20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 64.
#2051 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Don’t have to make excuses for Lyman
And whomever is on the Elwin JP team
You go ahead and take the leap SKB
There is a reason Dwight gets a bad rap, deserved or not
It is what it is
And he can redeem himself, or not
But I’m a serial LE buyer and not buying yet because of Dwight and Munsters

I'll rephrase what i said.

I'll blame Stern for waiting on GB for 3 years AND the crap code that Munsters is.

Dwight just happens to be the common denominator and caught in the crossfire?

For $9k i'll see if Stern, and I'll blame him, if he'll let Dwight code this game the way a HUO game should be done.

If not, Gary can just try and sell his "box of lights" to whomever.

#2052 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll rephrase what i said.
I'll blame Stern for waiting on GB for 3 years AND the crap code that Munsters is.
Dwight just happens to be the common denominator and caught in the crossfire?
For $9k i'll see if Stern, and I'll blame him, if he'll let Dwight code this game the way a HUO game should be done.
If not, Gary can just try and sell his "box of lights" to whomever.

TMNT already looks well above Munsters, code-wise. Battling through all the enemies to get to final showdowns, meanwhile lots of other crazy sh*t is happening....it gives off a DP feel. Which is optimal.

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It is what it is

@iceman44.. my wife and I are serial LE offenders. I have be complaing about playfield issues. Whaaa.. whaaa.. We just got on board! You know you want one.... How long before you give in?

#2054 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

iceman44.. my wife and I are serial LE offenders. I have be complaing about playfield issues. Whaaa.. whaaa.. We just got on board! You know you want one.... How long before you give in?

LOL. I'm usually with you PBA.

Not this time for me. May not be Dwight's fault but not gonna do it because of Munsters AND i have plenty of other great Stern games to play like you do!

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I kind of felt that it was cheapening things on Munsters. To collect Lily, 4 quick hits to the target, usually random ones at that, and voila, she's collected.

I would agree. It did feel cheap on Munsters. But for some reason here, the giant standup target doesn't bother. Not sure exactly why. Must be some combination of coding, sound, lights, and layout, I guess.

#2056 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Define "worst"?

Worst = a theme that person isn’t interested in

Lol

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It is what it is

Same thing here, and when I bought it was not common knowledge that stern was done with Munsters. A small sound bite in one video does not make it common knowledge. Munsters got three months of code updates that were worthwhile. Not cool.

#2058 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is on the screen only. Playfield inserts are just white.

Too bad, it would have been a good feature to have these RGB also.

Rob

#2059 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL. I'm usually with you PBA.
Not this time for me. May not be Dwight's fault but not gonna do it because of Munsters AND i have plenty of other great Stern games to play like you do!

Ha ha! Love it . Life is good, plenty of great games to play.

I love Munsters, SW and GB... and Yeti!

Keep smiling!

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I would agree. It did feel cheap on Munsters. But for some reason here, the giant standup target doesn't bother. Not sure exactly why. Must be some combination of coding, sound, lights, and layout, I guess.

Probably because you like TMNT theme?

#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Probably because you like TMNT theme?

Well, I love the Munsters theme too. So that's probably not it!

#2062 3 years ago

I'm definitely intrigued by this one, but new to the hobby and we just threw down on a MB remake so it's gonna be a bit before we can buy again...I know there is potential to go used, but how long do you all anticipate NIB Pros being run for?

#2063 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

And I’m in on an LE

Turtle power!

#2064 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It is what it is

The whole point of him on munsters was to make a simple game... he did that. It’s fun game

#2065 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I'm definitely intrigued by this one, but new to the hobby and we just threw down on a MB remake so it's gonna be a bit before we can buy again...I know there is potential to go used, but how long do you all anticipate NIB Pros being run for?

Most pins have a 3 year license...as long as there’s demand, there will be an opportunity to buy it over 3 years. Sometimes Stern & distribs announce a “last call” as well. You’ll be able to find one for a while, new or used.

