20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 64.
#2751 3 years ago

How much whisky do I need in my house before I can call it a bar?

#2752 3 years ago

I also got hit up for my final LE payment today! Should be soon!

#2753 3 years ago

I'm hearing the same now from my distributor.

Apparently Stern wants all of the pros being made on location. Then LEs then pros for home use.

Doesn't make any sense considering operators can't really run full speed right now. They really should do half and half.

Sucks. Looks like pros will be mid to late July.

#2754 3 years ago

Womp womp.

#2755 3 years ago

My dist said my home use pro was part of the 1st run...now I’m getting worried haha.

#2756 3 years ago

I relate

16503650 (resized).jpg16503650 (resized).jpg
#2757 3 years ago

Wow, this delay for Pro’s is brutal if true.

#2758 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Apparently Stern wants all of the pros being made on location.

Stern will often make sure that orders for locations planning to host launch parties be fulfilled early as part of their marketing strategy for the game. It may be that the line was not able to create as many games as it would under normal circumstances and fewer Pros were made upfront. Therefore they fulfill the launch event orders, move on to fulfill LEs for the collectors and come back to Pros soon therafter.

#2759 3 years ago

Interesting. My distributor called in my balance today. He said my batch was going on the line next week. He's always been straight with me.

I wonder how Stern can force distros to only sell to operators? I can see them strongly suggesting it, but that's about it.

Time will tell, I guess.

#2760 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Interesting. My distributor called in my balance today. He said my batch was going on the line next week. He's always been straight with me.
I wonder how Stern can force distros to only sell to operators? I can see them strongly suggesting it, but that's about it.
Time will tell, I guess.

I think operators would be the distros best customers so they would get their games first.

#2761 3 years ago

Stern has shown pics online of Pros boxed and labeled for France.

Pretty sure it is all the same as it has always has been.
Announce
Build a few hundred and have them all ready
Containers leave for overseas
PROs release to operators putting them on locations (a few squeak through to home owners; may see a bit more due to Covid stuff)
The attempt is to time it so overseas games land and are ready at the same time as US Pros for route.

After that... Stern has shifted to LE/Prem production and then typically a second batch of Pros. This seems to be a bit flexible and based on order demand.

TMNT2 seems to be following the same plan as always.
I think some got false hope that Covid meant no route games and they would all go to home users???

#2762 3 years ago

My pipe dream was that they already had a bunch assembled marinating in boxes before COVID shut things down and I'd get one with hard clearcoat .

I guess on the one hand playfields may have already been made so it might be a reality.

#2763 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Stern has shown pics online of Pros boxed and labeled for France.
Pretty sure it is all the same as it has always has been.
Announce
Build a few hundred and have them all ready
Containers leave for overseas
PROs release to operators putting them on locations (a few squeak through to home owners; may see a bit more due to Covid stuff)
The attempt is to time it so overseas games land and are ready at the same time as US Pros for route.
After that... Stern has shifted to LE/Prem production and then typically a second batch of Pros. This seems to be a bit flexible and based on order demand.
TMNT2 seems to be following the same plan as always.
I think some got false hope that Covid meant no route games and they would all go to home users???

We go thru this every time.

#2764 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

my wife and kids are away next weekend. Would be so perfect to have my LE delivered but I know that aint happening.

Are you kidding, what are the odds. Same exact thing here, wife and daughters away to my sister-in-law's baby shower. But I know my LE won't make it here until July.... sad face.

#2765 3 years ago

Stern just dropped the TMNT art blades and rule sheet.

Rule Sheet: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/TMNT-Rulesheet.pdf

Art Blades: https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/tmnt-art-blades

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 11.51.18 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-06-19 at 11.51.18 AM (resized).png

#2766 3 years ago

thanks, printing rules out and placing them in my arcade area...to be there sitting all lonely until the game arrives.

#2767 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I heard similar from my local dist yesterday ... He didn't mention the 150 number but he said he had two TMNT Pros coming in next week because they were for bars.

Pretty darn close to what I was told. My distro wanted to send me one of the ones they are getting next week and Stern told them no. Only supposed to go to showrooms or locations where public sees the games. Guess it didn't matter to Stern even though I buy probably as many games as some operators. I buy most of the Stern games on release and my friends in local league, etc see them, play them and it leads to more sales. But, It's ok though - I just went and switched my order to a new game produced by another manufacturer this time. Not going to jamb up my seller and go against Stern's wishes. Really liked the other game I saw anyway.

Hot Wheels will be fun too.

#2768 3 years ago

Cool, I think I prefer those to the LE art blades.

#2769 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cool, I think I prefer those to the LE art blades.

Its mildly humorous that the Stern shop ad listing says compatible with all Models: Pro, Premium, and *LE*!

I guess you could always rip the LE ones out!

#2770 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Its mildly humorous that the Stern shop ad listing says compatible with all Models: Pro, Premium, and *LE*!
I guess you could always rip the LE ones out!

