20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 64.
#3101 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pic of mine . Much different.
[quoted image]

My friends

0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
#3102 3 years ago
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).pngA4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
#3103 3 years ago

Anyone else have a harder time hitting the right ramp then they should? Mine feels very late. Left I have down and center is even getting better but right is tough for me for some reason.

#3104 3 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

[quoted image]

Happens with pretty much every new release. Check back in 6 months to get a more accurate picture once the thrill of opening a NIB game wears off.

#3105 3 years ago

Cowabunga pooling is back. Now it’s at ball guide connections. My JP premium from June looks the same.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#3106 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Cowabunga pooling is back. Now it’s at ball guide connections. My JP premium from June looks the same.
[quoted image]

I hope nobody is looking at this and gasping? This is what we have come to expect from Stern.

#3107 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I think the solution is to have washers on the machined pegs so the sharp edges of ball guides and aprons cannot dig into the finish. WMS did this on their games.

Rob

#3108 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think the solution is to have washers on the machined pegs so the sharp edges of ball guides and aprons cannot dig into the finish. WMS did this on their games.
Rob

Agree. Bit of a pest but maybe we need to do this before playing.

#3109 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Actually, maybe Stern should do this before shipping...way easy during assembly.

#3110 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

The real solution has to be giving the clear time to fully dry?

Always looks like the clear was soft when the populating of the top side began and everything’s just getting pulled into soft clear.

#3111 3 years ago

Anyone have the link to the deep green flipper bands? I'm seeing the translucent super bands but I saw a machine in a YT video that had a nice TMNT turtle green. Let me know!

Also, very awesome fun machine and Jack D. is right, it's a flow monster!!!

#3112 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Sucky; but so strange they keep doing the same thing over and over again when people keep lining up to buy their games. So very strange.

#3113 3 years ago
Quoted from NemmieNuu:

Anyone have the link to the deep green flipper bands? I'm seeing the translucent super bands but I saw a machine in a YT video that had a nice TMNT turtle green. Let me know!
Also, very awesome fun machine and Jack D. is right, it's a flow monster!!!

Try Titan bands. https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

I got the low bounce ones and they're great.

15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
#3114 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Too late,
The clear is already compromised when crushed like that.

#3115 3 years ago

J85m is right about stern. Stern needs to take more time for the clear coats to cure. You can tell by the indenting of the clear coat that it's too soft.

#3116 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

J85m is right about stern. Stern needs to take more time for the clear coats to cure. You can tell by the indenting of the clear coat that it's too soft.

More Hardner! Lol
Problem if they add more hardner they risk dry spray and less shiny finish.
This results to sand and buff Or sand and add more clear. Things they are trying to avoid. So I guess they are just rolling the dice !

#3117 3 years ago

I'm rounding the corner on being able to purchase this game.

Wife said we need a backyard fence before I can purchase the game. Getting quotes on that and then I'll know what I've got to work with.

#3118 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Wife said we need a backyard fence before I can purchase the game. Getting quotes on that and then I'll know what I've got to work with.

I hear ya. I had to do a dog fence & dog house before I considered TMNT. Pinball is great, but not always priority. But while the fence is getting installed, of course send out payment for TMNT.

New Fence (resized).jpgNew Fence (resized).jpg

#3119 3 years ago

Just unboxed my Pro. So far it looks good. I don't see any clearcoat issues. This is after dealing with an awful playfield in my JP LE (that my Distro stepped in and swapped the PF for a good one). Hopefully it will hold up under closer scrutiny. Can't wait to fire it up!

20200804_103634 (resized).jpg20200804_103634 (resized).jpg20200804_112204 (resized).jpg20200804_112204 (resized).jpg20200804_114548 (resized).jpg20200804_114548 (resized).jpg
#3120 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Just unboxed my Pro. So far it looks good. I don't see any clearcoat issues. This is after dealing with an awful playfield in my JP LE (that my Distro stepped in and swapped the PF for a good one). Hopefully it will hold up under closer scrutiny. Can't wait to fire it up!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. How heavy and awkward is it to move that box around? Or did they just wheel it in with a dolly?

#3121 3 years ago

Nice. How heavy and awkward is it to move that box around? Or did they just wheel it in with a dolly?

Wheeled in with a dolly, but it's not hard to move around after that.

#3122 3 years ago

Forget about the fence. Buy that TMNT Pro. No fence needed to keep the wife at home, she 'll only want to play the TMNT.

#3123 3 years ago

my pro should be here today or tomorrow!

#3124 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Forget about the fence. Buy that TMNT Pro. No fence needed to keep the wife at home, she 'll only want to play the TMNT.

Haha. It's been something she's wanted for years. And the thought process is, if we're going to drop thousands on a game, then she's getting that damn fence first. Or we'll never get one.

