20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 64.
#2151 3 years ago

So premium vs pro. Left ramp always feeds to left flipper. Right ramp does not return to bottom flippers. So how important is it to feed the left ramp to either flipper. Could mean better flow to have repeatable right flipper to left ramp? Does open up more strategy. Pro does look good though besides the diverter.

#2152 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think the ball gets stopped by a post before releasing to the upper flipper and then the other balls launch from the trough. so the truck is "useless," no?

I think he's referring to the ball lock when you shoot the pizza lane under the van. It happens right in the beginning of the pro stream. Jack hits that shot on ball one and the game locks it then another ball gets put into the shooter and Jack needs to plunge to continue.

What you're describing also happens on the pro but it's the setup for turtle power MB where the last shot gets held by a post them it's released and the remaining balls get shot into play automatically. I noticed even on that, the mech on the pro that's located where the diverter is in the premium - it actually will lock both of the balls shot into play once the player hits them up the ramps. They are then released automatically resulting in the feel off everything coming at you at once. It's shown pretty early on the stream as well.

That was a great stream by Jack. Both pro and premium

#2153 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So premium vs pro. Left ramp always feeds to left flipper. Right ramp does not return to bottom flippers. So how important is it to feed the left ramp to either flipper. Could mean better flow to have repeatable right flipper to left ramp? Does open up more strategy. Pro does look good though besides the diverter.

Not following. Right ramp returns to right flipper

#2154 3 years ago

Guys,

I have a bonehead question: Do any of the dealers for tmnt preorder accept PayPal? I asked one dealer in Arizona and I was kind of humiliated. I've never transferred the funds to my bank, so I'm not aware of the fees involved. Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but some dealers show it as Out-Of-Stock which tells me I need to call for Preorder.

Thanks!

#2155 3 years ago

Any pay pal balance should transfer to your bank with zero fees. Any fees you would’ve paid were done before the money hit your pay pal account.

#2156 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Any pay pal balance should transfer to your bank with zero fees. Any fees you would’ve paid were done before the money hit your pay pal account.

Thanks, chuckwurt!

#2157 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Guys,
I have a bonehead question: Do any of the dealers for tmnt preorder accept PayPal? I asked one dealer in Arizona and I was kind of humiliated. I've never transferred the funds to my bank, so I'm not aware of the fees involved. Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but some dealers show it as Out-Of-Stock which tells me I need to call for Preorder.
Thanks!

Trent Augenstine accepts paypal deposit.
Tilt Amusements is his business and he's one of the top Stern distributors.

#2158 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Trent Augenstine accepts paypal deposit.
Tilt Amusements is his business and he's one of the top Stern distributors.

Thanks, daveyvandy!

#2159 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I thought right ramp returns to upper left.

Doesn’t the third ramp from upper left return to right flipper?

#2160 3 years ago

What’s the magic with the pizza spinner magnetization? Isn’t there risk of permanently polarizing the pinballs?

#2161 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

What’s the magic with the pizza spinner magnetization? Isn’t there risk of permanently polarizing the pinballs?

Not if you used standard carbon balls. Stay away from super shiny balls on this game for sure.

#2162 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I believe the right ramp returns to the upper left flipper (think left ramp on Rick and Morty). The only way to get to the right flipper return is through the inner loop ramp (a tougher shot from an upper flipper). With the premium, you can use the diverter to use the left ramp to return to either flipper. This is a good observation and another key benefit of the diverter from the premium/LE.

#2163 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I believe the right ramp returns to the upper left flipper (think left ramp on Rick and Morty). The only way to get to the right flipper return is through the inner loop ramp (a tougher shot from an upper flipper). With the premium, you can use the diverter to use the left ramp to return to either flipper. This is a good observation and another key benefit of the diverter from the premium/LE.

Yep went back to the video and noticed the same. I liked that the game sets up the top left shot like that. Feels great when you hit it then and go back right. I also like how you can use the diverter to force right on the premium if you want to avoid the skill way. Win win.

Wish Stern would have used the shadow approach and put buttons near flipper for diverter Going to that middle button it's still annoying especially with how fast this game is. Going to be a game of twister haha

#2164 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Correct.. I watched the pro stream last night. It plays nice but the premium will have a lot more options for strategy bc u can change what flipper the ball will go to which is a nice touch. Also seems like the prices between the pro and premium has closed somewhat from calling around.. pros are almost 6k it seems and premiums are lower 7s so bc of all the differences and price
I'll most likely go premium on this one
. But all models look nice and everyone will b happy as long as the quality is good.

#2165 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yep went back to the video and noticed the same. I liked that the game sets up the top left shot like that. Feels great when you hit it then and go back right. I also like how you can use the diverter to force right on the premium if you want to avoid the skill way. Win win.

Agree, definitely like the layout. What I’m about to say is a bit of a stretch... but the possible shot paths are somewhat similar to a mirrored Rick and Morty. I don’t mean the layout or location of each shot per say, but how and where the ball goes to set up additional shots. One of the great things about Rick and Morty is the various chaining shots, the same chains seem possible in TMNT too (plus a few extra with the diverter). A flow monster!

