20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 64.
#1901 3 years ago

That JP2 goat though...too bad all of them don’t look that good. Typically scenes with people aren’t the greatest in JP2.

#1902 3 years ago

Do any of you fuckin’ nerds actually play pinball.

#1903 3 years ago

for now the only thing I see that I don't like are the animations. April is horrible, it seems like a play station one game. For me the animations are horrible

#1904 3 years ago

I wonder what the button does on the lockdown bar on the pro...

#1905 3 years ago

Pizza eating contest mode button mashing, not kidding... Pretty sure that’s it’s only function on pro model

Quoted from epichoff:

I wonder what the button does on the lockdown bar on the pro...

#1906 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Pizza eating contest mode button mashing, not kidding... Pretty sure that’s it’s only function on pro model

Ok thanks

#1907 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Everyone can blame me. Unlike Deadpool, where the villain was the mode, on TMNT they refer to starring Episodes. I chose to leave text out of the equation because of the length of Episode names. And had I used the character names it would have confused with the episodes... I kinda assumed I'd find a grail answer and eventually settled on having the insert trap color coincide with the stroke of each affiliated character (and some overlap when 2-part episodes are referenced)... not saying it's the best answer for everyone - but it allowed for a more dynamic central grouping of art... which selfishly I gravitate towards...

Personally I think the art is phenomenal on this game, the way you have packed so much into it without making it look cluttered is pure genius! I also like the small inserts and think you made by far the best choice as you said above.

Just one thing though with the episodes/villain inserts, do they light the colour of the turtle you used to defeat them? So if your using Leo and beat shredder his little insert will light blue.?

#1908 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Everyone can blame me. Unlike Deadpool, where the villain was the mode, on TMNT they refer to starring Episodes. I chose to leave text out of the equation because of the length of Episode names. And had I used the character names it would have confused with the episodes... I kinda assumed I'd find a grail answer and eventually settled on having the insert trap color coincide with the stroke of each affiliated character (and some overlap when 2-part episodes are referenced)... not saying it's the best answer for everyone - but it allowed for a more dynamic central grouping of art... which selfishly I gravitate towards...

Meh, you did fine given what the progression points are standing for in TMNT. Like the theme or not, it's overall one of the best packages you've put together for Stern, IMO.

Carry on.

#1909 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Watching the stream back again it looks like Dwight has coded his ass off.

Well to be honest with what Dwight coded for Munsters, (Was Shite)! No reason why he should've had more than enough time to code TMNT
But wait for it, another 3 years waiting on code like Ghostbusters.

I just hope for you guys that the code will come as you think it will.
I have lost hope. Staying with coders I know will complete in a much faster fashion.

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Well to be honest with what Dwight coded for Munsters, (Was Shite)! No reason why he should've had more than enough time to code TMNT
I have lost hope. Staying with coders I know will complete in a much faster fashion.

That's a very short list with, what, Lyman and maybe Tanio? That's about it, and Tanio is great, but very new.

#1911 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's a very short list with, what, Lyman and maybe Tanio? That's about it, and Tanio is great, but very new.

Very true Vireland, What about Rick Naegele!
Not Stern but Eric Meunier is also looking good, and cannot forget Keith P. Johnson...

P.s Time for you to get that Walking Dead pinball!

#1912 3 years ago

May not be a NIB purchase for me but I could see me getting one down the line

#1913 3 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Very true Vireland, What about Rick Naegele!
Not Stern but Eric Meunier is also looking good, and cannot forget Keith P. Johnson...
P.s Time for you to get that Walking Dead pinball!

Oh, right, I was limiting it to Stern. Rick has done great work so far, but he's also in the "very new" basket with Tanio.

Keith does unbelievable work for JJP now. His Stern work is still legendary, too. So thumbs-up on Keith, for sure.

#1914 3 years ago

Maybe ball launch too?

#1915 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is there a breakdown of the perks?

Not that I know of.

#1916 3 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

So I’ll always defend Dwight! He’s an amazing talent and genuine guy on all fronts. The thoughtful nature of his approach is part of why I love working with him!

I get your frustrations and they are warranted based on appearance - but there’s always more to the story and as much as I hate to throw this out there, Take Ghostbusters : that momentum got derailed by the designers personal actions imo.

