20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 64.
#1751 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

These NES games aren't being bought by TMNT fans. Pretty much all of the "sealed and graded" NES stuff is just part of a rather recent speculator market pumped by investors moving in from the comic book speculator market.

True, but the point stands that despite wata's attempts, the prices mentioned are overestimated by at least a factor of 2.

#1752 3 years ago

Kind of off topic but I finally watched that action figures tmnt episode from Netflix and it was great. Highly recommend if you haven’t seen it already

#1753 3 years ago

Video was posted

#1754 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

All. The. Time.
It's not a true New England style "special" without them. Ground sausage, hamburger, peppers, onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, and anchovies.
Albeit in the last 20 or so years, they now ask if you want anchovies instead of automatically putting them on.
A funny thing though, is that even though it may not be listed on the menu, if you order a special, every mom and pop place knows what you mean, and will make it as described above

This

#1755 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think clips from the original show would have looked pretty slick being played as shots are made. Here's the first episode of the show. The LCD could have turned into an old console TV when clips are played. If something like this was in the game I think it would attract more buyers. Instead the game feels a bit generic but I understand the code is early. I wish Stern would have done something similar to Batman 66 with TMNT and had a wide range of modes based on season.

I have to disagree, I thought the display looked fantastic. They really nailed it IMO.

#1756 3 years ago

So what's the standard best price you can get on these before taxes and such? Can get the Pro at $5,899 or LE at $9,099 plus tax and free delivery setup if paying cash. Is is possible to shave another $100 or so off the Pro?

Collector in me wants the CE but hard to justify the $3400 premium for something I know will sit and not get played much, even if it will hold its value mostly. I'm a pin novice so the extra rule sets aren't a huge selling point with the price difference considered.

#1757 3 years ago
Quoted from jonebone:

So what's the standard best price you can get on these before taxes and such? Can get the Pro at $5,899 or LE at $9,099 plus tax and free delivery setup if paying cash. Is is possible to shave another $100 or so off the Pro?
Collector in me wants the CE but hard to justify the $3400 premium for something I know will sit and not get played much, even if it will hold its value mostly. I'm a pin novice so the extra rule sets aren't a huge selling point with the price difference considered.

Count on the LE losing about 1-2k in value. They rarely if ever hold their value.

Premium will settle in the 6000-6500 Range like they always do.

Pros always settle in the 4500-5200 range.

So if you’re worried about losing the least amount of money on resale, go pro.

#1758 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It is unusual to see anchovies chosen as a pizza topping, imo. Never known anybody who‘d request them and very few who would tolerate them. Anybody ordering anchovies for their Za’s, give this a thumbs up.

Only Richie Kelly orders double anchovies!

#1759 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Count on the LE losing about 1-2k in value. They rarely if ever hold their value.
Premium will settle in the 6000-6500 Range like they always do.
Pros always settle in the 4500-5200 range.
So if you’re worried about losing the least amount of money on resale, go pro.

Pure truth. Listen to chuck. Thanks

#1760 3 years ago

I will have to say, I honestly do not get this choice of theme. The game play, shot layout, art (he killed it!), and options with characters looks great. The rules sound great! But... it's the Ninja Turtles! I have to imagine we are mostly adults in this community. I find it super odd that people are clamoring over a cartoon from 40 years ago that most people forgot about. I understand that Stern is trying to milk the wallet of a certain age bracket, but it's a shame that we can't see something more relevant with this kind of potential. To each their own I suppose. We will wait for the next one.

#1761 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think the developers and animators are working with what they have. The Stern motherboards and graphic chip capabilities have limitations. If you want modern day, next gen graphical displays, the BOM would need about a 500 - 700 dollar upgrade for nVidia/AMD like graphic prowess...I would definitely welcome that change, but I'm sure many wouldn't as it's not really adding anything under the glass. It's definitely an untapped marketing opportunity, but not sure it's what pinball needs... Most would probably want more mechanical innovation...

Its about what you do with what you have. Maiden animation are.nothing to call home about but they are better than this. Deadpool, JP, Black Knight....again, not modern day game expectations but perfectly adequate for pinball. Tmnt animations are visibly poorer quality. This is the first game since Aerosmith where the animations actually make me cringe. (Mayne more so because I can't stand Aerosmith *the band, and grew up on the Turtles.