#2166 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wish Stern would have used the shadow approach and put buttons near flipper for diverter Going to that middle button it's still annoying especially with how fast this game is. Going to be a game of twister haha

Agreed. I think of how many times I've missed MagnaSave on BKSoR because of the speed of the game vs. the time it takes to get a hand to the action button.

#2167 3 years ago

I've never seen any Ninja Turtle cartoon or movie in my life, but I am excited for this one! Any recommendations on where I should start? The 2014 re-make movie or no? Cheers, pinball turtles fan's!

#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from DiscoBubbles1999:

I've never seen any Ninja Turtle cartoon or movie in my life, but I am excited for this one! Any recommendations on where I should start? The 2014 re-make movie or no? Cheers, pinball turtles fan's!

Go right to the beginning of the cartoon series. 1980s

#2169 3 years ago

I feel like if there was ONE pin that would be most suited for a late 80's/early 90's arcade. It would be this one. It would fit right in a Chuck E. Cheese or ShowBiz Pizza Place.

Cue some creepy Rock-afire Explosion animatronics!

Rock (resized).jpgRock (resized).jpg
#2170 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Agreed. I think of how many times I've missed MagnaSave on BKSoR because of the speed of the game vs. the time it takes to get a hand to the action button.

This is what pushed me to the Pro instead of the Premium. I don't think the diverter on the lockdown bar is worth $2k and the rest of the features are mostly aesthetic. I think the Premium looks great but not at a 30% cost increase now that they actually give you the spinners and RGB LEDs on the Pro.

#2171 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

This is what pushed me to the Pro instead of the Premium. I don't think the diverter on the lockdown bar is worth $2k and the rest of the features are mostly aesthetic. I think the Premium looks great but not at a 30% cost increase now that they actually give you the spinners and RGB LEDs on the Pro.

I agree. I've never once bought NIB, and I've made purchases greater than NIB prices, but this Pro has me really reconsidering. Modders are going to have a field day with this too!

1) There will absolutely be a Pro glider made, and the Pro still does have an up-down post there for at least some glider movement.
2) This, on a spring, then with a small rod extending either into the pops, or into the Krang orbit just to get nicked by the ball will have just as much movement as the Prem - ebay.com link: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classic Collection Krang Figure
3) I have a million other figures from my childhood that can probably be integrated. I've been looking at a chomping Mouser mod with an original Mouser I have.
4) Similar to the Raptor Pen mod for JP Pro, I bet there's some sort of 3D Lair made for both Pro & Prem/LE. Some may just put a Splinter there.
5) Who knows if the Pro Turtle Van can be modded for the ball eject, even if it's just 1 ball.

This is a pretty loaded Pro, and with not a lot more, those few "blank spaces" can be filled in real easily to make it look like a Prem.

#2172 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I disagree, IMO this is definitely a Premium/LE purchase vs the Pro.

#2173 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I disagree, IMO this is definitely a Premium/LE purchase vs the Pro.

I bought a DP Premium and some people think the Pro is good enough. That's how it goes, people have different opinions. I think they will both be fun but I don't see $2000 worth of value there for me.

#2174 3 years ago

I don't care if it's a glider, but somebody has to do something about that ugly ass metal stopper. I'm thinking a big psi or whatever the hell raph uses facing upwards where the side things stop the ball. Mod companies: I get 50%.

#2175 3 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Umm it does transform into a great pin when Llyman codes.
I'm sure he does a lot in his own time also.

That's part of the intelligent buying process. Lyman does deliver but it can take years. Again, why buy early? I see no reason to buy a game if it's not fun regardless of who is coding. You never know what will happen. Maybe Lyman leaves Stern.

#2176 3 years ago

Depends on what you're in to but the original 1987 cartoon is what this machine focuses on (the first 3 season in particular). The 1991 live action movie is great and the sequel from 1992 is decent as well. I think the 2003 cartoon is pretty good too.

#2177 3 years ago

If you have no nostalgia, the original movie is the only one that holds its ground still

#2178 3 years ago

I just rewatched the pro reveal! GOD it looks AMAZING!!

Code seems pretty already deep for a v0.92!!

It’s a Must buy for me!! TMNT is my childhood dream, i’m type of guy that love callouts, Music, lightshow and good speed.

2BBFC574-A611-45B2-9B18-0173E6D93D19 (resized).jpeg2BBFC574-A611-45B2-9B18-0173E6D93D19 (resized).jpeg

#2179 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

I just rewatched the pro reveal! GOD it looks AMAZING!!
Code seems pretty already deep for a v0.92!!
It’s a Must buy for me!! TMNT is my childhood dream, i’m type of guy that love callouts, Music,lightshow and goos speed.
[quoted image]

That boot/reboot must have been later in the stream, I didn't see it. Thanks for posting the version they were using!

#2180 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

At this point you’ve help convince me Pro is all I need. Plenty of time to think it over.

#2181 3 years ago

The game is based on the original 87 cartoon...not sure if it’s streaming anywhere, but that’s the basis.

