20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 64.
#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

For the snowflakes, this is in no way a criticism of the layout, but it is like a mirrored TFTC. That's a good thing as I like TFTC.
[quoted image]

I don’t see it man. Nice p

#1703 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Dont be that guy telling people they have Disnet tapes worth thousands. I sold off my game collection for over 15k cdn in the last 3yrs to fund my pinball habit.
You want a sealed, graded copy.? Here's two i found in 2min on eBay.
9.0 is about $1,600 usd
6.0 is only less than $600 usd
[quoted image][quoted image]

Heritage auctions/Wata sealed games are a joke. Games are passing back and forth through the same hands trying to raise prices and make “graded” game collecting the next big thing the way comic book collecting was for many years so people can cash out on it in few years.

Some rare games are worth serious lonely I won’t deny that but this price pumping of graded of common games is a joke.

Oh and this isn’t a dis on you I’m just adding to the convo and quoted you as it was easiest

#1704 3 years ago

Ok....so....in the stream earlier........ the young animation guy ??..

images (7) (resized).jpegimages (7) (resized).jpeg
#1705 3 years ago

I was shocked that I had lost touch with the community by missing these hype thread.

Watched the video... it's obvious the WFH covid order hurt their "presentation" of the game.
That said; another Meh release from a Meh company for ... WTF... another price hike. for another Craptastic feature set game... Those single standup targets are the worst thing they "invented" to save a dollar.
:Screws loose:

Cost Cutters couldn't be bothered to license Ice's work... that's where

Keep feeding the cost cutting bean counters people! Demand profit before Quality.

#1706 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I don’t see it man. Nice p

Snowflake

#1707 3 years ago

I think the thing I like the most about the video reveal so far is the Team/ Shared / Coop play mode that can let you play with friends on the same game so everyone can rack up the score and try to go the furthest as possible in the game.

#1708 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Which is inarguably true.

Umm, apparently not.

#1709 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:For the snowflakes, this is in no way a criticism of the layout, but it is like a mirrored TFTC. That's a good thing as I like TFTC.
[quoted image]

Oh oh oh. Can we start calling people “boomers” too??? I love buzz word insults!

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Oh oh oh. Can we start calling people “boomers” too??? I love buzz word insults!

Im all for a good buzz-word insult, doomer.

#1711 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

BeeKeepers, all of you!

#1712 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ok fellas....let’s get back to the topic at hand.

Jack is just streaming the pro so no QA with the devs for the pro. Clear they’re pushing Prem/LE to sell. I’m excited for Friday’s stream

#1713 3 years ago

Gotta say I liked what I saw in the stream. Dwight seemed genuinely excited which may bode well for the game Dig the flow and rule set, seemingly lots to see and do, and some nice subtleties thrown in for good measure.

#1714 3 years ago
Quoted from wipinball:

Wasn't really feeling it when I saw the leaked photos, but the stream really changed my mind. This pin looks like a lot of fun and something I may need to have in my collection.
I love the co-op mode, being able to pick your character, the pizza interaction during multi-ball, and being able to control the diverter. The shots also look really enjoyable as well.
Hmm...

What he said!

#1715 3 years ago

What’s a snowflake?

#1716 3 years ago

I thought Dwight seemed confused in the stream. Jack held it all together. Well done.

#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

What’s a snowflake?

"Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions."

Was just being ironic by getting offended and calling you a snowflake for "insulting" me. Anyway, all these "insults" I'm throwing around are supposed to be a joke, but Pinside has the built in joke filter active today so they don't work.

Quoted from kingfishtr:

Jack held it all together. Well done.

Jacks streams get slicker by the day. Given it was a zoom integration, it was pretty seamless.

#1718 3 years ago

Tftc..tron.. Munsters..?!?! Which one?