#1762 3 years ago

That’s why I am asking, the turtles loved anchovies. When I was a kid, anchovies often came on House specialty pizzas. You would have to remember to ask they be left off. My dad would eat them but it grossed out our family. Does anybody order anchovies for their pizza today ???

The turtles also ordered ice cream and pickles on their pizza. The joke was that nobody but the turtles would order anchovies. (Nothing against the salty buggers actually)

#1763 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

I will have to say, I honestly do not get this choice of theme. The game play, shot layout, art (he killed it!), and options with characters looks great. The rules sound great! But... it's the Ninja Turtles! I have to imagine we are mostly adults in this community. I find it super odd that people are clamoring over a cartoon from 40 years ago that most people forgot about. I understand that Stern is trying to milk the wallet of a certain age bracket, but it's a shame that we can't see something more relevant with this kind of potential. To each their own I suppose. We will wait for the next one.

let me guess - you were born in the 70s or earlier?

It's incredible how misinformed people are regarding turtles. The new TMNT is apparently (for Nickelodeon) killing it with sales b/c now you have adults and kids involved. They bought TMNT for 60 million and last year I heard 400+ million in rev. Nice investment!

I personally don't do the whole action figure thing (left that after I was a kid) but many people still collect and this theme is such a cash cow, it's insane. There are actual numbers to support this too (Nick tv, Playmate toy sales, Raw Thrills TMNT arcader sales which ranks as it's #1 by far, etc).

I expect this machine to kill on route assuming things get back to near capacity.

#1764 3 years ago

Assuming locations can come back and succeed this will be on route crushing for a long long time. I bet some OPs will go through more than one of these. Haha

#1765 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Wasn't the Batman show from the 60's for kids?

#1766 3 years ago

I know one of my local locations that is currently closed during COVID bought a Pro, so it looks like some locations are still planning fo the future and still buying games.

#1767 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

let me guess - you were born in the 70s or earlier?
It's incredible how misinformed people are regarding turtles. The new TMNT is apparently (for Nickelodeon) killing it with sales b/c now you have adults and kids involved. They bought TMNT for 60 million and last year I heard 400+ million in rev. Nice investment!
I personally don't do the whole action figure thing (left that after I was a kid) but many people still collect and this theme is such a cash cow, it's insane. There are actual numbers to support this too (Nick tv, Playmate toy sales, Raw Thrills TMNT arcader sales which ranks as it's #1 by far, etc).
I expect this machine to kill on route assuming things get back to near capacity.

I was born in 1978 and LOVED the Ninja Turtles. My name is literally Michael Angelo. I have three kids... 7, 9 and 11. I asked them each what they thought about the Ninja Turtles. None of them cared.

I also founded The Little Flippers pinball organization for kids. We have (at least had before the COVID 19 thing) a monthly meet up with 30 kids playing pinball. I contacted many of the parents to gauge interest. Almost none of the kids cared or knew about the Ninja Turtles. I'm not bashing it. I just don't get it. I hope Stern sells enough to make it worth the effort, we need them to do well. It's a catch 22.

#1768 3 years ago

It is unusual to see anchovies chosen as a pizza topping, imo. Never known anybody who‘d request them and very few who would tolerate them. Anybody ordering anchovies for their Za’s, give this a thumbs up.

no anchovies please

#t=2m26s

#1769 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

That has grown into a cult classic that is cross generational. I would argue it's a whole different ballgame.

#1770 3 years ago

Anyway... this is a Hype thread so I am going to bow out. Not trying to rain on the parade. Cheers!

#1771 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

I was born in 1978 and LOVED the Ninja Turtles. My name is literally Michael Angelo. I have three kids... 7, 9 and 11. I asked them each what they thought about the Ninja Turtles. None of them cared.

People like different things.

#1772 3 years ago

If there is one thing I never worry about it is the overall sound package. Guaranteed within the first month someone will work on a custom sound package for the machine. So many talented pinsiders that contribute and make these machines better.

Quoted from truemagoo102:

I was sooooo close to ordering one NIB Stern- you almost had me. But that sound package, man.
I finally realized what it sounded like: Candy Crush. All the bright sounding sound effects and April's voice acting... it I closed my eyes I would think someone was playing a TMNT mobile game. And the "Kidz Bop" Main Theme EVERY MULTIBALL?? Imagine hearing that multiple times, every game you play. I would avoid multiball just to avoid the soundtrack.
That being said, high praise for the code, the layout, the theme, everything else. This will KILL on route, I mean, it sounds like a slot machine, so I can only imagine what cash it'll make. Just not for me until someone can hack the sound again.