Remake movies are awful, but the 2nd one does have Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady & Baxter.

The original 1990 movie is great. Still holds up, Jim Henson’s turtle costumes look amazing, the acting is good & it has a lot of heart. I still think it’s one of the best comic book/hero movies ever made.

2nd movie is more kiddie/cheesy, but decent & fun enough. Hs the “legendary” Vanilla Ice Ninja Rap.

3rd movie is a horrible garbage fire. Avoid.

#2182 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The game is based on the original 87 cartoon...not sure if it’s streaming anywhere, but that’s the basis.
Remake movies are awful, but the 2nd one does have Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady & Baxter.
The original 1990 movie is great. Still holds up, Jim Henson’s turtle costumes look amazing, the acting is good & it has a lot of heart. I still think it’s one of the best comic book/hero movies ever made.
2nd movie is more kiddie/cheesy, but decent & fun enough. Hs the “legendary” Vanilla Ice Ninja Rap.

nothing but the truth here. Well said.

#2183 3 years ago

echoing the thoughts of a few here after the streams. This game just looks awesome. Even ignoring the theme the pin just looks awesome to shoot and super fun. Im ordering this instead of JP(the fact they are hard to find now kinda helped this along). Also going to be my first LE. The kids may actually play this one with me. They dont love deadpool or star wars. CANT WAIT!

#2184 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

echoing the thoughts of a few here after the streams. This game just looks awesome. Even ignoring the theme the pin just looks awesome to shoot and super fun. Im ordering this instead of JP(the fact they are hard to find now kinda helped this along). Also going to be my first LE. The kids may actually play this one with me. They dont love deadpool or star wars. CANT WAIT!

That’ll be a nice complimenting lineup! Fast brutal 2-flipper game (Star Wars). Fun creative 2-flipper game (Deadpool). And a chaotic, crazy 3-flipper game (TMNT). Good on you sir, enjoy

#2185 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That boot/reboot must have been later in the stream, I didn't see it. Thanks for posting the version they were using!

It was at the beginning when Jack reset the GC. He went super fast but huge thx to the pause button haha

#2186 3 years ago

I am not a teenager butthead fan of the turtles and lived when show was on but like the Pin and new things in it or ramps in this game, eager to play.

#2187 3 years ago

After watching jack play the pro like his normal streams, I sincerely may have to get this game.

#2188 3 years ago

Very weird....

Left the thread for the past 2 days. Nearly 300 posts later and........overall positivity and an upbeat outlook on the game?!?!?

This hasn't happened this much since JP2 last summer. That's pretty awesome!

If I were buying a Stern now, I'd definitely have this in the top 3, after both Elwin designs! Then maybe Deadpool, then maybe Ghostbusters.

#2189 3 years ago

This release just made me think of the last one, what ever happened to heavy metal? did it get scrapped.

#2190 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That’ll be a nice complimenting lineup! Fast brutal 2-flipper game (Star Wars). Fun creative 2-flipper game (Deadpool). And a chaotic, crazy 3-flipper game (TMNT). Good on you sir, enjoy

Thanks! Ive been really going back and forth on my next game. First i wanted houdini, then JP Premium, then wonka. After the stream I got super excited called my guy and gave the LE deposit. It looks like a very fun very different layout. Now to convince my wife we need a 4th....and 5th

#2191 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

If I were buying a Stern now, I'd definitely have this in the top 3, after both Elwin designs! Then maybe Deadpool, then maybe Ghostbusters.

...said the guy that never played EHoH

#2192 3 years ago

Overall, I would say this is one of the most positive reactions I can remember. Yes there are diff opinions on prem vs pro but that's expected. Besides someone saying they don't like the theme, I haven't heard any negative feedback on the game itself.

#2193 3 years ago

Max 3x multiplier. Strong work Dwight!!!

#2194 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Overall, I would say this is one of the most positive reactions I can remember. Yes there are diff opinions on prem vs pro but that's expected. Besides someone saying they don't like the theme, I haven't heard any negative feedback on the game itself.

Yes it really does look like a great game!

#2195 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It looks like a very nice game. Congratulations to the Stern team. Looking forward to having a flip.

#2196 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Personally I like the 2012 series best, since it‘s less kiddie friendly and way more story driven.
Only bummer is the lackluster setpiece rendergraphics.

#2197 3 years ago

Real Playas Play Pros (tm)

#2198 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, I honestly think the 1990 TMNT movie is just a genuinely good movie. Like it really holds up, and Judith Hoag is charming as April, and also a major babe. So that doesn't hurt. And somehow the movie manages to have some serious and moving moments, in spite of the inherent silliness of the premise.

#2199 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Dingleberry gave me a thumbs up, too. Definitely a weird positivity vibe happening...

#2200 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dingleberry gave me a thumbs up, too. Definitely a weird positivity vibe happening...

The last time I recall this type of reaction was Stern's best game ever......JP2.

Crazy that the release of JP was recent. To say pinball isn't getting some real knock outs would be crazy. I'm loving it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/44?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.