(I'm 15 pages behind)

#1719 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Your lead artist should be the lead artist, it doesn't matter who does the modelling or animating its painfully obvious these are completely separate groups. Implementation is really irrelevant, if you fake it with 2D assets or build it with 3D how it comes out in the end is what matters. The pin itself looks killer just sad the animation is not nearly the same quality.

I don't know how things work at Stern these days, so I'm purely pulling this out of my ass here, and happy to be corrected.

ZY isn't a Stern employee to the best of my knowledge, he's a contract artist who freelances. Not really practical to have him play creative director and oversee the animator. I would presume that's Greg Freres' role, if he's still the CD at Stern.

Stern has traditionally relied on a network of people do do their game animations, back in the dot days. I think there were at least 4 on Star Trek for instance. You can tell by the range of styles on it too. Then I think they went more in-house with a couple 3D artists? I dunno, I'm getting out into the weeds where I don't feel like I know enough to say. But I think the same people are doing all the Stern LCD games now.

When I worked on Alien I was involved in the animation oversight, but I wasn't just a hired gun for the art, I took on the CD role, and I also brought the animator onto the team, he was a friend of mine. I agree that it's a better way to work, especially with the limited resources we had, but I don't know that it's that normal in pinball.

#1720 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For me that diverter isn’t important. Not even close to a real toy. I hate using that middle button on the lock bar and now I won’t have to even worry about it which is fine with me. Plus the toy on the diverter is bulk and cheap looking. It’s no magna slings our trex that actually eats the ball and throws it. Those were worth the upgrade and why I went premium. So far not seeing it

The toy isn't my issue. The lack of game functionality, being able to change which flipper to shoot from??? Major loss....

Quoted from Rarehero:

The stream: Pleease just play the games without explaining every little thing. Please please please.
Yeti art is awesome, looks great. Really looks like he took elements from different designs that were used on the show & merch & combined it along with his style.
Borg usually makes nice playing games, looks fun & smooth to play.
Music is incredible, Jerry rules!
.....and the fake voices.
OK - I’ll give them some credit. This isn’t remotely Bobaleebobo or Shitty Beast. It’s clear the actors are fans of the material & are doing decent sound alikes....buuuut, it’s still not the voices of my nostalgia. It bums me out, especially since they’re doing dialog and stories from the cartoon...I wish they had just used show clips for those & hired some of the real actors for custom. Hearing a classic Raphael line but not from Rob Paulsen is just weird. Most people prob won’t care, and it’s leagues better than the horrible Marvel game voices...but, takes things down a few notches for me.
The fake footage on the LCD as well...relatively janky CG models that look like they’re from an u-rezzed PS1 game. Stiff & hollow movement. April looks awful. I dunno, it’s not impressive to me. Would have rather seen 2D art manipulation or show clips. That being said - when I’m playing the game, I’m looking at the playfield & this animation is just “business” on the score display...so, not a deal breaker, not offensive....just perplexing & dated looking.
At the end of the day, even with my nitpicks I can see the passion in the game from the TMNT fans who made this game, and I appreciate that. I think it’s gonna be a lot of fun, and the code/rules look nice as well. It feels like Dwight landed right in the middle of complex & approachable, and I think that’ll please all players on this one.
For me, I needed all I expected to be there to bite and pre-order. So, that’s not gonna happen...but I’ll keep my eye on this machine & could possibly see getting one down the road.

I'm at a loss also, for a complete lack of video assets. The rendering done by the team is great within their means, but no classic footage and voices....at all?????

#1721 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Name one other similarity other than flipped ramp placement. I can see twenty differences.

Placement of standups (eyeballs for TFTC, big-ass billboard ones for TMNT) ?

Placement of ball-lock mechanism (tombstone vs turtle van) ?

Upper Left flipper vs upper right flipper at nearly the same angle? In the mirrored image, I mean, those upper flippers look like carbon copies.

#1722 3 years ago

While waiting on my R&M to get to me in the next 3-4 months, I’m patient, wondering if any new, more recent announcements will make me chubb up and bail for the new sexy pin on the block.