#1773 3 years ago

I was born in 1970, so that makes me 50 (gasp!). When the TMNT originally came out in the 80's I was too old to watch the cartoon, but I recognized that the concept of TMNT was a pretty cool one, and I did play the NES game and the multiplayer arcade game and I really liked them, so I'm pretty down with this theme despite being halfway to 100 years old, lol.

#1774 3 years ago

Asked a few 11-12 yo what they think about turtles theme, they thought hard, then mentioned seeing them once on cups of yogurt.
They liked the yogurt.
Knuckleheads.

#1775 3 years ago

Kids today when asked about TMNT.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#1776 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

While waiting on my R&M to get to me in the next 3-4 months, I’m patient, wondering if any new, more recent announcements will make me chubb up and bail for the new sexy pin on the block.
So far, flaccid. TMNT2 is not that game that makes me run to the new girl. Still waiting for a real competitor.

I’m in a same place waiting for R&M but am able to bail on that if something else appears better. Still rather have R&M at this point. I realize have not played TMNT but just imo nothing I’ve seen that would put it above Maiden, JP or DP probably I’d rather buy any of those Stern pins over TMNT because the theme is weak to me (childish even more so than baby Deadpool) and I know how those Stern are more complete having a year under their belts.

I’m not saying TMNT won’t be great but I’d rather wait for the dust to settle and see how it is. I’m not worried about it selling out (I care less about a limited edition).

It’s just that Stern has a great lot of games in the past 2-4 years (minus a few clunkers).

I’m favoring R&M because of the light show, humor, custom callouts and theme. Plus I like Soooky a bit better than Stern. Realize that Spooky might be over priced a bit for what you get but have a bit of uniqueness whereas Stern has a more generic feel. Plus Spooky has power switch and second button in the correct place.

#1777 3 years ago

I was born in 85. I grew up with the show and the toys as a kid. I've enjoyed checking out how they constantly reinvent the series through the years. I'm pretty stoked for this release. I put a down payment on an LE and can't wait to see everything in person! My background is in animation so maybe that's why it has stuck with me. I'm sure Stern will be updating the animation with further updates. Somethings looked like place holders to pass for the presentation. Game looks like a lot of fun and one that my kids can enjoy.

Also for those interested, here's a drawing of the glider. I'll for sure be modding that a bit to have some nicer details.

4081089987_f573c4bba7_o (resized).png4081089987_f573c4bba7_o (resized).png
#1778 3 years ago

Overall, thought the game looked pretty good from what I saw on the stream. Two things concered me.

First, maybe it was just the way that Jack was playing, but he barely started and got through any episode modes. Mostly he just kept going into one multi-ball mode after another. I hope it's not as hard to start episodes as he made it look. Because I'm a mode guy.

Second, and this may change once the code matures, but the episode modes didn't seem very distinct. When I'm in a mode I like the lightshow and music to really let me know that I'm doing something unique. Whereas the few times that Jack got into an episode, not much really changed other than the LCD screen. The episode modes just didn't feel as exciting as I would have hoped. Maybe the format of the stream with everyone talking over the game made it harder to see the changes when he went into an episode?

We'll know more after Friday's stream.

#1779 3 years ago

This thread is full of Simpsons comic book guys, declaring themselves too cool and pure to like the new thing. Try not to let the fact that they put laces on April's velcro sneakers or whatever the hell ruin a whole damned pinball machine for you and you might just get to crack a smile today.

#1780 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

This thread is full of Simpsons comic book guys, declaring themselves too cool and pure to like the new thing. Try not to let the fact that they put laces on April's velcro sneakers or whatever the hell ruin a whole damned pinball machine for you and you might just get to crack a smile today.

Actually April only wore sneakers in season 1 through.... Haha I can't do it

#1781 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The 60's Batman show was designed to appeal to kids who loved it for all action, colorful villains, gadgets, etc. But at the same time, adults watching it found the absurdity of the whole thing very funny with the "serious" acting approach taken by the leads and lots of inneundo thrown in for good measure.

#1782 3 years ago

Any owner of a big boy's toy is not really in the position to call out themes for being too juvenile!

Key of any successful business is to keep targeting different demographics.

Turtles is great as whilst not for me, plenty are excited by it.