If you look at the timeline, you’ll see why the idea of boosting up that game after ‘he who will not be named’ shocked us all, was not going to happen. The game was tarnished for me and others and took a long time to wash that taste away...

But when it felt right, Dwight was determined to reclaim that game and he outdid himself for my money.

I can’t claim to know all the inner workings at Stern - but there are always factors you don’t see that affect projects.

Just remind yourself that encouraging words will yield a better headspace for a creative like Dwight than tearing him down on a forum ...just my 2 cents as a creative lol

Oh, and his work on tmnt coop will set standards moving forward - just wait till you get a chance to play on a team game!

#1917 3 years ago

Tanio has been there 7 years is that new? I think not. He's shown he can code!

Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, right, I was limiting it to Stern. Rick has done great work so far, but he's also in the "very new" basket with Tanio.
Keith does unbelievable work for JJP now. His Stern work is still legendary, too. So thumbs-up on Keith, for sure.

#1918 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

10k it’s no MMRRE
Hot Wheels is almost 4K less then LE ?

Hot wheels should come free with a box of cereal

#1919 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

"The pizza eating contest was John's idea" -Dwight

Even Dwitgh know its dumb and people will hate it. Mayne they will convince John that it need to come out in a code update. Otherwise be sure to work on your pencil flicking skills (track and field style)

#1920 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

So I’ll always defend Dwight! He’s an amazing talent and genuine guy on all fronts. The thoughtful nature of his approach is part of why I love working with him!
I get your frustrations and they are warranted based on appearance - but there’s always more to the story and as much as I hate to throw this out there, Take Ghostbusters : that momentum got derailed by the designers personal actions imo.
If you look at the timeline, you’ll see why the idea of boosting up that game after ‘he who will not be named’ shocked us all, was not going to happen. The game was tarnished for me and others and took a long time to wash that taste away...
But when it felt right, Dwight was determined to reclaim that game and he outdid himself for my money.
I can’t claim to know all the inner workings at Stern - but there are always factors you don’t see that affect projects.
Just remind yourself that encouraging words will yield a better headspace for a creative like Dwight than tearing him down on a forum ...just my 2 cents as a creative lol
Oh, and his work on tmnt coop will set standards moving forward - just wait till you get a chance to play on a team game!

I think one of the best takeaways from the new tmnt is how good the code looks! Good job Dwight!

#1921 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Dwight seems like a great guy and has done some excellent work.

He has a lot to live up to after Munsters after the recent great titles JP, EHOH and STH from Stern. I own them all, including Munsters.

You can't blame people for being cautious.

I personally think he will step up and reclaim his reputation on this game.

Lyman and others get it done EVERY time, without excuses. I get the artsy need to create a positive vibe and i'm hoping Dwight kills it on this game, but he's gotta prove it first before i'll buy one this time.

Here's hoping he does AND I'll say at least for me, this recent break from the grips and hype of my favorite hobby pinball, has allowed me to take a step back, take a breath, appreciate what matters in life and simply not rush in to buying another LE.

Not sure how long my "pinball fever" will be cured but for now, it kind of feels good being back in control!

#1922 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

The new (team competitive, coop, challenge) modes, select a turtle, leveling turtles and breaking the game into episodes were excellent decisions and I can’t wait to play them. Dwight’s code is normally deep and wide (GoT, Star Wars) and it looks like this game has both as well. Can’t wait to dig in.

#1923 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I love button mashing in Tie Fighter and I can’t wait for the pizza eating contest. It will be more dumb fun!

#1924 3 years ago

I don’t hate the idea of it so much that I hope they remove it BUT they ought to code contest mode so the diverter is disabled during the button mash. It will go a long way to save that diverter mech from getting utterly trashed.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Even Dwitgh know its dumb and people will hate it. Mayne they will convince John that it need to come out in a code update. Otherwise be sure to work on your pencil flicking skills (track and field style)

#1925 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I get your frustrations and they are warranted based on appearance - but there’s always more to the story

Dwight gets a lot of grief on Pinside, and I understand GB (and to a lesser extent GoT) were pretty lackluster out of the box and took forever to fix, but when he did fix them he more than exceeded expectations. People wanted GB's skill shot bug fixed and not to have to hear "Ok, who brought the dog" 10 seconds into each game, and some more polish. He took a lot of the linearity out of the game, overhauled the rules, and added a ton extra. GoT got the same level of effort.

