. I haven’t played the new GB code, but at 1.0 it was a mess. Seems like a nice guy, but he’d be the last guy I’d want coding the game. I feel like he gets in over his head pretty easily.

#422 4 years ago

I am also weary of Dwight on code. I own a GB and I enjoy Star Wars and GOT but I worry about multipliers unbalancing the scoring of a game.

6x in GB is way too important to blowing up a game. A well played game completing modes and mb cant compete against a 6x video mode. I wish there was max multiplier and timer settings in the adjustments.

Star wars you've always got to worry about multipliers and its shitty for new and inexperienced players. 40x playfield is CRAZY!

If you look at games like imdn, jp, wd, met, they all contain a pf multiplier but it isnt a major feature of the game that NEEDS to be used. just a nice strategic element that can help boost some scoring.

I really hope pf multiplier does not figure heavily into TMNT.

1 week later
#423 4 years ago

I wonder if we will see any updates on this during this crazy time.

Is sterns factory still open?

Sure would be nice to help pass the time

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I wonder if we will see any updates on this during this crazy time.
Is sterns factory still open?
Sure would be nice to help pass the time

Well Heavy Metal is announced for reveal in two days and they didn't post anything yet that it's cancelled.

For everything else: They don't have any obligation to tell us anything about something they haven't announced.

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Star wars you've always got to worry about multipliers and its shitty for new and inexperienced players.

Good. Why should new/shitty players be able to blow up a game?

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Good. Why should new/shitty players be able to blow up a game?

It's not just about blowing the game up, it's a fundamental part of the game that isn't super intuitive. I also mentioned it was bad for new/inexperienced players, not that it was bad for "shitty" players. In fact, I think it's actually quite an equalizer between good and bad players, bad players who know how the multipliers work can really blow up the score while making a minimal amount of shots.

But I definitely agree with the sentiment of your comment, blowing up a game should be a combination of skilled play and a well-rounded understanding of the games rules.

#427 4 years ago

I am hyped & ready for it!

BAE821B5-9F5D-4901-9974-06B1C29252A7 (resized).jpegBAE821B5-9F5D-4901-9974-06B1C29252A7 (resized).jpeg
#428 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

I am hyped & ready for it![quoted image]

Why are they all rapheal though

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from mjg417:

Why are they all rapheal though

Was too excited to see Kevin that I didn't even realise till you just noted it! MIND BLOWN!

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Was too excited to see Kevin that I didn't even realise till you just noted it! MIND BLOWN!

Original TMNT (comic book) all had the same color head band. The cartoon changed that to make the four seem diff so they can sell more toys. I prefer the multi color.

Can't wait to hear more about this pin. Hype still there for me.

#431 4 years ago

Beyond hyped up for this pin myself. I’m still currently saving for a Jurassic Park Premium but if TMNT is in fact next, it will likely be the next purchase after JP. Really hoping we hear something soon but no rush on my end.

#432 4 years ago

Get that jp2. Stern's best imo.

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Original TMNT (comic book) all had the same color head band. The cartoon changed that to make the four seem diff so they can sell more toys. I prefer the multi color.
Can't wait to hear more about this pin. Hype still there for me.

Netflix has “The Toys That Made Us.” They have the whole backstory of TMNT, it’s worth checking out.

#434 4 years ago

JP2 is probably my favorite game of all time so far.

#435 4 years ago

Stern will announce it before end of April is my guess.

Unless we hear factory is closed, they have a line to keep going.

Wonder if they drop to 400 LE's?

Trying not to mention the C word!

It will be a tough sell for sure.

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Get that jp2. Stern's best imo.

Oh I absolutely will be as my next game for sure. So much depth and so challenging!!

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stern will announce it before end of April is my guess.
Unless we hear factory is closed, they have a line to keep going.
Wonder if they drop to 400 LE's?
Trying not to mention the C word!
It will be a tough sell for sure.

They can start makeing non pinball stuff at the factory if needed or ordered by the govment

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

88E9F816-65F2-4ECA-8D04-9D23AB430D38 (resized).jpeg88E9F816-65F2-4ECA-8D04-9D23AB430D38 (resized).jpeg
#441 3 years ago

Ohh so it Heavy Metal not TMNT?

#442 3 years ago

Do they officially reveal HM? No - so I think it was HM first than TMNT.

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Do they officially reveal HM? No - so I think it was HM first than TMNT.

Cool!

#444 3 years ago

Stern give us a turtles leak please!

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Here you go!
20200324_191543 (resized).png20200324_191543 (resized).png

#446 3 years ago

I can see them postponing the release of TMNT... which is ok with me. Having all locations closed hard to help pay for it. And with people working from home this maybe sterns first release with decent code right at release!!!

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

this maybe sterns first release with decent code right at release!!!

I sure hope so. But even more, I hope the layout does something interesting. Code can improve down the road but a boring layout is pretty much set in stone.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

20200324_195637 (resized).jpg20200324_195637 (resized).jpg20200324_195609 (resized).jpg20200324_195609 (resized).jpg20200324_195543 (resized).jpg20200324_195543 (resized).jpg20200324_195514 (resized).jpg20200324_195514 (resized).jpg
#449 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopario:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that game is an ripoff of the old DE game.

#450 3 years ago

The entire release schedule is probably up in the air right now. The factory is shut down. Stern typically doesn’t release anything until games are on the line. Who knows at this point.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.