Of course she wants a really nice one with a cement base.

#3125 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

my pro should be here today or tomorrow!

Enjoy it dude I know you’ve been waiting for this one to be released!

#3126 3 years ago

Game code 1.11!

LE/PREMIUM V1.11 - August 4, 2020
=================================
Fixed:
- Fixed some issues where the display was causing the game to hang.
- Corrected spelling of Marshmallows in Instant Info and Ninja Pizza Multiball
- Fixed misspelling of BEBOP on episode introduction display.
- Ninja Pizza Multiball Ball Save timer was not being set correctly for
install HARD and EXTRA-HARD.
- Final Battle Ready had all turtle shots flashing instead of the left ramp.
This has been corrected.
- Fixed an issue during regular gameplay, if the final episode is complete and
Final Battle Ready is displayed, the ball will not eject if the Pizza
Parlor or Lair is the final shot.
- Fixed an issue where the pizza toppings would not get reset correctly in the
2nd plus games.

New:
- Added display effect for Extra ball is lit.
- Added lamp effect for starting Bebop or Rocksteady hurry-up in Final Battle
Phase 2
- Add Turtle Selection to Final Battle Challenge. Each Turtle will give a
different perk for the challenge mode:
- LEONARDO - 2X BEBOP AND ROCKSTEADY AWARDS
- DONATELLO - 3X FOOT AWARDS
- RAPHAEL - EXTRA DAMAGE TO BOSSES
- MICHELAGELO - LIGHT BATTLE AGAIN
- Added rotating flasher background lamp effect while you have 2X or higher
playfield multiplier running.
- Added adjustment to stop the Turtles from cycling at the start of the game.
- Its called ALLOW TURTLES TO CYCLE.
- Its a YES NO type adjustment
- It defaults to YES.
- This is added to DIRECTOR INSTALL and then defaults to NO.
- Added a timed ball save for Phase 2 of Final Battle.
It features different ball save durations based on "Final Battle
Difficulty" setting,

Tweaked:
- Increased the scores for spelling APRIL and LAIR.
- Fixed the monospacing of some score fonts.
- Removed pizza toppings from display when playing Final Battle Challenge
- Removed skill shot reminder speech during Final Battle Challenge
- Increased the max points for the Glider feature
- Changed Turtle Power Difficulty from a number to EASY/MEDIUM/HARD
EASY = 3 shots, MEDIUM = 4 shots, HARD = 5 shots
The number of required shots will increment by 1 each time Turtle Power
Multiball is played afterward.
- Install presets now change Final Battle Difficulty adjustment
- Final Battle Challenge adjustment was labelled incorrectly
- Adjusted the min and max the glider can travel.
- Adjusted the min and max the glider can be calibrated.
- Made it so if you pick LEO and you make your skill shot you will receive
your skill shot and you will start Training on that same shot.
- Added spinner flasher to the light sweeps in the game.
- Added left disc flasher to the game over lamp effect.
- Changed some of the text in Instant Info.
- Changed Instant Info Pizza topping page to show one topping instead of the
current amount the player has.
- Changed Bonus held from holding the pre-multiplied amount to hold it all and
then adding it to the total for the next ball.

#3127 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

All they had to do was put a 0.2c washer under the guide pin to keep it off the pf

#3128 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

All they had to do was put a 0.2c washer under the guide pin to keep it off the pf

Never had to do that on any of my games up until recently, clearcoat used to be a little thicker, rock hard and like glass!

#3129 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Never had to do that on any of my games up until recently, clearcoat used to be a little thicker, rock hard and like glass!

Now people are taking apart their brand new games to add washers. What a mess.

1 week later
#3130 3 years ago

Not many turtles around me yet but that will soon be changing. TMNT LE model has been sitting atop the top 100 for the third week. It needs more ratings in order to settle into it’s true position. If you haven’t reviewed the game, do so when you can.

1 week later
#3131 3 years ago

Just got my Pro today. and I have the grainy artwork. I also do not have artwork under the furthest left outlane post. Guess we will see if they will replace it, or I just will have to get beat up when trying to move it down the road. Attached some pictures of the Grain and lines in the artwork.

118225571_3213717692076490_6033234920765986930_n (resized).jpg118225571_3213717692076490_6033234920765986930_n (resized).jpg118301244_741823333306217_442316284789363433_n (resized).jpg118301244_741823333306217_442316284789363433_n (resized).jpg
#3132 3 years ago

Oy, that may be the worst one i've seen so far. You do you, but that thing would be on its way back to the distributor if it showed up at my house.

#3133 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Oy, that may be the worst one i've seen so far. You do you, but that thing would be on its way back to the distributor if it showed up at my house.