There’s someone doing just that! Can’t remember his pinside ID but he’s getting an LE and ripping out the art blades to put mirror blades on it, there’s one LE that’s going to depreciate BIG!

#2771 3 years ago

I've bought many pros day 1 so this new to me. I've never waited for a pro AFTER LEs.

Side art blades look REALLY good. Pro with non LE art blades.....I'll take it stern.

#2772 3 years ago

I just had a confirmation from my dealer that The TMNT delay is real.

Right now since Stern is at 50% of the production capacity frist phase, they doing PRO for export and some locations market in the USA.

Limited stock for Canada is scheduled for July and the main Pro run will be in production in August.

#2773 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

...Containers leave for overseas...

seems correct
had distro confirmation that there're some PRO on next boat already travelling the sea for us... well, unfortunately, not me lol

#2774 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

I just had a confirmation from my dealer that The TMNT delay is real.
Right now since Stern is at 50% of the production capacity frist phase, they doing PRO for export and some locations market in the USA.
Limited stock for Canada is scheduled for July and the main Pro run will be in production in August.

man I hope it's not LE, then prem then Pro. Can't be right ; )

#2775 3 years ago

Unfortunately I had some other expenses come up and had to cancel my LE and move my deposit to a Prem , though I'm starting to feel similarly to delt31 and am thinking the pro may be the way to go. I can't wait to see feedback on all the versions once people start getting them.

#2776 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Apparently Stern wants all of the pros being made on location. Then LEs then pros for home use.
Doesn't make any sense considering operators can't really run full speed right now. They really should do half and half.
Sucks. Looks like pros will be mid to late July.

My location is up and running, half the games only for now.
I'm waiting on the TMNT LE for there.
Guess I'll be waiting longer.

#2777 3 years ago

My dream is to get the LE. But realistically I'll just be saving for the Premium. Something about having the balls come out of the turtle van that I just can't pass up.

#2778 3 years ago

Just ordered my TMNT art blades from Stern so that they can get here and collect dust until I get my premium lol. Man I'm excited...my 80s childhood was filled with TMNT! This will also be my first ever pinball machine!

#2779 3 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

My dream is to get the LE. But realistically I'll just be saving for the Premium. Something about having the balls come out of the turtle van that I just can't pass up.

Same here, don't care about the diverter or the pizza being able to spin both ways but the balls coming out of the van is a must have for me.

#2780 3 years ago
Quoted from zeagle:

Just ordered my TMNT art blades from Stern so that they can get here and collect dust until I get my premium lol. Man I'm excited...my 80s childhood was filled with TMNT! This will also be my first ever pinball machine!

Congratulations on getting your first pinball!!

#2781 3 years ago
Quoted from zeagle:

NICE!! I'm hoping this will be my first pin too. Selling a shit ton of stuff on ebay. Just finished paying off our car and our basement is soooo close to being done.

#2782 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinlover88:

Congratulations on getting your first pinball!!

Thank you very much!! I'm super excited! I don't know what people are complaining about, but I love the artwork on the Premium. Also, having Beebop and Rocksteady on the sides of the head is awesome!

#2783 3 years ago
Quoted from zeagle:

Thank you very much!! I'm super excited! I don't know what people are complaining about, but I love the artwork on the Premium. Also, having Beebop and Rocksteady on the sides of the head is awesome!

I agree. I think it’s going to look great in person. I also like the back glass on the Premium way better. Michelangelo looks like he is sniffing his finger on the pro translite.

#2784 3 years ago

Xaqery

Thank you for posting the TMNT rule sheet! Already printed, laminated, and ready to go—can’t wait for my pin to arrive.

A few questions on the rules, if you don’t mind:

How do you select your pizza toppings? I thought I overheard you say on one of the streams there were bumpers and you could lock in somehow.

How do you start the pizza eating contest?

What triggers cowabunga multi ball? I’m guessing from the end of ball screen it’s doing each of the mini modes (including final battle). Is that right?

#2785 3 years ago

Did Stern not put one of these rulesheets together for Jurassic Park? I have Star Wars, and was able to find one of those rulesheet PDFs, and I've got this TMNT one saved for my machine that'll be coming, but all I can find for JP is the feature matrix PDF.

#2786 3 years ago
Quoted from zeagle:

I feel the same way! People keep whispering in my ear to get the hot wheels one but my heart keeps telling me to get the TMNT one because that's my childhood on a pinball machine right there!!

#2787 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinlover88:

I feel the same way! People keep whispering in my ear to get the hot wheels one but my heart keeps telling me to get the TMNT one because that's my childhood on a pinball machine right there!!

Hot wheels? Please. Yes it looks to be their best offering but that isn’t saying much.

#2788 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinlover88:

I was on the Hot Wheels band wagon but quickly jumped off. I heard rumblings of turtles but had no real interest . Being over 50
Hot wheels were cool I had many cool cars. But with it not being old school turned me off.
After watching the dead flip stream I was all in!
I don’t even know what color mask matches each turtles name! But I will learn! ordered the pro as it checks all the boxes I need!
Cowa Bunga Dude!