#2066 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Oh, and his work on tmnt coop will set standards moving forward - just wait till you get a chance to play on a team game!

Exactly, look at the love placed in TMNT code before release compared to Munsters.
Munsters code looks like it was made for a Zizzle machine.

Quoted from zombieyeti:

Take Ghostbusters : that momentum got derailed by the designers personal actions imo.
If you look at the timeline, you’ll see why the idea of boosting up that game after ‘he who will not be named’ shocked us all, was not going to happen. The game was tarnished for me and others and took a long time to wash that taste away...

Don't think that I would go that far, 3 years was way way too long.. We are the ones paying for the game and keeping them in business!
Really should have nothing to do with who designed the machine as to why we had to wait so long.

Remember that they also said Code update was coming after Starwars was released, and kept snowballing another year.

P.s TMNT looks like it could be a winner, But I'm not taking that chance again.

#2067 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Ha ha! Love it . Life is good, plenty of great games to play.
I love Munsters, SW and GB... and Yeti!
Keep smiling!

Munsters Premium and LE have an amazing mini-playfield which is simply a huge plus for me, combined w theme ( FGY got me hooked on it). The mono targets were easy "flaws" to be pointed out, though other popular titles have them. I enjoy my LE...done.

This is aTMNT hype thread, and I'm enjoying the banter. Hope it gives people that want one the great experience they are hoping for....done.

#2068 3 years ago

Not a TNMT fan at all.

That said this game looks like it shoots better than a ton of other recent games.

It just looks fun to play.

Code is always a worry.

Pro v Premium/LE?

Well, I am not a buyer but I would really want the LE on this if I were.

Multi-directional spinner is awesome.

Never would have believed I would see the day I would want a TNMT over a JP

#2069 3 years ago

If the price on the le wasn't so high and then possibly have same continued issues the stern games some are getting i guess i could look past the green armor on the le. I will just have to sit back save my money and snag a 2nd hand premium down the road then i can button mash to my hearts content and it will look right at home next to my Ghostbusters (Premium)-le . As to the fussing about the music not being right If there is a will there has to be a way to change it.

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have to disagree, I thought the display looked fantastic. They really nailed it IMO.

Agreed, they nailed it.

#2071 3 years ago
Quoted from Nickson:

The whole point of him on munsters was to make a simple game... he did that. It’s fun game

Simple game??? Then send us all a couple grand rebate, for giving us no more than a few real updates. Who wants to pay $9k, the same price as TMNT with loads of great code, for Munsters severely lacking??? Simple equals shameful, if you’re charging the same price as all the coded games with tons of depth, i.e., SW, ST, BKSOR, JP, GOT, DP, IMDN, all have many times more code than Munsters and all were the same price.

Simple does not and should not equate to a lack of modes, show material etc. Unfortunately owners have been forgotten by Stern on Munsters and hopefully they will do right by us and give us the updates and deep code it deserves. I hold Stern squarely responsible for not allocating enough resources to Dwight and team to do right by such an awesome theme and game as Munsters. It has been the bashing child here on pinside, because of the lack of code for quite sometime and that’s a travesty for such a potentially awesome coded game as Munsters.

#2072 3 years ago

I would be interested if it had something new to offer. So far not that impressed. Just seems more of the same.

#2073 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I would be interested if it had something new to offer. So far not that impressed. Just seems more of the same.

You might need to change hobbies.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 70 years in all flipper games are “more of the same.”

#2074 3 years ago

What is the difference in the plunger lane/ball launch between pro and prem/LE? It looks like there is some sort of "ramp" on the prem, but the ball launch seems to go around to the upper flipper on both models. I must have missed something on the streams...can the ball launch divert to the wireforms at some point on the prem/le?

#2075 3 years ago

I would have been a day one purchase to put on location. However, location pinball is pretty dead right now due to the virus. I actually sold all the pins I had on route and will reboot when/if things get back to normal. I wonder how many other pins are not being purchased for the same reason. That has to hurt sales.

I think this pin looks pretty promising overall.

