20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 64.
#2451 3 years ago

would be interesting to know if they are using special nodeboards on Toppers? Or could just emulate a topper with a Nodeboard and some lights attached?
Munster topper has switches and more electronics (the clock) would be harder to emulate. But for this the nodeboard would need to be a standard one.

#2452 3 years ago

I feel so sorry for the teams that work so hard to make these awesome pins just to watch it get shot down by shocking business decisions.

#2453 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

I feel so sorry for the teams that work so hard to make these awesome pins just to watch it get shot down by shocking business decisions.

100% correct, I feel bad for everyone at Stern because they are all very nice and hard working people but this goes way beyond profit and is moving into price gouging. I'm perfectly fine with Stern making a $25k Beatles with a number on it to sell to people that would like to donate to Stern's war chest but when it trickles down to every model and accessory we have a problem.

This is making me want to cancel my TMNT order because I don't want to support Stern as a company.

#2454 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Totally, TMNT looked fantastic and the positive response to it was overwhelming but then Stern do what they do best and shoot themselves in the foot with this JP topper/dlc crap.

Just soured the whole thing as people are now wondering what surprise hardware extra or dlc code/mode add ons are going to be coming down the line for TMNT.

#2455 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

now im sure TMNT Prem/LE will get a "special feature"

There are no special modes in the game or planned simply because you own a PREM/LE. The only software differences are about the different hardware changes between the PRO and the PREM/LE.

Here are the Software differences between the PRO and PREM/LE:
1 -
The PREM/LE has a Glider feature that goes with the glider divertor.

2 -
The PREM/LE can lock a ball in the LAIR area.
There are multiballs that take advantage of this. For example, during Ninja Pizza Multiball if you have mushrooms on your pizza you will be able to lock a ball in the LAIR. You can not get mushroom on your pizza on a PRO.

3 -
The PRO has a TOP LANE Skill Shot that is not on the PREM/LE. The ball doest go from the shooter lane to the top lanes on the PREM/LE.

4 -
The PREM/LE has 8 balls and the PRO has 6.

A - Not really a rule difference but the balls will come from the Van on the PREM/LE as needed.
B - You can have 7 and 8 ball multiballs on the PREM/LE. For example, on the PREM/LE, you can have 5 gummy bears on your pizza and therefore start a 8 ball Ninja Pizza multiball. On the PRO the most gummy bears you can have are 3 for a 6 ball multiball.

I think thats it.

#2456 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

This is making me want to cancel my TMNT order because I don't want to support Stern as a company.

By supporting Stern you are supporting the great people there. We may not agree with all the decisions, or like all the themes, but the company has targets to hit and, unfortunately, when numbers aren't met great people are let go.

#2457 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

By supporting Stern you are supporting the great people there. We may not agree with all the decisions, or like all the themes, but the company has targets to hit and, unfortunately, when numbers aren't met great people are let go.

Well to be fair he didn't say he actually canceled it

#2458 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

There are no special modes in the game or planned simply because you own a PREM/LE. The only software differences are about the different hardware changes between the PRO and the PREM/LE.
1 -
2 -
There are multiballs that take advantage of this. For example, during Ninja Pizza Multiball if you have mushrooms on your pizza you will be able to lock a ball in the LAIR. You can not get mushroom on your pizza on a PRO.
3 -
The PRO has a TOP LANE Skill Shot that is not on the PREM/LE. The ball doest go from the shooter lane to the top lanes on the PREM/LE.
4 -
A - Not really a rule difference but the balls will come from the Van on the PREM/LE as needed.
B - You can have 7 and 8 ball multiballs on the PREM/LE. For example, on the PREM/LE, you can have 5 gummy bears on your pizza and therefore start a 8 ball Ninja Pizza multiball. On the PRO the most gummy bears you can have are 3 for a 6 ball multiball.
I think thats it.

Oh hello Dwight,

you did not read my previous post, what i meant was Jack Danger mentioned after the first TMNT LE stream, that there will be "something" coming for the Prem/LE buyers, and we should... get one of those.
I am not excited by this "secret", i am afraid what rip off is coming, like seen on ST (UV) and JP (topper).
I have nothing against PRO/PREM/LE differences, because i know what i get BEFORE i'm buying.
But if you say so, i guess i have to trust you.

#2459 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

easy to make a setting for those people.
Just like in TNA, how players can cheat in settings to jump to final reactor.

As far as I know you can’t cheat to get to the final reactor. You can just set how early the game ends.

#2460 3 years ago

After a couple recent Premium and LE purchases, I’m going Pro on TMNT. Should be here next week. Woohoo!!

Real Playas, Play Pros! (tm)

#2461 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

You can not get mushroom on your pizza on a PRO.

One more reason to buy a pro!

#2462 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

...or criticized by keyboard commandos.

#2463 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yes a Stern LE should come with a topper. But given JP3 LE does not, you have a choice to buy it or pass. Where is the anger coming from? It looks ok for $150, but at $600+ I sober up and say no. I will spend the topper funds on a third party topper. Making lemonade out of lemons.

