20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 64.
#2951 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Why have an owners club thread if anyone and everyone can post? It is not an owners club thread then, just a normal thread.

Bingo. It’s not an owners only thread. Ask Robin. It’s a fan club thread.

That’s why people coming into them and shitting on the game is stupid. Why go into a fan club thread if you’re not a fan of the game?

#2952 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I see co-op mode as a big plus on this game. Frankly, most games should have something like this coded in. Its a great way to see more of a game, and I bet it helps the coin drop on location as well.

I honestly plan to play 4 player co-op when it’s just me as well. Love how Dwight made special rules for that. Adds all kinds of strategy.

#2953 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bingo. It’s not an owners only thread. Ask Robin. It’s a fan club thread.
That’s why people coming into them and shitting on the game is stupid. Why go into a fan club thread if you’re not a fan of the game?

I am good with it being a fan club thread. We could label them that way to make things easier for everyone.

I agree with you. People coming into them and shitting on the game is stupid. Life is too short to worry about these guys.

Play more pinball! Bring on Turtle Power.

#2954 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

. People coming into them and shitting on the game is stupid. Life is too short to worry about these guys.

For the most part, I agree. But I own and enjoy a Ghostbusters and feel like I do my fair share of complaining about the game in the thread. Not from a malicious perspective more just that I think the game has some shortcomings and I feel theyre worth discussing. But I guess thats alot different than just blindly shitting on a game.

#2955 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

For the most part, I agree. But I own and enjoy a Ghostbusters and feel like I do my fair share of complaining about the game in the thread. Not from a malicious perspective more just that I think the game has some shortcomings and I feel theyre worth discussing. But I guess thats alot different than just blindly shitting on a game.

Most of the people who shit in the club threads are guys who played the game on location a few times and have to tell everyone their two cents of why it’s terrible, why everyone is stupid for buying it and why they will never own it.

#2956 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I visit the GB all the time, you are not trashing the game at all. All of us get frustrated with out expensive toys every now and again.

Bring on Turtle Power..

#2957 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Most of the people who shit in the club threads are guys who played the game on location a few times...

most... yes may be most, but not all

#2958 3 years ago

Any chance we can get back to Turtles talk again...

AF504B7F-FD9D-4747-9B1D-E83F1EE74C91.gifAF504B7F-FD9D-4747-9B1D-E83F1EE74C91.gif8AD2E38A-2503-40F5-9B61-6A52254471BB.gif8AD2E38A-2503-40F5-9B61-6A52254471BB.gif
#2959 3 years ago

Yep. In the club thread!

#2960 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any chance we can get back to Turtles talk again...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Imagine if these scenes played instead of the custom animations Stern created. It would be the total package.

#2961 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Imagine if these scenes played instead of the custom animations Stern created. It would be the total package.

You could rip and replace a lot form the Turtles DVD and use Pinball Browser. The DVD's are like $5, but the problem is they are in standard definition, and probably not even good SD. It's a shame there wasn't a Blu-Ray release of the TV show.

#2962 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

You could rip and replace a lot form the Turtles DVD and use Pinball Browser. The DVD's are like $5, but the problem is they are in standard definition, and probably not even good SD. It's a shame there wasn't a Blu-Ray release of the TV show.

I would probably do that if we got confirmation that PinBrowser worked for these newer games. I was under the impression that they fixed that access loophole.

#2963 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I would probably do that if we got confirmation that PinBrowser worked for these newer games. I was under the impression that they fixed that access loophole.

He'll tweak it in time.

#2964 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Was pin-browser ever capable of replacing video on Spike 2 systems? For some reason i though it would only read video but could replace audio. In either case, I wouldn't expect pin-browser to be part of any solutions moving forward. Now that Stern has made a conscious effort to block access, even if pin-browser found a way to regain access, Stern would most likely counter with a way to block (and that cycle could just repeat indefinitely)

Its unfortunate because the ability to customize your pinball soundtracks was such a cool thing.

#2965 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Was pin-browser ever capable of replacing video on Spike 2 systems? For some reason i though it would only read video but could replace audio. In either case, I wouldn't expect pin-browser to be part of any solutions moving forward. Now that Stern has made a conscious effort to block access, even if pin-browser found a way to regain access, Stern would most likely counter with a way to block (and that cycle could just repeat indefinitely)
Its unfortunate because the ability to customize your pinball soundtracks was such a cool thing.

Yes Pinball browser was able to replace videos too. On Munsters 1.03 it is still possible. I always wanted to replace some ugly animations with some original cuts. For testing i use some minions animations, well i kept them, it's so fun to have something unexpeted coming while playing.
If pinball browser would work, this would make the decision to buy a TMNT much easier. If there is some ugly animation you just would replace it. Or callouts you don't like.