#2076 3 years ago

I'm getting one for my location on a leap of faith, but things are looking good to hopefully have phase 2 soon. If we don't get phase 2 it will have to go to my house for extensive testing.

#2077 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

They are so fucking lame, it's cost saving taken too far. Just seems like they are the norm now.

I love this on BF and LAH:

4 stand-up targets (5 on LAH) that you ready the mode and earn them in order to spell C A V E (CRANE on LAH). If out of order, you start over. Simple yet beautiful!

BF CAVE targets (resized).jpgBF CAVE targets (resized).jpg
#2078 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You might need to change hobbies.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 70 years in all flipper games are “more of the same.”

And i bet if someone did make a really weird machine with only one bottom flipper and 2 flippers on each side and all shots have to be made from the side flippers people would complain that it's not a real pinball machine and refuse to buy it...

#2079 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I love this on BF and LAH:
4 stand-up targets (5 on LAH) that you ready the mode and earn them in order to spell C A V E (CRANE on LAH). If out of order, you start over. Simple yet beautiful![quoted image]

yes, as i said on Munsters topic, the actual targets in 1 big bank is lame (for the "players")
and than, they told us this is made for newbee and average players to get into pinball, not cut costs... who can believe this ?

do we have to forget this pin maxime : "pinball is a game of skill" ?

#2080 3 years ago

meanwhile, after the LE, i really liked the PRO (except these bank targets, but OK... )
it plays fast (ramp ball back is very quick), flow, overall color/design, the fadding GI when TEAM UP ready is really very great
seems a real winner to me

but personaly, i need to wait where's the code will go, i've got enough deception with my GB
but i understand easily that most of pinball fans will enjoy this pin

good job STERN !

PS : does this pin first one (or first STERN) that John B. doesnt use perfect 0° vertical upper lanes !?

#2081 3 years ago

After watching the Deadflip stream, I'm torn. The theme just doesn't resonate with me, but I love the layout and especially the code (even in prerelease form). The display is incredibly well done; at any given moment there was almost always something not just visually interesting, but informative.

#2082 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Simple game??? Then send us all a couple grand rebate, for giving us no more than a few real updates. Who wants to pay $9k, the same price as TMNT with loads of great code, for Munsters severely lacking??? Simple equals shameful, if you’re charging the same price as all the coded games with tons of depth, i.e., SW, ST, BKSOR, JP, GOT, DP, IMDN, all have many times more code than Munsters and all were the same price.

Beatles is super simple and they charged more. So what?

Why did you buy a game you don’t like?

#2083 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Simple game??? Then send us all a couple grand rebate, for giving us no more than a few real updates.

It's the year 2020, and people still think they can buy pinballs with some kind of expectation that they'll get more than what they paid for.

Say it loud for the people in the back, buy games for what they are, not for what you hope they'll be. You have nobody to blame but yourself if your hopes and dreams don't become reality after handing over the cash. If you're not sure, simply wait before buying to see what comes. It's not that hard.

Let's check the notes:

CHICAGO, Jan. 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Stern Pinball, Inc., a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball, proudly announced today the availability of a new line of pinball machines celebrating the iconic American TV hit sitcom, The Munsters.

Players will be transported to 1313 Mockingbird Lane, joining the entire Munsters family on this haunted pinball adventure. Featuring Herman, Raven, Lily, Spot and Grandpa, players will work their way towards Munster Madness in this frightfully funny and action-packed pinball world under glass. The Munsters pinball machines will be available in Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models.

"The Munsters are iconic and timeless, and it was time to create a pinball experience around this freaky-fun family. With beautiful artwork inspired by the supernatural family, this theme is perfect for a pinball machine," said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc.

Stern's The Munsters Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models feature stunning and distinctive hand-drawn art. Each game features a custom sculpted Herman bash toy with magnetized ball catch, highlighting Herman multiball. In addition, all models include a pop-up Spot bash toy hidden under the left ramp, a custom sculpted Drag-U-La toy car featured near a left shooter lane kicker, as well as a metal turn-around, flip-up ramp.