So far, flaccid. TMNT2 is not that game that makes me run to the new girl. Still waiting for a real competitor.

#1723 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Those single standup targets are the worst thing they "invented" to save a dollar.

It's more like a way for the designer to put 4 or 5 shots into a smaller area that won't fit individual standup targets. And it makes qualifying those shots from random bounces a bit easier for novice players. Maybe it also cuts costs, it is what it is

Rob

#1724 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm at a loss also, for a complete lack of video assets. The rendering done by the team is great within their means, but no classic footage and voices....at all?????

License costs and those old cartoons are maybe not exactly the best video quality to begin with. Old cartoons and modern video rendering wouldn't mix well together.

Rob

#1725 3 years ago

Hang on tight to that Rick and Morty! The Spooky team is real passionate about that project and the game is turning out STELLAR. Also... price wise is going for around $12k right now...will likely reach Alien / Lebowski territory after all 750 are made. I’ve got one coming...but I’m also gonna buy a TMNT Premium for route in my pizza place.

Quoted from DruTheFu:

While waiting on my R&M to get to me in the next 3-4 months, I’m patient, wondering if any new, more recent announcements will make me chubb up and bail for the new sexy pin on the block.
So far, flaccid. TMNT2 is not that game that makes me run to the new girl. Still waiting for a real competitor.

#1726 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

"Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions."
Was just being ironic by getting offended and calling you a snowflake for "insulting" me.

Have come across quite a few of those in my time. lol

#1727 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I thought Dwight seemed confused in the stream. Jack held it all together. Well done.

Well ever since I played Star Wars. That confused the F outta me!

#1728 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The toy isn't my issue. The lack of game functionality, being able to change which flipper to shoot from??? Major loss....

As far as i could tell from the stream the game is in control of the diverter most of the time and it's just used to stop the ball, i don't think I'd miss it... I do however love the van opening for multiball which is a feature i would miss on a pro...

#1729 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

License costs and those old cartoons are maybe not exactly the best video quality to begin with. Old cartoons and modern video rendering wouldn't mix well together.
Rob

But they're clearly already working with the license holder. The license holder that insisted on a specific version of the theme music even.

This game is clearly based on the cartoon. Not the newest cg show. Not the cg movies or the original films or comics. A direct tie to the cartoons would feel more natural than removed, and frankly at this point, things feel a bit more imitative than source.

I'd have loved to see some brief clips here and there, along with original voice actors. Otherwise, this feels like an more peculiar license usage than Jurassic Park. That hinted very directly at the films. This....is a direct mimic, sans soul.

#1730 3 years ago

It looked like Jack Danger had the game over the whole lock down period.
He seemed to know it inside out, great job on the demo

Pin looks very pretty, well done! Although not a big fan of the series... I do remember the original music.
The new Glee version playing would surely get on my tits after a while.
Is there any repetition testing performed at Stern? Say where they lock someone in a sound booth with headphones and play the same Pin sound theme / music / effect over + over to see if there are any adverse human affects?

#1731 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

It looked like Jack Danger had the game over the whole lock down period.
He seemed to know it inside out, great job on the demo
Pin looks very pretty, well done! Although not a big fan of the series... I do remember the original music.
The new Glee version playing would surely get on my tits after a while.
Is there any repetition testing performed at Stern? Say where they lock someone in a sound booth with headphones and play the same Pin sound theme / music / effect over + over to see if there are any adverse human affects?

If you experience adverse effects, the network connectivity coming soon will allow Stern to soon offer an alternate soundtrack patch for the low, low price of $99.95 and install it for you.

#1732 3 years ago

It is unusual to see anchovies chosen as a pizza topping, imo. Never known anybody who‘d request them and very few who would tolerate them. Anybody ordering anchovies for their Za’s, give this a thumbs up.