#2966 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Endless cat and mouse cycles haven't stopped people from making jailbreaks for the iPhone. And Stern hardly responds quickly to software changes like Apple does.

So I would expect Pinball Browser to be a part of the solution moving forward.

#2967 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Yes Pinball browser was able to replace videos too. On Munsters 1.03 it is still possible. I always wanted to replace some ugly animations with some original cuts. For testing i use some minions animations, well i kept them, it's so fun to have something unexpeted coming while playing.
If pinball browser would work, this would make the decision to buy a TMNT much easier. If there is some ugly animation you just would replace it. Or callouts you don't like.

That's awesome - I did not realize it did video as well.

#2968 3 years ago

At some point Olivier will get sick and tired of circumventing the obstacles put in front of him with his project and will stop updating it. Nobody could blame him either, its annoying and unnecessary to purposely block pinball browser, but it has happened and will probably continue to happen. A test of wills. Many thanks for the 7 years you put into this project and the countless updates! Lots of cool customizations over the years and many games sold that would not have been purchased had it not been for pinball browser.

Quoted from Napoleon:

Endless cat and mouse cycles haven't stopped people from making jailbreaks for the iPhone. And Stern hardly responds quickly to software changes like Apple does.
So I would expect Pinball Browser to be a part of the solution moving forward.

#2969 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

At some point Olivier will get sick and tired of circumventing the obstacles put in front of him with his project and will stop updating it.

We should probably let Olivier decide that. Hard to keep a good hacker down!

#2970 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yep. In the club thread!

Where is it?

#2971 3 years ago

The Little Flippers got their TMNT yesterday. Its a great game. Way better than I thought it would be. Super fun and fast.

IMG_20200701_072832 (resized).jpgIMG_20200701_072832 (resized).jpgIMG_20200701_072907 (resized).jpgIMG_20200701_072907 (resized).jpgIMG_20200701_072912 (resized).jpgIMG_20200701_072912 (resized).jpgIMG_20200701_072936 (resized).jpgIMG_20200701_072936 (resized).jpgIMG_20200701_072945 (resized).jpgIMG_20200701_072945 (resized).jpg
#2972 3 years ago

Love the pics. Keep them coming. This is a homerun for stern.

#2973 3 years ago

Any Canadians receive theirs? I’ve not heard a solid date for my delivery yet.

#2974 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Any Canadians receive theirs? I’ve not heard a solid date for my delivery yet.

Not in Canada, but in the same boat. Just waiting for that email that my LE is ready.

#2975 3 years ago

Do you think tmnt is too childish of a team? I’m looking to get Deadpool, JP, or tmnt and having a hard time deciding. I sorta new to pinball and have MB already.

#2976 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Do you think tmnt is too childish of a team? I’m looking to get Deadpool, JP, or tmnt and having a hard time deciding. I sorta new to pinball and have MB already.

TMNT2 is no more childish than Hot Wheels or Wizard of Oz themed games. I like playing all and am a grown-ass man.

But speaking of Turtles and seeing Stern delivering them, I have a few questions for those who are familiar with the pin. TMNT2 has no sounds, speech, music or video from the cartoon, right? So how do you like the custom speech, music and video content currently in the game?

#2977 3 years ago

Got my Pro and streamed it last night. A couple good combos, reached the Team up modes during Co-Op play, and set a high score for each turtle.

#2978 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Got my Pro and streamed it last night. A couple good combos, reached the Team up modes during Co-Op play, and set a high score for each turtle.

Overall how happy with the game would you say you are? Looks phenomenal, I know I’ve not been this excited by a release watching streams in ages!

#2979 3 years ago

I may sell my pro sooner than later. I am just not enjoying the code so far.

#2980 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Overall how happy with the game would you say you are? Looks phenomenal, I know I’ve not been this excited by a release watching streams in ages!

I am a TMNT nut so the theme can weight my opinion (but I didn’t only keep the DE TMNT for 45 days). The shots are awesome. The ramps are smooth when you hit them, and the amount of ways to feed the upper left flipper is really impressive. I love Much of Lawlor’s games so upper flippers are always appealing to me but this feels more critical to progress, and more accessible.

Lair shot is hard but can be backhanded. That will take a lot to learn, but I’m looking forward to it. Callouts make me smile and light show is potentially the best on a Stern Pro. Animations (when I have the chance to look at them) have been good and the ball stopper on the
Ramps have been a great way to pause the action. Feels like the sword stopper on GoT premium.

Day 1: It’s a top 10 game for me and will likely rise in the ranks as I get more time on it.

#2981 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

It could really use some balancing and some better fanfare when goals are accomplished at minimum.

