20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 64.
#2551 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bah. Just strip out the upgrades you love and move them right over to the Premium. No time like the present to be happier.
(And thank you for your support. )

Haha, no problem! Honestly it’s fallen to the back burner. I purchased it in December of 2018 and the lineup has grown rapidly. Maybe when I run out of room, but for now I still have a few other machines to acquire before upgrading what I have.

#2552 3 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

If you are thinking of doing the premium on TMNT, you might as well splurge on the LE at that point. Otherwise, just get the pro. There simply isn’t enough of a difference between the pro and premium.

I dunno. People are underestimating that variable-speed bi-directional disc on the premium, but it creates a LOT more ball action on jjPotC, so I wouldn't discount it. Plus the balls piling out of the van is cool...

#2553 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I've been very impressed with what I have seen on TMNT and I think it will be my first Stern. It is a family friendly theme that my wife approves of and the ruleset looks like it will work great in a home environment. I was initially thinking Pro, but after re-watching the streams I am starting to learn toward the Premium. The one thing I don't really care for on the Premium is the purple cabinet artwork. For those in on a Premium, what made you decide on that over the Pro or LE?

I was between the Pro and LE for that exact reason, didn't the purple and thought it was inferior to the Pro. No way I'd pay $2k more for a Premium, even with more functionality, when I thought the Pro had the better art package.

So I went the LE route myself!

#2554 3 years ago

Pro.

Save the spare cash to pay for the inevitable $650 topper to get the extra mode.

Save the rest to buy another game.

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I dunno. People are underestimating that variable-speed bi-directional disc on the premium, but it creates a LOT more ball action on jjPotC, so I wouldn't discount it. Plus the balls piling out of the van is cool...

Don’t ever see this idea mentioned, but the 4 balls piling out of the van is actually the 4 turtles piling out of the van in the TV series. It is a cool feature for sure.

Think the LE offers best art package imo. Both cabinet sides are different and do not have the name on them, as it is already all over everywhere else.

Add up invisiglass, special powedercoated armor, upgraded sound/speakers, with speaker cosmetic colored rings, lollipop rails, mirrored back glass, inside (artist designed) art blades and LE purchase is easy decision imo.

Plus there are LE only buyers out there in the future that will pay premium for your LE down the road, if it is a good title and TMNT is in that category.

In Oz, we have a guy advertising he will pay $24,000.00 for a Tron LE, for example. So far he has no takers, lol.

#2556 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Plus there are LE only buyers out there in the future that will pay premium for your LE down the road, if it is a good title and TMNT is in that category.
In Oz, we have a guy advertising he will pay $24,000.00 for a Tron LE, for example. So far he has no takers, lol.

I wouldn't bank on future value as part of the decision. Most LEs decline in value, or at the very least do not appreciate. For every breakout Tron LE or jjPotC LE there's an Transformers LE, Avengers LE, WWE LE, XMEN LE, Hobbit LE, etc etc.

#2557 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pro.
Save the spare cash to pay for the inevitable $650 topper to get the extra mode.
Save the rest to buy another game.

Rumor has it, turtles is going to have four transparent toppers, 1 turtle each and 1 extra extra mode per topper. You stack the toppers in front of each other to see all 4 turtles and complete the art piece. $595 per turtle, or all 4 in a set for $1800. Remember the good old days when complete toppers were only $600?

#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Rumor has it, turtles is going to have four transparent toppers, 1 turtle each and 1 extra extra mode per topper. You stack the toppers in front of each other to see all 4 turtles and complete the art piece. $595 per turtle, or all 4 in a set for $1800. Remember the good old days when complete toppers were only $600?

Or when a topper actually came with a machine. (Whirlwind, Taxi, Addams Family...)

#2559 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I went in on a premium because of the diverter, turtle van lock and 8 ball multi ball. Premium/LE are supposed to be the “full game as the designer envisioned”, also, I regret not going for a premium on Ghostbusters and don’t want to do that again.
I prefer to do my own powder coating, side blades and all of that. The only thing an LE would add that I would want is the shaker and HD glass.

Right there with you. I bought an tmnt Le but im still debating on if i'm going to remove the art blades and depending on how the powdercoat looks in person i might redo the colors when i get my speaker cover and rails done

#2560 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

what about the tops topper?