#1733 3 years ago

I just ordered a pro and LE

Pro for route (whenever that’s a reality again) LE for me.

Who else is buying multiple?

#1734 3 years ago

I will also say the animations are horrible! Specially the April animation. I think it’s the thick black outline their using! Please work on this in updated codes stern!

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I just ordered a pro and LE
Pro for route (whenever that’s a reality again) LE for me.
Who else is buying multiple?

I am selling both kidneys for two LE’s.

#1736 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Remember when DVDs were getting big and some of them had them had elaborate 3d rendered menus that looked terrible even back then?
Why does TMNT have early 2000s DVD menu quality animations? Animations dont make or break a game but those character models look pretty darn horrible. Like the foreign cgi cartoons on Netflix horrible. Game play however looks great. I love the layout.

#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Remember when DVDs were getting big and some of them had them had elaborate 3d rendered menus that looked terrible even back then?
Why does TMNT have early 2000s DVD menu quality animations? Animations dont make or break a game but those character models look pretty darn horrible. Like the foreign cgi cartoons on Netflix horrible. Game play however looks great. I love the layout.

I think the developers and animators are working with what they have. The Stern motherboards and graphic chip capabilities have limitations. If you want modern day, next gen graphical displays, the BOM would need about a 500 - 700 dollar upgrade for nVidia/AMD like graphic prowess...I would definitely welcome that change, but I'm sure many wouldn't as it's not really adding anything under the glass. It's definitely an untapped marketing opportunity, but not sure it's what pinball needs... Most would probably want more mechanical innovation...

#1738 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think the developers and animators are working with what they have. The Stern motherboards and graphic chip capabilities have limitations. If you want modern day, next gen graphical displays, the BOM would need about a 500 - 700 dollar upgrade for nVidia/AMD like graphic prowess...I would definitely welcome that change, but I'm sure many wouldn't as it's not really adding anything under the glass. It's definitely an untapped marketing opportunity, but not sure it's what pinball needs... Most would probably want more mechanical innovation...

Dont think you would need that high end of a GPU. More in the 200-250 dollar range. Doesnt take much to push frames/graphics when its a fixed scene.

#1739 3 years ago

Love turtles, putting this next to my LE

trt (resized).jpgtrt (resized).jpg
#1740 3 years ago

For those complaining about lack of assets and original theme song. It's very simple you ready for the answer? The same reason the original theme is not in arcade 1up machines. It's cause Nick didn't want it in the game. Nick sent the theme they wanted in the game to Stern. At this point I doubt Nick or Stern is gonna come on pinside, read people upset about lack of original theme and think "Damn no theme? Welp guess this game is unsellable

#1741 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It is unusual to see anchovies chosen as a pizza topping, imo. Never known anybody who‘d request them and very few who would tolerate them. Anybody ordering anchovies for their Za’s, give this a thumbs up.

If I recall from when I watched the show decades ago, the turtles would often want anchovies on their pizzas.

#1742 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

If I recall from when I watched the show decades ago, the turtles would often want anchovies on their pizzas.

That’s why I am asking, the turtles loved anchovies. When I was a kid, anchovies often came on House specialty pizzas. You would have to remember to ask they be left off. My dad would eat them but it grossed out our family. Does anybody order anchovies for their pizza today ???

#1743 3 years ago

This game looks like it will be a blast to shoot, and I’d bet it will do very well on location. Jerry did a great job with the sound package as usual. They have put a lot of thought into the co-op / team modes and am looking forward to checking those out.

If you remotely like the theme, this has to have you excited. Maybe I’m a few years outside of the range, but I never connected with TNMT in the 80s / 90s. I was 12 in 87 when the first season aired.

That said, there are plenty of games people pickup that don’t necessarily love the theme. The layout and rules have me excited to check this out. Looks like a great shooter. I hate the mono targets, but it isn’t a deal breaker for me.