The Premium and Limited Edition models both feature Grandpa's laboratory, a lower playfield that features 2 mini flippers, 2 ramps, a Grandpa bash target, a digital number display, and a multiball feature. The Premium model features an exclusive black and white custom art package in homage to classic black and white TV.

The Limited Edition – only 500 units globally – includes additional unique features such as an exclusive mirrored backglass, anti-reflection pinball glass, shaker motor, exclusive custom art blades, a custom autographed bottom arch, a sequentially numbered plaque, and exclusive custom casket-themed cabinet artwork.

Complementing the immersive theme and exciting gameplay experience, Stern Pinball's powerful SPIKE™ electronics hardware system enables high-definition graphics and innovative animations on the high-definition video display. SPIKE™ reduces system complexity and energy usage resulting in enhanced reliability and simplified servicing. The state-of-the-art electronic system also powers a high-fidelity 3-channel audio system that is three times more powerful than audio systems of previous generations.

Huh, nothing about deep code and continuous updates in there. How strange.

Just admit it, you were too excited to wait and see how the game developed and bought it sight unseen with expectations that weren't actually based on anything real, and now you're mad because your own impatience made you unhappy.

Dwight doesn't "owe" anyone anything. There were no promises made or broken. He's a nice guy, I've talked to him, I've read his extensive posts on thoughtful pinball design. He really doesn't deserve the personal bashing childish people keep dishing at him because they can't take responsibility for their own decisions. He posted in this thread already, he's clearly reading everything.

Dwight, I'm sorry you have to put up with this stuff, and while I'm sure you're used to it, there's really no excuse for it.

I made a personal remark about Lonnie once here. Called him lazy or something, I dunno, it was dumb. Well he read it and I hurt his feelings, and I found out about it. So I had an hour long phone call with him, where I apologized, and learned quite a lot about how business at Stern really works. I ended up ashamed of my childish behavior. Don't be like that, we can be better.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion, but there's no excuse for making it personal and nasty when we know the people you're talking about are reading.

#2084 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Say it loud for the people in the back, buy games for what they are, not for what you hope they'll be.

Quoted from Aurich:

Say it loud for the people in the back, buy games for what they are, not for what you hope they'll be.

I just feel like it needed to be said a couple more times. Haha

#2085 3 years ago

Not understanding how some people are saying this pro version feels loaded. Game is very stripped down compared to the premium version in the toy department.

I would consider earlier sterns
like a Lord of the rings, walking dead, simpsons pinball or even like a metallica much more loaded compared this tmnt pro.

Layout is great and looks fun to shoot but this game doesn’t feel loaded.

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from KickahaOta:

After watching the Deadflip stream, I'm torn. The theme just doesn't resonate with me, but I love the layout and especially the code (even in prerelease form). The display is incredibly well done; at any given moment there was almost always something not just visually interesting, but informative.

Totally agree. The display looks Great. Yea, some of the animations and cg have issues. But as it translates to Pinball, the actual ‘display’ appears to be really well done. I like what stern has been doing with the LCD display lately (DP, IMDN, JP, etc...). Clear, concise, and Informative.

#2087 3 years ago

Wellp I just locked in an LE

#2088 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Not understanding how some people are saying this pro version feels loaded. Game is very stripped down compared to the premium version in the toy department.
I would consider earlier sterns
like a Lord of the rings, walking dead, simpsons pinball or even like a metallica much more loaded compared this tmnt pro.
Layout is great and looks fun to shoot but this game doesn’t feel loaded.

Agree, theme and layout look great, with some strong potential on rules and co-op, but as for toys pro has essentially none aside from the disk. Jurassic Park pro, Rick and Morty and Munsters pro all have more toys.

Looks like a great game, but I’d definitely choose the Premium or LE over the pro for this title, it’s a no-brainer.

#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agree, theme and layout look great, with some strong potential on rules and co-op, but as for toys pro has essentially none aside from the disk. Jurassic Park pro, Rick and Morty and Munsters pro all have more toys.
Looks like a great game, but I’d definitely choose the Premium or LE over the pro for this title, it’s a no-brainer.