#2561 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

And I got an X-men instead of Tron

#2562 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Right there with you. I bought an tmnt Le but im still debating on if i'm going to remove the art blades and depending on how the powdercoat looks in person i might redo the colors when i get my speaker cover and rails done

I actually kind of like the art blades in the LE. It’s more or less the fact that adding powder coating, side blades and a shaker will run me an extra $300. I don’t care about limited number and I’ve never used HD glass and am kind of afraid to open that can of worms.

#2563 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I actually kind of like the art blades in the LE. It’s more or less the fact that adding powder coating, side blades and a shaker will run me an extra $300. I don’t care about limited number and I’ve never used HD glass and am kind of afraid to open that can of worms.

HD Glass is amazing, the only worthwhile mod out there. I'm in on a Pro as the diverter doesn't do anything for me and will probably get some HD glass shortly after.

#2564 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

probably get some HD glass

This is a pretty great deal right now, Cointaker said they most likely won't be offering it that much longer.

https://cointaker.com/products/invisiglass-2-pack

#2565 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

ROFLMFAO!!!

that sounds so supit, greedy and absurd! wait... it could be just another Stern move.

#2566 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

and you just gave them the idea thanks.
You have patented it, to get something out for yourself.

#2567 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Or when a topper actually came with a machine. (Whirlwind, Taxi, Addams Family...)

Rick and Morty...

#2568 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies! Some of the things that I heard that struck me were hearing Dwight and John talk about the bidirectional spinning disk having a big impact on the game. The other was hearing that the diverter allows the ball to return to either flipper making the Premium/LE slightly easier than the Pro, which is good for me since I suck at pinball . I agree that the LE has the best art package, but I have a tough time justifying the $9k price. Plus I am looking to buy in the fall and they'll probably be gone by then, so it'll be a moot point anyway. Looking forward to hearing people's impressions when they receive their machines.

#2569 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies! Some of the things that I heard that struck me were hearing Dwight and John talk about the bidirectional spinning disk having a big impact on the game. The other was hearing that the diverter allows the ball to return to either flipper making the Premium/LE slightly easier than the Pro, which is good for me since I suck at pinball . I agree that the LE has the best art package, but I have a tough time justifying the $9k price. Plus I am looking to buy in the fall and they'll probably be gone by then, so it'll be a moot point anyway. Looking forward to hearing people's impressions when they receive their machines.

The disk going both ways will just provide more action like GotG Premium's three magnets to the Pros one. Is it worth $2000, I didn't think so then and don't now. As for the diverter, I've stated it many times but will again. It's a cool feature and it will likely make it easier but the button being on the lockdown bar makes me not care.

#2570 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Maybe one day I’ll be able to get a second.

...said everyone here once upon a time.

#2571 3 years ago

Plus I am looking to buy in the fall and they'll probably be gone by then, so it'll be a moot point anyway.

They're never gone unless you insist on opening a cardboard box. Almost all of them will be HUO. Let impatient gotta-have-it guys take the hit, save a few bucks in the fall.

#2572 3 years ago

Plus I am looking to buy in the fall and they'll probably be gone by then, so it'll be a moot point anyway.

No chance, there will still be NIB LEs kicking about, you might pay a premium for one but they will still be out there.

By the fall there will be dozens of LEs for sale with less than 100-200 plays, as good as new and money saved.

#2573 3 years ago

someone will surely figure out a hack/ mod to make the disk go both ways???

#2574 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Like this?

5E6B31E0-DCC2-48EC-9C97-88A2861E8079.jpeg5E6B31E0-DCC2-48EC-9C97-88A2861E8079.jpeg

#2575 3 years ago

I convinced the wife to wear this when we get our Pro.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#2576 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Probably can randomize it, but you'd probably need premium/LE code to get the same effect.
Personally I don't believe the impact of it will be that big, but of course if i wanted to sell you a premium/LE I'd tell you it makes a huge difference...

Well jokes on them they I don't think the divider nor the disc wil have that big of an impact so I'm buying a premium solely for the balls coming out of the van... Ha ha suck it Ste...wait a minute...

#2577 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

[quoted image]

Tasteless...

Should get the red Raph one...