#2982 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I own all 3. At this current time I would highly suggest Deadpool followed by Jurassic Park followed by TMNT.

#2983 3 years ago

I own all 3. At this current time I would highly suggest Deadpool followed by Jurassic Park followed by TMNT.

I owned Deadpool and it was excellent. Definitely a quality game. I solD it cuz my 4 year old was afraid of the art.

#2984 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Ninja theme is not childish at all. Let’s see: Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory, Wizard of Oz, Hobbit, cartoon R&M, Hot Wheels: are they childish themes? Don’t think so, as there are many adult collectors in every category. TMNT is an evergreen top tier license, that appeals to all ages.

#2986 3 years ago

I appreciate your candor. What is it that youte not loving? I hear the 123 foot combo is sorta a bummer?

#2987 3 years ago

Reposting question ->

But speaking of Turtles and seeing Stern delivering them, I have a few questions for those who are familiar with the pin. TMNT2 has no sounds, speech, music or video from the cartoon, right? So how do you like the custom speech, music and video content currently in the game?

#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I appreciate your candor. What is it that youte not loving? I hear the 123 foot combo is sorta a bummer?

Way to multiball heavy. Also the scoring just seems unbalanced. Something is just off putting with the scoring and I can’t move my finger on it. I’m nailing all the lit shots for example in a big multi ball and it doesn’t feel rewarding from the scoring side of things. Modes don’t have much personality, just rinse and repeat over and over. The 123 foot combo is a bit annoying as it shuts everything off everything else while you are in that mode.

I love everything else about this game. I feel it has the potential to be an amazing game. I just feel that needs some tweaking to get there.

For the record the more I play the game the more I am enjoying it but the way things are now I don’t see the game lasting very long in my collection.

When I play Deadpool, Jurassic Park
& Elvira It feels much more rewarding in regards to scoring, balancing etc.

#2989 3 years ago

jeffgoldstein2 sorry you feel this way. Everyone likes different things. I'm am not sure I feel the same and look at the rules and fanfare differently. The multiball modes are super fun and trying to get that Jackpoto Grande is super challenging. I have not figured out how to get the Triple Mondo Jackpot. Foot 123 doesn't bother me at all for when it comes on I know I have to focus on that for it is one of the things that you need to get to Cowabunga. Collecting your weapon is awesome as well. The modes are super fun and different. I especially like Window Shopping which is the Bebop and Rocksteady one. Its really awesome how Dwight did the insert lights on this. Feels like the video game in that when you hit each of their orbits the colors go from Yellow to Orange to Red. I can understand how the game can get confusing on what is going on but once you figure it all out its really a blast. I am not sure if after you collect the Foot 123 on ball one or two that if you start it again it will take you out of whatever you are going for. I do agree that if you do collect the Foot 123 the second time around it should not cancel out whatever you are in. I have not noticed though if it does that or not. Hope you get into it some more the more you play!

#2990 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

jeffgoldstein2 sorry you feel this way. Everyone likes different things. I'm am not sure I feel the same and look at the rules and fanfare differently. The multiball modes are super fun and trying to get that Jackpoto Grande is super challenging. I have not figured out how to get the Triple Mondo Jackpot. Foot 123 doesn't bother me at all for when it comes on I know I have to focus on that for it is one of the things that you need to get to Cowabunga. Collecting your weapon is awesome as well. The modes are super fun and different. I especially like Window Shopping which is the Bebop and Rocksteady one. Its really awesome how Dwight did the insert lights on this. Feels like the video game in that when you hit each of their orbits the colors go from Yellow to Orange to Red. I can understand how the game can get confusing on what is going on but once you figure it all out its really a blast. I am not sure if after you collect the Foot 123 on ball one or two that if you start it again it will take you out of whatever you are going for. I do agree that if you do collect the Foot 123 the second time around it should not cancel out whatever you are in. I have not noticed though if it does that or not. Hope you get into it some more the more you play!

I’m glad you’re enjoying the game! I will be putting more time on it all weekend.

I’m just curious, which turtle do you prefer to play as?

#2991 3 years ago

I’m glad you’re enjoying the game! I will be putting more time on it all weekend.
I’m just curious, which turtle do you prefer to play as?

I like Raph a lot but also like Michelangelo. Leos skill shot is hard. Watch our stream starting around the 2:31 mark. Here you can see me working my way thru the Pizza Multi Ball and collecting the Jackpoto Jackpot. So much fun!

https://www.twitch.tv/spacecitypinball/video/669345555

#2992 3 years ago

Has anyone else had the video crash? At the end of one ball, it took a REALLY long time to clear the screen, then when it did, the screen went black in the center, and no backgrounds updated for the rest of the game. Points and message flags updated and animated over the black area, but the background in the center of the frame remained black with some white noise dots. Reported it, but it was strange...

