20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 64.
#1551 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

There are four iterations of the turtles and their voices (two cartoons and the two movies). Sadly this is stern's, thus a fifth. So like it or not, this is now how they sound.

Uh, there's actually 4 Cartoon Series and 6 Movies, all different actors, in the TMNT 2012 they even changed some inbetween seasons, so I don't give the slightest shit.

#1552 3 years ago

So. Only one question.

What is the "Premise/ Story"?

Is there a red thread or do you just battle multiple enemys?

#1553 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You are correct that both wireforms give you weapon and I can see there is no advantage to collecting it on either side now. This reinforces the functionality of the pro model and idea that you aren’t missing much. I am not going to lie and say that was smart, in fact, it is probably a design flaw. If the inlanes offered different options, the diverter could have been used in a strategic way. As implemented, the functionality is wasted.
[quoted image]

No telling yet how the weapons work but I imagine you can have one or two sides lit at a time and divert the ball where it needs to be to collect. Seems like the kind of thing that could switch from left to right from sling hits or something.

#1554 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Uh, there's actually 4 Cartoon Series and 6 Movies, all different actors, in the TMNT 2012 they even changed some inbetween seasons, so I don't give the slightest shit.

Wow holy hell. Thank you, I didn't know that.

#1555 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I dont even need them to sound the same as the 80s voice actors. They just sound weird. Like a regional accent or something. Not what I expect of four teenagers in New York during the 80s

#1556 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I dont even need them to sound the same as the 80s voice actors. They just sound weird. Like a regional accent or something. Not what I expect of four teenagers in New York during the 80s

We haven’t heard any callouts yet, just the song. The “we’re really hip” and “get a grip” are just part of the song.

#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Wow holy hell. Thank you, I didn't know that.

Actually there's even more but I don't count the "real actors in costumes" show where they even meet the Power Rangers and the "Chibi" Version.

Oh and there was an Anime Spinoff... XD

#1558 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We haven’t heard any callouts yet, just the song. The “we’re really hip” and “get a grip” are just part of the song.

Fair point. Fingers are crossed.

#1559 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So. Only one question.
What is the "Premise/ Story"?
Is there a red thread or do you just battle multiple enemys?

No idea, but in the show it was always Shredder & Krang (or other villains) have an evil plan, Turtles fight them & stop it. Pretty simple, totally works for pinball narrative. Good vs. Evil

#1560 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No idea, but in the show it was always Shredder & Krang (or other villains) have an evil plan, Turtles fight them & stop it. Pretty simple, totally works for pinball narrative. Good vs. Evil

Hoping the "start episode" means lots of actual clips from the show. The nerdier side of me is kind of hoping for a fourth wall thing where the Turtles need your help to stop Shedders plan to erase them. Collect the episodes he has stolen by playing through them or something. We will.see what's up soon. I already told my son I'm busy this evening lol

#1561 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Hoping the "start episode" means lots of actual clips from the show. The nerdier side of me is kind of hoping for a fourth wall thing where the Turtles need your help to stop Shedders plan to erase them. Collect the episodes he has stolen by playing through them or something. We will.see what's up soon. I already told my son I'm busy this evening lol

Probably won't see actual show clips since they didn't hire the original actors and their voices are part of those clips, unless they are silent and new voice work is placed over them.

#1562 3 years ago

Deadflip has just gone live!

#1563 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Probably won't see actual show clips since they didn't hire the original actors and their voices are part of those clips, unless they are silent and new voice work is placed over them.

Do we know they didnt hire the voice actors or is that just based off of the theme song?

#1564 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Deadflip has just gone live!

Link?

#1565 3 years ago

twitch.tv/DeadFlip

#1566 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes, but I not so confident they do something like that.

Edit: It seems I stand corrected, wich I'm happy about!

#1567 3 years ago

Ok, I'm out, bye! (Game itself looks fun, will play it on location.)

out (resized).jpgout (resized).jpg

Just take one of the Assets ZY made!

Edit: Some of you really think this looks great?

#1568 3 years ago

Don't let the door hit you in the shell.