#2578 3 years ago

Getting pumped for this game, so I watched the streams again today. Either I've been stuck at home too long, or my OCD is in full gear... maybe both. Does anyone else wonder why Shredder doesn't have fingernails?

Shredder - Where (resized).pngShredder - Where (resized).png
Shredder - Are (resized).pngShredder - Are (resized).png
Shredder - My (resized).pngShredder - My (resized).png
Shredder - FINGERNAILS (resized).pngShredder - FINGERNAILS (resized).png

#2579 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Why not April?

#2580 3 years ago

[quoted image]

That model does not look amused. When I see my wife make that face I know I'm sleeping in the basement that night...

#2581 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Does anyone else wonder why Shredder doesn't have fingernails?

Those get unlocked with the topper.

#2582 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Those get unlocked with the topper.

OMG. Were going to read this statement over and over and over for many years to come.

#2583 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

OMG. Were going to read this statement over and over and over for many years to come.

What does it say? I can't read quotes without paying for this season's pass of Pinside DLC.

#2584 3 years ago

[quoted image]

That would be "V", not "L".

Venus is the only female Turtle.

14937393_147615019040048_2050938093287150447_n (resized).jpg14937393_147615019040048_2050938093287150447_n (resized).jpg361bae9caadc5e46767e9eeb8454e50b (resized).jpg361bae9caadc5e46767e9eeb8454e50b (resized).jpgScreenshot_2020-06-11 venus tmnt – Google-Suche (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-06-11 venus tmnt – Google-Suche (resized).png
#2585 3 years ago

Hey guys what would people recommend for shooter lane protection?

#2586 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

At the very least mylar. Cliffy if you can swing it.

#2587 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Mezel mods plastic shooter lane protector.

#2588 3 years ago

Don't know if this was posted yet, but...
Kinda appears to be a VPX version of tmnt but with basically no code. Anyone have information on this? Maybe virtual tmnt being released soon???

#2589 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

The disk going both ways will just provide more action like GotG Premium's three magnets to the Pros one. Is it worth $2000, I didn't think so then and don't now. As for the diverter, I've stated it many times but will again. It's a cool feature and it will likely make it easier but the button being on the lockdown bar makes me not care.

For the diverter could you splice the action button wire to also use the tournament start button? That would be a handy spot to change the diverter. Just don’t hit start by mistake!!

#2590 3 years ago

Just someone playing around with the layout in VPX testing the shots. Nothing more than that. Won't get much further than that.

Quoted from snowy_owl:

Don't know if this was posted yet, but...
Kinda appears to be a VPX version of tmnt but with basically no code. Anyone have information on this? Maybe virtual tmnt being released soon???

#2591 3 years ago

I’m still hyped!!!

#2592 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Just someone playing around with the layout in VPX testing the shots. Nothing more than that. Won't get much further than that.

Too bad, was hoping for maybe a cheaper virtual version...

#2593 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

For the diverter could you splice the action button wire to also use the tournament start button? That would be a handy spot to change the diverter. Just don’t hit start by mistake!!

Foot Pedal
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 12.45.20 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-06-11 at 12.45.20 PM (resized).png

#2594 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Too bad, was hoping for maybe a cheaper virtual version...

well anyone can code the spike system into pinmame and make there own build. Just don't do in the main build at this time.

#2595 3 years ago

Does anyone have any ideas on how a playfield protector would work with the pizza spinning disc? I was planning on buying a protector but then i remembered about the disc.

#2596 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Does anyone have any ideas on how a playfield protector would work with the pizza spinning disc? I was planning on buying a protector but then i remembered about the disc.

There is prob a cut out for it but save yourself the hassle as the protector will make it play differently. I wouldn't buy one.

#2597 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

The height of the disc should be adjustable. This will make up for the thickness of the protector.

#2598 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The height of the disc should be adjustable. This will make up for the thickness of the protector.

Wouldn’t you see a gap between the pizza and the play field though? My ocd couldn’t take that. I’d rather take a few dents on the playfield.

#2599 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Agreed. I have one on my data east tmnt and there is a cutout for the spinning pizza. I didn't adjust the disc height but it's possible for the ball to get hung up within the relatively low disc area.

#2600 3 years ago

No. Just no...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 16.00
6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/52?hl=rydhia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.