Yah it looks horrible. I can't believe people accept this and keep a game like this. Like I said before, the only thing that attracts me to this game is the theme and art. The layout is "meh". So if my art sucks, it's going back

#3134 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Yah it looks horrible. I can't believe people accept this and keep a game like this. Like I said before, the only thing that attracts me to this game is the theme and art. The layout is "meh". So if my art sucks, it's going back

I'm guessing you'll be able to buy a $400 light from Stern next month to fill in the missing ink on these subpar playfields.

#3135 3 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

Just got my Pro today. and I have the grainy artwork. I also do not have artwork under the furthest left outlane post. Guess we will see if they will replace it, or I just will have to get beat up when trying to move it down the road. Attached some pictures of the Grain and lines in the artwork.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy hell man. What's the date on that playfield? It'd be good to start tracking whether these were all part of an initial run where there was a printing/ink issue, or if this is the new norm for pros (that'd be the assumption if we're still seeing issues on playfields built more recently).

#3136 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Holy hell man. What's the date on that playfield? It'd be good to start tracking whether these were all part of an initial run where there was a printing/ink issue, or if this is the new norm for pros (that'd be the assumption if we're still seeing issues on playfields built more recently).

Stern has more than one company printing playfields.

#3137 3 years ago

So my distributor has been as cool as they could while this is all going on. I have a "Support ticket" in with Stern to see what (if anything) they are willing to do officially. I will report back as I get information. Its shitty I am in this situation, but if it can help others with either how well or poorly Stern handles this, and other can see what happened. At least I will feel something came out of this bad situation.

#3138 3 years ago

That looks ugly, some will say it's a close up picture.... I've been in the printing industry for 30 years and i can tell if it's not good close up it will not look good from another view either. Printing QA has gone down the last 2 years from Stern, but this is the bottom.

It's even worse to know that some TMNT are better.

I turned down my populated playfield replacement and asked for the broken parts and a blank playfield instead. I rather keep the playfield i have if they send one that looks even worse.

#3139 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Seems like the initial runs had great artwork but art under posts. So looks like Stern ran a load of playfields without art under the posts quickly.

Could it be a strategic move by Stern to stop pooling and chipping? Reduce the amount of art to the thinnest cost imaginable so it sticks to the playfield and can’t pool and lift

#3140 3 years ago

The inkjet artwork is nothing short of horrific. You know all the decisions involve money. But still, I don't know who's approving things there.

walter-is-bad-at-his-job-1572981088 (resized).jpgwalter-is-bad-at-his-job-1572981088 (resized).jpg
#3141 3 years ago

as turtles fan i prefer mock turtle soup
does anybody know this soup?

heinz-copy (resized).jpgheinz-copy (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3142 3 years ago

Hey man this is my le yours is definitely worse than mine, I had a shit finish as well

20200918_083808 (resized).jpg20200918_083808 (resized).jpg20200918_083831 (resized).jpg20200918_083831 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3143 3 years ago

I think Stern's Turtles might be John Borg's best design for Stern!! If i get the money, i am buying the Premium or the LE... The cabinet looks pretty good on the PRO/ Premium, but GORGEOUS on the LE!!

2 weeks later
#3144 3 years ago

I’m having a problem with my Pro TMNT where the 3rd ball entering lock crashes into the 2 parked balls and bounces back out around the horseshoe, often into a stdm drain. Is anyone else experiencing this?

#3145 3 years ago
Quoted from veejay:

I’m having a problem with my Pro TMNT where the 3rd ball entering lock crashes into the 2 parked balls and bounces back out around the horseshoe, often into a stdm drain. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Ask this in the club thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-club2020-cowabunga-its-pizza-time

1 week later
#3146 3 years ago

Its like someone picked quickprint instead oh high quality mode on the printer that day. Damn thats bad..... I'd be pissed

1 month later
#3147 3 years ago

A TMNT pro edition popped up near me this weekend. I am going to head over and check it out. Besides the playfield printing issue, is there a list of things I should confirm condition on?

#3148 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

A TMNT pro edition popped up near me this weekend. I am going to head over and check it out. Besides the playfield printing issue, is there a list of things I should confirm condition on?

The premiums have loads of issues with the diverter and other things. The print quality should be the only concern on a pro.

#3149 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

The premiums have loads of issues with the diverter and other things. The print quality should be the only concern on a pro.

PF issues on the early pros no doubt (pooling, peeling) - so check that out. If the art is extended to the posts, it’s very high chance it will pool/crack. Get the ones with no art- printing/color thing is imo not even close to this.

3 weeks later
#3150 3 years ago

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) In-Depth Pinball Machine Review

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Port Charlotte, FL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Broadway, VA
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.