#1569 3 years ago

i love this level up mechanic. Its like star wars code with a whole other added dimension to it. Playfield really looks packed...love the layout

#1570 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Don't let the door hit you in the shell.

You knwo I won't leave.

But srsly, why? ZY made some sweet pics, just use one of those.
This April "model" is really beyond good & evil.

#1571 3 years ago

2 vs 2 teamplay? Thats Fing awesome. Any other pin have that? TNA?>

#1572 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

2 vs 2 teamplay? Thats Fing awesome. Any other pin have that? TNA?>

Yeah TNA has 2v2 co op as well.

#1573 3 years ago

20 mins into live stream and I’m AMPED for a Premium, Game looks way fun!

#1574 3 years ago

Watching now. Some of these voices are absolutely terrible.... Turtles in particular like leo. Some are fine (krang splinter). Jury out on shredder..... Although thats a good thing. I think he's going to be fine. April borderline. Leo saying turkey for example awful.

Art for some of the villains on lcd like slash are very bad and don't match the art by zombie...wtf?

Code looks loaded which is great. Layout and flow looks great too.

#1575 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

20 mins into live stream and I’m AMPED for a Premium, Game looks way fun!

I agree! was on fence hoping, really liking what Im seeing so far.

#1576 3 years ago

Didn't have a strong opinion either way before the stream, but I gotta say, this thing looks fun as heck to shoot.

#1577 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ok, I'm out, bye! (Game itself looks fun, will play it on location.)
[quoted image]
Just take one of the Assets ZY made!
Edit: Some of you really think this looks great?

k

#1578 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Didn't have a strong opinion either way before the stream, but I gotta say, this thing looks fun as heck to shoot.

Certainly exceeded my expectations (only because the theme wasn't for me). Looks great!

#1579 3 years ago

Just like JP, these custom animations destroy 25-year-old clips, and just like JP, people will cry for months about "assets."

#1580 3 years ago

Whoa most state of the art top notch next level whole new game graphics ever!

Instant buy!

out (resized).jpgout (resized).jpg

But srsly: Game looks (and sounds) great in nearly every regard... but this. uh... rare piece is not one of em.

And I'm not shiiting on them for the fun of it, I'd like them to redo this piece, since I'm actually very interrested but I can't unsee this.

#1581 3 years ago

improved code can replace animations over time. itll get better. but this early the whole thing looks great. I have a tough decision between this, JP and Wonka. I think this may be it.....

#1582 3 years ago

This thing shoots so well right out of the gate that it makes Clunky Things even more of a confounding failure in hindsight.

#1583 3 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

I've been out of the loop. Would you be kind enough to give full details?

It wasn’t even about TMNT. There is bad blood between jack danger and zach meny. I think it stems back to the whole introduction and immediate implosion of the Pinball network when Jack was the first to call them out for being a middle aged white boy group. There were thinly veiled comments made by several involved on podcasts on Facebook, etc.

Today jack sort of instigated on the flip n out Pinball Facebook page when zach announced taking orders for TMNT and got zach all fired up and then his wife came on to defend him. There were over 70 comments - mostly just jabs back and forth between jack and Zach and Zach’s wife before all of the comments vanished. Obviously there is bad blood and a big failure to communicate.

#1584 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

improved code can replace animations over time.

It can. If it will we don't know.

Loving BKSoR animation but there also is one animation loop error wich never got fixed.
(But nothing to a degree I'd be as hard as I'm, now.)

#1585 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It can. If it will we don't know.
Loving BKSoR animation but there also is one animation loop error wich never got fixed.
(But nothing to a degree I'd be as hard as I'm, now.)

I want to play BKSOR so bad but no where around here has it. I thought about buying a pro blindly(i dont like upper playfields), but couldnt bring myself to it. My wife says I get 1 more for now so I need to be picky!

I like getting a Pin early and seeing the code evolve. It was fun to have deadpool from the beginning and most thought it was a dud. Now its mostly loved on here it seems.

#1586 3 years ago

Pizza button mash mode? I take it all back.