It's not even anger over the price. All Stern toppers are way over priced. The issue is I dont like topper. I dont want one. At all. On any of my games. Closest I have is the beacon on High Speed. I plan on getting a JP but dont try to force me to add crap I dont like to get more game (which is all I want)
For someone like me who does not like the look of toppers (mostly, afmre is great cough cough) it is nothing but a $600 DLC. That's more than another 10% on top of the game itself. I dont know how different thing are from Canada to US but I can get a used JP for under $7,500 cdn (bit over 8k nib) and that topper would be another $800 cdn. Screw that noise lol

#2464 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

[quoted image]

I just held off from sending a check to my distributor for a pro. Looks like that new QC guy has things under control.
Man I would hope they fixed all issues. This will be interesting another lottery.

#2465 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

...or criticized by keyboard commandos.

Thank you for typing out your criticism of consumer concern about quality and predatory tactics and defending multi-million dollar companies with your keyboard.

#2466 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Thanks for taking the time to share the details.

#2467 3 years ago

when/which was the last pin having a REAL code difference in LE version vs PRO ?

i remember TRON, the LE have the DAFT PUNK multiball not available on the PRO

#2468 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Oh hello Dwight,
you did not read my previous post, what i meant was Jack Danger mentioned after the first TMNT LE stream, that there will be "something" coming for the Prem/LE buyers, and we should... get one of those.

I was trying to answer that question too and you are correct I failed.

There are no PREM/LE surprises coming. I listed all the planed differences between the models.

#2469 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

when/which was the last pin having a REAL code difference in LE version vs PRO ?

Stranger things, aerosmith. Stranger things you can get 3x with Prem/LE. Aerosmith you could get a double of double scoring (4x scoring) if you had the upper PF on the Prem/LE the Pro could only do a regular double.

#2470 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Depends on how strategically you play. TWD walker bombs are a game-changer. GOT upper playfield lets you blow through modes safely.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

Iron Maiden premium/LE has an additional multiball.

#2471 3 years ago

Will the NECA krang fit?
Maybe?
I'm making a custom topper though

15912983704402029942575598509490 (resized).jpg15912983704402029942575598509490 (resized).jpg15912984629154409744044054695383 (resized).jpg15912984629154409744044054695383 (resized).jpg
#2472 3 years ago

#2473 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I was trying to answer that question too and you are correct I failed.
There are no PREM/LE surprises coming. I listed all the planed differences between the models.

Thanks, good to hear!

#2474 3 years ago

That's almost certainly a prototype game that doesn't have a screened playfield. That's how they build the games for photoshoots/streams as part of their announce activities.

#2475 3 years ago

prodoshi this pic u posted...is that a sunken insert?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2476 3 years ago

just for information, here i found it again... the "Secret":
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/640477971?t=00h15m53s

Multiballmaniac1
thats just an image i found here:
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

it looks like my JP inserts, they are a littlebit higher than the PF, and clear coat is so thin you feel it with your fingers.

#2477 3 years ago

BIG thank you Xaqery (Dwight) for responding and clearing that up, you didn’t have to so thanks again.

#2478 3 years ago

It is always nice to see someone from the development crew taking interest in customer feedback. I have my Premium ordered. Game looks great.

#2479 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

That's almost certainly a prototype game that doesn't have a screened playfield. That's how they build the games for photoshoots/streams as part of their announce activities.

We have a few Sterns that look like that. The production process for the prototype is the same as the rest of them.

#2481 3 years ago

They could repurpose unsold BKSoR toppers and turn them into talking Shredder heads.... just saying.

#2482 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe Stern could sell an RFID dongle for your keychain. You place it on the glass and an IR code pops on pinball screen. Scan this with the Stern App and boom, you're in the system from now on, just put the fob on the glass.
Or they could be really clever and sell a Stern watch with the RFID fob in the bracket and it'd log you in just by getting your hand near the flipper button.

Rumor has it they are making an NFC iOS/Android app that's $200.

$100 a year subscription if you want to keep track of your achievements.

You'll get free access to the Stern Insider podcast with your subscription, and they'll send you an ill fitting $5 t-shirt with a signed certificate of authenticity by Gary Stern's assistant. Live the lifestyle.

#2483 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

They could repurpose unsold BKSoR toppers and turn them into talking Shredder heads.... just saying.

Shredder would look wimpy with a feather on his head.

#2484 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
I think thats it.

Thanks for caring about setting things straight in our minds, Dwight, instead of being left with a forum thread full of incorrect speculation. It is important to know what we are buying at these high prices up front. I really look forward to another great game coded by you.

TMNT looks awesome, so thanks for the passion and diligence in making the code worthy of our hard earned money, with plenty of depth and TV show content modes to enjoy in our homes for years to come. Really appreciate this is not a simple game. Simple games at these high prices don’t warrant our money.