I wouldn't be surprised at some point if Munsters was considered a "throw away" title from a code perspective. Just get that one done because you got a major title coming up you need to focus on asap. Also, what I believe was a 3 person coding team (was there anyone else besides Dwight, Lyman, and Lonnie?) now has some incredible new resources in Tanio and Rick which help dedicate more time to each new title.

What I think I like the best about Dwight is how he comes off in the streams. He shows incredible passion, looks genuinely excited as he walks you through what he's done, and isn't afraid to try something new. Who knows what has happened with work or personal life, shit gets in the way. At least he made good where he was criticized. TMNT looks to be very well along in initial code!

I truly think Lyman won't be doing another Pro. For years, countless Pinsiders have said "I'll only buy a game if Lyman is on code", and since then Lyman now works on $8K+ games. You want Lyman code? Stern is going to make you PAY for Lyman code now. But I like the variety in Dwight's offerings, and unless some used Lyman HUO's fall in my lap, I'll actually look forward to what comes from Dwight on future Pro's.

#1926 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Have all the thumbs up! I feel like I'm yelling this at the screen every time I come on this site...so a lot.

#1927 3 years ago

Want a TMNT Premium for $75.00?

Buy a ticket to the raffle before it sells out! 75% of the tickets are now sold. If you don’t win, the proceeds go to helping out children by “Bringing pinball machines to Children's Hospitals and Ronald McDonald Houses across the United States.”

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/strangerthings-premium-pinballmachineraffle

Come on, you have $75.00 in your account just waiting there to help the kids!

Once you win, you can get your TMNT deposit back from your distributor. Now that is a stimulus check I like.

#1928 3 years ago

Dwight is very talented, love the enthusiasm and his genius for structure and cause effect code, ZY summed it up perfectly.

#1929 3 years ago

Pro stream 6pm est deadflip. Pumped.

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pro stream 6pm est deadflip. Pumped.

Finally a game and theme I want. I was ten years old when turtles cartoon came out. Love retro.

As long as quality is good I am in. Now it’s which model? Torn.

#1931 3 years ago

Dwights light shows and effects are why I love him. I will take a Dwight light show and Jerry Thompson sound effect combo when I make a shot any day. The Jackpot lights and sound effects were awesome on the stream. Can't wait to play it and see and hear with my own eyes and ears.

#1932 3 years ago

Art looks great. Game looks fun.

Quoted from zombieyeti:

Set standards? TNA and P3 have co-op and team games. You mean selecting a different character and each playing for different objectives that combine into overarching goals? Seems like a no-brainer for TMNT!

#1933 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Buy a ticket to the raffle before it sells out! 75% of the tickets are now sold. If you don’t win, the proceeds go to helping out children by “Bringing pinball machines to Children's Hospitals and Ronald McDonald Houses across the United States.”
Once you win, you can get your TMNT deposit back from your distributor. Now that is a stimulus check I like.

Great cause! Donated.

#1934 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I'll probably still donate, but the page says it's a Stranger Things? I wouldn't complain either way.

#1935 3 years ago

Well, the TMNT2 premium reveal caused a stir, with many voicing their dislike or disgust with the approach. I preferred this format to introduce a game to the world, in high def and real time. Folks we are looking at a brand new product, in real time with the designers!! Dwight explained rules while Jack hit the right switches and ... we saw a handful of playfield objectives and modes with the ball on the playfield, while watching the lcd and lighting and listening in. I thought this was a fantastic way for Stern to show us what they got. They introduced each team member and all were available to answer questions. A top notch launch imo.

Leaving the intro phase, it is time we enter the wonderment phase. TMNT2 pro stream tonight can shift quickly into playing and with the volume turned up and voices turned down, we are in for a rocking good time. Most of tonight’s audience watched the first stream or YouTube and begin tonight’s stream with a good familiarity of the game. Gentlemen, grab your favorite bottle of booze or mix a pitcher of your favorite drinks, and get ready for the show.