JP Pro really doesn't have any toys besides the jeep. Unless you count the static raptor pen. I think toys are largely overrated in this day and age. Id prefer a pin with a great sound, light , and display package over toys. I would totally be down with a TMNT Pro!

#2090 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I agree 100%.

#2091 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, as i said on Munsters topic, the actual targets in 1 big bank is lame (for the "players")
and than, they told us this is made for newbee and average players to get into pinball, not cut costs... who can believe this ?
do we have to forget this pin maxime : "pinball is a game of skill" ?

I would have preferred individual targets, but it is what it is.

Rob

#2092 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just feel like it needed to be said a couple more times. Haha

It honestly needs to be pinned to the front page of pinside. Truth is there is no template for code completion. No rules how many modes there needs to be or if there is any modes at all. Code depth is all relative and not the same game to game. Stern can make a game simple or deep. That is their choice and your choice to buy. People expect Stern to update code for every game for years. Why should they? There is no contract or agreement there will even be any updates. Once you give them money the deal is done. There is no reason to buy any game early. Most games are in production for over a year.

#2093 3 years ago

I dub thee "Stern's JJP POTC". Layout is similar, spinning disc, multiball chest/van lock in same place, multi-character select, spam button to eat gold/pizza. It's only missing the ship (and a dozen other things I suppose...). If you can appreciate the theme, it's cheaper and you can buy it.

#2094 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I dub thee "Stern's JJP POTC". Layout is similar, spinning disc, multiball chest/van lock in same place, multi-character select, spam button to eat gold/pizza. It's only missing the ship (and a dozen other things I suppose...). If you can appreciate the theme, it's cheaper and you can buy it.

Or it’s nothing like JJP POTC at all.

#2095 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

To me it's a matter of design intent. If the intent is "make the player make precision shots in this area", then multiple touch targets or drop targets are called for. If those are dropped simply to reduce BOM, then that compromises the design. If the intent is "make the player put the ball in this area repeatedly", then a big target can be fine. Of course, I don't question anybody's decision to dislike the choice in either case; but we should at least keep track of who we're mad at.

(I also think that a big target can be a good choice in situations where the target is almost parallel with the path of the ball. Let's say that you want the player to make an orbit shot, but also want to reward them for being precise enough to hit a target along the way. In that case, a long vertical target near the entry to the orbit shot is fine -- it effectively requires the same degree of precision that hitting a small traditional target facing the flippers would, but also lets the ball continue around the orbit shot rather than bouncing back.)

#2096 3 years ago

I noticed there are LEDs in the apron, lighting up the flippers, thats so simple and great.
GI lights are now RGB's too, nice...

#2097 3 years ago
Quoted from Nickson:

No problem with that. Tell us BEFORE we drop $9k

They raised the LE numbers to 600 to meet demand. Shipped em and then said oh yeah this is just meant to be a simple game

Say that up front and watch how many they sell of ANY game! lol

Making a “simple” game is so stupid anyhow

Just make a pro version then. Sorry but that BS doesn’t fly

#2098 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I'm a pinball newbie so i watch a lot of tutorials, most of the vids about machines with individual (drop)targets on the side tell you to not shoot for them because it's dangerous and just hope to complete them by accident, then i read this forum and apparently everyone is aiming for those dangerous targets all the time and dislikes it if they have no individual ones to shoot for... I don't really mind the single target if it makes it a bit safer so maybe shooting for everything on the playfield is viable instead of being told to just ignore certain parts of the game due to danger of draining

#2099 3 years ago

When you buy into hype and spend your money with a head full of false expectations, you have no one to blame but yourself.

#2100 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

When you buy into hype and spend your money with a head full of false expectations, you have no one to blame but yourself.

We are talking about pinball, grown adults spending thousands on games we don't need and bitching about whether Munsters or TMNT is cooler. That type of rational thinking belongs somewhere else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7,999.00
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/42?hl=ozpinsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.