Led Zep next for aging rockers

#1783 3 years ago

I was born in 1983 and grew up with the turtles. I now have a 4 year old Daughter who watches Turtles. For me it's a no brainer. I ordered a Limited Edition should be fun.

Quoted from drypaint:

#1784 3 years ago

Theme doesnt work for me, Im too old. But damn the game looks fun! Would love to check it out on location. If things ever get back to normal I agree this game will do really well on route. If I owned a pizza parlour I would for sure be ordering one!

#1785 3 years ago

I was born in 72 and I'm too old I remember them but have no interest or attachment to the theme. I get it though, the laughable part of this is at least Stern is trying to go younger. I'm still hoping for a Tarantino or Nirvana something at little more grown up at least teenager level.

#1786 3 years ago

"No comment"

#1787 3 years ago

im an 81 baby and loved turtles as a kid, but this still wasnt a must have theme. But after seeing the stream it really made me excited to play it. the gameplay looks awesome.

#1788 3 years ago

gameplay looks smoother than JP. kinda wished i would have held out on mine and got this instead.

#1789 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

If there is one thing I never worry about it is the overall sound package. Guaranteed within the first month someone will work on a custom sound package for the machine. So many talented pinsiders that contribute and make these machines better.

Based on recent updates to other Stern games this may not be possible. Changes were made to specifically block Pinball Browser from being able to do its thing.

#1790 3 years ago

Turtles is the 80s.

#1791 3 years ago

Born in 1982 and I was a fan of the Turtles as a kid. I honestly think the main hook for me was the NES games, specifically the Arcade Game. That was one of my most played games. I also watched the cartoon and owned a few of the figures. Not going NIB, but it's a game I'd love to get some time on. I'm hoping one is routed near me.

#1792 3 years ago

That’s why I am asking, the turtles loved anchovies. When I was a kid, anchovies often came on House specialty pizzas. You would have to remember to ask they be left off. My dad would eat them but it grossed out our family. Does anybody order anchovies for their pizza today ???

My dad always said No Achovies - those are fish assholes.

#1793 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Dude, many of us in our 30s, 40s, etc still love TMNT. Fun and entertaining!!!!!! I'm a fan for life!!!!!

#1794 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

My dad always said No Achovies - those are fish assholes.

I prefer a bowl of bull’s balls to anchovies for keeping my testosterone levels high.

A787C1FD-D19A-4085-B6AF-071EC5AAD3BA.jpegA787C1FD-D19A-4085-B6AF-071EC5AAD3BA.jpeg
#1795 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

gameplay looks smoother than JP. kinda wished i would have held out on mine and got this instead.

I'm just the opposite...I went and played a few JP games after viewing the livestream last night. while the tmnt layout is pretty nice, JP is tough to beat for flow and # of shots available from each of the 3 flippers. the tmnt ramps and diverter are nice, and seem fast so as not to slow down play too much. I value flow, and shot diversity so both machines seem to deliver that.

#1796 3 years ago

I’m having a real hard time choosing between pro and premium on this pin. The premium looks stacked and I would definitely choose that for home use...but if my location opens back up I think I’ll have less headaches maintaining the pro. I would absolutely HAVE to put the game on location when we reopen. It’s a Pizza place and 90% of coin drop are from kids with very short ball times. TMNT would CRUSH IT in here.

Tough call, any thoughts?

#1797 3 years ago

You will not get the extra 2kish back on the premium earnings. But if you're like me and get games for you sometimes and not just based on the numbers I think that diverter is going to make all the difference in the world.

#1798 3 years ago

After viewing the DeadFlip livestream, the idea of owning this machine continues to grow on me. I have a 1st world problem: Sell both Judge Dredd and Data East TMNT to make room (and funds) for this awesome looking pin? I just put a new Green LED DMD in my TMNT, and a new plastic ramp is arriving from Australia. Stern needs to stop making so many awesome pins! I'm definitely keeping my Deadpool Pro. Decisions, decisions

#1799 3 years ago

Ordered new TMNT shirt and pants off Stern’s store. Wow, fast 6 hour shipping too. My family loves their new pinball playing gear and feel like heroes in a half shell.
18BF8ABB-EC5B-46B6-AA1B-330673F96462.jpeg18BF8ABB-EC5B-46B6-AA1B-330673F96462.jpeg

#1800 3 years ago

Episode 1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
10,500 (OBO)
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7,999.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/36?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.