#1744 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The selectable diverter isn't on the Pro, correct? So that means you can't divert the ball to either lane when it's shooting back down?
If so, that's a basic feature removed from the Pro, which would really suck. As otherwise how many features are in the Pro/Game? Spinning pizza magnet, ball lock van but not on the Pro, Krang bumper bopper not on the Pro.

Good points.

#1745 3 years ago

I think clips from the original show would have looked pretty slick being played as shots are made. Here's the first episode of the show. The LCD could have turned into an old console TV when clips are played. If something like this was in the game I think it would attract more buyers. Instead the game feels a bit generic but I understand the code is early. I wish Stern would have done something similar to Batman 66 with TMNT and had a wide range of modes based on season.

#1746 3 years ago

I was sooooo close to ordering one NIB Stern- you almost had me. But that sound package, man.

I finally realized what it sounded like: Candy Crush. All the bright sounding sound effects and April's voice acting... it I closed my eyes I would think someone was playing a TMNT mobile game. And the "Kidz Bop" Main Theme EVERY MULTIBALL?? Imagine hearing that multiple times, every game you play. I would avoid multiball just to avoid the soundtrack.

That being said, high praise for the code, the layout, the theme, everything else. This will KILL on route, I mean, it sounds like a slot machine, so I can only imagine what cash it'll make. Just not for me until someone can hack the sound again.

#1747 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Dont be that guy telling people they have Disney tapes worth thousands. I sold off my game collection for over 15k cdn in the last 3yrs to fund my pinball habit.
You want a sealed, graded copy.? Here's two i found in 2min on eBay.
9.0 is about $1,600 usd
6.0 is only less than $600 usd
Maybe not mint but factory sealed and graded. I literally used the first two completed sealed listings I found on Ebay.
[quoted image][quoted image]

These NES games aren't being bought by TMNT fans. Pretty much all of the "sealed and graded" NES stuff is just part of a rather recent speculator market pumped by investors moving in from the comic book speculator market.

#1748 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That’s why I am asking, the turtles loved anchovies. When I was a kid, anchovies often came on House specialty pizzas. You would have to remember to ask they be left off. My dad would eat them but it grossed out our family. Does anybody order anchovies for their pizza today ???

All. The. Time.

It's not a true New England style "special" without them. Ground sausage, hamburger, peppers, onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, and anchovies.

Albeit in the last 20 or so years, they now ask if you want anchovies instead of automatically putting them on.

A funny thing though, is that even though it may not be listed on the menu, if you order a special, every mom and pop place knows what you mean, and will make it as described above

#1749 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

These NES games aren't being bought by TMNT fans. Pretty much all of the "sealed and graded" NES stuff is just part of a rather recent speculator market pumped by investors moving in from the comic book speculator market.

Somewhat true. I said "Mint sealed" in my price quote and the guy came back with average sealed comps. I'm talking VGA 85+ or Wata 9.4/A+ level. Been collecting very actively about 12 years. I'd say price was $850 in that condition as recently as late 2018. Then it jumped to about $2500 beginning of 2019 and I sold there. Was able to find a raw one to replace at a fraction of the price later on thankfully. I expected price to drop but it didn't. I stand by my assessment that the game in that condition is now $3500 as of today and frankly an easy sell there if you are connected in the market.

Point being, speculative investors, sure, but TMNT games have been in demand and held these price levels for well over 18 months now. Usually when new dumb money gets in prices quickly bubble and fall. They haven't fallen on the good titles and won't though.

#1750 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

All. The. Time.
It's not a true New England style "special" without them. Ground sausage, hamburger, peppers, onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, and anchovies.
Albeit in the last 20 or so years, they now ask if you want anchovies instead of automatically putting them on.
A funny thing though, is that even though it may not be listed on the menu, if you order a special, every mom and pop place knows what you mean, and will make it as described above

My favorite pizza at one point was a place that made a clam and garlic pizza with anchovies. Surprisingly good

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/35?hl=yokimato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.