TMNT_Video_Crash_2020_07_03 (resized).jpgTMNT_Video_Crash_2020_07_03 (resized).jpg

I also don't like how some of the lighting effects black out (or pulse slowly all the way to off then back) everything including GI. One of them turns everything off just after it lets the ball go on the left return, and you need to make the right ramp shot, so suddenly I'm playing Tommy and have to make the shot blind. They need to leave a little of the GI on for those that play in a dark room (or locations like bars).

#2993 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Has anyone else had the video crash? At the end of one ball, it took a REALLY long time to clear the screen, then when it did, the screen went black in the center, and no backgrounds updated for the rest of the game. Points and message flags updated and animated over the black area, but the background in the center of the frame remained black with some white noise dots. Reported it, but it was strange...
[quoted image]
I also don't like how some of the lighting effects black out (or pulse slowly all the way to off then back) everything including GI. One of them turns everything off just after it lets the ball go on the left return, and you need to make the right ramp shot, so suddenly I'm playing Tommy and have to make the shot blind. They need to leave a little of the GI on for those that play in a dark room (or locations like bars).

I haven't seen that happen yet on mine. The only bug I can see is that sometimes one of the balls that is staged up in the turtle van will release so I will have two balls during single ball play. Maybe happened 5 games out of the total 30 or so we played last night.

#2994 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I haven't seen that happen yet on mine. The only bug I can see is that sometimes one of the balls that is staged up in the turtle van will release so I will have two balls during single ball play. Maybe happened 5 games out of the total 30 or so we played last night.

It's obviously super-rare because it happened once in probably 100 games. I wish I had been paying closer attention to what was going on when it happened, but it was unexpected, so I didn't really remember what was running when the screen froze then crashed.

The arrow in the rollover lanes will also disappear when you make the skill shot up there until you move the "made" arrow with your flipper buttons. Not all the time, but often.

#2995 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's obviously super-rare because it happened once in probably 100 games. I wish I had been paying closer attention to what was going on when it happened, but it was unexpected, so I didn't really remember what was running when the screen froze then crashed.
The arrow in the rollover lanes will also disappear when you make the skill shot up there until you move the "made" arrow with your flipper buttons. Not all the time, but often.

So what are your first impressions?

#2996 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[

Yes this happened to me on stock software 1.00. then I upgraded to 1.00.4 and haven't seen it again, it was an annoying bug though. Same experience as you, only happened once in about one hundred games. Seems like a purely software issue that could be worked out in a future release.

#2997 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Yes this happened to me on stock software 1.00. then I upgraded to 1.00.4 and haven't seen it again, it was an annoying bug though. Same experience as you, only happened once in about one hundred games. Seems like a purely software issue that could be worked out in a future release.

Yeah, I'm sure it's software, I just wish I was paying closer attention to what was going on when it happened so I could give Xaqery more clues to find/fix it.

#2998 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So what are your first impressions?

I like it, but it's very early days. I'm still not totally clear on all aspects of the gameplay, and making TMNT multiball happen just because you hit a ramp 4 times seems really lame. Once I figured out that hitting both ramps qualified the Start Episode, I made a lot better progress. I've been 1 episode away from what I think is Technodrome (the biggest mode light) a few times now.

That 3rd flipper ramp is a huge bitch to hit reliably, though. The fact that there's an inner loop right next to is is design trolling, IMO. So disappointing to think you finally are gonna make the ramp shot from the ball rocketing around the top and down and end up hitting the inner loop right next to it instead. Grrrr...

Don't mind the voices overall. However, Krang is voiced very one-note compared to the real deal, which gets irritating after a while. He's all flaming high speech without the lower part of his speaking voice that sounded like Lionel Twain from Murder by Death.

#2999 3 years ago

So far, I'm really enjoying this game!

I agree that the two multiball modes need to be made a bit more challenging to get to, but Dwight has already said he's working on this.

I personally like the two inner shots from the left flipper. I like that the right ramp doesn't lead where you expect. This design makes for a more interesting game!

The light show is excellent. 17 color changing RGB inserts is up a bit from Stern's usual 8 or 9 (of course, I'm not talking about complete color changing games like Star Trek Premium etc..) and the 3 color GI is very attractive and I think a first for a Pro?

All in all, it just needs some minor code tweaks, and Stern has a real winner on their hands!

#3000 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I agree that the two multiball modes need to be made a bit more challenging to get to, but Dwight has already said he's working on this.

Did he? I missed that, but it's great to hear. The way they are set up now is dull. That said, I'm still amazed that we got a Stern that's pretty complete at launch. That hasn't happened since Iron Maiden, and before that I can't remember when.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 7,999.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/60?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.