You should be proud being the first to code all the multi player modes. The multi player ability alone, is a major feature, imo. Programming 4 character selection in SW, really prepared you to be the best choice to program another 4 character selectable game. My family really looks forward to playing them together. Again, great job!

#2485 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks for caring about setting things straight in our minds, Dwight, instead of being left with a forum thread full of incorrect speculation. It is important to know what we are buying at these high prices up front. I really look forward to another great game coded by you.
TMNT looks awesome, so thanks for the passion and diligence in making the code worthy of our hard earned money, with plenty of depth and TV show content modes to enjoy in our homes for years to come. Really appreciate this is not a simple game. Simple games at these high prices don’t warrant our money.
You should be proud being the first to code all the multi player modes. The multi player ability alone, is a major feature, imo. Programming 4 character selection in SW, really prepared you to be the best choice to program another 4 character selectable game. My family really looks forward to playing them together. Again, great job!

You got close - thought you were going to mention Munsters simple code!

Listening to Dwight’s Xaqery comments he understands what people want in home games - listen to this podcast.

Maybe there is hope for Munsters after all.

#2486 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Unfortunately, they always sell out of toppers and don't seem to care about replenishing stock.

#2487 3 years ago

There is only one thing worse than Stern releasing a mediocre topper using cheap led’s, with special rules and a price tag that is a pure money grab. At twice what it should have sold for, the TMNT2 topper gives buyers a great big FU. I am warning you this won’t be pretty so time to send your kids out of the room. Ok now we are alone and I can talk freely. The only thing worse is for Stern to make too few of these toppers, causing fomo. Telling your customers that your unnecessary topper cannot be purchased at any amount, because they are sold out. WTF now everybody wants ONE!

9 out of 10 pinball modders recommend the BKSoR topper for those with the game. Choosing it among the field of toppers is a slam dunk. Even though the game has been out for 18 months, most of the BKSoR toppers were just made and sold. It just happeneded, like just now. But let’s say you were interested and missed out so you want to buy one. Can’t because there are none available. Want a GB topper? Can’t have it either. Toppers are the only true LE item that Stern manufactures.

Now what kind of topper will TMNT2 have?

#2488 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Quite normal for Stern production games unfortunately - part of the great Stern QC lottery.

#2489 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Depends on how strategically you play. TWD walker bombs are a game-changer. GOT upper playfield lets you blow through modes safely.

Iron Maiden premium/LE has an additional multiball.

GOT has an additional Mb too.

Deadpool has an additional mode for the spinner shot.

#2490 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

GOT has an additional Mb too.
Deadpool has an additional mode for the spinner shot.

DP Premium has a left orbit with flipper return and the pro just has a left shot. It's a pretty big difference but the Pro is still a lot of fun. I liked GOT Pro more than the Prem/LE but haven't played either on the new rules.

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Rumor has it they are making an NFC iOS/Android app that's $200.
$100 a year subscription if you want to keep track of your achievements.
You'll get free access to the Stern Insider podcast with your subscription, and they'll send you an ill fitting $5 t-shirt with a signed certificate of authenticity by Gary Stern's assistant. Live the lifestyle.

the app store cut will take about 30% of that

#2492 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Thank you for typing out your criticism of consumer concern about quality and predatory tactics and defending multi-million dollar companies with your keyboard.

Predatory tactics? Defending multi-million dollar companies? Haha. Ok dude.

Get over yourself and your first world problems.

#2493 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Predatory tactics? Defending multi-million dollar companies? Haha. Ok dude.
Get over yourself and your first world problems.

I agree with you about how ridiculous it is to complain about people on the internet.

#2494 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

DP Premium has a left orbit with flipper return and the pro just has a left shot. It's a pretty big difference but the Pro is still a lot of fun. I liked GOT Pro more than the Prem/LE but haven't played either on the new rules.

I was just speaking to the points being made about games that have different modes or MBs in the prem/LE models.

#2495 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was just speaking to the points being made about games that have different modes or MBs in the prem/LE models.

Yeah, I think the more time goes by you realize all the different versions are fun and some even almost feel like different games.

TMNT might fall into that category with the diverter changing the flow. Looking forward to comparing them whenever I get the chance.

#2496 3 years ago

I can't wait to see that video of them putting one in the box.

#2497 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I can't wait to see that video of them putting one in the box.

I can’t wait to open my box!

#2498 3 years ago

Putting in an order for a Premium from my local distributor today! Really looking forward to getting this pin into the line up, which will be TMNT, Star Wars, and Jurassic Park. Fun times ahead!

#2499 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I can’t wait to open my box!

That's exactly what my wife says.

#2500 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yeah, I think the more time goes by you realize all the different versions are fun and some even almost feel like different games.
TMNT might fall into that category with the diverter changing the flow. Looking forward to comparing them whenever I get the chance.

How it really works, scientifically speaking, is that whatever version you own...that is the best version!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.