#2789 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hot wheels? Please. Yes it looks to be their best offering but that isn’t saying much.

Haha! I cannot get over their choice of animation it's just bizarre to me

#2790 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I was on the Hot Wheels band wagon but quickly jumped off. I heard rumblings of turtles but had no real interest . Being over 50
Hot wheels were cool I had many cool cars. But with it not being old school turned me off.
I don’t even know what color mask matches each turtles name! But I will learn! ordered the pro as it checks all the boxes I need!
Cowa Bunga Dude!

Exactly!! I don't get why you would take something that has been around for decades and base your pinball machine on it off of a web series that (to the best of my knowledge) none of us old schoolers have even heard about....I'm not saying I'm the sharpest tool in the shed but something's not adding up there to me lol

#2791 3 years ago

Segue

20200619_212321 (resized).png20200619_212321 (resized).png

#2792 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Segue

[quoted image]

Thanks now I know the names to the color masks

#2793 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Cowa Bunga Dude!

Can't wait to play it!!!!.... And I mean yours

#2794 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

xaqery
Thank you for posting the TMNT rule sheet! Already printed, laminated, and ready to go—can’t wait for my pin to arrive.
A few questions on the rules, if you don’t mind:
How do you select your pizza toppings? I thought I overheard you say on one of the streams there were bumpers and you could lock in somehow.
How do you start the pizza eating contest?
What triggers cowabunga multi ball? I’m guessing from the end of ball screen it’s doing each of the mini modes (including final battle). Is that right?

There are lots of rules that would not fit on a 6 page PDF. When I wrote that I wanted to give people a taste of the rules. Give players a feel for the the breadth and width of the rules. But I didn't want to overwhelm.

1 How do you select your pizza toppings?
- You start with 5 random toppings and you can see the next 3 toppings that would slide on to the pizza displacing the ones that are there.
- There will be a green box around the 5 toppings. If you see the green box you still need to lock balls to get to the next Ninja Pizza Multiball.
- The two pizza targets will slide all 8 toppings one space to the right, changing your toppings.
- The pop bumpers will only change the first 2 future toppings.
- When you lock your 1st ball you will lock in the 2 toppings on the far right. The green box will shrink to show how many more toppings are changeable.
- When you lock your 2nd ball you will lock in two more toppings.
- When you lock the 3rd and final ball the 5 toppings are what you get.
- The PRO can not get mushrooms. Because mushrooms allow locking a ball in the LAIR area which the PRO cannot do.
- In Competition play, you get the same 8 toppings in the same order that you change with targets and pop-bumpers.

2 How do you start the pizza eating contest?
- How many slices of pizza you have eaten is tracked and can be read in the top right of the UI.
- Each time you eat a slice of pizza that text changes briefly to show what award you will get next and how many slices you need to recieve that award.
- Pizza eating contest starts after you eat 7 slices of pizza.

- During normal play you can only eat slices from hitting the two pizza targets.
- Some times, if "stuff" is going on, you can not eat pizza from those targets.
- There are other ways to eat pizza. One is to play Ninja Pizza Multiball.
- When nothing is going on and you have eaten 7 or slices the game will go into a PIZZA EATING CONTEST READY state.
- The next time you hit one of those targets the contest will start. You will hear the game say GO GO GO!
- Start hitting the button as fast as you can. You have 6 seconds.

3 What triggers cowabunga multi ball?
- You need to complete all 7 prerequisites:
1 - Start Final Battle wizard mode.
2 - Complete 5 April Hurry-Ups
3 - Complete the 1-2-3 Foot combo
4 - Complete both halves of a Weapon Hurry-Up
5 - Collect a Triple Mondo Jackpot
6 - Collect a Grande Jackpot
7 - Collect a Max Krang Kombo

BTW - Instant Info touches on some of these Qs too if want to know during the game.

TL/DR -
1 How do you select your pizza toppings?
- The Pizza targets change your toppings.

2 How do you start the pizza eating contest?
- Hitting the pizza targets when PIZZA EATING CONTEST is ready will start the contest.

3 What triggers cowabunga multi ball?
- Complete the 7 perquisites

I hope that helps some. Good Luck!

#2795 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I hope that helps some. Good Luck!

Any chance this will have Midnight Madness in the future, or is that dead like Star Wars? I saw you said on the stream it doesn't have it currently.

Midnight Madness is one of the best things you do. Sucks that you had to take it out of Star Wars.

#2796 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Any chance this will have Midnight Madness in the future, or is that dead like Star Wars? I saw you said on the stream it doesn't have it currently.
Midnight Madness is one of the best things you do. Sucks that you had to take it out of Star Wars.

There are no plans to add Midnight Madness to Turtles. Sorry.

#2797 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Dwight - it looks like you really created some great code for this game. Thank you!

#2798 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Very_Sad_Raphael.gifVery_Sad_Raphael.gif
#2799 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

You’re up late.

#2800 3 years ago

When are pros shipping?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 16.00
$ 22.00
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/56?hl=pinlover88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.