#1936 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolpa:

I'll probably still donate, but the page says it's a Stranger Things? I wouldn't complain either way.

It was setup for Stranger Things, but they have clarified that you can choose a TMNT Premium if that is what you desire.

Per Project Pinball...” That is correct! TMNT is now an available option to the winners!”

Sorry but I do not know how to link back to the specific post.

#1937 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My DAD watched Howdy Doody as a little kid

When asked something pretty stupidly obvious by someone, you can reply "does Howdy Doody have wooden balls?!"

Always gets a laugh. Well, generally.

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

When asked something pretty stupidly obvious by someone, you can reply "does Howdy Doody have wooden balls?!"
Always gets a laugh. Well, generally.

So he and “Woody” from TS have something in common! Or are his Cotten balls?

#1939 3 years ago

My grandson loves his new turtles!

94A6C418-AC96-4A36-A20F-FA1FEC396E66 (resized).jpeg94A6C418-AC96-4A36-A20F-FA1FEC396E66 (resized).jpeg
#1940 3 years ago

And I’m in on an LE

#1941 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Well, the TMNT2 premium reveal caused a stir, with many voicing their dislike or disgust with the approach. I preferred this format to introduce a game to the world, in high def and real time. Folks we are looking at a brand new product, in real time with the designers!! Dwight explained rules while Jack hit the right switches and ... we saw a handful of playfield objectives and modes with the ball on the playfield, while watching the lcd and lighting and listening in. I thought this was a fantastic way for Stern to show us what they got. They introduced each team member and all were available to answer questions. A top notch launch imo.
Leaving the intro phase, it is time we enter the wonderment phase. TMNT2 pro stream tonight can shift quickly into playing and with the volume turned up and voices turned down, we are in for a rocking good time. Most of tonight’s audience watched the first stream or YouTube and begin tonight’s stream with a good familiarity of the game. Gentlemen, grab your favorite bottle of booze or mix a pitcher of your favorite drinks, and get ready for the show.

Yea it reminded me of a Todd Tuckey video. Explain the objectives/rules with the glass off while feeding shots by rolling the ball. Then follow that up with some gameplay.

#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

It was setup for Stranger Things, but they have clarified that you can choose a TMNT Premium if that is what you desire.
Per Project Pinball...” That is correct! TMNT is now an available option to the winners!”
Sorry but I do not know how to link back to the specific post.

Gotcha. Donated! Fingers crossed...

#1943 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

And I’m in on an LE

How could we not expect otherwise. Enjoy.

#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Dwights light shows and effects are why I love him. I will take a Dwight light show and Jerry Thompson sound effect combo when I make a shot any day. The Jackpot lights and sound effects were awesome on the stream. Can't wait to play it and see and hear with my own eyes and ears.

Dwight is the king of creating moments!! Love it.

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Tough but fair

#1946 3 years ago

Destroying tie fighters is one of the best parts of star wars. While eating pizza is way more goofy (could have gone with defeating foot soldiers or something) it will no doubt be as much fun, and hopefully have a big reward also.

#1947 3 years ago

So, with 2 nights of sleep after the reveal...

While in Terms of being a TMNT fanboy I'm less impressed then I thought I would be (altough it looks very fun to shoot and the music is awesome), the thing that really shines for me is the code.

With the way the game is structured, that you can choose your Turtle, Level him up, and can play CoOp, Teams etc. this is a game that seems to be a fairly new and deep experience for some longlivety in a private collection.

#1948 3 years ago

Screw it, just bought my LE. First pin for me. All bought on theme and I'm a pinball rookie. Just in case anyone underestimates the power of theme.

I will say I didn't quite jump in sight unseen as I've had a casual interest in pinball for about 2 years. Just couldn't quite get anything that motivated me to jump in and I'm not that handy so maintenance was a turn off. I played some machines at Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas to feel things out but yeah, this theme is the home run for me. And collector in me had to go LE.

#1949 3 years ago

This is definitely the worst theme Stern has done in a long, long time.

However, there are people that for some reason love mutant ninja turtles, so for them it's a good theme.

I think it's pretty much like that with every game. Makes me wonder why people even say they hate a theme.

#1950 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is definitely the worst theme Stern has done in a long, long time.

Define "worst"?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/39?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.