#1587 3 years ago

I really don't get this bash the button thing, its not a mode, it comes across as so lazy. Also the LCD graphics and animation are super poor quality for this day and age but I guess acceptable for Stern.

#1588 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I like getting a Pin early and seeing the code evolve. It was fun to have deadpool from the beginning and most thought it was a dud. Now its mostly loved on here it seems.

I get that but I wouldn't allow me to buy one until I'm absolutely sure... wich of yourse is a money thing as well.

I love BKSoR in every regard, but people are of course correct when they say it's kinda empfy.
TMNT has A LOT of "geometry", looks really fun to shoot and I love the music.
But since I love TMNT I can't stand what they did to April. That's no ill will.
If they change it, I'm propably in sooner or later.

#1589 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I get that but I wouldn't allow me to buy one until I'm absolutely sure... wich of yourse is a money thing as well.
I love BKSoR in every regard, but people are of course correct when they say it's kinda empfy.
TMNT has A LOT of "geometry", looks really fun to shoot and I love the music.
But since I love TMNT I can't stand what they did to April. That's no ill will.
If they change it, I'm propably in sooner or later.

I have deadpool Prem and SW comic Premium. I kind of thought BKSOR was similar to SW layout(ritchie fast fan layout). Brutal and fast. So that was in the back of my mind as well. Still need to find one locally to get time on.

#1590 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have deadpool Prem and SW comic Premium. I kind of thought BKSOR was similar to SW layout(ritchie fast fan layout). Brutal and fast. So that was in the back of my mind as well. Still need to find one locally to get time on.

Personally I like a clear objective in a game and this game is as obvious as it can get.
You work your way up to the Black Knight AND it really feels you fight him. (And all the rest works for me also.)

#1591 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Personally I like a clear objective in a game and this game is as obvious as it can get.
You work your way up to the Black Knight AND it really feels you fight him. (And all the rest works for me also.)

deadpool is like that as well progressing through the enemies. Star Wars is madness with combining missions(but you can turn that off).

#1592 3 years ago

I’m not a big fan of the theme, but game looks like it will be fun to shoot.

I am very disappointed with the mono targets though. I think it’s a pretty silly cost cutting move and it will be very hard for me to consider a NIB game in the future where there should be drops or individual targets. I’d rather have no targets than mono targets. I’d make an exception for Munsters if I decide to get one but other than that - mono targets = location only for me.

#1593 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

deadpool is like that as well progressing through the enemies.

Well,... no. (At least compared to BKSoR with the main enemy in the center, as the only big toy you fight constantly. )

#1594 3 years ago

Yeah - Theme does absolutely nothing for me and that song would drive me insane...but it looks like a blast to play on location and it looks like shoots well right out of the gate.

#1595 3 years ago

Loving the throwback early '90s new jack swing/funk soundtrack. What I wouldn't give to play this all night in a shitty pizza parlor with greasy checkered tablecloths.

#1596 3 years ago

I think the majority of the animations look petty damn awesome. The battle modes and skill shot stuff with the turtles landing attacks looks really great I thought. Maybe in hindsight or in freeze frames there will be weaknesses. That April mode looks weak, but it supposed to be a news report on a crappy TV - I think her stuff looks better in other areas...

#1597 3 years ago

In '87 I was more interested in beer and girls than cartoon turtles so not excited by the theme but looks like a really fun game. Zombie Yeti artwork is always amazing and the layout looks great. The LCD work is also fantastic imo, feels like Stern is really hitting its stride with the screen stuff.

I'm sure there will be a lot of happy TMNT fans out there with this one.

#1598 3 years ago

Overall impression after that first stream? Stern knocked it out of the park. I could take or leave TMNT as a theme, didn't think I was going to want one, but wow. Total package.

#1599 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Game is lacking innovation in the toy department. Ramp diverter via shadow. Magnet spinner pulled right from xmen. And a physical ball lock in a van.
Game just looks cookie cutter at first glance.

How many games have you designed?

#1600 3 years ago

Looks like this is going to be great.

Nice job Stern team!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

10,500 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/32?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.